April 27, 2024, 06:51:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 911012 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1900 on: October 30, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »

HOLY CRAP ROB....nice photo. I had not seen this before and I am in even more shock now that I see just how far away the bar/restaurant is from the apartment...WTF!!! Leaving kids unattended AT ALL is bad enough, but I thought they were like...just across the hall or something of that nature. I am blown away at this. I guess I have not followed it close enough...or something. UNREAL!!! That is a HUGE distance to be away from your kids!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1901 on: October 30, 2007, 10:20:10 AM »

Nut look how close Murat's house is.. it's closer than the Tapas Bar. Murat is to be re-interviewed either today or in the next few days... not sure exactly when. But it's going to happen. He's far from cleared.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1902 on: October 31, 2007, 12:58:04 PM »

Boy does this sound familiar  Rolling Eyes

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1290805,00.html

Madeleine Hunt At 'Crucial' Stage
By Sara Merchant
Sky News reporter
Updated:05:59, Wednesday October 31, 2007

A child protection expert believes the man heading the Portuguese inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has reached a crucial stage in the investigation.

Kate McCann with policeFormer police detective Mark Williams-Thomas said: "It's now time to make a decision about the line of inquiry which focuses on Kate and Gerry McCann.

"It's time to either make the case against them or release them from suspect status and put forward an alternative case."

Mr Williams-Thomas, who has run major paedophile inquiries in Britain, is confident the new head of the investigation, Paulo Rebelo, has been through all the evidence and will now be looking at the possibilities.

He said: "There is now a new focus, a new team, and the new man heading the investigation has been in position for about three weeks.

"He's proactive and seems to be doing all the right things. He should have been involved from the start."

(snipped)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1903 on: October 31, 2007, 01:46:17 PM »

Nut look how close Murat's house is.. it's closer than the Tapas Bar. Murat is to be re-interviewed either today or in the next few days... not sure exactly when. But it's going to happen. He's far from cleared.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-7036004,00.html

Rob ... are you implying the the McCann's were more than 100 yards away from their precious sleeping children ... precious sleeping children who were alone without any defence from unforeseen dangers.

Janet

++++++++++++++

Murat 'not worried about interview'
Press Association
Tuesday October 30, 2007 5:08 PM

Madeleine McCann suspect Robert Murat was "absolutely not worried" despite a reported move by detectives to re-interview him, a friend said on Tuesday.

Paulo Rebelo, who heads the police inquiry, ordered a fresh interrogation of the Briton after his first inspection of the Portuguese holiday apartment from where the little girl went missing, said the Evening Standard.

But Mr Murat, 33, has not spoken to police for nearly three months and was not concerned about today's report, said family friend and spokesman Tuck Price.

Mr Murat, whose villa is just yards from the spot where Madeleine was abducted on May 3, strenuously denies any involvement in the four-year-old's disappearance. He was made an official suspect in the case 10 days after the Leicestershire youngster went missing.

Mr Rebelo, recently appointed new head of the investigation, is said to have examined windows at the McCanns' former holiday apartment in Praia da Luz and paced out all possible escape routes during his inspection of the property.  He is also reported to have walked the 100 yards to the villa Mr Murat shares with his mother.

Mr Murat is one of three formal suspects in the Madeleine McCann investigation along with the child's parents, Gerry and Kate.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1904 on: October 31, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »

I'd feel better about Murat as a suspect if Gerry McCann had not known him years ago in Jolly Old England before Murat moved to Portugal.

Rob, weren't you the one who posted that?  Whose to say he didn't ask his old bud for assistance of some sort or pay him?

On Greta last night, she revealed that ALL the DNA samples appear to have been contaminated and will not be used.  I don't know if she has a transcript up yet or not but I listened twice and that's what she said.  The PLE did not take adequate precautions and all submitted samples are believed to have been contaminated to the extent they cannot be used in a court of law.

No wonder they find traces everywhere they look!  Apparently they are smearing them about themselves.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1905 on: October 31, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »

According to "named" spokepersons for invesigation ... not unidentified sources ... Robert Murat was declared a formal suspect and ... the McCanns were declared formal suspects.

However ... unlike Robert Murat ... the McCanns' current suspect status implies that it was determined by the PLE that there was enough suspicion/evidence to present their respective files to the prosecutor and .. the prosecutor determined there was enough evidence to present their respective files to a judge ... a judge who will determine if the evidence justifies the pressing of charges.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6989960.stm

McCann files to be given to judge
September 11, 2007

Speaking outside the prosecutor's office in Portimao on Tuesday, assistant Luisa Duarte said Mr Cunha de Magalhaes had received the papers and decided they should go before an instructional judge.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296150,00.html

Fox News
Saturday, September 08, 2007

But police said new forensic tests done on evidence gathered months after the girl vanished found traces of blood in the couple's car, said Justine McGuinness, a spokeswoman for the family.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1906 on: October 31, 2007, 02:20:12 PM »

<snipped>

On Greta last night, she revealed that ALL the DNA samples appear to have been contaminated and will not be used.  I don't know if she has a transcript up yet or not but I listened twice and that's what she said.  The PLE did not take adequate precautions and all submitted samples are believed to have been contaminated to the extent they cannot be used in a court of law.

<snipped>

Thank you Anna

I will be anticipating an official fox transcript of this Greta show.  I am curious to know who Greta's sources are.

I have scanned all the recent articles pertaining to the Madeleine McCann case and ... there is nothing from unofficial or official sources that imply that all the forensic evidence collected so far has been eliminated.  My understanding was that the it was the British and their technology that was involved with the collecting of forensic evidence.

Thanks again.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1907 on: October 31, 2007, 02:33:47 PM »

http://www.findmadeleine.com/fund/

<snipped>

NOTE

1.1 The full objects of the Fund are:

1.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;

1.1.2 To procure that Madeleine’s abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and

1.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.

1.2 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

<snipped:

I do not believe that those who donated ... some who sacrificially donated ... to the fund realized that "financial assistance" implied paying mortgage payments on a million dollar home ... upholding the lifestyle of two practicing physicians.

Logic dictates that prior to withdrawing monies from the fund ... the McCann's would downsize their affluent lifestyle.

IMO

Janet 

_____

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1908 on: October 31, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »

Is anyone, anywhere, still searching for Madelaine?
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1909 on: October 31, 2007, 07:55:28 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-7036004,00.html

Rob ... are you implying the the McCann's were more than 100 yards away from their precious sleeping children ... precious sleeping children who were alone without any defence from unforeseen dangers.

Janet

++++++++++++++

Murat 'not worried about interview'
Press Association
Tuesday October 30, 2007 5:08 PM

Madeleine McCann suspect Robert Murat was "absolutely not worried" despite a reported move by detectives to re-interview him, a friend said on Tuesday.

Paulo Rebelo, who heads the police inquiry, ordered a fresh interrogation of the Briton after his first inspection of the Portuguese holiday apartment from where the little girl went missing, said the Evening Standard.

But Mr Murat, 33, has not spoken to police for nearly three months and was not concerned about today's report, said family friend and spokesman Tuck Price.

Mr Murat, whose villa is just yards from the spot where Madeleine was abducted on May 3, strenuously denies any involvement in the four-year-old's disappearance. He was made an official suspect in the case 10 days after the Leicestershire youngster went missing.

Mr Rebelo, recently appointed new head of the investigation, is said to have examined windows at the McCanns' former holiday apartment in Praia da Luz and paced out all possible escape routes during his inspection of the property.  He is also reported to have walked the 100 yards to the villa Mr Murat shares with his mother.

Mr Murat is one of three formal suspects in the Madeleine McCann investigation along with the child's parents, Gerry and Kate.

ALONG WITH 7 or was it 8 OTHER PARENTS WHO LEFT THEIR CHILDREN SLEEPING - ONE OF THEM SICK
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1910 on: November 01, 2007, 09:53:51 AM »

That's what I want to know too.  Sad

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1911 on: November 01, 2007, 03:58:02 PM »

That's what I want to know too.  Sad
Just from what were reading, it would appear that most of the searching is coming from a handful of dedicated monkeys now. At least nothing be reported. Without parents or friends on site, things seem to come to a stop.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1912 on: November 01, 2007, 04:48:51 PM »

I read a couple of forums dedicated to Madeleine McCann daily, and search/read about 6 or 7 British papers/tabloids daily.  I have stopped posting very much here, because of questionable sources.  IMO there have been leaks from law enforcement and there has been a HUGE PR campaign by the parents.  I find a lot of what I read doesn't have much to do with finding Madeleine, but talks about her parents.  Gerry McCann's blog disgusts me, because I find it is a lot of chit chat.  I would like to hear more about finding Madeleine.  The investigation is still ongoing, from what I can tell.  There has been further testing and reviews of previous interviews, rechecking the apartment, walking through different possible scenarious.  I think the police have been trying to do cross checks on statements, working on a time line and etc.  I would like to know why people had to pay 10p to download a copy of Madeleine's missing poster.  The tipline charges per minute, etc.  Madeleine's distinctive eye was trademarked within weeks of going missing.  Tee Shirts with her image are sold for 10 pounds each.  I am just disgusted with the whole thing.  I wonder where this little girl is?  In my mind and heart, her parents leaving a three year old and  the two year old twins alone was the start of whom is responsible for her being missing.  I understand this wasn't done just once, and it isn't like being in your back garden while you are in the house.  I'm just disgusted. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1913 on: November 01, 2007, 07:02:06 PM »

Muffybee and all
I have not been posting about the case for a few reasons.

Let's not fool ourselves here. Something is terribly wrong here with Madeleine's case.

I find so much that completely disgusts me. And a lot of that is aimed at the McCanns themselves. I have been posting on the Mirror Board and for the most part there are some good people over there that want to see Maddy found.

I have never been against or at odds with a family that I have supported before. I genuinely see the families as extended victims. But something is very wrong with the McCanns in my humble opinion.

For instance - there is a rumor that Gerry played golf the other day. Apparently there are some pictures, but I haven't seen them...there are people that saw him there and they have written and posted about it. I guess playing golf isn't all that bad - accept his daughter is missing and he is partly to blame. How he is able to even think about anything other than his lovely daughter leaves me wanting to vomit. Seriously  -it does.

Everyone knows Kate and Gerry jog - they have a lot of 'me' time. Again, nothing wrong with that but THEIR DAUGHTER IS MISSING - AND THEY ARE PARTLY RESPONSIBLE.
How they are able to think about anything but what Madeleine may be going through just disgusts me. (provided she is alive).

Then there is Kate and her worries about her chest size...I don't even know what to think about that....gak!

Then there was the mortgage debacle. The McCanns used 8000 dollars from the MADELEINE FUND to pay their mortgage in July and August before they became suspects. They have not used the fund since - according to Clarance Mitchell.

How they could use the money donated to find Maddy has even the pro-McCann folks barfing all over the message boards.

It is horrible in my opinion. There have been a lot of post about those that gave to the fund.

For instance - an old pensioner who decided to forgo the new shoes he was saving for. He gave 20 pounds. That's about 40 dollars. That was all he had.

Then there was the little girl that sold her toys on E-Bay and then took all of the money and gave it to the Find Madeleine Fund. Apparently her mother said she came home from school after the McCanns were named formal suspects and asked if it was true - 'did the McCanns kill Maddy'.

The McCanns are effecting people all around them now. And it's not pretty. They are only concerned about themselves.

Then there are the police. The PJ and the PLE. They never searched any of the places they leaked repeatedly about. Only the reservoir when it became known about a week ago that maybe Maddy was in the water. I could go on and on about the police - but what's the use?

Some of the people here are right - it's all about the McCanns and not the VICTIM - Madeleine.

I guess some of you have seen that Heather MacCarthy has complained that she is getting the 'Kate Treatment' in the press. It a mad mad world and I'm just livin' in it.

I just don't know what to think anymore. sighhhh...

sorry of this posts offends anyone.. really I am...sometimes when you research and learn what is really happening - you don't like what you find.

-again all just my opinion anyway-

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1914 on: November 01, 2007, 07:26:42 PM »

I do agree that leaving the children alone was the reason Madeleine was available for a kidnapping. The parents are definitely to blame for giving someone that opportunity and for allowing their children to be vulnerable to disaster. And the group as a whole, actually put all of their children at risk. It was careless and stupid of all of them. But apparently none of them saw any danger at all in what they were doing. I see that a lot in the suburb where I live. This is considered a very safe area, so parents are very lax about letting their kids run around town. I see kids alone at bus stops every morning, with no one making sure they get on the bus safely. I see elementary school kids walking home alone from school. I'm just waiting for someone's child to go missing, because it's bound to happen. There's just too much opportunity, and one day a pedophile will take advantage of it.
I've wondered if someone was watching the McCanns, targeting the family.....waiting for an opportunity to snatch Madeleine, because she is a beautiful child.
But I still think we have to blame the perpetrator ultimately, whoever it is, and whatever the reason she was taken, because it's always wrong to steal a child from her bed, even if the parents have been careless in their protection.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1915 on: November 01, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »

WOW ROB   Shocked

Been sometime since I checked in this thread or read the mirror forum.  Sad

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1916 on: November 01, 2007, 09:11:43 PM »

Gerry's brother quit his job some time back to devote full time to fund raising with high donors like the Virgin Airline exec who contributed so much to the McCann's PERSONAL fund, not the main one to find Madeleine but the one for their personal expenses.  The one that is primarily to defend their "name" and promote a certain image as prescribed by their PR firm handlers.

I would feel much better about the McCanns had not their first priority been to hook up with one of the largest PR firms in Europe, even before they hired lawyers or private detectives to look for their daughter.

Most sources quoted in the news have been unnamed as Tamikasmom has pointed out.  Of those that did state a source, most of them have been not witnesses in Portugal but Gerry's mom or Kate's aunt or some friend or close relative.

At one point Gery's mother I believe it was (one of their close blood relatives) suggested that an abductor would drug Madeleine so she would be quiet during an abduction.  What an odd thing to speculate.

Gerry knew Murat long ago.  Isn't that one of those coincidences one has to believe actually happen?  What are the odds of that?

I don't know what happened to Madeleine but I have seen parents who exhibit some of the worst judgment as parents I have seen for people of their education.  What else did they apply this flawed logic of theirs to?  There is a reason physicians are not to practice medicine under the influence of either drugs or alcohol and that to do so is illegal.  It's too easy to make mistakes.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1917 on: November 01, 2007, 10:06:54 PM »

I don't understand how the McCann's are getting all of this support. There are trustees of the Madeleine Fund, and without telling the public they paid two mortgage payments? The government also seems to be behind them. I have heard of no outcry in Britain...and there should be someone asking questions. Golf, breasts? What happened to discretion (especially when you're living on someone else's dollar). Chatty Gary? What happened to decorum? It really has not been that long since Madeleine disappeared that would allow one to "continue on with their lives". I think someone should be "PRing" them to behave themselves.

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1918 on: November 01, 2007, 10:35:30 PM »

I do agree that leaving the children alone was the reason Madeleine was available for a kidnapping. The parents are definitely to blame for giving someone that opportunity and for allowing their children to be vulnerable to disaster. And the group as a whole, actually put all of their children at risk. It was careless and stupid of all of them. But apparently none of them saw any danger at all in what they were doing. I see that a lot in the suburb where I live. This is considered a very safe area, so parents are very lax about letting their kids run around town. I see kids alone at bus stops every morning, with no one making sure they get on the bus safely. I see elementary school kids walking home alone from school. I'm just waiting for someone's child to go missing, because it's bound to happen. There's just too much opportunity, and one day a pedophile will take advantage of it.
I've wondered if someone was watching the McCanns, targeting the family.....waiting for an opportunity to snatch Madeleine, because she is a beautiful child.
But I still think we have to blame the perpetrator ultimately, whoever it is, and whatever the reason she was taken, because it's always wrong to steal a child from her bed, even if the parents have been careless in their protection.
pdh3 ~ it hasn't been established that Madeleine has been abducted.  She is  considered missing, by law enforcement.    Her parents are suspects in her disappearance, as is Robert Murat.   None of the three have yet been ruled out.  Madeleine was 3, going on 4 and the twins were two years old when Maddy disappeared.  Not only were the children left defenseless against possible predators, but what about fire?  What if they got sick?  This wasn't a one time occurance during the vacation.  It turns out the children weren't as close by as first reported, and some of the checking on children wasn't as frequent either.  The children were in childcare all day long, each day, with the exception of noon to 2:30.  They could be cared for until 11:00 p.m., free of charge.  Or, the parents could hire a sitter to stay in the room.  They chose neither.  Why?  I remember the Samantha Heyward case, where her children died in her car from heat because she feared being fired from her job, and was facing eviction from her home.  Desperate.  She is being tried in a court of law.  What about the McCann's?  Yes, I hear and understand the important thing is to first find the child.  Yes.  Find Madeleine.  Search for her.  Quit trotting to the pope and the white house, Gerry and Kate. Find Madeleine.  not be.  Look carefully at the source of the articles.  I was posting regularly on this case for a while, with the link.  I didn't necessarily post everything I believed, but just posted it, to make it available and let folks make up their own minds.  I found that people seemed to believe the articles were the truth, when in fact, a lot of it could be unsubstantiated rumors.  I don't want to be a party to that.  I would like the truth.  I would like to find where Madeleine is.  I fully believe it is important to keep the missing person the top priority and keep the word out there.  It's hard for the family and friends of the missing to keep up the momentum and the cost of searches, day after day after day.    If I find a good article with what I can try to ascertain is a credible source, I will be happy to post and update the seach for Madeleine.  If you want to read through a lot of British papers and tabloids, you will need to sort the wheat from chafe. There are some forums that are hate forums.  There are some, such as the one I've seen Rob posting on that at least seem to have an interest in finding Madeleine.  There seem to be different camps.  Pro McCann and Anti-McCann.  I'm neither.  I don't like that the McCann's  left the children, and I find some of their behavior questionable, but don't know if they had a hand in her disappearance.  We just don't have much information, because of the way the laws work in Portugal.    There are just things in this case not adding up.  Where is Madeleine?  Look at the pictures of her. She's a little baby doll.  What's happened?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1919 on: November 02, 2007, 04:38:34 PM »

Something akin to the Natalee Holloway case ...

1.  Paulus and Joran van der Sloot ... former and primary suspects respectively ... have advocates in high places within the Aruban/Dutch administrations.

2.  Kate and Gerry McCann ... forum suspects in the disappearance of their daughter ... appear to have an advocate who holds the highest ... most influencial position in Britain.

On October 19, 2007 ... in regards to the Madeleine McCann case ... British Prime Minister Gordon Brown spoke to his "Portuguese counterpart" Jose Socrates.  Today it is revealed by the Portuguese public prosecutor that the planned requestionings which were to take place in Britian ... are not going to happen. 

Janet

+++++++++++++++++

OFFICIAL SOURCES

Madeleine: Brown Meets Portuguese PM
Updated: 07:03, Friday October 19, 2007

Gordon Brown has been discussing the Madeleine McCann case with his Portuguese counterpart Jose Socrates

Mr Brown, who was in Lisbon for an EU summit, said he wanted to make sure there was "proper co-operation between the British and Portuguese police."

The Prime Minister has had regular briefings on the case since Madeleine's disappearance, and has also discussed the situation with Mr Socrates before.

Mr Brown has also in the past had telephone contact with Madeleine's parents.

But direct contact is believed to have ended when the couple were named as suspects last month.

Madeleine was three when she disappeared from her parents' holiday complex in Praia da Luz in Portugal on May 3.

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "We are aware the British Government has maintained an interest in Madeleine's case as a bilateral issue of importance whenever there has been ministerial contact between the two countries.

"Gerry and Kate will naturally be pleased to hear that Mr Brown is seeking such assurances

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1289026,00.html

Madeleine McCann family off the hook
From correspondents in Praia da Luz
November 02, 2007 12:00am

KATE and Gerry McCann will not face further police interviews unless detectives can produce stronger evidence against them, Portugal's public prosecutor said yesterday.

Jose Magalhaes e Meneses refused to sanction further moves against them without better evidence to back up claims they were involved in their daughter Madeleine's disappearance days before her fourth birthday.

Privately, detectives admitted that it would take "a miracle" for them to build a stronger case against the couple.

The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell welcomed the admission and demanded police lift their status as official suspects.

"This would indicate the police absolutely, and quite rightly, have no case against Kate and Gerry," he said.

Plans to ask British police to interview the McCanns and their friends, and to allow Portuguese detectives to be present at the interrogations, cannot happen without the approval of the public prosecutor.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22686096-2,00.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.