April 27, 2024, 05:35:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910994 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1920 on: November 02, 2007, 07:29:53 PM »

Muffy - It's just my theory that Madeleine was kidnapped. As much as I dislike the arrogance of her parents, I don't see that they had the opportunity to dispose of Madeleine, so I think someone else took her. Since we have no reliable information other than the fact that the child is gone, everyone posting here is offering an opinion, or a theory on what happened to that little girl.
If the McCann's friend Jane is telling the truth, then she saw Maddie being taken away, more than likely. I can't think of any reason she would have for lying, unless she herself was involved in what happened to Maddie.
 I have no faith in the Portuguese police, so I don't really give much weight to their suspicion of the McCanns, or anyone else. They are no better than the Arubans. All the misinformation and insinuations without any real action tells me that they really don't have anything concrete on the parents, but they just want the case to go away.
I don't think that poor little girl will ever be found, but I really hope that I'm wrong.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1921 on: November 03, 2007, 12:14:25 PM »

As Monkeys on the Madeleine McCann forum are aware ... articles that do not quote named official sources ... I do not take seriously.  However ... I did make an exception in the following article ... ONLY because the McCann's spokeperson appears to support ... to some extend ... the unidentified source.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++ 

Madeleine McCann DNA test 'implicates' parents
From correspondents in London

November 04, 2007 12:00am

NEW forensic tests appear to support the theory that Kate and Gerry McCann could have been involved in daughter Madeleine's disappearance.

Sources say the results from a second batch of testing, conducted at a laboratory in Birmingham, include the discovery of the girl's DNA - believed to have been obtained from Madeleine's bodily fluids and hair - in the McCanns' hire car which was rented 25 days after she went missing.

Tests on bodily fluids found in the hire car are understood to show they came from a corpse and that the body was moved.

Sources also indicate the volume of material found is too great for it to have been transferred via Madeleine's toys or clothing.

It is also believed that the tests have produced no evidence to indicate the involvement of any other person.

Madeleine disappeared from the family's Algarve holiday apartment at Praia da Luz six months ago.

She was six days away from her fourth birthday.

The McCanns were named as suspects by Portuguese police in September, soon after the first batch of forensic results were sent to Portugal.

But they strongly protest their innocence and insist their daughter was abducted as they dined with friends nearby.

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said yesterday: "Kate and Gerry are entirely innocent and have nothing to hide.

"We have always maintained whatever material or evidence the police may have can be wholly and innocently explained."

Both sets of tests were carried out by the Forensic Science Service.

There has been no official comment on the findings either in Portugal or Britain, but a source confirmed that the results had all now been passed on.

"The Portuguese know all that has been found," said a person close to the investigation.

"The material that has been tested is still in the UK and it is possible that there will be requests for further work to be carried out."

All the test results were obtained from analysis carried out on material gathered either from the McCanns' hire car, their holiday apartment or other parts of the holiday complex.

Paulo Rebelo, the new Portuguese police chief in charge of the inquiry, visited the McCanns' holiday apartment last week and is said to be re-examining all aspects of the case.

The Daily Mail, in The Herald Sun

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22699242-401,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1922 on: November 03, 2007, 03:28:37 PM »

Muffybee and all
I have not been posting about the case for a few reasons.

Let's not fool ourselves here. Something is terribly wrong here with Madeleine's case.

I find so much that completely disgusts me. And a lot of that is aimed at the McCanns themselves. I have been posting on the Mirror Board and for the most part there are some good people over there that want to see Maddy found.

I have never been against or at odds with a family that I have supported before. I genuinely see the families as extended victims. But something is very wrong with the McCanns in my humble opinion.

For instance - there is a rumor that Gerry played golf the other day. Apparently there are some pictures, but I haven't seen them...there are people that saw him there and they have written and posted about it. I guess playing golf isn't all that bad - accept his daughter is missing and he is partly to blame. How he is able to even think about anything other than his lovely daughter leaves me wanting to vomit. Seriously  -it does.

Everyone knows Kate and Gerry jog - they have a lot of 'me' time. Again, nothing wrong with that but THEIR DAUGHTER IS MISSING - AND THEY ARE PARTLY RESPONSIBLE.
How they are able to think about anything but what Madeleine may be going through just disgusts me. (provided she is alive).

Then there is Kate and her worries about her chest size...I don't even know what to think about that....gak!

Then there was the mortgage debacle. The McCanns used 8000 dollars from the MADELEINE FUND to pay their mortgage in July and August before they became suspects. They have not used the fund since - according to Clarance Mitchell.

How they could use the money donated to find Maddy has even the pro-McCann folks barfing all over the message boards.

It is horrible in my opinion. There have been a lot of post about those that gave to the fund.

For instance - an old pensioner who decided to forgo the new shoes he was saving for. He gave 20 pounds. That's about 40 dollars. That was all he had.

Then there was the little girl that sold her toys on E-Bay and then took all of the money and gave it to the Find Madeleine Fund. Apparently her mother said she came home from school after the McCanns were named formal suspects and asked if it was true - 'did the McCanns kill Maddy'.

The McCanns are effecting people all around them now. And it's not pretty. They are only concerned about themselves.

Then there are the police. The PJ and the PLE. They never searched any of the places they leaked repeatedly about. Only the reservoir when it became known about a week ago that maybe Maddy was in the water. I could go on and on about the police - but what's the use?

Some of the people here are right - it's all about the McCanns and not the VICTIM - Madeleine.

I guess some of you have seen that Heather MacCarthy has complained that she is getting the 'Kate Treatment' in the press. It a mad mad world and I'm just livin' in it.

I just don't know what to think anymore. sighhhh...

sorry of this posts offends anyone.. really I am...sometimes when you research and learn what is really happening - you don't like what you find.

-again all just my opinion anyway-

Gasp!  Gerry actually played GOLF!  He and Kate were caught JOGGING!  Oh, the SCANDAL!  I suppose next we'll be introduced to a shocking video where they'll be caught LAUGHING.  How dare they!  Everyone knows that the parents of abducted children should never be allowed any respite from their grief.  They should neither sleep, nor eat, nor smile, nore laugh.  They should dress in sack cloth and bathe no more than once per week so as not to disturb the dust rubbed into their hair.  Lord knows they shouldn't be allowed to keep their homes -- Out on the street with them!  Who cares about the needs of their remaining children?  Imagine the uproar if Gerry were "caught" bringing home a bottle of wine.  How could Gerry and Kate sip wine while their daughter is still missing?  Appearances must be kept up, you know. 

These criticisms are, of course, ridiculous.  Peoples' lives go on, even in the midst of tragedy.  They can find fleeting moments of levity even as theirs hearts are breaking.  They must sustain themselves and their dependants even in the face of continuing separation from a lost loved one.  I find the mortgage uproar especially revolting.  How many of those casting aspersions, I wonder, would be able to keep up with their own mortgage payments if they hadn't worked for six months while desperately searching for a missing child?  Look closely and you'll see that the issue isn't the mortgage, per se, but the VALUE of the McCanns' home.  People see the McCanns living in a larger, more luxurious house than themselves, and resent them for their affluence.  That affluence, though, is fragile.  It's the product of earned income, not vast inherited capital.  Interrupt their employment, and the McCanns face a relatively steep descent into poverty.  I therefore see nothing wrong with their accepting assistance from Madeline's trust to help carry their sizable financial burdens.  They're certainly no profiting from their tragedy.  The problem, then, is not with the McCanns.  Rather, it lies in the covetous hearts that resent the parents of a missing child. 

Frankly, I see a lot of hate out there directed against the McCanns, and at the root of it all is envy.  Sad though it may be, class warfare is alive and well the world over, but we probably shouldn't be surprised.  Beth Twitty endured much the same.  She received a steady stream of criticism along the lines that neither her daughter Natalee nor the Twitty family were proper objects of sympathy because they were white, attractive, and affluent.  Of course, these criticisms originated with those in Aruba who wished to derail the Holloway investigation by taking political cover in any class resentment they could incite.  Such is the case now in Portugal, and it's disgusting. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1923 on: November 03, 2007, 04:12:22 PM »

I see very few similarities in Kate McCann and Beth Twitty despite the efforts of many to super-impose one over the other.

Kate is the one who hired one of the highest priced PR firms in Europe even before detectives or even an attorney to explain the laws of the country where their child was missing.

Last known with the missing, having said no body/no case and being very occupied with their "name" and appearance even to the point of speculating what would make her appear a more sympathetic figure as far as the size of her breasts are concerned sound more like media figures.  If they are not profiting from this financially, I wonder how they can possibly pay these PR people at least two of whom are full time plus Gerry's brother has quit his job to devote full time to "fund raising" efforts.
But be that as it may, I don't see anything that I attribute to "class envy" in the criticism of these parents because I don't care who you are, leaving three toddlers alone for six nights while going out drinking with friends is reprehensible behavior by any measure.

And it has also come to light that on at least one occasion, the children were left in the care of those at the resort hired for that purpose for seven straight hours.  Yet Kate did not want to leave them with these same "strangers" at night.

Things like that that just do not make sense and are highly inconsistent are why I question their behavior, not any kind of class envy.  Physicians in this country probably earn more money than they do in the UK under their socialized medicine.

I think it would be more helpful to direct comments toward the investigation rather than attacking those who post their opinions here.  That doesn't change anything and it doesn't help find this missing child.

I don't know what happened to Madeleine and neither does anybody else but I want justice for this child the same as any other missing person no matter who is responsible.

No body walks, no body gets a free ride. . . .Poster Nun

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1924 on: November 03, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »

If we're going to discuss what disgusts us and what we don't like instead of Madeleine--same thing these parents have been doing for six months--it disgusts me to no end for people to try to remake these vain and shallow egocentric people into Beth and Dave Holloway.

Both Beth and Dave were accused of causing Natalee's disappearance for insurance scam purposes but instead of hiring PR firms and playing the martyrs, they hardly broke a sweat over it.

They knew they were innocent.  More concern among their supporters than the Holloways.

I have never once seen either of the Holloways try to take the focus off the hunt for their daughter and later justice for her and shine it onto themselves. 

Perhaps some of us are just too resistant to PR spin to buy it.  But I for sure know it when I see it and I see it every time the McCanns or their paid spokespeople are on camera or are quoted in the press.  It's too much.

Just today Kate McCann released a photo for the Six Months Anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, referred to Madeleine as a "little person" and expounded on how trying this has all been on her and her husband.  I wonder how it's been for Madeleine.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1925 on: November 03, 2007, 05:03:18 PM »

Steve

In my opinion ... there is no parallel between the Beth Holloway Twitty and Madeleine's parents.  The parallel should be drawn between the last persons observed in the company Natalee Holloway and Madeleine McCann.

The ALE and some strategically placed internet posters attempted to distanced Paulus and Joran van der Sloot ... the last persons in the company of Natalee Holloway.  Focus of suspicion was directed towards the security guards ... Columbian/Venzuela sex trade ... MB students ... Natalee's mother ... in an attempt to distance their own from implication.  Outright corruption!!

The PLE distanced suspicion from the McCanns for three months ... the last persons observed in the company of their daughter ... by focusing attention on Robert Murat ... pedophile rings operating inside and outside of Porugual while giving a free pass to the McCanns and their friends.  Outright incompetence!!

However ... three months into the investigation ... the PLE did get their act together and with the requested assistance of the British focused the investigation where it should have been immediately following the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ... the parents ... the last persons observed in her company.

I am not implying that ... in process of elimination ... investigations should not pursue all avenues in their quest for truth but ... the immediate primary focus should always be the last persons in the company of the missing person.

I suspect but ... I concede that I do not know if the McCanns were involved in the disappearance of their daughter following an unfortunate incident with unintended consequences.  However ... I do not believe they are above suspicion.

Kate and Gerry McCann were the last persons in the company of their daughter prior to the alleged abduction and ... I believe that should dictate that they should be the primary focus of suspicion.  Steve ... that is the exact reason I believe that Joran, Deepak and Satish should be the primary forcus of suspicion in the Natalee Holloway case.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1926 on: November 03, 2007, 06:29:53 PM »

A PICTURE SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS

Steve - you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I respect that. I believe if you would look at my posts on the subject - you find that I have repeatedly stated that I do not know what happened to Madeleine. I do not know if she was abducted (I suspect she was - by a pedophile) or harmed by her parents.

Just because I find them terribly lacking in a lot of the skill areas that most parents achieve very quickly. Does not mean I think they have killed Madeleine - I just don't know.

I do know this much - I don't like them as people. I don't like them as parents. And I'm pretty sure I don't want either of them for my doctor. Sorry - That's my opinion.

I have never had a missing child - and thank God - knock on wood.

I do not know what the feeling would be like. I hope I never experience it. I have spoke with many people who do have family members missing. We all know the pain they deal with. That's why were all still here almost 2.5 years later.

But in my opinion - there is something not quite right about the McCanns. I have followed the case since day one. And only recently did my opinion change.

I only care that Maddy is found and the truth revealed. No matter where it leads. That's all I care about. I remember who the victim is here.

As for the rest, especially the part about classism(s) - well that might be part of the motive in England. I suspect it's not. There are many people with a lot more money than the McCanns and sincerely want to see Maddy found and those responsible punished. Even if it is her parents. You will not find one pro-McCann person saying that the McCanns should NOT be prosecuted for child neglect. I suspect they will. I could personally care less about the McCanns social status. It doesn't matter to me.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1927 on: November 03, 2007, 07:27:11 PM »

Steve,
I am neither jealous of their affluence nor biased due to class distinction, since I am on the same level as the McCanns. IMO they are still looking after themselves first-
not the twins. The McCanns will survive, but they certainly are egocentric.

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1928 on: November 03, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »

Maggie: 

I don't know the McCanns at all, and neither does anyone posting about them, here or elsewhere.  Who can say what their priorities are?  For months after Madeline's disappearance, their exclusive focus was evidently on raising awareness about her case and attempt to find her.  Even then they were criticized to some extent for the attention they were generating.  The criticism came in torrents, though, once the incompetent Portugese authorities initiated their cover-up through a deliberate and false media campaign to tar the McCanns with suspicion in Madeline's disappearance.  It cannot be overstressed that there has been presented absolutely NO evidence whatsoever connecting them to their daughter's disappearance.  On the contrary, all indications point to the McCanns being the least likely of any conceivable suspects.  Their likelihood of guilt, while technically non-zero, is exceedingly close to zero.  In the face of such outrageous Portugese slander, the McCanns have been villified for defending themselves and their reputations.  How unjust! 

I for one think they did absolutely the right thing in defending themselves.  Moreover, I would have done the exactly the same if wrongfully accused and subjected to such a monumental smear campaign.  Their actions can only HELP to find Madeline by denying corrupt Portugese law enforcement officials refuge in the attainder they wronguflly heaped upon the McCanns, and therby forcing them to pursue the case.  Let Gerry and Kate hire as many PR firms as necessary, along with a phalanx of lawyers and private investigators.  Let them also seek out as much support among British politicians as they can muster.  These are the only forces that have any prospect of getting to the bottom of what happened to Madeline. 
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1929 on: November 03, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »

I'm reading Rob's comments that the McCanns should not play golf or jog because Madeleine is missing.

When the airplane of John Kennedy Jr. went missing, it took several days to find the wreckage. They knew he was dead. During those waiting days, Caroline (John's sister) and her husband and children came out of their compound and rode bikes. She said she wanted to maintain a sense of "normalcy" for the children's sake and for the sake of the rest of the Kennedys.

On another topic, some kids are high maintenance and some are easy going. I get the feeling that the twins were low maintenance and Maddy was high maintenance. She may have been jealous of the attention paid to the twins and wanted it to be like it was before the twins were born. Usually the kids outgrow the high maintenance.

My grandson Joe was high maintenance. I had to stay with my daughter for three months to help her cope. The second grandson is very laid back and is happy about everything. I have to admit, however, that when my daughter occasionally went out to a rock concert, I babysat Joe. He had a bad cold and cough and was crying and restless and miserable all the time. The normal amount of cold meds did not work. I was at my wits end as I know what Joe needed was sleep. So I gave him a double dose of cold meds which finally put him to sleep. My daughter would have killed me if she knew. I slept on the sofa in Joe's room to monitor him.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1930 on: November 03, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »

I did not read Rob's post as saying the McCanns should not play golf and tennis but to be organizing games and posting on his blog about that in such a chatty manner does seem a bit callous under the circumstances.  If we are going to compare them to the Holloways, then let's do it uniformly and I sure don't recall them being so enthusiastic about recreation.

And I do not for one moment believe the PR firms are for Madeleine at all but rather for what the McCanns keep talking about, their good name and their reputation as physicians and their public image.  Almost all of any statements issued from the PR people and relatives are directed toward and about Kate & Gerry and if mentioned at all, Madeleine seems to have become an afterthought.

Wyeth today recalled most all their Robitussin and Dimetap for children.  The measuring cup is marked wrong, big OOPS! there.  Louise, I am glad you did not have a defective measuring cup! There have been many, many deaths related to giving children cold meds we are now finding out the hard way.  This is one theory suggested by the PLE as a possibility.  I think Madeleine deserves to have things like this checked out.  Were there empty containers in the apartment to give rise to this possibility?  We don't know but we do know physicians get lots of free samples that are only loosely accounted for.

I cannot get out of my mind a mother leaving the twins alone in a room where she thinks some vile pedophile ring has just kidnapped Madeleine to go all the way back to the restaurant to make the grand entrance and announcement that "They've taken Madeleine!!!"  Such drama!

Why was she so sure they would not return for the twins as well?  Some more of that same kind of reasoning that allowed them to leave the three toddlers alone in the first place?  They have no judgement as parents at all evidently so what other big lapses could have taken place?

But a first reaction would be to think the child had simply awakened, found herself alone and was frightened and came looking for her parents.  Unless, of course, one has reason to think Madeleine unlikely to have awakened on her own like that.

I don't know what happened to Madeleine but I do know she deserves justice no matter who was or is involved.  Statistically, by far and away, the last seen with a missing person is involved and for that reason alone the parents should be investigated and I would expect to be in this situation.

They have opportunity, means and motive and certainly a motive to cover up any accident--keeping custody of their twins and not having them removed as a result of some fatal accident or whatever.  All possibilities should be investigated and I can't imagine why some seem to think the McCanns, contrary to everything we have read and been told about missing person's investigations, should some how be given a free pass or that law enforcement is evil and smearing them by investigating them the same as any other "last seen with" would be investigated.

So far, I don't think they even took a polygraph, either.  That usually gives rise to speculation by itself.

It's not about Kate & Gerry.  It's about Madeleine.  But you'd never know that from the coverage.

MO

PERSONA NON GRATA

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1931 on: November 03, 2007, 10:33:26 PM »

Anna,

I never compared the McCanns to the Holloways. I compared them to the Kennedys in terms of keeping up a front of normalcy in the wake of JFK Jrs. plane crash.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1932 on: November 04, 2007, 12:33:04 AM »

Steve

I do not believe that those who donated in good faith to the Madeleine McCann fund realized that "financial assistance" implied paying monthly mortgage payments on the McCann's million dollar home.  I do not believe that donors who sacrificially donated to the fund realized that "financial assistance" implied upholding the lavish lifestyle of two practicing physicians.

Common decency dictates that prior to withdrawing donated monies from the fund in the name of "financial assistance" ... the McCann's would have first downsized their affluent lifestyle.

I firmly believe ... to avoid any misunderstandings ... it is imperative that potential donors of any private fund fully comprehend the established terms encompassing disbursement of monies and ... will then be in a position to make a wise decision rather than blindly giving from a trusting heart.

IMO

Janet 

++++++++++++++++

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/10/30/mccann.mortgage/index.html

Madeleine fund paid for mortgage

October 30, 2007

CNN) -- The parents of Madeleine McCann used money donated to hunt for their missing daughter to make two mortgage payments, it was reported Tuesday.

The British Press Association said a spokesman for Gerry and Kate McCann, whose daughter has been missing since May, confirmed the couple used the money to make housing payments.

"The fund has always had the ability to assist the family financially if necessary, and they've only used it to pay for two mortgage payments, earlier this year," Clarence Mitchell said.

_____

SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1933 on: November 04, 2007, 01:25:29 AM »

I did not read Rob's post as saying the McCanns should not play golf and tennis but to be organizing games and posting on his blog about that in such a chatty manner does seem a bit callous under the circumstances.  If we are going to compare them to the Holloways, then let's do it uniformly and I sure don't recall them being so enthusiastic about recreation.

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  Anna, first you deny criticizing them for playing golf, then you criticize them for playing golf!  You can't have it both ways. 

And I do not for one moment believe the PR firms are for Madeleine at all but rather for what the McCanns keep talking about, their good name and their reputation as physicians and their public image.  Almost all of any statements issued from the PR people and relatives are directed toward and about Kate & Gerry and if mentioned at all, Madeleine seems to have become an afterthought.

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  It's important for the McCanns to successfully debunk and otherwise counter the vile defamation campaign waged against them by the incompetent, corrupt, criminal Portugese authorities.  That's the only way public attention can once again be turned toward finding their daughter, where it should have been all along. 

Wyeth today recalled most all their Robitussin and Dimetap for children.  The measuring cup is marked wrong, big OOPS! there.  Louise, I am glad you did not have a defective measuring cup! There have been many, many deaths related to giving children cold meds we are now finding out the hard way.  This is one theory suggested by the PLE as a possibility.  I think Madeleine deserves to have things like this checked out.  Were there empty containers in the apartment to give rise to this possibility?  We don't know but we do know physicians get lots of free samples that are only loosely accounted for.

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  You mean SLANDER suggested by PLE.  There has been NO evidence to suggest that the McCanns sedated any of their children.  Here's an equally valid theory of Madeline's disappearance:  Members of the Portugese police themselves kidnapped the girl, raped and murdered her, and are now attempting to cover up their heinous crime by implicating the parents. 

I cannot get out of my mind a mother leaving the twins alone in a room where she thinks some vile pedophile ring has just kidnapped Madeleine to go all the way back to the restaurant to make the grand entrance and announcement that "They've taken Madeleine!!!"  Such drama!

Why was she so sure they would not return for the twins as well?  Some more of that same kind of reasoning that allowed them to leave the three toddlers alone in the first place?  They have no judgement as parents at all evidently so what other big lapses could have taken place?

But a first reaction would be to think the child had simply awakened, found herself alone and was frightened and came looking for her parents.  Unless, of course, one has reason to think Madeleine unlikely to have awakened on her own like that.

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  As far as I know, no one has conclusively established that the girl didn't simply wander off on her own to meet tragedy.  The reason this possibilty hasn't been eliminated is because THE POLICE DIDN'T INVESTIGATE. 

I don't know what happened to Madeleine but I do know she deserves justice no matter who was or is involved.  Statistically, by far and away, the last seen with a missing person is involved and for that reason alone the parents should be investigated and I would expect to be in this situation.

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  No one should be automatically above suspicion, but it's extremely unlikely that the parents were involved, given the totality of the circumstances.  Moreover, the parents were NOT the presumptive last people seen with the girl.  That dubious honor belongs to Dr. Oldfield. 

They have opportunity, means and motive and certainly a motive to cover up any accident--keeping custody of their twins and not having them removed as a result of some fatal accident or whatever.  All possibilities should be investigated and I can't imagine why some seem to think the McCanns, contrary to everything we have read and been told about missing person's investigations, should some how be given a free pass or that law enforcement is evil and smearing them by investigating them the same as any other "last seen with" would be investigated.

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  The McCanns had neither reasonable motive, nor means, nor opportunity, nor intent to do their child harm and conceal the deed. 

So far, I don't think they even took a polygraph, either.  That usually gives rise to speculation by itself.

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  Polygraph examinations are completely worthless.  They have no probative value, whatsoever, and I would personally refuse to submit to one as an innocent party.  Were I guilty and under suspicion, however, I would consider submitting to one in the hopes of casting suspicion away from myself. 

It's not about Kate & Gerry.  It's about Madeleine.  But you'd never know that from the coverage.

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  No, you wouldn't -- THANKS TO THE PORTUGESE AUTHORITIES.  They're the only obvious villains so far in this case, and by right should be the first to face prosecution. 

MO
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1934 on: November 04, 2007, 01:37:55 AM »

Tamikosmom: 

I find no ambiguity in the term "financial assistance."  The covering of various living expenses would seem to obviously qualify under its ordinary meaning.  Furthermore, I don't consider it "lavish" of the McCanns to want to not lose their home.  To be clear, I would consider it to be lavish for them to use the money to buy a larger home, or a vacation property.  It would be lavish for them to use the money to pay off their entire mortgage debt.  It would be lavish of them to use the money to take a gambling vacation to Las Vegas.  I consider it in no way lavish, though, for them to keep creditors at bay and to preserve their family home. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1935 on: November 04, 2007, 01:57:36 AM »

In any case where there is a missing child,and the parents are unable to work, I see no problem with funds being used for living expenses for the family. I see it as helping to find the child, because if the family has to return to full time work right away, the child's name will disappear from the media almost immediately. The attention of the public turns elsewhere unless the family keeps it on the missing child. That takes time and energy. The search becomes a full time job for the parents, and it is their first priority. Few people are wealthy enough to search full time for long without a cash flow.
Why begrude a family who has suffered such a tragic event the small peace of not having to worry about losing a home, and buying groceries while they are desparately trying to find a missing child?
If I were in that position, I know I would definitely need financial assistance. I wouldn't be able to work if one of my children went missing, and my savings would be gone with all the expense of searching.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1936 on: November 04, 2007, 01:24:47 AM »

Anna,

I never compared the McCanns to the Holloways. I compared them to the Kennedys in terms of keeping up a front of normalcy in the wake of JFK Jrs. plane crash.

Others do it daily, Louise, didn't mean you.  I don't compare them to the Kennedys either, however.  Very different circumstances with toddlers and having left them unattended.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1937 on: November 04, 2007, 01:40:33 AM »

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  Anna, first you deny criticizing them for playing golf, then you criticize them for playing golf!  You can't have it both ways. 

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  It's important for the McCanns to successfully debunk and otherwise counter the vile defamation campaign waged against them by the incompetent, corrupt, criminal Portugese authorities.  That's the only way public attention can once again be turned toward finding their daughter, where it should have been all along. 

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  You mean SLANDER suggested by PLE.  There has been NO evidence to suggest that the McCanns sedated any of their children.  Here's an equally valid theory of Madeline's disappearance:  Members of the Portugese police themselves kidnapped the girl, raped and murdered her, and are now attempting to cover up their heinous crime by implicating the parents. 

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  As far as I know, no one has conclusively established that the girl didn't simply wander off on her own to meet tragedy.  The reason this possibilty hasn't been eliminated is because THE POLICE DIDN'T INVESTIGATE. 

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  No one should be automatically above suspicion, but it's extremely unlikely that the parents were involved, given the totality of the circumstances.  Moreover, the parents were NOT the presumptive last people seen with the girl.  That dubious honor belongs to Dr. Oldfield. 

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  The McCanns had neither reasonable motive, nor means, nor opportunity, nor intent to do their child harm and conceal the deed. 

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  Polygraph examinations are completely worthless.  They have no probative value, whatsoever, and I would personally refuse to submit to one as an innocent party.  Were I guilty and under suspicion, however, I would consider submitting to one in the hopes of casting suspicion away from myself. 

>>>>>>SteveDinMD:  No, you wouldn't -- THANKS TO THE PORTUGESE AUTHORITIES.  They're the only obvious villains so far in this case, and by right should be the first to face prosecution. 

MO

Steve,

I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are yours.  First of all, your very first response is off!  I said I did not read ROB's post as being critical of McCann's. You start off totally twisting what I say.

The rest is just more of the same, your opinion and you are entitled to it but it's just that and I don't happen to share it. 

The McCanns deserve the same scrutiny of any person last seen with somebody who is missing.  I don't count somebody claiming to have been near but not even claiming to have either seen or heard Madeleine as having been last with her.  And yes, they have the opportunity, means and motive whether or not you care to recognize the facts.

I will say that their massive PR firms and personnel are certainly doing their job for now we have people contending that those last seen with this child are above investigation just like the van der Sloots.  How easily they accomplished that!  What would ordinarily apply doesn't because they know Gordon Brown by his first name.  Almost as good as being a judge in training.

But at the least they are guilty of selecting a vacation destination that you said was frought with pedophiles and near an even worse region then leaving their toddlers alone night after night.  And Kate has even chanted the no body/no case refrain. 

Until more facts are known, I am not ready to give anybody a free pass.  Justice is supposed to be blind and yet she holds a sword.

You have every right to think anything you please.  But so do I.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1938 on: November 04, 2007, 01:50:35 AM »

Well, they have Gerry's brother full time fund raising now so hopefully they will not have to take any more pensioners' checks to pay their personal bills.  Not if he is doing a good job, anyway.

Janet, I agree that it should be spelled out clearly if money is going to "find Madeleine" or to support Kate and Gerry and pay for their home and other personal expenses while Gerry golfs and plays tennis.

Hopefully he is again working and with the major money they got from Branson and other very wealthy donors who contributed to their personal fund, they will not have to use the money people gave to try to help Madeleine for themselves instead of trying to find her.

They seem to care more about the impression they leave in the public more than anything else so the criticism they received for paying $8000 on their mort gate from Madeleine's funds will prevent their totally raiding it for their personal gain.  Hopefully.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1939 on: November 04, 2007, 08:00:59 AM »

First of all - WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS HERE - AS LONG AS WE KEEP IT CIVIL. I think that's part of the stated mission, unless it changed an I am not aware.

An opinion is exactly what I gave. And I even said 'it is my opinion'.

Let's talk for a second about the fund. It's a company and not a charitable fund. That WAS stated on day one. Who had the foresight to see and know that? I have no idea. Took a lot of ingenuity to come up with that in my opinion. Especially so quickly. It was never a secret. If those that donated had taken the time to look and read the by-laws, they would have seen that and probably not given to the fund. However, in the haste to see Madeleine found - they just all gave. They saw people in pain and wanted to help. Buyer beware. There were many more posts about 'who' gave and 'who' donated what. Most of the posts were about common ordinary folks that just gave a few pounds when they could. Most of those folks could not afford to have the money depleted from their own personal accounts.

Now who benefits from the fund?

Right now at least two people are being paid by the fund. Clarance Mitchell and Gerry's Brother (I think his name might be John). Neither has an income and I doubt they are doing this for free. As Anna pointed out - both left their normal jobs to 'help'. I would hope there are some people still left in the world who would volunteer, but as we all know, most do not have the financial resources to be off from their normal 9-5er to take on this endeavor. They need to be paid, even if it is a nominal amount. I believe Justine submitted a bill for 57,ooo dollars or pounds for her work. She has to be paid. And so does anyone else 'working for the FUND'. It's possible that Gerry's brother receives 10% for his work. I don't know.

I have a problem with a cottage industry springing up that is for the benefit of monetary gain. And I'm NOT talking about any website here. So don't go and twist my words - please.

In my opinion - the fund should have been used for people like Art Wood to travel and to investigate. Or to pay for the lodging of investigators. Not mortgage payments. It gives the appearance of impropriety even if there is none and the fund clearly states that. (I also realize that under Portuguese law - the McCanns were not permitted to have their own investigators).

For instance - I made a post on the Mirror Board where I stated that if the Fund had by-laws written into it that were illegal and just because they were WRITTEN in - does that make it moral?

If the fund says that the proceeds could be used for internet gambling or 3 days per week at the dog track - does that make it morally acceptable just because it says so? I think not. Upkeep of the family - that could really mean anything. It's vague. And I don't like it. I guess Gerry was 'comped' his round of golf as a medical necessity. Oh to be 'comped' a round of golf because your daughter is missing and you need a break from the stress. I 'comp' soldiers I see in airports or hotels when I travel. I buy the drinks and sometimes dinner. I bet they have a good bit of stress too. Socialized medicine is great isn't it? Gerry needs to get his head right before he returned to work. Wonder if Kate got a day at the spa? After-all - she actually watches the twins one or two days per week.

God forbid I or a family member would be in the same position - we would sell everything to get my niece back or to get an investigation moving. That's the way my family is and I suspect the majority of others in the same situation would be doing the same and NOT relying on a FUND to help find a missing person.
Even if we all had to live in a 2 bedroom apartment. That's the way I see it. We would work two or three jobs to make sure the funds were there. A PR machine does the heavy lifting in the McCann's case.

As for comparing families - I see no correlation to any family I have ever spoken to with the McCanns. There is none in my opinion. Every single family I have spoken to - reaches out personally and cherishes all the help they can get - no matter from where. The McCanns reach out via a blogspot. Quite the buffer zone there in my opinion.

The McCanns are not celebrities. In fact none of the people that are missing a loved one are. None wants to be known for what happened to their family member. They just want the family member found and use the media to keep their name out there. It's pretty simple unless someone uses the media for an alternative purpose - as Anna has pointed out.

I would say this - whenever an important decision was to be made - the McCanns have usually made the wrong one.

If Maddy is to ever be found - it will take a miracle. Really it will. I don't think anyone has any idea where she is. And I still don't see how the McCanns could have disposed of a body with all the world watching them. The hire car scenario still makes no sense to me...

With all of the police corruption - lack of parental cooperation - and the such - this case might never ever be solved.

The 'window' is about 48 hours in a case like this and that was blown to pieces.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.