April 27, 2024, 02:10:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910876 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2007, 10:20:28 PM »

New doubts over Madeleine DNA

snipped
Some reports have already spoken of blood found not only in the flat, but in a car that they rented more than two weeks after Madeleine went missing. Others, elaborating on the theme, have suggested the police suspect Kate of having some connection with the death of her daughter and of then possible transporting her body. 'All completely false,' a senior source close to the investigation told The ******* yesterday, saying that no blood at all had been found in the car and that a DNA sample taken from its interior, though still a likely match for Madeleine, could have come from just about any item with which the McCanns' daughter had come into contact in the days before she vanished.

http://*******.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,2165469,00.html
*I don't know whom a "senior source" close to the investigation would be

Lots of questions, not enough answers.  Where is Madeleine?  Sad

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2007, 10:30:21 PM »

Posted by Maggie on the front page of SM:

Just watched the Maddie MCann story on the Lineup with Kimberly.. and Dr. Baden said what he has found dealing with cases with the Caribbean.. they want these cases to get lost and go away. There concern is tourism and they don’t want it known a local murdered a tourist. Another woman on the same segment said .. remember Aruba, they want this to go away with Maddie, it hurts tourism. They focus on tourism and drag it out till there’s not a shred of anything for anyone to investigate left. They try to blame the victim and the family
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2007, 10:35:31 PM »

Posted by Maggie on the front page of SM:

Just watched the Maddie MCann story on the Lineup with Kimberly.. and Dr. Baden said what he has found dealing with cases with the Caribbean.. they want these cases to get lost and go away. There concern is tourism and they don’t want it known a local murdered a tourist. Another woman on the same segment said .. remember Aruba, they want this to go away with Maddie, it hurts tourism. They focus on tourism and drag it out till there’s not a shred of anything for anyone to investigate left. They try to blame the victim and the family

This doesn't surprise me in the least, unfortunately.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2007, 10:50:53 PM »

Muffeebee- I'm sitting there watching it and I'm thinking to myself 'well, this is not new or shocking'.

it's like I expect that to be the bi-line. I think I would have been shocked if that wasn't said.

I guess most of the people watching got a bit of an education, and it never hurts when someone calls Aruba corrupt and incompetent. So more damage for Aruba. More comparisons to tourists off themselves and more people will think twice about traveling to Aruba. More references to the local government blaming everybody and everyone to protect tourism.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
FoolsGold
Scared Monkey

« Reply #384 on: September 09, 2007, 05:43:14 AM »

New doubts over Madeleine DNA
 a DNA sample taken from its interior, though still a likely match for Madeleine, could have come from just about any item with which the McCanns' daughter had come into contact in the days before she vanished.
This includes the little stuffed bunny that the mother has been known to have been carrying around with her.
It seems the ultra-sensitive forensic tests have given the Portugese Police an excuse to do what they really wanted to do all along: Protect The Portugese Tourism Industry. The misallocation of resources and waste of time aids the perpetrator and enrages the parents, but it protects the Tourism Industry.
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: September 09, 2007, 07:48:02 AM »

Parents of Missing British Girl Madeleine McCann Leave Portugal
Sunday , September 09, 2007

FARO, Portugal —

A British couple named as suspects in the disappearance of their 4-year-old daughter returned to England Sunday, days after being grilled by Portuguese police about new forensic evidence authorities believe ties them to the case.

An easyJet flight carrying Kate and Gerry McCann landed at East Midlands Airport, near their central England home, at 12:15 p.m. (7:15 a.m. EDT). The couple flew from Faro in southern Portugal with their 2-year-old twins.

On Friday, Portuguese police named the McCanns as suspects in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine but did not confiscate their passports or restrict their movements.

A family spokeswoman, Justine McGuinness, read out a brief statement Sunday, saying the McCanns were "returning to Britain after careful thought" and in order to give their twins a more normal life.

"They played no part in the disappearance of their beloved daughter," she said.

The case took a turn in recent days after police said new forensic tests done on evidence gathered months after the girl vanished found traces of blood in the couple's car. The traces of blood, apparently missed in earlier forensic tests, were uncovered by sniffer dogs brought from Britain.

The McCanns had vowed never to leave Portugal until their daughter was found. But that stance seems to have changed even before police named them as suspects, with several spokespeople saying they were contemplating a return in the coming days.

Gerry McCann said in a newspaper interview he was concerned their treatment indicates Portuguese police are under intense pressure to solve the case.

"We thought we were in our worst nightmare but now it just keeps getting worse and worse," he was quoted as saying in an interview with the Sunday newspaper The News of the World.

"We're desperate to get back for the kids' sake and emotional reasons," he was quoted as saying. "It's not that we're running away."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296186,00.html

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: September 09, 2007, 08:07:02 AM »

'We Will Continue Search For Madeleine'
Updated: 12:59, Sunday September 09, 2007

Gerry and Kate McCann have vowed to continue the search for their daughter despite returning home to the UK.

Mr McCann also appealed for privacy for his family as they try to restore their life in Rothley, Leicestershire.

He made a statement to the media shortly after flying into East Midlands Airport from Portugal.

He said: "Today Kate, Sean, Amelie and I have returned home, as we planned a while ago.

"We are returning to Britain after careful thought.

"We want the twins, as much as is reasonably possible, to live an
ordinary life in their home country; and want to consider the events of the last few days, which have been so deeply disturbing.

"While we are returning to the UK, it does not mean we are giving up our search for Madeleine.

"As parents, we cannot give up on our daughter until we know what has happened. We have to keep doing everything we can to find her.

"Kate and I wish to thank once again all those who have supported us over the past days, weeks and months.

"But we would like to ask for our privacy to be respected now that we have returned home.

"Our return is with the full agreement of the Portuguese authorities and police.

"Portuguese law prohibits us from commenting further on the police investigation.

"Despite there being so much we wish to say we are unable to do so, except to say this: we played no part in the disappearance of our lovely daughter, Madeleine."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1283342,00.html?f=rss

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: September 09, 2007, 10:59:29 AM »

According to Gerry McCann ... attorneys concede that there is enough evidence that link them to the disappearance of their daughter for the case to go forward.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++++++

September 8, 2005
Now we're fighting for our lives
By Sara Nuwar

The McCanns now fear the cops may be about to arrest and charge them. Gerry told us: "Our lawyer said the weight of it is that, under the Portuguese legal system, they've got enough to move forward against us."

<snipped>

"We'd have to be patient but ultimately we'll have the opportunity to have all of the evidence examined and discover the whole picture about what happened.

"And that's what's sustaining me. At least now we've got a clearer view of what we're up against whereas what we had before was smear and innuendo.

"We know what we have to fight now. The problem is we DO have a fight, but before I wasn't quite sure.

"You get paranoid when there's a political shift. Because of the amount of pressure there's been on the Policia Judiciaria, and all the criticism, you always wonder how far they'll go.

"Now I've seen what they've got I'm actually clearer in my mind why they've shifted and treated us so differently.

"I'm still concerned with their perception of the evidence, but that's for us to sort out with legal support."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/0909_maddie.shtml

Madeleine's father talks after being named suspect
Malaysia Sun
Saturday 8th September, 2007

Gerry McCann has told London's News of the World that he and wife Kate's lawyers had told them police had enough evidence to move forward against them.

He said: “We thought we were in our worst nightmare but now it just keeps getting worse and worse.

http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/b8de8e630faf3631/id/280530/cs/1/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #388 on: September 09, 2007, 11:25:37 AM »

This appears to be the list of those missing in Portugal.

http://www.policiajudiciaria.pt/htm/pessoas.htm

+++

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #389 on: September 09, 2007, 11:40:28 AM »

All I can think when I read this is ... wow! It's not just Aruba... but it sounds the same to me...

they are worried about the funds raised for Madeline's return
they want them off the island
they are worried about their tourism....

and from what i have seen traveling... there are those that don't only dislike the US tourists, they don't like the British tourists either... same with us... just give us your money and leave

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Chiffles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #390 on: September 09, 2007, 11:50:38 AM »

Wow. I can't believe it. How can they accuse the parents after all they're been through? It's cruel... Makes me wonder what this world is coming too.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: September 09, 2007, 11:53:05 AM »

Wow. I can't believe it. How can they accuse the parents after all they're been through? It's cruel... Makes me wonder what this world is coming too.

seems to be the tourist areas MO....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #392 on: September 09, 2007, 12:08:22 PM »

All I can think when I read this is ... wow! It's not just Aruba... but it sounds the same to me...

they are worried about the funds raised for Madeline's return
they want them off the island
they are worried about their tourism....

and from what i have seen traveling... there are those that don't only dislike the US tourists, they don't like the British tourists either... same with us... just give us your money and leave

Mrs Red- the British do not like the McCanns much either. They are about out of allies. I would say on the Mirror Board there are a total of  about 10 people out of the 1000's that are actually on the side of the McCanns or at a minimum are waiting to see what the PJ has on them. The Portuguese media has turned a lot of people against the McCanns. Same mentality we saw coming out of Aruba with the propoganda machine. In the beginning same were very supportive and now they all want to see the McCanns hanging from the gallows. Well, not all, just most.

I remember a time, way way long ago, where people actually believed in a thing called evidence and allowed the Justice System to work. Not anymore.

Someone screamed 'Killers' at the McCanns when they arrived back in England.
But it is a very similar situation to Aruba. Get them the heck out of there, or charge them and get this thing over with so life goes on.

On the Mirror Board there are people sticking up for the PLE and saying the McCanns choose Praia Da Luz to commit this crime and now they are being hurt. Sheeezz!

+++

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: September 09, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »

Hi Chiffles.  Welcome.  I think Kate McCann was interviewed briefly the day after Madeleine was reported missing.  imo the police should have done a professional interview of the parents at the beginning, not only to rule them out, but to also gain good information for times and details that could help in the future.  Kate and Gerry are being asked a lot of questions many days after their daughter is gone, and there will be discrepancies or problems with remembering details, just for the time that has elapsed.  From what I understand, those closest to the victim are  usually automatically interviewed.  If I found my child missing, I would expect to be interviewed, as well as any one else that was last seen with that child or living in the household.  Shouldn't the LE have done good, thorough interviews at the start?
And some of what I call little white lies are coming back to haunt the McCann's.  There are questions now how often someone really checked on the children, which was at first reported to be every 30 min.  Then it turns out, it may have been more time between checks.  And that some of the checks were by others-and the others may have only stood outside the door and listened.    All of this can make things look suspicious.  I am afraid the investigation is so flawed, we may never know the truth. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: September 09, 2007, 12:29:58 PM »

The McCann's are back in Britain now.

Father of Madeleine McCann makes emotional denial on return to UK

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2417680.ece

Chiffles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #395 on: September 09, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »

I'm glad they're back in britain. But the portugese system is so ungodly flawed that they feel the need to question the parents when they know full well the McCanns had nothing to do with Maddy's disappeareance.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: September 09, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »

I'm glad they're back in britain. But the portugese system is so ungodly flawed that they feel the need to question the parents when they know full well the McCanns had nothing to do with Maddy's disappeareance.

Chiffles ~  I believe the investigation has it's flaws, but I'm not certain that the McCann's didn't need to be questioned.  I believe they needed to be questioned, as would anyone close to a victim.  (especially if they lived with the victim and were the last to be seen with them) This should have been done at the beginning of the investigation.    I have read Portugese police were acting on British detective and British forensic knowledge, skills and test results.  I don't have enough information to say whether the McCann's did or didn't have anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance. It saddens me to see people have been jeering the McCann's, because I do believe people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  The question is:  Where is Madeleine?  Sad

Chiffles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #397 on: September 09, 2007, 02:25:41 PM »

Chiffles ~ I believe the investigation has it's flaws, but I'm not certain that the McCann's didn't need to be questioned. I believe they needed to be questioned, as would anyone close to a victim. (especially if they lived with the victim and were the last to be seen with them) This should have been done at the beginning of the investigation. have read Portugese police were acting on British detective and British forensic knowledge, skills and test results. I don't have enough information to say whether the McCann's did or didn't have anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance. It saddens me to see people have been jeering the McCann's, because I do believe people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  The question is:  Where is Madeleine?  Sad
I have a feeling that there's gonna be more trouble in store. I hope Maddy is safe and well cared for wherever she is.
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #398 on: September 09, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »

No discussions need, they are GUILTY!
Because you don't left a country when you don't have something to do with a case!
The McCann parents look like Guido Wever and Koen Gottenbos also left Aruba after a disappeared.[/
size][/b]

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: September 09, 2007, 04:32:21 PM »

I think the most telling development is the fact that the British couple was allowed by the authorities to leave Portugal and return to the U.K. If the police actually believed them to be guilty, why would they permit the "culprits" to escape? The simple answer is that the police DON’T actually believe the couple to be guilty. They allowed them to leave Portugal because that is precisely what they intended. The McCanns’ presence in Portugal was a continuing embarrassment to the authorities there, and posed a serious threat to their tourism industry. Now that they’re gone, the police are free to quietly drop the case, which is what they intended, I believe, after they early on concluded that they were incapable of solving it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.