April 27, 2024, 12:27:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910845 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: September 09, 2007, 05:15:47 PM »

Exhausted and under suspicion, Madeleine's family come home

Esther Addley
Sunday September 9, 2007
Guardian Unlimited
http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/article/0,,2165720,00.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: September 09, 2007, 05:53:34 PM »

From The Times
September 10, 2007
McCanns fly home to fight their case
Steve Bird, David Brown in Praia da Luz, and Sean O’Neill
snipped
Mr and Mrs McCann yesterday consulted Michael Caplan, QC, an expert in international criminal law who prevented the extradition of General Pinochet, the former President of Chile, to Spain. They also spoke to Angus McBride, a partner in the international law firm Kingsley Napley.

A friend of the family said: “They have met with them to obtain further advice on their return to the UK. It is envisaged their role will be to provide UK legal advice and to assist and liaise with their lawyers.”

Mr and Mrs McCann, who are both doctors, face a lengthy period of uncertainty, with Portuguese law allowing police up to a year to conclude their investigation after classifying someone as a suspect.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2419477.ece

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: September 09, 2007, 06:35:36 PM »

From The Times
September 10, 2007
McCanns fly home to fight their case
Steve Bird, David Brown in Praia da Luz, and Sean O’Neill
snipped
Mr and Mrs McCann yesterday consulted Michael Caplan, QC, an expert in international criminal law who prevented the extradition of General Pinochet, the former President of Chile, to Spain. They also spoke to Angus McBride, a partner in the international law firm Kingsley Napley.

A friend of the family said: “They have met with them to obtain further advice on their return to the UK. It is envisaged their role will be to provide UK legal advice and to assist and liaise with their lawyers.”

Mr and Mrs McCann, who are both doctors, face a lengthy period of uncertainty, with Portuguese law allowing police up to a year to conclude their investigation after classifying someone as a suspect.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2419477.ece

Hi Monks..thanks to all of you who post the updates on this case....I have had mixed feelings about it...but I keep going back to how this is so similar to Elizabeth Smart....and I do hope and pray the outcome is the same...that Maddie will be found and returned to her parents. I think the police were bluffing with Kate and it backfired....I just can't believe this young couple is responsible for harming their daughter....or hiding her body for nearly a month and then hiring a rental and transferring her body someplace else...this is just too bizarre.  I think the wisest move was for them to get the hell out of town and back to England.....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: September 09, 2007, 06:36:16 PM »

No discussions need, they are GUILTY!
Because you don't left a country when you don't have something to do with a case!
The McCann parents look like Guido Wever and Koen Gottenbos also left Aruba after a disappeared.[/
size][/b]

I don't agree... they do have two other children that must be cared for and their lives must be watched over... in fact, I might want the hell out for the reason alone that something might happen to my other two kids...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #404 on: September 09, 2007, 06:37:53 PM »

I think the most telling development is the fact that the British couple was allowed by the authorities to leave Portugal and return to the U.K. If the police actually believed them to be guilty, why would they permit the "culprits" to escape? The simple answer is that the police DON’T actually believe the couple to be guilty. They allowed them to leave Portugal because that is precisely what they intended. The McCanns’ presence in Portugal was a continuing embarrassment to the authorities there, and posed a serious threat to their tourism industry. Now that they’re gone, the police are free to quietly drop the case, which is what they intended, I believe, after they early on concluded that they were incapable of solving it.

This IMO is probably the closest thing we have to the truth....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #405 on: September 09, 2007, 07:01:30 PM »

De Portugese media berichtten zaterdag dat ze mogelijk na het weekeinde zouden worden voorgeleid aan de onderzoeksrechter. Deze had kunnen bepalen of ze in hechtenis hadden moeten worden genomen. Of hij had hun reisbeperkingen kunnen opleggen.

De Portugese media, reported Saturday, that possibly would be taken before to the research judge after weekend. These could have ascertained whether them in detention would have had be taken. Or he could have imposed their travel restrictions.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: September 09, 2007, 07:39:06 PM »

I think the most telling development is the fact that the British couple was allowed by the authorities to leave Portugal and return to the U.K. If the police actually believed them to be guilty, why would they permit the "culprits" to escape? The simple answer is that the police DON’T actually believe the couple to be guilty. They allowed them to leave Portugal because that is precisely what they intended. The McCanns’ presence in Portugal was a continuing embarrassment to the authorities there, and posed a serious threat to their tourism industry. Now that they’re gone, the police are free to quietly drop the case, which is what they intended, I believe, after they early on concluded that they were incapable of solving it.

I agree.  Dr. Baden said on The Line Up last night that places like Portugal and Aruba don't want a local involved in a murder like this because it is bad for tourism.  Their number one priority is tourism and not solving the case.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: September 09, 2007, 07:45:08 PM »

I agree.  Dr. Baden said on The Line Up last night that places like Portugal and Aruba don't want a local involved in a murder like this because it is bad for tourism.  Their number one priority is tourism and not solving the case.

This isn't looking very good for the recovery of little Madeleine, whether she is alive or not.  It's sounding  like we may never know what became of her. 

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: September 09, 2007, 07:57:09 PM »

It really makes my head spin that these places are thinking that they protect tourism by covering crimes....

they end up being the poster places of where to NEVER GO....

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: September 09, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »

Because you don't left a country when you don't have something to do with a case!
The McCann parents look like Guido Wever and Koen Gottenbos also left Aruba after a disappeared.[/
size][/b]

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: September 09, 2007, 08:22:26 PM »

size][/b]

Cool Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: September 09, 2007, 08:57:10 PM »

This isn't looking very good for the recovery of little Madeleine, whether she is alive or not.  It's sounding  like we may never know what became of her. 

I believe the Portugal police already know that Madeline is not alive.  For them to offer the mother a deal they know she is dead.  I believe if in fact that there was a possibility she was alive they would have never took this route and try to blame the parents. JMO.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: September 09, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »

I believe the Portugal police already know that Madeline is not alive.  For them to offer the mother a deal they know she is dead.  I believe if in fact that there was a possibility she was alive they would have never took this route and try to blame the parents. JMO.

Wink Cool
YEP

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: September 10, 2007, 01:00:54 AM »

Phone intercepts ‘confirm Maddy’s death’
September 10, 2007

Intercepted telephone calls and emails between the McCanns and their friends have "confirmed the death of Madeleine" say police, according to one Portuguese newspaper today. The intercepts are said to have been made in a joint operation conducted by Portuguese and British police officers ....

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=8144

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: September 10, 2007, 01:05:45 AM »

About a month ago ... rumors began circulating in regards to wiretaps and ... forensic evidence that implicated the McCanns in the death and disappearance of their daughter. At that time the McCanns made plans to return to Britain today. I speculate this is the reason that the Portugese made the decision last week to take advantage of the forensic evidence that they had in their possession and ... declare the McCanns as suspects. Without suspect status they would have no way of forcing the McCanns to return to Portugal for further question ... to face charges.

IMO

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #415 on: September 10, 2007, 01:08:01 AM »

It really makes my head spin that these places are thinking that they protect tourism by covering crimes....

they end up being the poster places of where to NEVER GO....

Actually, this tactic is quite effective.  It's derived from the Theory of the Big Lie, as introduced by Joseph Goebbels.  Public opinion and belief are not absolutes.  Each is a continuum characterized by a central tendency and a variance.  One "shapes" public opinion by attempting to alter this central tendency and/or the variance.  How is this done?  In practice, it is done by introducing information into the public domain designed to bias opinion in various ways.  Whether the information is true or not is irrelevant.  In fact, it is often most effective to publicize information that is as widely divergent from the truth as possible -- the Big Lie -- because such untruths generally have the greatest biasing effect of all.  No matter how outrageous a lie, there is a segment of the population that will believe it, and many more who will have their perceptions "shaped" to one degree or another.  You need go no farther than this board to see that.  Already there are posters who are convinced that the McCanns are guilty on the strength of nothing more than unsubstantiated inuendo emanating from the Portugese authorities.  Now consider this.  According to one poll, 36% of the American public believes that the September 11 attacks were "an inside job" of some sort.  Many of these do not believe that the World Trade Center collapsed as the result of being struck by airliners -- and there is VIDEO TAPE of the whole incident and its aftermath!  In the absence of videographic evidence, how much more gullible do you imagine people might be?  

Like it or not, public opinion in the McCann case is being shaped right now.  Where as recently as several weeks ago, the McCanns enjoyed just about universal sympathy, many are now hostile toward them and many, many more are skeptical or indifferent.  I'd call that effective perception management, so much so that it looks like the work of professional propagandists.  Unless something dramatic happens, like the girl being found, I'm afraid public opinion over the next few months will become quite muddled, to the point where Portugal will escape most criticism and the McCanns will be forced to live under a cloud of suspicion for years to come.  Goebbels, himself, couldn't have hoped to accomplish more.  
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: September 10, 2007, 01:19:40 AM »

The above "First Post" article was originally posted on August 8, 2007.

_____

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: September 10, 2007, 01:21:11 AM »

I'm not so sure the McCanns ever had universal sympathy as many people were shocked at the idea of leaving a three year old and two 2 year olds alone in this manner.

Now they may have been doing this nightly.  They have pretty well admitted this so it is not any BIG LIE.  It's very hard for many to ever get past that carelessness with children so very young.  2 and 3 year olds are just far too young to leave alone.

If cold medication was being given to make them sleepy, could it have had a cumulative effect over the evenings since this was well into their visit?  This possibility is something else that is troubling. 

Evidence is being gathered with the help of British technicians as well as PLE and the use of British labs.  Why on earth would the British participate in the framing of one of their own subjects for no reason or to promote Portuguese tourism?  That doesn't make sense to me.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #418 on: September 10, 2007, 01:27:30 AM »

About a month ago ... rumors began circulating in regards to wiretaps and ... forensic evidence that implicated the McCanns in the death and disappearance of their daughter. At that time the McCanns made plans to return to Britain today. I speculate this is the reason that the Portugese made the decision last week to take advantage of the forensic evidence that they had in their possession and ... declare the McCanns as suspects. Without suspect status they would have no way of forcing the McCanns to return to Portugal for further question ... to face charges.

IMO

Janet

The whole theory of the crime is absurd.  First there were reports that police suspected that the girl's death was accidental, stemming from a sedative.  Now they're implying that blood found in the hotel room is Madeline's and is connected to her death.  If the blood -- if there IS any -- is Madeline's, it would be consistent with a crime of violence, NOT a sedative overdose.  There were reports of blood found in the rental car that was hired four weeks after the girl's disappearance.  How could that supposed blood be connected with her death?  After four weeks of decay, I don't imagine there would be much liquid blood.  Additionally, the body would presumably be wrapped, further limiting any possible blood spillage.  Finally, how would the McCanns have managed to avoid police surveillance to move the body???  I don't know whether or not these people are involved with their daughter's disappearance, but I do know that the case against them as outlined in media leaks is a pile of garbage.  
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: September 10, 2007, 01:27:43 AM »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1283359,00.html

Madeleine Police In New Searches - Report
Updated: 06:14, Monday September 10, 2007

Portuguese police are reportedly about to start new searches as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The McCanns back in the UKDetectives are still waiting for the results of further forensic tests which have been carried out on samples taken from the McCanns' apartment and hire car.

Madeleine's family are back home in Britain for the first times in four months, but with a cloud of suspicion hanging over them.

Gerry and Kate McCann have been declared formal suspects in the case and detectives can order them to return to Portugal at any time.

Police say their inquiries could go on for as long as a year.

The McCanns returned to their house in Rothley, Leicestershire, on Sunday with their two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

On English soil, his voice breaking, Mr McCann insisted they played no part in Madeleine's disappearance.

"Whilst it is heartbreaking to return to the UK without Madeleine, it does not mean we are giving up our search," he said.

"As parents we cannot give up on our daughter until we know what has happened."

The couple do not know if or when police will call them back to Portugal, although they will obey even if they fear they could be arrested, a family friend said.

The family confirmed that Mr and Mrs McCann are receiving further legal advice from three lawyers in the UK.

During questioning, Portuguese detectives suggested to Mrs McCann that traces of Madeleine's blood were found in the family's hire car.

Mrs McCann is understood to have told them angrily there was "no way" this could be the case because they did not lease the vehicle until 25 days after her daughter disappeared.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.