April 27, 2024, 02:48:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910885 times)
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #420 on: September 10, 2007, 01:36:48 AM »

Phone intercepts ‘confirm Maddy’s death’
September 10, 2007

Intercepted telephone calls and emails between the McCanns and their friends have "confirmed the death of Madeleine" say police, according to one Portuguese newspaper today. The intercepts are said to have been made in a joint operation conducted by Portuguese and British police officers ....

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=8144

I find the above  quite interestng in light of the fact that Portugese law demands strict secrecy as regarding criminal investigations.  The McCanns, as official suspects, are strictly prohibited from revealing details about the case.  Judging from all the stories in the media (such as the one above) citing police and official sources, it would appear that the Portugese authorities are exempt from their own secrecy laws.  It's so much the better, I suppose, when persecuting the innocent. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: September 10, 2007, 01:39:14 AM »

Wasn't one of the first things the McCanns did was to hire a "campaigner" which is what we would call a publicist or PR agent? 

So I am not sure who is leaking what to whom in all this.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #422 on: September 10, 2007, 01:44:16 AM »

Wasn't one of the first things the McCanns did was to hire a "campaigner" which is what we would call a publicist or PR agent? 

So I am not sure who is leaking what to whom in all this.

I certainly don't think the McCanns are leaking stories about themselves being involved in their daughter's death.  Either the newspapers made the stories up or they were being (illegaly) being fed their information from official sources.  Either way it's wrong. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: September 10, 2007, 01:45:11 AM »

More information needed on my part to know what is going on with this little girl but it does not look positive for her being found alive any more.

Until recently, I was sure she would be found alive.  I don't know if I think the parents are guilty or not.  More information needed.  But I'm also not ready to give them a free walk because their child is missing.  I want the guilty parties found no matter who they might be.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: September 10, 2007, 01:47:26 AM »

Like most of you I have been terribly bothered they left two twin 2 year olds and a three year old alone while on vacation. Thats alot of babies to have by new parents..Makes me wonder if either one of them has a terrible temper??

If the report is true about dogs smelling a corpse on the mothers clothing and blood was found in the rental car. Then it would be obvious that they moved her to another location. If the Mom was guilty she should have taken the deal as two years in jail is a whole lot better then whats gonna happen if this goes to trial. My gut reaction is the father accidently killed her but I pray I am wrong and she is alive somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:50:34 AM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: September 10, 2007, 01:51:41 AM »

Kate weeps in Maddy's room

EXCLUSIVE McCanns fly back home but insist: We're not running away and we WILL clear our names British experts to reveal new evidence in days as cops say pair refused to answer 40 questions

By Martin Fricker 10/09/2007

Kate McCann sobbed in despair as she sat alone in daughter Madeleine's pink-painted bedroom yesterday.

The 39-year-old mum insisted on entering the room after flying home with husband Gerry, 39, and twins Sean and Amelie, two.

Gerry's mum Eileen, 67, said: "It was traumatic for her. I imagine she said a prayer."

The McCanns left Portugal with Madeleine, four, still missing after 130 days.

A friend said: "They're not running and will clear their names." Portuguese cops say they refused to answer 40 questions. British police will reveal results of new tests in days.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/10/kate-weeps-in-maddy-s-room-89520-19761811/
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: September 10, 2007, 01:56:12 AM »

There are stories in the media stating that they are being framed as well as ones implicating them in the disappearance of their own child. 

It does remind me of the Natalee Holloway investigation in that so many different versions are being presented that one doesn't know what to believe.  By design, possibly.

But one thing I do see that is different in this investigation is the use of the British to collect the forensics and the use of British labs in processing the material collected, British cadaver dogs even.  I am not sure how the Portuguese would get these British technicians to go along with their conspiracy.

I suppose anything is possible but this seems unlikely.  It also seems unlikely that they would fabricate the results from the British who would be able to set the record straight very easily.

And I don't know what theories the PLE is putting forth yet.  I am going to wait until more information is available before either vindicating or accusing anybody because I just simply don't know enough about it to tell as yet. 

Should be more information in the next few days that will better explain where this investigation is going.  I wonder if it will be yet another with not enough to bring charges but enough to just cast suspicion.  Not closed and not solved either.  I hope there is something definitive in this one.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: September 10, 2007, 02:16:36 AM »

Phone intercepts ‘confirm Maddy’s death’
September 10, 2007

Intercepted telephone calls and emails between the McCanns and their friends have "confirmed the death of Madeleine" say police, according to one Portuguese newspaper today. The intercepts are said to have been made in a joint operation conducted by Portuguese and British police officers ....

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=8144

I find the above  quite interestng in light of the fact that Portugese law demands strict secrecy as regarding criminal investigations.  The McCanns, as official suspects, are strictly prohibited from revealing details about the case.  Judging from all the stories in the media (such as the one above) citing police and official sources, it would appear that the Portugese authorities are exempt from their own secrecy laws.  It's so much the better, I suppose, when persecuting the innocent. 

Steve ... my point in posting that article was to show that rumors regarding wiretaps and forensic evidents have been circulating for about a month and ... it was some time within this month that the McCanns made plans to leave Portugal and return to Britain.

Concerning the rumors ...

Obviously these rumors did have some foundation where the revelations from the past week are considered.

Janet

Parents of Missing British Girl Madeleine McCann Want to Leave Portugal
Saturday, September 08, 2007

Until Friday, suspicion had centered on Robert Murat, a British man who lived near the hotel from which Madeleine disappeared, and who was the only formal suspect.

But police said new forensic tests done on evidence gathered months after the girl vanished found traces of blood in the couple's car, said Justine McGuinness, a spokeswoman for the family.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296150,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: September 10, 2007, 02:19:00 AM »

Good Night All

Janet

11:20 PM

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #429 on: September 10, 2007, 02:23:23 AM »

There are stories in the media stating that they are being framed as well as ones implicating them in the disappearance of their own child. 

But one thing I do see that is different in this investigation is the use of the British to collect the forensics and the use of British labs in processing the material collected, British cadaver dogs even.  I am not sure how the Portuguese would get these British technicians to go along with their conspiracy.

I suppose anything is possible but this seems unlikely.  It also seems unlikely that they would fabricate the results from the British who would be able to set the record straight very easily.
I've read reports in which it was stated that Portugese authorities collected the samples that were then sent to British labs for evaluation.  Additionally, British investigators (it's uncertain whether they're involved with the case) have been reported to be critical of their Portugese counterparts, and have discounted the value of the forensic evidence so far alluded to in the press.  
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: September 10, 2007, 02:49:49 AM »

It was specifically stated that a British cadaver dog was used because the Portuguese do not have any.  That would require at the least a British handler as you don't change handlers on these dogs and expect them to perform properly.

So if it was a British spaniel with a British handler, at least one was present when the samples were taken. 

I have never read anywhere that the samples were taken by the PLE and just sent to the lab in Britain. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: September 10, 2007, 07:44:26 AM »

I wonder if this story is even true.  ANYONE could cite the source as the Portugese authorities.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  I cannot imagine the McCann's  being in a worldwide spotlight at any given moment since Maddie has been missing, holding onto Maddies body and then 25 days later, renting a car and putting her body in it to dispose of it, without ever being seen or noticed by anyone. 

The authorities have not come out and stated with certainty that any forensic blood taken from the car was Maddies.  I just think they might be grasping at straws. 

Maine, born and raised!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2007, 08:02:38 AM »

I think the most telling development is the fact that the British couple was allowed by the authorities to leave Portugal and return to the U.K. If the police actually believed them to be guilty, why would they permit the "culprits" to escape? The simple answer is that the police DON’T actually believe the couple to be guilty. They allowed them to leave Portugal because that is precisely what they intended. The McCanns’ presence in Portugal was a continuing embarrassment to the authorities there, and posed a serious threat to their tourism industry. Now that they’re gone, the police are free to quietly drop the case, which is what they intended, I believe, after they early on concluded that they were incapable of solving it.

I tend to agree with you SteveDinMd.

Portuguese LE wants to CLOSE the case -- not SOLVE the case. That's obvious. If they really had enough to arrest the parents would they really 'permit' them to leave? I think not.

And this is nothing like the STINKING RATS leaving Aruba within the first few days of Natalee's disappearance.

It much more resembles all the threats and innuendos that Beth received until she left the island. After all, Beth did interupt and 'foil' the plan for the '2 security guard scapegoats'

So the Portuguese LE got what it wanted -- for the McCann's to leave and stop shining the light on the incompetence of the Portuguese LE. At least now the McCanns can see the so called 'evidence' the PLE has collected.

The only thing so far that strikes me as distinctly different with ALE -- is so far, I haven't heard the Portuguese LE request corn flakes.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
mbs
Scared Monkey

« Reply #433 on: September 10, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »

Here is an interesting article discussing a similar disappearance of a child in a tourist area, where the parents were also accused after the investigation stalled.  Personally ,based on everything I've read, I've come to the conclusion that you can't believe anything you read regarding the evidence in this case.  I also think it would have been extremely difficult for the McCanns to hide Madeline's body, in a foreign country, without a car (they did not get a rental car until 25 days after Madeline disappeared), and considering the searches that were done all around the resort right after she disappeared.  Not to mention moving the body in the rental car without anyone seeing them (the police theory), with all the media scrutiny they were under at that time.  I'm still leaning towards an abduction in this case.  I suspect that the Portuguese authorities will decide they don't have enough to prosecute, will never resolve the case, and the McCanns will live out the rest of their lives with a cloud of suspicion over their heads, and no one will ever know what happened to Madeline.  Hope I'm wrong.

http://tinyurl.com/28jrrr
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #434 on: September 10, 2007, 11:02:01 AM »

De Telegraaf:
Na Maddie ook tweeling kwijt
AMSTERDAM - Na Maddie dreigen Kate en Gerrry McCann ook hun tweeling Sean en Amelie kwijt te raken. De Portugese politie heeft al gedreigd dat ze wel eens uit de ouderlijke macht gezet zouden kunnen worden.

After Maddie also lost the twin.
AMSTERDAM - After Maddie threaten get rid of Kate and Gerrry McCann twin also their Sean and Amelie. The Portuguese police force has already threatened that they could sometimes from the parental authority put

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: September 10, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/3bwcpr
Madeleine's parents face social services probe in the UK
snipped
The talks will focus on the care of Gerry and Kate McCanns' two-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, in the light of the allegations made against the couple in recent days.

http://tinyurl.com/2tb9rw
Police push for charges against Madeleine McCann's mother as case goes to prosecutor
September 10, 2007
snipped
A police file of evidence which allegedly proves that Kate McCann killed her daughter is expected to be handed to a public prosecutor in Portugal today.

Detectives believe they have now collected enough evidence for Mrs McCann to be charged with the homicide of Madeleine by failing to prevent her death. The charge is equivalent to manslaughter in British law. She would also face a charge of concealing a Madeleine’s body.

Officers were furious when a plan for Mrs McCann to be charged on Thursday last week was halted after her lawyer met with the Portugal’s Attorney General, it was claimed today.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3580163&page=1
McCanns Vow to Find Daughter Despite Suspicion
snipped
 Sept. 10, 2007

Reeling from accusations that they may have killed their missing daughter, Gerry and Kate McCann returned to their native England on Sunday as Portuguese prosecutors continued to weigh evidence against the couple in the May 3 disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2007, 11:21:02 AM »

Madeleine McCann file to be handed over
By Caroline Gammell in Praia da Luz
Last Updated: 2:48pm BST 10/09/2007

The Portuguese police case against Kate and Gerry McCann will be sent to the public prosecutor today to decide whether charges will be brought against the couple.

Papers outlining why they are thought to be responsible for their four-year-old daughter’s death will be given to Jose Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses, the district attourney in Portimao ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/10/wmaddy1010.xml

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: September 10, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »

Portuguese police hand Madeleine case to prosecutor
By Henrique Almeida
Reuters
Monday, September 10, 2007; 8:29 AM

"The papers are being prepared and will be handed over to the public prosecutor today," Portuguese police spokesman Olegario de Sousa told Reuters on Monday ....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/10/AR2007091000496.html

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: September 10, 2007, 11:47:23 AM »

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2007/0910/breaking34.htm
Last Updated: 10/09/2007  12:02
Police to file McCann prosecution paper
snipped
The McCanns have called on a legal firm in Britain that is accustomed to high-profile cases.

They are being advised by the London-based Kingsley Napley legal firm, which lists rogue trader Nick Leeson, former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet and former Liberal Party leader Jeremy Thorpe among its past clients.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »

http://www.4ni.co.uk/northern_ireland_news.asp?id=65666
10 September 2007
Prosecutors To Consider Madeleine Case
snipped
Mr and Mrs McCanns, both 39, returned to the UK on Sunday, but can be recalled to Portugal with five days' notice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.