April 27, 2024, 12:14:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910842 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: September 12, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »

Ben Affleck may halt movie over Madeleine

By Katie Franklin and agencies
Last Updated: 4:26pm BST 12/09/2007
snipped
Gone Baby Gone, Affleck's directorial debut, tells the story of a four-year-old girl who is snatched from her bed after her mother leaves her home alone.

The actress playing the role, Madeline O'Brien, not only shares her first name with Madeleine McCann, but is said to bear a strong resemblance to the missing child.

The film was scheduled for release in the UK in November.

But at the Deauville Film Festival in France, Affleck said he was prepared to take steps to put it on hold.

"We are acutely aware of the situation," he said. "We have a greater concern for that than the release of our film, which is just a commercial matter, whereas this is a matter of life and death.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/12/nmaddy612.xml

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: September 12, 2007, 03:32:46 PM »

10 key elements in McCann dossier

By Gordon Rayner and Caroline Gammell
Last Updated: 2:25am BST 12/09/2007
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/12/nmaddy212.xml

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #842 on: September 12, 2007, 04:14:14 PM »

Interesting article MB.  Wonder how much of that they really have that can not be resonably explained away?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: September 12, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »

Muffy,
Thanks for the updates.  Having to work and multi-task today so just have time to pop in and see if any new developments.

It really helps to be able to find them already posted and not have to look.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #844 on: September 12, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »

Yes Jennifer34, I think many of these can be explained away -

---------
They may include evidence from Pamela Fenn, who was in an apartment above the McCanns, and another witness who has allegedly described the way Kate McCann dealt with her children.

coupled with:

Portuguese police are reported to have spent considerable time investigating the McCanns' family background in a search for any evidence that they may have mistreated their children or have any hidden motive for wanting to harm them. Portuguese newspapers have reported something which the family have dismissed as an attempt to smear them

So we are going the child abuse route?  hidden motive?  sexual abuse?  something to do with the fact that the children were invitro? resentment?  Oh boy -

AND

Police are said to have been bugging the McCanns' phones and intercepting their emails for weeks. Reports in the Portuguese press have suggested that some of their conversations may have contradicted statements they gave to police. One newspaper suggested that the phone taps had helped satisfy police that the couple believed their daughter was dead. Gerry McCann has told friends: "The police are listening to every word we say."

What? that they were publicly declaring their daughter was still alive somewhere, holding up hope and then in the quiet of their room crying that she is probably dead?  AND isn't this a contradiction here- they are saying they gave contradictions in public vs private BUT they also say Gerry McCann knew he was being bugged. ????? Huh? so what was he doing setting himself up?

--------

The McCanns are believed to have been under discreet video surveillance.

OK, so did they see them move the body and bury her? No, Yes...How long have they been discreetly watching them?  They rented the car 25 days ago, were they watching them then?  What did they do? This should be a slam dunk if they've been listening and watching them for a while and they just got rid of the body 25 days ago, No?
---------------------
9 Videos of police 'cadaver' dogs:
Dogs trained to detect decomposing bodies are reported to have reacted to the "smell of death" in the McCanns' apartment, in their hire car and on Kate McCann's clothes. Police showed Mrs McCann videos of the dogs barking when they checked the car.

They smelled death in the apartment, now, not 25 days ago? So the dead body was never there until just now? Huh?  They accidentally killed her where then?

-----

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #845 on: September 12, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »

Expert cautious on Maddy DNA probe
By Andrew Greaves

A Preston forensic expert is urging caution over reports that DNA from missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann has been found in a car used by her parents weeks after her disappearance.

Portuguese police are investigating DNA evidence found in the car hired by her parents Kate and Gerry McCann 25 days after Madeleine vanished from an apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3.

They have been named as official suspects in the case.

University of Central Lancashire lecturer Robin Hoole previously worked for the Birmingham-based Forensic Science Service which conducted tests on blood samples found in the McCann's apartment. Mr Hoole says that even if the DNA was Madeleine's, questions need to be answered as to its origin.

He said: "Finding the profile and matching the DNA to a person is only the start. DNA provides physical, substantial evidence which means that once you have found a profile, you have to decide how it got there.

"Technology available now means you can get a profile from the smallest amount of DNA such as a speck of blood less than 1mm in size.

"The DNA could have got there directly from the person or via a secondary source. It is possible the DNA was transferred via some of Madeleine's things or by her parents.

"The police have to look at the various options and decide which is most likely."

It is believed the McCanns are considering commissioning independent forensic tests on the hire car that they used in Portugal, a service which UCLan offers.

Mr Hoole said UCLan had not been approached.

---------------------
I must correct my last post - I kept saying 25 days ago, I meant 25 days after she disappeared.  Sorry.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: September 12, 2007, 04:58:51 PM »

Though there have been several leaks from within the police to local newspaper reporters during the four-month investigation, Portuguese law forbids police issuing details of ongoing investigations.

You see, this is disturbing, too - They can't give details, but there are "leaks" to the media - I know that happens here too, but it is frustrating because it allows for a spin - the leaks are only what they want us to hear - partial knowledge -
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #847 on: September 12, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »

Cut away of Renault "boot"

http://tinyurl.com/2oprb5

If they were tapping the phones, maybe they heard the McCanns communicating with England, about the PLE incompetence, and the PLE decided to strike first???
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #848 on: September 12, 2007, 05:03:54 PM »

If they were tapping the phones, maybe they heard the McCanns communicating with England, about the PLE incompetence, and the PLE decided to strike first???

Sorry, click on third? picture down for cutaway side view.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: September 12, 2007, 05:15:04 PM »

Sorry, click on third? picture down for cutaway side view.

It says:

Underfloor storage, underseat storage, back of seat storage, in fact, storage everywhere you look. Not a cubic inch is wasted, meaning that you can keep a huge amount of 'clobber' onboard, for emergencies and common events. For example, seaside kit, emergency food and clothing for your children, car cleaning and maintenance stuff, outdoor play equipment, all neatly stashed away and out of sight. 

- Lifestyle gadgets that are actually useful, such as the extra 12V power socket in the back, three fold down tables and the fridge/coolbox in the front.

- Very flexible seating, all three of the back seats fold forward, slide around, lift out completely, meaning that you can fit surprisingly large and oddly shaped loads in.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:28:52 PM by klaasend » Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: September 12, 2007, 05:16:57 PM »

Buckeye,

Sorry I posted in your quite.  Mine starts where it says "It says:".  One of these days I will learn to use the quote boxes I do hope.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #851 on: September 12, 2007, 05:30:11 PM »

Buckeye,

Sorry I posted in your quite.  Mine starts where it says "It says:".  One of these days I will learn to use the quote boxes I do hope.

Looks fine to me.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: September 12, 2007, 05:34:11 PM »

Where is BT??  Does anyone know if the family practice doctors, in England,  go to the home, to pronounce someone??
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: September 12, 2007, 05:36:56 PM »

Buckeye,

Looks fine to me.

That's because I fixed it, lol  Wink
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #854 on: September 12, 2007, 05:38:03 PM »

Buckeye,

Looks fine to me.

That's because I fixed it, lol  Wink

Now, that was fasssst!!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: September 12, 2007, 05:47:13 PM »

Wonder if any previous vacationer ever had a heart attack and died in the apartment.

I just can't think of any reason, if one of them killed their daughter, that would make them attempt to hide her.  They are doctors and have money.  If she died, they could have made up some reasonable explanation.... a fall, benedryl for sleeplessness...lots of things.  The only thing to warrant "hiding" would be a sexual attack with DNA evidence. JMO
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: September 12, 2007, 05:54:22 PM »

British Police Involved In Madeleine Case
Updated: 22:31, Wednesday September 12, 2007

British police are reportedly preparing to seize items belonging to Kate and Gerry McCann, Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt has learned.

Brunt said the Portuguese judge considering evidence in the case of their missing daughter Madeleine had signed a warrant giving British detectives the right to take a number of items from the couple.

These included Mr McCann's laptop computer and various correspondence, he added, saying that Leicestershire Police officers were likely to attempt to seize the items tomorrow.

Portuguese prosecutors are reported to have asked the judge to sign the warrant because they believe the items could hold vital clues to the disappearance of four-year-old Madeleine.

They are already believed to have a copy of Mrs McCann's private diary after asking the judge to sign a similar order.

Sky's Andrew Wilson said he understood that Judge Pedro Miguel dos Anjos Frias had responded to the prosecutors' request to seize Mrs McCann's diary and that "at least a copy" was now in their hands.

The McCanns' spokesman David Hughes earlier refused to comment on the diary as he left the family house in Rothley, Leicestershire.

He faced the media circus waiting outside the couple's home shortly after the family returned from a trip to a nearby park.

Earlier, it was reported the police wanted to confiscate Madeleine's toys, including her favourite Cuddle Cat.

Mr McCann's sister, Philomena McCann, said the possibility that police might seize the toy was a "disgrace".

"It would be extremely distressing for Kate because she has seen it as a symbol of her daughter since she went missing," she added.

She went on: "Why on earth do they ask for the toys now? Why didn't they think of this before?"

The judge is also sifting through a 4,000-page police dossier as Madeleine's parents face an agonising wait to learn if they will be charged over her disappearance.

He has 10 days to consider the contents - said to be stored in 10 lever arch files.

It is not known if prosecutors are recommending charging the McCanns over their daughter's disappearance.

Lawyers in Portugal say it is more likely he wants to carry out fresh searches, conduct more interviews, or impose stricter bail conditions.

According to Portuguese newspapers police on the case officers are planning new searches in Praia da Luz, from where Madeleine went missing on May 3.

Mr and Mrs McCann were declared "arguidos", or formal suspects, in the case during police questioning in Portimao last Friday.

They flew out of the country to their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, two days later.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1283685,00.html?f=rss

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #857 on: September 12, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »

Did they look into Dr. Oldfield (I think that is the one that listened, then went in and commented on the light)? He had the opportunity and the time to abscound with her, as did the other Dr, O'Brien that had the vomiting daughter? Maddy probably would not have made a fuss if one of them took her out of her room.
I don't know if the staff at the hotel paid enough attention to sort out which children belonged to whom. Maddy could have been mixed in with the other children-someone said the other rooms were not checked.
It also may be helpful to know who Maddy's biological father is. Was it someone in the party of seven?  If not, could the bi-father have waited in the shadows and taken her, unbeknownst to everyone?

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: September 12, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »

Did they look into Dr. Oldfield (I think that is the one that listened, then went in and commented on the light)? He had the opportunity and the time to absconded with her, as did the other Dr, O'Brien that had the vomiting daughter? Maddy probably would not have made a fuss if one of them took her out of her room.
I don't know if the staff at the hotel paid enough attention to sort out which children belonged to whom. Maddy could have been mixed in with the other children-someone said the other rooms were not checked.
It also may be helpful to know who Maddy's biological father is. Was it someone in the party of seven?  If not, could the bi-father have waited in the shadows and taken her, unbeknownst to everyone?

Excellent, excellent thoughts, Maggie!

I agree.  Were the rooms of the dinner companions searched.  Not only could either of those two absconded with Madeleine, they also could have concealed her for the parents if they were good enough friends, paid or otherwise coerced into doing so.

But I can't believe they did not search those rooms that very night!  Including all refrigerators, under couches, etc.

Did Dr Oilfield have children, too?  Was his wife also along and included in the dinner party?  I can't remember who all was present.  But they were both known to be in the apartment.  Which one was the last to check?  Well, I think Dr Oilfield.  But would have to go back and look and don't have time to find it right now.

But you have a very reasonable suggestion.  I concur.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #859 on: September 12, 2007, 06:23:44 PM »

When the parties left Portugal, did they leave with the same number of children they came with?  Did any of them check baggage that they didn't take toPortugal? I know the flights between London and the Algarve are crowded, and someone could say they didn't have a ticket for a child, they were just going to hold her on their lap. In those conditions, last minute, in a hurry, crowded, no one would pay attention. So then Maddy returns to Britain with someone, who perhaps finds it necessary to move to a new job....bi-father?

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.