April 27, 2024, 01:08:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910859 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: September 12, 2007, 06:34:56 PM »

When the parties left Portugal, did they leave with the same number of children they came with?  Did any of them check baggage that they didn't take toPortugal? I know the flights between London and the Algarve are crowded, and someone could say they didn't have a ticket for a child, they were just going to hold her on their lap. In those conditions, last minute, in a hurry, crowded, no one would pay attention. So then Maddy returns to Britain with someone, who perhaps finds it necessary to move to a new job....bi-father?

Maggie ~  usually the airlines won't allow a child over the age of 2 to travel as a lap baby.  Of course, someone could have made an allowance.  What about customs/immigration/passport?  The airports seem to have fairly tight control these days.  Movement by car might be easier...Interesting theory you have Maggie.  I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #861 on: September 12, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »

This is another timeline.

http://tinyurl.com/3dfv8o

I'm curioius - on this timeline it says that the police had a sketch of a potential suspect on May 5, 2 days after she disappeared, but didn't release it until May 25, 20 days later and then only after the McCanns persisted -

They were still investigating and searching Murat on August 3rd, he was still suspected up till this time until on August 7th they find blood in Madeleine's bedroom - The McCanns were still staying in that same apartment?

June 6th, BTW, is the first I have found the McCanns being publicly asked if they had anything to do with her disappearance while in Berlin, again, according to this timeline -

--------------------------------

This is an older article, 8/20 I believe but I didn't know some of these points:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/16/nmaddy116.xml

Olegario Sousa, a spokesman for the Policia Judiciaria, said they are now working on the assumption that the four year old is dead.

Detectives remain convinced despite reports last night that preliminary test results on blood specks found inside the bedroom of the apartment were not those of Madeleine.

Police have played down the significance of the blood traces, saying they were not the “decisive” evidence in the case and that they remained convinced that Madeleine died on the night she disappeared.

--------------------------

Tests are still ongoing on spots of blood and the inside of the bedroom of the apartment and the McCann family have been told that results will only be confirmed next week.

However, a four-page interim report received by Portuguese police has concluded that the blood is not Madeleine’s. Forensic analysis suggests that there is a 72 per cent chance the sample is that of a white man of “northeast European” origin. The condition of the sample is poor because the wall had been cleaned with detergent.

--------------------------------------

However the evidence of the sniffer dogs, which were only used three months into the search for Madeleine, has thrown up more questions than answers.

Expert handlers said that dogs can only pick up the scent of a body which has been in situ for more than two hours.

The springer spaniels used can also detect small traces of blood up to seven years old, in which time hundreds of people have used the holiday apartment where they were found.

--------------------------------

So the blood splatters were not Madeleine's, it is this "new" evidence under the sofa?

The cadaver dogs can only find a scent which is 2 hours old? Is that right?

The "sniffer" dogs were only used now 3 months after her disappearance?  Is that right?  No dogs until now? and they sat on a suspect composite drawing for 20 days?

Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #862 on: September 12, 2007, 06:55:32 PM »

An offer to provide senior Scotland Yard detectives to review the evidence in the Madeleine McCann case has been ignored by Portuguese police, The Times has learnt.

Investigative reviews by an outside force are standard practice in Britain and occur after just a few weeks in murder and child abduction cases if no great progress has been made.

The Metropolitan Police, highly regarded internationally in homicide investigation, are understood to have offered the services of experienced detectives several weeks ago when the search for Madeleine was floundering. The McCann family is believed to have asked, independently, for a review of the evidence. But Portuguese police have not responded in either instance.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2441828.ece

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #863 on: September 12, 2007, 06:59:03 PM »

I didn't know the mother hadn't always been a GP.

All sorts of incidents are being cited to damn Kate McCann: she shouted at them, she was violent, she must have sedated them because how else could they have slept through and she used to be an anaesthetist so she’d know all about sedation, wouldn’t she .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/sandra_parsons/article2439235.ece

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #864 on: September 12, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »

An offer to provide senior Scotland Yard detectives to review the evidence in the Madeleine McCann case has been ignored by Portuguese police, The Times has learnt.

Investigative reviews by an outside force are standard practice in Britain and occur after just a few weeks in murder and child abduction cases if no great progress has been made.

The Metropolitan Police, highly regarded internationally in homicide investigation, are understood to have offered the services of experienced detectives several weeks ago when the search for Madeleine was floundering. The McCann family is believed to have asked, independently, for a review of the evidence. But Portuguese police have not responded in either instance.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2441828.ece

Again, would the McCanns really ask for an independent review if they were involved?  Would they welcome/want the Metropolitan Police to come in if they were involved?  Haven't they been in contact with police in England?  Are we to believe they are duping everyone from Portugal to England?

And I agree with muffybee regarding anyone leaving with another child - She was not a lap child and she needs proper ID I believe, ie passport, birth certificate -
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: September 12, 2007, 07:47:29 PM »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/18978/Madeleine-New-roads-to-be-dug-

(snipped)

The main focus of the dig will be the vaults, grounds and roads around the tiny Catholic church.

(shipped)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #866 on: September 12, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »

I didn't know the mother hadn't always been a GP.

All sorts of incidents are being cited to damn Kate McCann: she shouted at them, she was violent, she must have sedated them because how else could they have slept through and she used to be an anaesthetist so she’d know all about sedation, wouldn’t she .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/sandra_parsons/article2439235.ece

What a wonderful, thoughtful article.  A voice of reason.  Thank you for posting that!!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #867 on: September 12, 2007, 09:00:20 PM »

(snipped)

The main focus of the dig will be the vaults, grounds and roads around the tiny Catholic church.

(shipped)

This is starting to remind me of Tacopina using the alternative site for his research and back ground on suspects and family members...

just my opinion. . . . . . .

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: September 12, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »

(snipped)

(shipped)

This is starting to remind me of Tacopina using the alternative site for his research and back ground on suspects and family members...

just my opinion. . . . . . .

Rob,

Did you happen to see Nancy Grace tonight?

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #869 on: September 12, 2007, 09:16:11 PM »

Ok, did anyone see Nancy Grace tonight?

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #870 on: September 12, 2007, 09:18:42 PM »

vms and Klaas -  just watched it... holy crap...

Caught the last 15 minutes of it. NG is all over Kate. I was just emailing with Carpe and told him the same thing.

+++

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: September 12, 2007, 09:19:56 PM »

Caught the last 15 minutes of it. NG is all over Kate. I was just emailing with Carpe and told him the same thing.

Rob,

The bald guy??? Is that the same one you posted the pic of?

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #872 on: September 12, 2007, 09:23:05 PM »

hey btw- Glenn Beck will be having segment (3 of 4) on 'the perfect day' when terrorists attack our schools Beslan style.. very very horrifying. I have been listening to his radio show all week about this and there is supposed to be never before seen video from inside Beslan. It has never been broadcast anywhere. Also according to the expert who have been studying 'the perfect day' it will be a reality...the question is when. There have been multiple accounts of Muslim men scouting schools.

It's coming up in just a few moments.

+++

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: September 12, 2007, 09:28:58 PM »

hey btw- Glenn Beck will be having segment (3 of 4) on 'the perfect day' when terrorists attack our schools Beslan style.. very very horrifying. I have been listening to his radio show all week about this and there is supposed to be never before seen video from inside Beslan. It has never been broadcast anywhere. Also according to the expert who have been studying 'the perfect day' it will be a reality...the question is when. There have been multiple accounts of Muslim men scouting schools.

It's coming up in just a few moments.

I had heard this type of concern from someone in law enforcement.  That the elementary schools would be targeted-not high schools, because the high school students would fight back.  Just makes me sick.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #874 on: September 12, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »

Rob,

VMS- I must have missed that. Darn.

is that who they were talking about?

I've been all over that photo. I have a lot of shots that have been contrasted, highlighted, brightened, inverted, cropped and blown.
Still have no clue about him.

+++

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #875 on: September 12, 2007, 09:35:26 PM »

Rob,

VMS- I must have missed that. Darn.

is that who they were talking about?

I've been all over that photo. I have a lot of shots that have been contrasted, highlighted, brightened, inverted, cropped and blown.
Still have no clue about him.

No, they weren't talking about him but showed this clip of him following? Gerry and Kate in Portugal.
I could be completely wrong, it may not be the same person. I was in the middle of dinner. I wish you would catch the rereun and make sure.

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: September 12, 2007, 09:38:25 PM »

Ugh, if I could type or spell, I would be dangerous. I hope you know what I was trying to say, lol.   

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #877 on: September 12, 2007, 09:40:34 PM »

hmmm.. interesting. Did they show the video?

and I imagine the police know this.. right?

However this could not be the man described but Tanner, as that man had hair.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #878 on: September 12, 2007, 09:41:58 PM »

However this could not be the man described by Tanner, as that man had hair.

self edited -

and to add
unless he was wearing a wig.

+++

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: September 12, 2007, 09:48:48 PM »

However this could not be the man described but Tanner, as that man had hair.

They played the clip over and over again. He appeared to be in some "official" capacity? It wasn't discussed at all. He just looked very similar to the guy in the pic you posted, so it caught my attention.
It doesn't make sense, if he's the same guy, though because why would he be in a pic before Madeleine went missing?

I was so startled, I got my digital camera out to take a pic of the TV screen and then of course they never replayed the clip again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.