April 27, 2024, 05:28:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910991 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: September 12, 2007, 11:36:51 PM »

it is very interesting Rob...

Kat.. I agree..

I don't know what to think....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #901 on: September 12, 2007, 11:42:37 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/articl.....80,00.html
Cops think Kate killed Maddie

From JULIE MOULT
in Praia da Luz
September 13, 2007

COPS in Portugal are confident they have a watertight case against Kate and Gerry McCann to prove their involvement in Maddie’s death.
But what is in the 1,000-page dossier handed to a judge that makes them so convinced?
Here we examine the evidence — some of it ridiculously far-fetched.
Cops find it difficult to understand why Kate and Gerry left their three children alone in an apartment to join friends for dinner.
The tapas restaurant is not within earshot or clear sight of where they sat with pals.
And they chose not to take advantage of a free baby-sitting service offered by respected holiday company Mark Warner, explaining they did not want to leave the youngsters with a stranger.
But perhaps, police believe, Maddie may have already died by this stage.
They allege Kate and Gerry concocted an incredible plan which meant they were prepared to accept criticism for neglecting their kids by leaving them alone, in order for an “abduction” to take place.
Cops are of the opinion there was an accident in their apartment some time after Maddie was last seen alive.
Their theory is that Kate either slapped Maddie and she banged her head and died, or she had a reaction to sedatives dispensed by her GP mum to help her sleep — or even took an overdose of prescription medication left lying around the apartment.
Either way, cops suspect panic set in when they realised they could not revive her.
They say the McCanns were fearful of going to prison in a foreign country, having their other children taken away and losing their livelihoods.
So the parents are said to have hatched the unlikely plan to cover up her death and move the body, possibly with the help of others.
Details of the hour or so they spent dining with their friends are hazy and police say they have never been fully established.
But as far as can be confirmed by the police, Gerry checked on the children at 9.05pm. Next friend Matthew Oldfield left the table at 9.30pm to check on the kids.
Crucially, instead of going into the bedroom Maddie was sharing with two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, he just listened at the door.
Fifteen minutes later, another friend Jane Tanner, saw a man walking away from the Ocean Club resort carrying a child in pyjamas. The clothing matched those worn by Maddie. Nobody else has come forward to say they too had seen this person.
For weeks, the McCanns enjoyed a close relationship with the police. But by the beginning of August the relationship turned frosty.
That coincides with the time when police began to tap the phone calls and emails between Kate, Gerry and their pals.
Detectives believe they picked up evidence from the surveillance pointing to the McCanns knowing that Maddie was dead.
Around the same time, UK cops brought in forensic teams and sniffer dogs which located areas of blood and bodily fluid in both the apartment and the Renault Scenic rented 25 days after Madeleine went missing.
A few days after reports on the samples came back, Kate and Gerry were quizzed and named as suspects.
Cops say Madeleine’s blood, bodily fluid, and a mass of blonde hair was found in the boot.
They claim there is too much material for it simply to be explained away as having rubbed off on the car from Madeleine’s belongings.
Toxicology reports are also described as significant. This could indicate whether Maddie was sedated — which Kate and Gerry deny.
If police can prove the presence of a sedative, they can also prove the McCanns have lied.
j.moult@the-sun.co.uk

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: September 12, 2007, 11:42:39 PM »

it is very interesting Rob...

Kat.. I agree..

I don't know what to think....

Mrs. Red, I don't know what to think either.  I have been trying to go along and research articles and post them with links, so we can go back and read again if needed.  Just because I post an article doesn't mean i agree with it.  Usually there is information in the article or some item of interest that might be important to the case, pro McCann or anti McCann.  I would like to believe Madeleine is alive and well, and at the same time from what I've read, I really fear she may be gone from this world.  I see sometimes it looks like a smear campaign against the McCann parents, and other times, I see where there was a big, shiny paid for campaign putting a positive face on the McCann's.  I can see the anguish in the McCann family's eye's, and yet there are some things there isn't an explanation for yet.  I guess we just have to see what unfolds...Most of all, where is Madeleine?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #903 on: September 12, 2007, 11:46:58 PM »

There is a bit too much / many " sources ".
And England's legal system is similair to mine in Canada where they play the cards close to the vest and Portugal, well, reminds me of an Island that used to be a hot spot of tourism, but sank under the weight of its own garbage. what was the name of that place ?  Wink  
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #904 on: September 12, 2007, 11:59:04 PM »

I just struggle with the idea that anyone would kill one child and not the other two?

Susan Smith etc... they killed all their kids..

I hope I am making sense of what I am trying to say, I am tired... but do y'all know what I mean??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: September 13, 2007, 12:22:10 AM »

I just struggle with the idea that anyone would kill one child and not the other two?

I hope I am making sense of what I am trying to say, I am tired... but do y'all know what I mean??

mrs. red ... my three grown kids were raised without any physical discipline on my part because of one incidence that happened when my eldest ... a daughter ... was four years old.  I cannot remember she did that ticked me off but ... I was enraged.  I grabbed her by her long pony tail ... her head went back and ... I slapped her face.  My husband walked into the room ... responding to the commotion.  He did not undermine me in front of our crying daughter ... just told her to go to her room.  However ... this kind and gentle man was very upset with me ... he told me the kids (2 at that time) had a bottom if I deemed them worthy of a swat and ... even that should not be administer if I was out of control.  mrs. red ... I never trusted myself not to overreact ... so I refrained from ever again using physical discipline.  My point ... I was so fortunate that my uncontrolled response to a situation did not result in a consequence that would have regretted for the rest of my life.

Janet 

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: September 13, 2007, 12:38:42 AM »

I think it could well have been an accident if one of the parents did it.

I still don't know but like Janet, there have been times when I have gone after mine like you wouldn't believe.  I wonder how much Madeleine would weigh.  I was thinking also shaken baby syndrome but wonder if she is too big for something like that.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: September 13, 2007, 12:43:47 AM »

My boys were very, very rowdy as little kids to be so sedate now.  One found four cans of silver spray paint and spray painted the back and side of the house and we lived on a corner so it was very visible.  He did it until all the paint was gone.  He painted the dog with some floor tile adhesive, destroyed a dish washer and new TV with me home.  I couldn't have left them for anything.  One hosed with a water hose hosed off the baby just outside the sliding glass door in about twenty degree weather, things like that.  With me home just in the other room.

Not only couldn't I leave them, I could hardly have them out of my sight for something absolutely awful happening.  I don't know how I survived those years some times. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: September 13, 2007, 01:27:59 AM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/13/give-us-diary-laptop-89520-19782942/

GIVE US DIARY & LAPTOP
Police demand 'evidence' from McCanns
By Lucy Thornton 13/09/2007

Prosecutors have applied to seize Kate McCann's diary and husband Gerry's laptop.

Portuguese police want to compare Kate's entries with the couple's statements and movements after daughter Madeleine, four, vanished 133 days ago.

They also want to know what emails Gerry, 39, exchanged as they try to strengthen their case of "accidental homicide".

A source said: "They think he controls Kate."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: September 13, 2007, 01:38:53 AM »

A MONKEY WRENCH

I am hesitant to trust Rob, and I don't believe most of what he writes. And he had the colossal nerve to desert us during the Natalee case. When he left SM, I totally lost faith in him. He had all these supposed connections in Aruba - breaking news that would come out any day soon.

I don't want this thread to turn into a defense of Rob. This thread is about Madeleine McCann and I'm just writing my opinion. I had to get it off my chest. I don't know where else to post it.

Lets continue searching for Madeleine.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #910 on: September 13, 2007, 06:32:36 AM »

Louise you are free to trust who you want.

Here is the same man with Robert Murat and the police. As you can all see, this man is in a picture with Gerry and the kids. He is not Sergei Malinka.

Abandoned Natalee? That's a good one. I guess all the videos I post on my site means I must have abandoned her. I guess all the info I continue to get means I must have abandoned her. I guess posting the Karin / Paulus connection must have meant I abandoned her. I guess the videos I made trashing Aruba (showing the REAL Aruba) and Joran Van der Sloot must mean I have abandoned her.

Louise -  please feel free to 'go with your instincts'. And have a nice day. Smile

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #911 on: September 13, 2007, 06:58:12 AM »

Louise I do not feel I owe you an explanation of my internet activities. However, since you might be inclined to spread rumors about me, I will give you a run down.

I left SM for reasons that are known to the people that were involved. I feel it is water under the bridge. I hope that those involved feel that way too. I hold no ill will toward those people. It is over. There is no reason to re-hash all that occurred. Feelings get hurt and people sometimes say things they do not mean. If we didn't care, our feelings would not be hurt. It's as simple as that. Those that were not involved do not need to know what took place and it is between the people involved only. Just because 'you do not know' where I was, does not mean I stopped trying to help Natalee.
I feel that case is solved. There is nothing left to gather or find. It is now time to prosecute those responsible.

I went to BFN where I discovered that was anything but 'Blogs for Natalee'. I then was involved with a group of Natalee supporters. 

I then formed my own blog which I continue to use.

I hope that gives you an idea where I have been.

Take care... toots!!!!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: September 13, 2007, 07:46:12 AM »

On Nancy Grace last night:

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: September 13, 2007, 08:07:51 AM »

vms  Shocked

I looked. Had another cup of coffee and looked again.

imo -- same person  Shocked

I did not watch nancy grace however -- and hope to find a transcript later.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: September 13, 2007, 08:13:37 AM »

vms  Shocked

Hi Sharon,

I don't want to confuse. This person was not a subject of the show. I just saw him in a video clip they played and thought he looked similar to the pic Rob had posted a few days ago.

In the video clip, he was following Madeleine's parents and appeared to be maybe a police officer? I don't know, I'm just guessing...

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: September 13, 2007, 08:34:51 AM »

vms  Shocked

Hi Sharon,

I don't want to confuse. This person was not a subject of the show. I just saw him in a video clip they played and thought he looked similar to the pic Rob had posted a few days ago.

In the video clip, he was following Madeleine's parents and appeared to be maybe a police officer? I don't know, I'm just guessing...

I understand, vms  Laughing  Us 'lurkers' go back and read (probably why we lurk -- not much time left  Laughing )

I think it's strange (more than strange, actually) that the same person (imo) would be both of those pictures.

One -- a private picture taken on a playground (I'm guessing before any of the nightmare began if that is Madeleine in the pics)

and the other in a 'file photo' about breaking developments in this very strange case.

I agree with you. IMO -- it's the same person.

Great catch! How do you bring that to someone's attention - like Nancy Grace?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #916 on: September 13, 2007, 08:44:56 AM »

I understand, vms  Laughing  Us 'lurkers' go back and read (probably why we lurk -- not much time left  Laughing )

I think it's strange (more than strange, actually) that the same person (imo) would be both of those pictures.

One -- a private picture taken on a playground (I'm guessing before any of the nightmare began if that is Madeleine in the pics)

and the other in a 'file photo' about breaking developments in this very strange case.

I agree with you. IMO -- it's the same person.

Great catch! How do you bring that to someone's attention - like Nancy Grace?

I don't know. I hesitated to even post it because I can't tell if its the same person or not.
My husband sure thought I was nuts taking picutures of the TV screen.  Laughing
I have a DVD recorder but have no idea how to set it to record through satellite.  Evil or Very Mad

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #917 on: September 13, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »

Okay, who's the bald guy?

This case has me perplexed.  The whole "sedating" your child thing rubs me the wrong way.  When my daughter was teething, I rubbed Amaretto on her gums for the pain.  Her pediatrician suggested it.  When she had Coxsackie virus, I gave her Benadryl to relieve the itch and facilitate some much needed rest.  I should have stock in the makers of Mylecon too! 

I think the idea that Dr. Kate overdosed her own child is kinda dumb.  And if she was formerly an anethetist, it's even dumber. 

I think pushing at the parents indicates the Portugese are grasping at straws. 

Where have we seen this before?

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #918 on: September 13, 2007, 09:21:14 AM »

Perhaps the bald man is an assigned bodyguard.

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #919 on: September 13, 2007, 09:23:22 AM »

Um, I could understand two people looking alike, but he appears to have the same shirt and glasses on - doesn't he?  Who is he?  Is he perhaps security at the resort and this is a coincidence? or... Even if he is security there, that would have me even more concerned - he would perhaps be able to access that room without forcing entry - I say this because I was recently on vacation - 2 rooms - instead of giving us adjoining rooms on the 2nd floor which we asked for, we had rooms separated by the the stairs on the ground floor - second night there the 1 room was robbed while everyone was out, I was in the second room alone but couldn't hear anything because of the separation - anyway, we learned we were the 4th robbery in 2 weeks and it continued after that evening (no forced entries) and I became concerned that someone at the resort was involved, possibly security - just saying...

Sorry long story, just to get to my point, I think it looks like the same guy too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.