March 28, 2024, 03:15:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 906115 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: September 27, 2007, 11:26:16 AM »

I know some will disagree,but under forum rules,I can give this idea.I watched Ed Smart and John Walsh state that they think McCanns have behaved correctly.They have kept Maddie's name in the public,not trying to let it go.This is not an attack,just some facts.

Tiger I see what you mean.  It's the same thing in the case of Natalee Holloway.  If her family and friends (particularly Beth Twitty) had not kept her name in the public, the case would have been swept under the rug a long time ago, imo.  We've seen Beth criticized  by some as an attention seeker.  Yes, Beth wanted attention, not for herself, but for Natalee, and I firmly believe that with all my heart.  I look at Clinton's case on our threads, for example.  His mother Carolyn is trying many different avenues to try to get her son's name and his case out in the public and it has been difficult. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1521 on: September 27, 2007, 11:43:48 AM »

Why would Maddie be in Morocco? Is it a place to keep her until the furor dies down, and people assume she'd dead?

Why would she be outside in broad daylight where she can be seen?

Morocco offers several advantages to a would-be kidnapper.  First, it's not an EU member state, so there exists no rendition treaty governing the surrender of criminal suspects.  There has also been no harmonization of laws with the EU, so issues pertaining to such things as, say, child custody might diverge widely from European standards.  Second, the population isn't subject to the same level of bureaucratic and administrative interaction and documentation.  Vital records pertaining to births, school enrollments, vaccinations, etc. are at best spotty.  Social Security numbers, or their European equivalent are unknown.  People can therefore much more easily "disappear" in Morocco than in Europe or North America.  Third, like in much of the muslim world, there exists a strong tradition of non-cooperation with authorities among the public.  People depend much more on bonds of kinship and locality than on the rule of law.  If those holding Madeline are themselves Moroccan, they can probably rely on a local support network to shield them from discovery.  Think about the tribal groups in Waziristan harboring Usamma bin Laden, and you'll get the idea.  Last, Morocco is CLOSE.  Madeline and her captors could have been in Tangiers less than six hours after she was abducted from the resort.  Though only six hours away, it might as well be on the moon. 

Steve, you amaze me so many times with your knowledge and diplomacy , you have a great way of conveying your points and analysing situations with compassion and intelligence. Keep up the great work, I love reading your posts!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1522 on: September 27, 2007, 12:25:39 PM »

Why would Maddie be in Morocco? Is it a place to keep her until the furor dies down, and people assume she'd dead?

Why would she be outside in broad daylight where she can be seen?

Morocco offers several advantages to a would-be kidnapper.  First, it's not an EU member state, so there exists no rendition treaty governing the surrender of criminal suspects.  There has also been no harmonization of laws with the EU, so issues pertaining to such things as, say, child custody might diverge widely from European standards.  Second, the population isn't subject to the same level of bureaucratic and administrative interaction and documentation.  Vital records pertaining to births, school enrollments, vaccinations, etc. are at best spotty.  Social Security numbers, or their European equivalent are unknown.  People can therefore much more easily "disappear" in Morocco than in Europe or North America.  Third, like in much of the muslim world, there exists a strong tradition of non-cooperation with authorities among the public.  People depend much more on bonds of kinship and locality than on the rule of law.  If those holding Madeline are themselves Moroccan, they can probably rely on a local support network to shield them from discovery.  Think about the tribal groups in Waziristan harboring Usamma bin Laden, and you'll get the idea.  Last, Morocco is CLOSE.  Madeline and her captors could have been in Tangiers less than six hours after she was abducted from the resort.  Though only six hours away, it might as well be on the moon. 

Thanks for the info Steve. That's kind of what I suspected, but I'm glad to have it validated. I didn't realize it was less than six hours away! Maddie could have been almost there before the Portugese police even got themselves organized to look for her.
If Maddie is alive, though, I doubt she is being carried around undisguised in broad daylight. She is probably being passed off as a little boy, or had her hair dyed. And if she was in Morocco, would she still be there now?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1523 on: September 27, 2007, 02:19:58 PM »

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23414107-details/Portuguese+police+probe+%27suspicious%27+car+journey+made+by+McCanns/article.do

Portuguese police probe 'suspicious' car journey made by McCanns

Police searching for Madeleine McCann's body are studying CCTV clues showing where her parents drove their hire car in Spain, it was claimed yesterday.

They are trying to plot a map of the car's movements on August 3 in the hope the camera trail will lead them to the little girl.

Detectives are convinced Madeleine died the night she vanished and her corpse was later transported in the boot of the car.
(snipped)

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1524 on: September 27, 2007, 03:11:08 PM »

So far we have -
buried in the church - vault.
buried in road way.
buried in country side.
thrown overboard from yacht.
cremated in Dutch bomb makers animal incineration business.
transported all over Europe in the boot of a hire car while the media is all over the McCanns.
friends have hidden the body.

Sorry, this is an utter joke and if the police had any clue what actually happened to Madeleine they would be keeping that to themselves as they build a case.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1525 on: September 27, 2007, 03:14:58 PM »

Did the McCanns still have the 2 younger children with them at the time of this suspicious car ride? Does anyone know the time frame details?

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1526 on: September 27, 2007, 03:19:23 PM »

Did the McCanns still have the 2 younger children with them at the time of this suspicious car ride? Does anyone know the time frame details?

BB- I do not know. This seems to have been a trip to spread the word about Madeleine being missing. I think the twins were being watched by someone else.

I'm not at all sure.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: September 27, 2007, 03:22:43 PM »

There is a sister named Anne with whom the twins have been left before.  I think she is Gerry's sister.

Is this article saying the McCanns took a car trip into Spain the day after the night Madeleine was first missing?

I wonder if they had a big ice chest like an Igloo cooler of some sort.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1528 on: September 27, 2007, 03:33:04 PM »

So far we have -
buried in the church - vault.
buried in road way.
buried in country side.
thrown overboard from yacht.
cremated in Dutch bomb makers animal incineration business.
transported all over Europe in the boot of a hire car while the media is all over the McCanns.
friends have hidden the body.

Sorry, this is an utter joke and if the police had any clue what actually happened to Madeleine they would be keeping that to themselves as they build a case.

Well said, Rob.  I totally agree. This is reminiscent of Aruba blaming Beth for Natalee's disappearance.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1529 on: September 27, 2007, 03:34:37 PM »

BB- I do not know. This seems to have been a trip to spread the word about Madeleine being missing. I think the twins were being watched by someone else.

I'm not at all sure.

The reason I ask is because I am trying to think of a way to explain how the DNA might have gotten into the wheel well. Wouldn't Madeleine she have some shared DNA markers shred also with her siblings even if they are concieved by invitro? If that is the case, and the McCanns were traveling with the younger children in the car it is possible to have left gotten their DNA in the trunk? 

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1530 on: September 27, 2007, 03:39:04 PM »

I know when my kids were little and we were on vacation and traveling if I had to stop along the road side and change their diapers for example, I would stop and make the change and stick the dirty diapers in the trunk. In the summer, if you forgot them, you would have a mess, but i never consciously wanted to throw them on the road side-that is wrong. Maybe Mrs. McCann did the same? Just wondering......

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1531 on: September 27, 2007, 03:54:08 PM »

BB- the DNA markers have not been revealed to my knowledge.

It is conceivable that all three children share the same egg and sperm from the same donors. However, I don't think that has been revealed.

For instance - the McCanns are unable to conceive. The go to a fertility clinic and find that one of the McCanns are infertile.

Gerry - unable to conceive - sperm donor.
Kate - unable to conceive - egg donor.

After Madeleine is born they decide to have more children.

They request more eggs or sperm from those donors so that Madeleine has biological siblings.

This is all unknown to my knowledge.

Many parents do request the same donors.

+++

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1532 on: September 27, 2007, 04:27:54 PM »

BB- the DNA markers have not been revealed to my knowledge.

It is conceivable that all three children share the same egg and sperm from the same donors. However, I don't think that has been revealed.

For instance - the McCanns are unable to conceive. The go to a fertility clinic and find that one of the McCanns are infertile.

Gerry - unable to conceive - sperm donor.
Kate - unable to conceive - egg donor.

After Madeleine is born they decide to have more children.

They request more eggs or sperm from those donors so that Madeleine has biological siblings.

This is all unknown to my knowledge.

Many parents do request the same donors.

or

Kate had blocked fallopian tubes so the egg and sperm were removed then artificially inseminated keeping their own DNA.

or

Gerry had insufficient quantity so his sperm was mixed with donor sperm leaving the possibility of his actual DNA.

The combinations and possibilities are remarkable.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1533 on: September 27, 2007, 06:22:24 PM »

Diario el Mundo http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/.....86066.html
reports that PJ are investigating the McCanns trip to the city of Huelva on 3rd of August. PJ and Spanish police forces are investigating the trip and the McCanns´car´s whereabouts that day because it seems that the car has been spotted in locations that make no sense for them to visit. The police also investigate why they should go to Huelva on a bank holiday and how come the car made a surprisingly high mileage - 2 750 km in just one month.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1534 on: September 27, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »

Buckeye, in a case of a blocked fallopian tube there is a procedure that would allow for the couple to conceive naturally. It involves a simple pin prick that allows the tube to be opened and the eggs to the move naturally.

Not all patients would be eligible for the procedure. It would depend on the underlying condition. But I do know of someone who conceived naturally after this procedure.

But you are right, there are many available procedures to help couples suffering from infertility.

Which also, (imo) makes it less likely that the McCanns have killed Maddy in any manner other than accidental. And I'm not at all convinced that has occurred.

I'm sticking to - pedophile. At least until I see or hear something that counters that belief.

+++

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1535 on: September 27, 2007, 07:13:06 PM »

I agree with Rob once again.  Smells like a pedophile to me.

I don't see the parents doing this. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1536 on: September 27, 2007, 07:34:43 PM »

I agree with Rob once again.  Smells like a pedophile to me.

I don't see the parents doing this. 

smoochees ! ! !

+++

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1537 on: September 27, 2007, 08:14:11 PM »

one of the tapas 9 is involved up to their eyelids in this

and the parents are idiots

Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1538 on: September 27, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »

I don't know who is responsible for Madeleine disappearing but until it is known, I am not ready to clear anybody either. 

And I don't see this as similar to Aruba because the parents are the ones saying no body, no case and they are the last ones to be thought to have been with this child.  Much of their behavior is very odd to me.

39 is pretty up in years to be coping with three below the age of four suddenly.  And I am sure the DNA experts will hash out whose would match and whose would not.

Until more is known, all suspects bear watching in my opinion.  That would include any theoretical pedophiles but also the parents as well as their friend who also had access to the missing child in the crucial timeframe.  Resort workers would also possibly have access.

However, as far as pedophiles go, they usually don't kidnap what is sure to be a high profile victim.  There are too many kids in the world that no one will launch a full-fledged campaign to find.  Resorts inhabited by the wealthy would not be a likely source for victims for pedophiles I wouldn't think. 

Poor women and children from the former Soviet bloc countries and Eastern Europe are plentiful in the EU and I would think a more likely target that one from a resort.

It may well have been a pedophile but then again, maybe not.  More information needed.  I just hope this is not the winding down of the investigation with nothing resolved.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: September 27, 2007, 08:21:48 PM »

one of the tapas 9 is involved up to their eyelids in this

and the parents are idiots

Cool

Hi, Robots!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.