June 16, 2024, 08:12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 918159 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1940 on: November 04, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »

In my opinion

... there should be no appearance of conflicts of interest in regards to members who disburse the monies from the fund.  Obviously ... collegues and friends can be consider "conflicts of interest".

... the fund Provision "1.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family." can be considered a blank cheque.

... to avoid any donor misunderstanding ... the fund Provision  "1.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family." should be established as a separate fund.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/11/wmaddy1011.xml

McCanns may use Madeleine fund for defence
By Nick Britten
Last Updated: 2:30am BST 13/09/2007

The Charity Commission ruled that the fund could not be registered because its aims were not broad enough. Instead, Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd, was set up as a company. It means that the McCanns only have to get the directors' consent to access the cash.

As well as Miss McVey, the board includes Doug Skehan, 54, a clinical director of cardiology at Glenfield Hospital in Leicester and colleague of Mr McCann, Peter Hubner, 64, a retired consultant and Philip Tomlinson, 76, a lawyer, both of whom are friends.

John McCann, 48, Mr McCann's brother, and Mr Kennedy are also directors but Miss McVey said they would not be able to vote because they are family members.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/fund/faq.asp

Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the objects of Madeleine’s Fund?

1.1 The full objects of the Fund are:

1.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;

1.1.2 To procure that Madeleine’s abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and

1.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.

1.2 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1941 on: November 04, 2007, 06:17:53 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=491638&in_page_id=1770

Four of Tapas Nine 'to be named suspects' by Portuguese police
By VANESSA ALLEN - More by this author » Last updated at 21:10pm on 4th November 2007

Four close friends of Kate and Gerry McCann fear they could be named as official suspects in the hunt for Madeleine, it has been revealed.

The four - all part of the so-called Tapas Nine who dined with the McCanns on the night Madeleine vanished - have consulted lawyers over mounting speculation they could be named as arguidos, or official suspects.

Dr Russell O'Brien and his partner Jane Tanner, and their friends Dr David Payne and Matthew Oldfield have all been warned they could be made suspects within days, the Sunday Express claimed. Police have been analysing a series of alleged contradictions in the statements the group of friends gave to police just hours after Madeleine disappeared.

Interview: (clockwise from top left) Fiona Payne, Jane Tanner, Russell O' Brien, Rachael Oldfield

The entire group has always denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance. They are barred by strict Portuguese secrecy laws from speaking about the events of May 3 but last week issued a statement denying they had a "pact of silence" or that they were covering up a secret.

But a friend of the group said they realised there was a "possibility" they could be made arguidos.

He said: "There has always been the possibility that some or all of the friends from the tapas restaurant may be made arguidos if they were reinterviewed by police.

"However, it is possible but unlikely because the police have not made any moves to start that process and were last week banned from doing so unless they find more significant evidence.

"All of those who have given statements are absolutely confident about what they said because it is the truth.

"A full timeline has been prepared detailing what happened on May 3, who went where at what time, in case their versions of events were ever formally questioned, which seems increasingly unlikely."

Dr Payne, 41, a cardiovascular researcher from Leicestershire, was the last person outside the McCann family to see Madeleine alive. He went to the family's apartment at 6.30pm on May 3 and said he saw Mrs McCann there with all three of her children, while Mr McCann played tennis.

Mr Oldfield, 37, from South West London, was the last of the group to go to the apartment to check on the children, about 30 minutes before the alarm was raised that Madeleine was missing. He told police he saw the two-year-old twins but that her bed was out of his line of sight.

Ms Tanner, 37, of Exeter, told police she saw a man carrying a child away from the McCanns' apartment at about 9.15pm. But police have pointed to contradictions in her statements, and to the fact that another witness said he was outside the apartment at the same time but did not see Ms Tanner or the mystery man.

Meanwhile Dr O'Brien, 36, was away from the group for up to 45 minutes while he tended to his own child, who was being sick in his apartment.

He told police he had changed her bedlinen, but staff at the Ocean Club were said to have denied that any change of sheets was requested.

Contradictions in the statements and timings given by the group have led to suggestions in the Portuguese press that they could have been involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

Criminologist Barra da Costa told the Portuguese newspaper 24 Horas that he believed one way to crack the case would be to offer immunity from prosecution to anyone involved as an accomplice.

He said: "Extreme measures should be taken to recover Madeleine. One of those measures would be to grant immunity to any possible accomplice."

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1942 on: November 04, 2007, 06:32:35 PM »

Police: Toddler Girl Found in Box in Texas Could Be From Anywhere
Sunday , November 04, 2007

HOUSTON —

Police in Texas say the body of a young girl washed ashore in a storage box in Galveston Bay last week could have come from as far away as Europe, but officially ruled out it being British toddler Madeleine McCann, who went missing in Portugal six months ago.
"We're confident it's not her," Galveston County Sheriff's Department spokesman Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo told FOX News.

After receiving several tips suggesting that the body may have belonged to McCann, Galveston authorities worked with Interpol, the FBI and Portuguese authorities to eliminate that possibility.

The Gulf Intercoastal Waterway, where the box containing the body was found, is a major commercial port, and Galveston a popular tourist destination with a transient population, Tuttoilmondo said.

"The important thing to consider in this case is that Galveston is a tourist area," Tuttoilmondo said. "We have a lot of commerce going through here," he said.

The Galveston County Sheriff's Department has launched a massive public appeal for help identifying the child, nicknamed "Baby Grace" by police. They have released a sketch of what they believe the child would look like and are offering a cash reward.

According to a forensic dental examination of the remains, she was between 2-3 years-old. She was white, 32 to 35 inches tall and weighing 25 to 30 pounds. She had long blonde or light brown wavy hair, and was wearing a Target-brand pink, flowing skirt, a pink or red shirt and white light-up tennis shoes with purple flowers on them.

Hundreds of tips and leads have poured in from all over the country, Tuttoilmondo said, but so far none of them have helped solve the mystery. Police are also sifting through missing child reports in hopes of finding a match.

"We're still going through known missing person cases. It's a long process," Tuttoilmondo said. "Can I say absolutely she is not a known missing person? No," he said.

"We are getting tips literally from all over the country," he said. "We're going through every single one. This tells me that people are concerned."

Galveston County Crime Stoppers has set up a memorial fund to pay for the little girl's funeral and an account to offer rewards for anyone who helps investigators lead them to the killer. Donations can be made to Galveston County Crime Stoppers.

A fisherman found the girl late Monday night. Her body was inside a blue plastic utility box that washed ashore along the Intercoastal Waterway.

The Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office ruled the child had been dead for at least two weeks and sustained a skull fracture. The cause of death has not been determined but authorities are treating the case as a homicide.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Galveston County sheriff's Office at 409-766-2222, the agency's tip line at 866-248-8477 or any Crime Stoppers organization.

A prayer vigil will be held for the girl Sunday afternoon in Galveston.

Terms of use.  Privacy Statement.  For FOXNews.com comments write to
foxnewsonline@foxnews.com;  For FOX News Channel comments write to
comments@foxnews.com
© Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2007 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.
All market data delayed 20 minutes.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,307962,00.html

Once again, despite claims to the contrary, we see the police in Portugal working with international crime agencies but most especially Interpol as we have seen them do so often.

There goes the theory that they are only concentrating on smearing the McCanns.  We have seen many tips and leads investigated immediately via Interpol and also the British authorities.  Claims by the McCanns that they are the ONLY focus of the investigation appear to be unfounded as this is a very recent occurrence in Texas and yet it was checked out pronto.

This wouldn't be happening if the investigation were limited to just the McCanns as they continually claim.  It would appear they are checking in a very timely manner as far away as Texas which I find commendable. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1943 on: November 05, 2007, 12:24:18 AM »

Anna: 

That's a terrible story from Galveston.  The report, however, does NOT say that Portugese authorities reached out to anyone.  It said that authorities in Galveston reached out to a variety of police agencies, including those in Portugal.  For all we know, the Portugese simply hung up the phone when called, which was more or less their verified response to earlier reports of Madeline sightings. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1944 on: November 05, 2007, 12:53:27 AM »

Steve,

No, it says they verified this and through Interpol as well.  There is mention of dental records.

Hanging up on a phone call would not verify anything and this article does not imply any such thing happened at all.  The PLE got back to them very quickly after this happened because this child was just found days ago.

This indicates someone very quickly checked this out and responded.  It doesn't sound at all to me as though they are only working on smearing and ruining the Kate and Gerry Show.  And that they are working through Interpol just as they have always tried to contend they were doing.

Very hard to get through the British government PR machine in the beginning but I wonder if the British make campaign contributions.  In any event, how much political clout would nine doctors have?  Lots, evidently from the way they got tax payer money for PR at first.  Now they just have donations to work with. 

I am so glad to see some of the rest of the dinner companions are being investigated for I do think those with other small children are in the same predicament as the McCanns should it be determined that "something bad happened" to Madeleine in the presence of the parents.

They will all be in major trouble if they were all doing the same thing, whatever that might be, with their small children, leaving them alone at night while they went out drinking and eating with no supervision or care.  They all stand to answer for doing that as it seems it was a common practice among that group.

And for that reason, these four being questioned are only four of nine that should all be investigated thoroughly since they have a motive to assist the McCanns in concealing anything "bad" that might have happened. 

Here it's illegal to leave a child under the age of 12 alone like that.  Is this whole "supper club" fearful of facing some sort of charges for what they did with all their own children as well?  Same motive as the McCanns would have for not telling of any accident that may have happened, fear of losing their other children.  Motive to assist the McCanns on the part of their friends.  Enough for one of them to claim to have seen a stringy-haired stranger where the TV producer and even Gerry McCann saw nothing.

They could have stalled responding on this missing child found in Galveston but their very prompt response tells me that they are staying on top of this and reacting very quickly to any credible leads that come their way.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1945 on: November 05, 2007, 12:57:45 AM »

Anna: 

That's a terrible story from Galveston.  The report, however, does NOT say that Portugese authorities reached out to anyone.  It said that authorities in Galveston reached out to a variety of police agencies, including those in Portugal.  For all we know, the Portugese simply hung up the phone when called, which was more or less their verified response to earlier reports of Madeline sightings. 

Oh, and Steve,

Where Do I say anybody reached out to anybody else?  I don't say that.  Maybe you should actually read my posts before commenting on them instead of assuming you know what they say.  That's two in a row you missed on.

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1946 on: November 05, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »

When the provision 1.1.3 of the Madeleine Fund is considered and ... then the McCanns' relationships to the board members ... the board members who have the authority or the influence in regards to disbursements ... there definitely appears to be conflicts of interest.

1.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.

IMO

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

McCanns may use Madeleine fund for defence
By Nick Britten
Last Updated: 2:30am BST 13/09/2007

The Charity Commission ruled that the fund could not be registered because its aims were not broad enough. Instead, Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd, was set up as a company. It means that the McCanns only have to get the directors' consent to access the cash.

As well as Miss McVey, the board includes Doug Skehan, 54, a clinical director of cardiology at Glenfield Hospital in Leicester and colleague of Mr McCann, Peter Hubner, 64, a retired consultant and Philip Tomlinson, 76, a lawyer, both of whom are friends.

John McCann, 48, Mr McCann's brother, and Mr Kennedy are also directors but Miss McVey said they would not be able to vote because they are family members.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/11/wmaddy1011.xml

Madeleine McCann fund ‘still supported by public’
Nov 5 2007
by Caroline Innes, Liverpool Daily Post

THE fund set up to help find Madeleine McCann is still receiving wide-spread public support six months after her disappearance, one of the Merseyside-based trustees said last night.

Esther McVey, a former television presenter and Conservative candidate for West Wirral, said controversy surrounding donations being used to pay the McCanns’ mortgage had not damaged the Fund’s reputation – nor affected the trustee’s unwavering goal to track down the missing four-year-old.

Ms McVey, a college friend of Madeleine’s Liverpool-born mother, Kate McCann, spoke last night following a service in Liverpool to mark the six-month anniversary of when Madeleine disappeared from the family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2007/11/05/madeleine-mccann-fund-still-supported-by-public-64375-20061541/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1947 on: November 11, 2007, 01:11:52 PM »

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26293

joaohonesto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: 'Maddie 129' book quick and loose review    Report this post Reply with quote
Hi, I’m going to share a bit about the ‘Maddie 129’ book, since the first thread I posted about the book was deleted, and rightly so, by the Mods, because of possible copyright infringements of the three excerpts I translated and posted.

So I’ll repeat here a bit about what I said in the deleted thread.

And the main thing is that except for a few interesting details for McCann case aficcionados, there’s nothing much is the book that hasn’t been talked about in the forum, it's great virtue being the simple fact that it’s in book form. But for the general Portuguese public it’s intendend to reach it will certainly be an eye-opener.

Also, the authors state very specifically that they won’t be making any speculations at all regarding the case, but will only expound facts from their investigation and raise questions. In fact, the book contains a chapter with 129 questions, one for each day of the McCanns’ stay in Portugal.

Some details revealed are "categorical" confirmation from OC staff that Russell O’Brien’s children bedsheets were never changed during the night of May 3; that except for one couple who stayed by Apt. 5A, all the other Tapas were in their apartments by 23:00, and never participated in the searches. There’s a Portuguese psychologist, Quintino Aires, saying this means they all knew where Maddie was, since otherwise, due to the "Zeigarnik effect", they’d share a compulsion to talk to each other about the problem.

There’s also a complete debunking IMO of the CCTV footage of the McCanns in Bar Paraíso. First, Carvalho sits for hours on end at the bar waiting for the owner, Mr. Miguel Matias, who never shows up. Then Carvalho manages to get him on the phone by not disclosing that he’s a journalist, and Matias immediately starts to deny that it’s at all possible to recognize anyone in the tape, due to the backlighting for the sunset at the time, and says that he was misquoted by Correio da Manhă. Matias even goes as far as to deny that another waiter could have recognized the McCanns, saying he probably meant a member of the Tapas who was a regular customer. (Anyway, I doubt if there was any CCTV footage to begin with).

But if you read between the lines you can tell that if the authors wanted to speculate, they’d have speculated that Maddie died in the apartment, probably by accident, was hidden in the church of Praia da Luz until she was moved in the Renault to Spain, probably by Russell O’Brien. And, as it happens, this is exactly what in the recent Sociedade Civil” program was described as “Felicia Cabrita’s theory”, with the only difference that Felicia specifies that Maddie’s body was cremated in Spain. (Unfortunately I don’t know any more details about this theory, it was just mentioned in the debate.)

One detail about the Renault is that it clocked 720 kms in the first week it was rented, and it couldn’t possibly have been driven by the McCanns during this period, that coincided with the Vatican and Madrid visits (they travelled by hired car to Faro and Lisbon airports).

The authors also insist on the political pressure the case has been subjected to from the UK since the very beginning, and insists on the arrival of Alex Woolfall, described as one of the most expensive experts in the world on damage limitation and crisis management (the man who kept the GM controversy off British headlines for Monsanto) on May 3 as an indication of the colossal interests trying to cover-up the case and orchestrate the media campaign to promote the abduction theory.

One more detail: British journalists paid up to 5000 euros to get a seat on the EasyJet flight the McCanns returned to the UK in.

And, entirely within the fair use provisions, I’ll just quote the question that troubles specially the author's minds regarding the case:

“Could this awareness campaign developed by Gerry, Kate and their innumerable assessors, be one of the biggest media scams ever on a planetary scale?”

-------

'Maddie 129' by Hernâni Carvalho and Luís Neves (Prime Books, 2007)

Last edited by joaohonesto on Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1948 on: November 11, 2007, 01:17:56 PM »

HAL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject:    Report this post Reply with quote
Thanks, joao.

"“Could this awareness campaign developed by Gerry, Kate and their innumerable assessors, be one of the biggest media scams ever on a planetary scale?”

I would dispute that. This is small potatoes compared to the HollowayMediaInc operation.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1949 on: November 11, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »

Rob,
Is this book in Portuguese?  I wonder if there is an English versions if you know.

One of my sons is certified in Portuguese but I don't think he would translate it for me.  He is always "too busy" but I could ask.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1950 on: November 11, 2007, 01:47:34 PM »

Rob,
Is this book in Portuguese?  I wonder if there is an English versions if you know.

One of my sons is certified in Portuguese but I don't think he would translate it for me.  He is always "too busy" but I could ask.

Hi Anna - at the moment it will be only in Portuguese. There are some that have transcribed a few parts, but the threads are being deleted due to copyright issues. A summary is all that will be allowed.

This book contains only the known facts of the case.

From what I have seen so far it looks like the McCanns are hiding something. I have no idea what they 'could' be hiding... but their actions and the actions of the friends look highly suspect...

They could be hiding something unrelated to the disappearance, or they could have played a role.

I still have no idea.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1951 on: November 11, 2007, 02:08:29 PM »

The behavior of this group from the onset has been truly strange and revealing.  "they've taken Madeleine" instead of thinking she had wandered off and leaving the twins alone and unprotected in the room is not what one would do in the event of discovering a child missing.  I can't imagine leaving those twins if thinking a pedophile or kidnapper was in the immediate vicinity and could return at any moment and take them as well.

I think the entire group was doing the same thing, leaving their children unattended and possibly giving them something of a sedative nature, perhaps cold meds, and stand to face charges of child neglect or having their children removed from their custody. 

If one is caught and charged with this, they all would be.  Thus their motive to conceal even an accidental death of one of the children under those circumstances.

That is why I think they would aid the McCanns in the event "something bad" happened which it so obviously did.  The lot of them all did the same thing.  Those others with small children would stand to lose as much as the McCanns if they did not help them conceal an accidental death of an unattended child.

This no body/no case has become a global mantra it seems. 

Interesting that cold meds have been pulled from the market in this country including one by Wyeth that had wrong dosage marked on the measuring cup.  We all know the only reason drug companies do that is to prevent law suits and it usually requires several be filed or they will just take the hit as the profits far outstrip the cost of the suits.  The suits have to be rather massive to get a product recalled much less an entire classification of meds.

Just my opinion.  I am still undecided on what happened but am leaning toward parental involvement still as it does seem that McCanns are far more concerned about their appearance and reputation than finding Madeleine.  Their efforts now are directed more toward that than anything I can see.  Considering a million dollar suit against the PLE as well.  I would be VERY surprised if they actually do that for I think things would come out they do not want told.

PERSONA NON GRATA

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1952 on: November 11, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »

I appreciate all posts on this subject. All of your speculations are excellent. I personally cannot imagine that the McCanns were involved and recruited all their friends to help in a cover up.

To me, this is where the theories are not logical. What type of connection did they have to the McCanns that they would risk going to jail for their support of the McCanns?  What hold could Kate and Gerry possibly have on them?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1953 on: November 11, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »

I appreciate all posts on this subject. All of your speculations are excellent. I personally cannot imagine that the McCanns were involved and recruited all their friends to help in a cover up.

To me, this is where the theories are not logical. What type of connection did they have to the McCanns that they would risk going to jail for their support of the McCanns?  What hold could Kate and Gerry possibly have on them?

Louise ... I do not know if the McCann's friends were involved in any coverup in regards to an unfortunate incident that may have resulted in Madeleine's death but ... obviously the PLE have some concerns regarding inconsistencies in their statements.

If and ... I say if ... any of the friends were involved in a coverup ... I would suspect that it was not because of any "hold" the McCann's had over them but ... out of a misguided sense of loyalty to their friends.  It was a plan put into action without first considering the consequences ... without first considering the possible outcomes.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++= 

From The Sunday TimesNovember 11, 2007

Madeleine McCann friends face questioning as official suspects

Alipio Ribeiro, national director of the Policia Judiciaria, said last month that formal letters requesting interviews with the friends of the McCanns had been drawn up.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2848076.ece

++++++++++++++++

Rob - tell me more about this doctor, I haven't followed the case close enough.  Was this someone that was on vacation with their group?

<snipped>

His name is Doctor O'Brien if I am not mistaken. He is the person alleged to have been wiretapped and self implicated. He denies all charges and implications. He insists he is innocent and stayed in Portugal to offer moral support for the McCanns, his good friends. The McCanns appear to be 10 -15 years younger than the Doctor. He seems to be a mentor to Gerry or Kate, not sure which one. All Doctors have mentors.

<snipped>

_____

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1954 on: November 11, 2007, 09:22:16 PM »

Janet wrote: "If and ... I say if ... any of the friends were involved in a coverup ... I would suspect that it was not because of any "hold" the McCann's had over them but ... out of a misguided sense of loyalty to their friends.  It was a plan put into action without first considering the consequences ... without first considering the possible outcomes."

Janet, these are intelligent people. I don't believe that the friends supported the McCanns out of a misguided sense of loyalty or that they did so without considering the consequences  ... unless they were totally convinced by the McCanns that Madeleine was abducted. They allowed themselves to become accomplices.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1955 on: November 11, 2007, 10:17:31 PM »

Janet wrote: "If and ... I say if ... any of the friends were involved in a coverup ... I would suspect that it was not because of any "hold" the McCann's had over them but ... out of a misguided sense of loyalty to their friends.  It was a plan put into action without first considering the consequences ... without first considering the possible outcomes."

Janet, these are intelligent people. I don't believe that the friends supported the McCanns out of a misguided sense of loyalty or that they did so without considering the consequences  ... unless they were totally convinced by the McCanns that Madeleine was abducted. They allowed themselves to become accomplices.

Louise ... I do not understand your reasoning.  If the McCann's were convinced that Madeleine was abducted ... how would they become accomplices?

I believe you give the McCanns and their friends too much credit in regards to intelligence.  It was a very unwise ... downright stupid ... of all of them to leave their precious children alone ... out of earshot ... defenceless against unforeseen dangers ... for any length of time.  One of the McCann's  friends claimed he checked on his sick daughter ... changed her sheets and ... returned to the Tapa bar.  Shocked

Louise ... my 9 year old grandson is aware that younger children should not be left alone.  I was about to drive Zach to a birthday party when he became very upset.  He thought I was going to leave his younger brother (4) in the house alone while I made the 5 minute drive to his friend's home.  Unknown to him his father had come home earlier and ... was in the computer room.

This incident with my grandson took place last week and ... I immediately thought about the McCanns and their friends.

Louise ... the friends of the McCann each made an unwise regretable decision to leave their precious children alone ... maybe ... just maybe ... out of a misguided sense of loyalty ...

Hey ... I do not know but ... considering the PLE's interest in their inconsistent statements ...

Janet

_____

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1956 on: November 12, 2007, 03:21:56 PM »

I'm not sure I trust the PLE either, nor any of their theories. I think the investigation is so botched that it will be, if not impossible, extremely difficult to ever find Madeleine. There is plenty of blame to go around, starting with the parents for leaving their children alone all the way up to the Portuguese police for mishandling the case.
It's just shameful.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1957 on: November 12, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »

Excellent post pdh3!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1958 on: November 12, 2007, 08:04:53 PM »

I agree that the the PLE investigation was just plain incompetent ... not corrupt ... in the beginning of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  It took this law enforcement almost three months to get their act together and ... focus the investigation where it should have been focused in the beginning ... on the last persons in the company of Madeleine McCann ... the parents.

In getting their act together that PLE requested the assistance of the British technology in wiretapping ... forensic searches of the apartment where Madeleine was allegedly abducted and ... forensic  searches of the vehicle that Madeleine was allegedly place 25 days after she went missing.

In getting their act together ... the PLE requestion the McCanns ... declared them formal suspects in the highest degree.  Their file was past to the prosecutor and ... then past to the judge.

In the past month the prosecutor has made an official statement to the media that the friends of the McCanns will be requestioned because of inconsistencies in their statements.

I am willing to wait and see how this all plays out prior to giving the last persons to be observed with Madeleine McCann a free pass.

Janet

_____

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #1959 on: November 13, 2007, 01:27:29 PM »

In europe again a corruption law and police system..... the next is Portugal.
After the law and police system in Aruba and the Netherlands, now also corruption in McCann case in Portugal.

The corruption would not stop! What is the next country?????????

'McCann Investigation Flawed From Start'
By Martin Brunt
Sky News crime correspondent
Updated:14:46, Tuesday November 13, 2007

The Portuguese police are "corrupt" and conducted a "flawed" investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance, according to a British MEP.

Police at scene in Praia da Luz"The Portuguese police and judicial system is known to be suspect," says a letter from the office of Roger Knapman.

The letter from the MEP for the South West of England added: "Elements of the police are corrupt... the original police investigation was amateurish and flawed.

"It is important to realise that Portugal has no real history of citizen's rights and liberties or democracy."

The letter was written on Mr Knapman's behalf, in reply to a woman who lobbied several MEPs complaining of the damage the case was doing to UK-Portugal relations.

The woman accused the British Government and Gordon Brown of using political pressure to allow the McCanns to "avoid the consequences of Portugal's legal system".

The MEP's letter says it is absurd to suggest the Prime Minister is involved in a cover-up.

Missing Madeleine McCannIt points out that Portugal became a democracy only 30 years ago. "Many of the police were trained under fascism and the institutions still bear the impact of this long period of dictatorship."

It adds: "In all the circumstances it is entirely right that British citizens should be protected against an unreliable foreign system.

"In any event I think you can rest assured that the British police and intelligence services have long had a better grip on the facts of this case than the Portuguese police."

The letter was written by Piers Merchant, a former Tory MP who was forced to quit after his affair with a 17-year-old was exposed by The Sun. He now works as an assistant to Mr Knapman at the UK Independence Party.

When Sky News' crime correspondent Martin Brunt asked Mr Knapman about the letter, he said: "It sounds fair enough. Piers has very carefully investigated this matter and responded on my behalf."

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.