March 29, 2024, 07:51:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Raspberry beer and butcher block  (Read 4215 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« on: May 15, 2007, 04:04:20 AM »

Hi!

Ok insomnia again and my neighbor suggested since the Ambien wasn't working I should do a more 'natural thing' (say what??)

Anyway, I have before me "Smooth Blue Banshee"  by Seagrams from Trader Joes...it says it's a malt blue raspberry drink. That sure wasn't the "natural thing" I would have chosen but...

This blue stuff is smooth alright! each sip makes the chest warm! and she gave me some "chewable peppermint flavored Melatonin". Gee. raspberry and peppermint.

While I am waiting for this to get me to sleep, I decided to measure my kitchen.

My late mom used to say I could be "hard-headed" at times and she's right. I bought a butcherblock 59 1/2 inches for $50 plus $25 shipping on eBay (Fla. to CA)

I figured I would saw the thing down to fit the kitchen for the price was so good for the quality of butcherblock and it was new in the box, too... as some of you know I live in a 47 yr. old trailer. I dislike my kitchen. It's very small and dark. I used to have a home with a very large, beautiful kitchen with lots of cabinets and light and somewhere to look outside, so got spoiled.

Well, while waiting for sleep I have measured the kitchen and have found that if I cut it (the butcherblock) at a certain amount of inches. it will fit between the corner where the sink is to the pantry and the part cut off fits exactly between the stove and sink. It's just larger (25 1.2) than the existing counter top.. oh well, will address that challenge tomorrow.

I am happy. Now I just have to figure how to fill in around the sink and corner... again, tho the price was right.

Later this week I am hoping one of the Vets at the Legion will let me tie it on my car and go over to his house and he will use his saw.

Oh.. I don't drink like I used to when younger for now I get almost instant hangovers, but this blue stuff sure makes the chest warm. Laughing  Laughing

The way life turned a few years ago, I needed a place to live and not much time. I fell in love with this place as it has a cape code like feel to it and has an add=on. Well, I didn't measure if I could get my bedroom furniture into it.

After I bought it I found I couldn't get my furniture into the BR by the existing hallway... so a friend and I took a saw and sawed a big hole right through the trailer part=wall into the add=on and therefore instantly expanded my bedroom. PS.. it's an unusual mobile home complex.. we "own" the land like condos do. Never, ever, would think I would end up in a trailer, but I sit here and let the equity build.

Thanks for listening. Luv ya, IBE gads, this stuff is like a hot toddy and I am still awake! It's pretty and the bottle is nice looking too.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »

Hi IBE!

So did the Blue Raspberry "Smooth Blue Banshee" work? Even if it didn't It sounds good.

I saw your post about Cracker Barrel today on the LCD.  Wish there was a way to send you some.  Next time I go i will look for the cinnamon marshmallow candy you were talking about.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:55:55 PM »

Read your post and got a little chuckle.

With regards to the extra space around the kitchen sink, if I am reading correctly, maybe you could trim it out in a solid wood trim stained the same color as the butcher block. You would have to waterproof with something good, maybe some marine grade varnish. Just a thought....

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 01:00:26 PM »

IBE ~ I sure enjoy listening to you talk ~ you bring smiles to me!  Very Happy

Hope to hear how the countertop turns out ~
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 03:09:09 AM »

Loved hearing your responding. Would has become busy, with Kitchen dreaming, health and cleaning up papers and resports from being Auxiliary Pres of 4 out of 5 yrs. then clean the car, getting the dog computer thinging in the dog, his shots, the monitoring money, the liscene...all add up to $200 and the City it had to be done July!..I heard about it Jun6 and have taken a good chunk from my budgets. OH..

Thaks, LOVE,  IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 04:48:56 PM »

I'm sorry that you are having difficulty sleeping, IBE. Have you gone through the whole sleep study route, consulted with a psychiatrist, etc.? Btw, don't take the Ambien and drink on the same night.

I am tickled about your butcher block project! Please post progress pics!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 11:22:31 PM »

Update

No blue stuff around! But a friend did cut the butcher block so one piece will (in theory) fit between the pantry to where the corner of the other counter hits and I have just the right size left of the cutting to fit between the stove and sink.
Thank you
for your help hints and making me laugh too. Now I need to sand the wood and oil it and put it on the counter.. This makes the space smaller now between the counter top and the bottom of the overhead cabinets. Oh well.... think about that next week.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 11:23:58 PM »

If I take Ambiem it works Ambiem CR is too icky.. would loose my memory or what I have left of it during the night when I wasn't asleep. Wicked stuff.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.