April 26, 2024, 02:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #621 5/15 - 5/16/2007  (Read 140318 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: May 16, 2007, 08:43:02 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
I was listening to Fox around noon today and that lawyer that has been on Pretzer’s program made a good point about the Maddy McCann case.  She said most everyone probably had problems with the parents leaving those kids alone, but there is 100% guilt involved with whoever took her.  It would only detract from the effort to find that person to beat up on the parents at this time.  They will do that to themselves for the rest of their lives.

Did you see they are questioning another person, a Russian friend of that other guy?

I was watching NG.  She and her panel were beating on the parents pretty bad.  I never left my kids alone at that age and even when we could get a babysitter we were constantly calling.  But, someone took the little girl and that is where the focus needs to be.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: May 16, 2007, 08:44:58 PM »

I was listening to Fox around noon today and that lawyer that has been on Pretzer’s program made a good point about the Maddy McCann case.  She said most everyone probably had problems with the parents leaving those kids alone, but there is 100% guilt involved with whoever took her.  It would only detract from the effort to find that person to beat up on the parents at this time.  They will do that to themselves for the rest of their lives.

Right now may or may not be the time to beat up on the parents.  The person that took Maddy is 100% responsible.  That said, I personally believe the parents have responsibility to watch their children.  What about the parent that was in a hurry and didn't latch down the car seat and there was an accident and the infant died?  I have travelled all over the world with my two sons and never, and I mean never did I or would I have left them.  No, not for for 30 minutes.  Not even with doors/windows locked.  No dinner, movie or diversion was that dang important that we would leave the kids.  What if there was a fire?  Etc.  Yes, I am very, very sorry for the parents. It must be hell for them.  But most of all, I am sorry for little Addy.  One, she didn't have parents that watched over her and two, there were predators that took her.  The parents can be "sorry" all day long, and in the end, it's Maddy that suffers the most.  Off soap box now.  Go ahead and flame away...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: May 16, 2007, 08:46:14 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"

Easy- I have been following this case since day one and found a picture today that really turned me off... wanna see it?

I doubt the person that took her feels any guilt... Predators feel no guilt. I do feel bad for the parents and blaming them is not right. They made a huge mistake... and there are people where I live that still do not lock their doors at nite... that is inviting problems imo...

I don't want to see any pictures that involve harming children.  Bothers me to much and sticks with me.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #803 on: May 16, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
casa-Wang comes and goes.I think when they're not posting by one nic they just take on a new one Laughing  Wink

You're probably right about that!!!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #804 on: May 16, 2007, 08:47:16 PM »

Muffy- No flames here. I agree.

The focus needs to be on finding Maddy.. she is the VICTIM.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #805 on: May 16, 2007, 08:48:39 PM »

I don't want to see any pictures that involve harming children.  Bothers me to much and sticks with me.

This is not a picture of anyone harming a child. I would never ever post anything like that...it's of her parents.

+++

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #806 on: May 16, 2007, 08:49:55 PM »

Who is that angry little woman on NG tonight?   Shocked
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #807 on: May 16, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »

This is not a picture of anyone harming a child. I would never ever post anything like that...it's of her parents.

Okay, now you have me curious.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: May 16, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »

Back on soap box for a sec: Punishment for crimes against children, the elderly and disabled are not strong enough.  I hope they find little Maddy and she is reunited with her family and the monsters that took her do hard time.  Whatever happened to the chain gang and breaking rocks or whatever?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #809 on: May 16, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »

Okay, now you have me curious.

+++

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: May 16, 2007, 08:57:24 PM »

I see what you mean.  Shades of that notorious birthday party with the silly string.....
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: May 16, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »

Today I went to a farmers market, and Auction type place. There was a woman who had two kids on what looked like leashes. At first I thought...wth? that's awful. Then my mind went to that Maddy missing and then i thought...I guess she is afraid one of her kids could wander off or be snatched in the crowd today. I ended up thinking that maybe this woman who had her two kids on the leash/harness system just wants her kids to be safe. There are some bad people in this world and being aware of that is important.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: May 16, 2007, 08:59:02 PM »

You know, if Madeleine is alive, the perps won't be able to disguise her because she has that strange thing going on with the iris and pupil in her right eye.

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #813 on: May 16, 2007, 08:59:55 PM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"

Right now may or may not be the time to beat up on the parents.  The person that took Maddy is 100% responsible.  That said, I personally believe the parents have responsibility to watch their children.  What about the parent that was in a hurry and didn't latch down the car seat and there was an accident and the infant died?  I have travelled all over the world with my two sons and never, and I mean never did I or would I have left them.  No, not for for 30 minutes.  Not even with doors/windows locked.  No dinner, movie or diversion was that dang important that we would leave the kids.  What if there was a fire?  Etc.  Yes, I am very, very sorry for the parents. It must be hell for them.  But most of all, I am sorry for little Addy.  One, she didn't have parents that watched over her and two, there were predators that took her.  The parents can be "sorry" all day long, and in the end, it's Maddy that suffers the most.  Off soap box now.  Go ahead and flame away...

Well, I am going to be honest about it.  I left one of mine in a town in Texas one night when I was traveling and stopped to get gas and pay for it.  They were asleep in the back of the station wagon, and when I got back in I thought they were all three still asleep.  About 30 minutes down the road, the oldest asked me why I left his brother at the gas station.  I almost got killed by stopping so fast in front of an 18-wheeler and turning on the interstate when he said that.  I got back and he was fine.  That was a long time ago.  Nowadays I probably would have them on a dog leash or something.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #814 on: May 16, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »

I see what you mean.  Shades of that notorious birthday party with the silly string.....

Bingo-
Easy this reminds me of something Meri told me... she is one smart lady.. and she said these people are not celebs, they are parents of a missing child. She said that about Beth and Dave, who I believe never wanted any attention except they need it to find Natalee.

I'm not going to say anymore about the McCann's.

+++

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: May 16, 2007, 09:03:35 PM »

Back on soap box for a sec: Punishment for crimes against children, the elderly and disabled are not strong enough.  I hope they find little Maddy and she is reunited with her family and the monsters that took her do hard time.  Whatever happened to the chain gang and breaking rocks or whatever?

A STANDING OVATION TO YOU, MYFAVORITEBEE.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: May 16, 2007, 09:04:23 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

Well, I am going to be honest about it.  I left one of mine in a town in Texas one night when I was traveling and stopped to get gas and pay for it.  They were asleep in the back of the station wagon, and when I got back in I thought they were all three still asleep.  About 30 minutes down the road, the oldest asked me why I left his brother at the gas station.  I almost got killed by stopping so fast in front of an 18-wheeler and turning on the interstate when he said that.  I got back and he was fine.  That was a long time ago.  Nowadays I probably would have them on a dog leash or something.

Gosh-I can't even imagine the fear that must've went through you at that time.I'm glad your child was ok.

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: May 16, 2007, 09:05:47 PM »

Too many Criminal's Rights activists out there making a lot of noise - most of the jail inmates are in better conditions than they ever had when at home.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #818 on: May 16, 2007, 09:07:08 PM »

Tylergal- I appreciate your honesty. I'm sure that was hard to admit... and it was also a different era.

+++

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #819 on: May 16, 2007, 09:07:36 PM »

Bingo-
Easy this reminds me of something Meri told me... she is one smart lady.. and she said these people are not celebs, they are parents of a missing child. She said that about Beth and Dave, who I believe never wanted any attention except they need it to find Natalee.

I'm not going to say anymore about the McCann's.

I'm not going to say anymore about them either, because that was just a moment in time and we don't know anything more that how it looks.

Tonight it was said they had been there for about 14 days and were in a habit of putting the kids to bed and then going somewhere close by for dinner.  That makes it obvious that someone was watching them and aware of their routine.  That would make me look at other guest and employees at the place where they were staying.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.