April 27, 2024, 10:47:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS  (Read 4554 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 14, 2011, 05:29:45 PM »

Please post news and articles concerning Caylee's Law or similar laws for the State of Maine in this thread.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:32:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »

Well wtf do you know...this pissass state gets on board..........

July 18

Maine senator proposes 'Caylee's Law'

::snipping2::

Sen. Michael Thibodeau said Monday his proposal is modeled after Caylee's Law, a bill recently submitted in Florida's legislature in response to case of Casey Anthony, who did not her report her 2-year-old daughter's disappearance for a month. Anthony was arrested after telling police a series of lies, but was acquitted of murder on July 5.

Thibodeau, a Republican from Winterport, said the goal of his legislation to be submitted in January is to make sure there's timely reporting in cases of murder or accidental death involving children. Under current Maine law, failure to report a child missing or dead is not a crime.
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Senator-proposes-caylees-law.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »

Maine bill prompted by Caylee Anthony case
By: The Associated Press | 10/31/11 1:37 PM
The Associated Press

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2011/10/maine-bill-prompted-caylee-anthony-case#ixzz1cNwyFTPU

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 09:55:50 AM »

Was just reading this in Bangor paper

To avoid another Caylee Anthony, Maine bill would require reporting missing children

Last modified Nov. 01, 2011, at 5:57 a.m
AUGUSTA, Maine — The case of Caylee Anthony, the 2-year-old whose 2008 disappearance in Florida drew national attention, has prompted a push in Maine for legislation that would require prompt reporting of missing children.

Legislative leaders on Monday voted to consider a bill next year that would increase criminal penalties for failing to report a missing child within 24 hours.

“I had probably at least 50 e-mails from constituents asking me to submit this bill,” said its sponsor, Rep. Anna Blodgett. The Augusta Democrat said several other legislators also told her they support for the idea.

Blodgett’s proposal was one of a half dozen addressing the Anthony case that were considered Monday by the Legislative Council, the 10 House and Senate leaders from both parties. Council must approve all nonemergency bills to be considered during the second year of a two-year session.

Blodgett said hers was admitted because it was the first of those prompted by the Anthony case to be submitted.

Of the nearly 300 proposals addressing a range of issues, fewer than half were allowed in for consideration in 2012. The proposals are not yet drafted so their details are not yet known.

Blodgett said her bill addressing missing children is “straightforward” and was inspired in small part by her granddaughter, whose name is Kaleigh.

“I think it was meant to be,” she said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/10/31/politics/caylee-anthony-case-prompts-maine-reporting-bill/?ref=region

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »

http://www.necn.com/03/13/12/Maine-House-rejects-Caylees-Law-bill/landing_nation.html?&apID=1d1a3467182d4749a069e55aaba2ad46

Maine House rejects 'Caylee's Law' bill
Mar 13, 2012 11:50am

AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — A bill requiring notification of authorities when a child is missing, prompted by the Caylee Anthony case in Florida, has been overwhelmingly rejected by the Maine House.

Representatives voted 110-31 on Tuesday to kill a bill making it a crime to fail to report a missing child under 13 years of age or to fail to cooperate in the investigation of the death of a child.
But opponents said that while the bill may have a feel-good effect, it poses serious constitutional problems. They said it violates the constitutional protection against self-incrimination.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.