April 18, 2024, 01:42:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #622 5/16- 5/17/2007  (Read 144659 times)
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: May 17, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
It's the first time I've seen one in ages,  but I am dead serious.  I was beautiful,  I was excited to see where it was.  When I saw Aruba,  I honestly do NOT believe it was taped there.  Nothing in it shows anything from any pics. I've ever seen from there.

We never see any of those ads over here - heck, even the travel agents have not heard of Aruba.  
We get ads for Fiji, Vanuatu and all those Pacific islands, plus northern Queensland etc.  The scenes are right out of a picture book but bear little resemblance to the actual places.   Must be some photoshopping done I think.

When I went on a cruise to several hot, nasty islands many years ago, I noticed the same thing. The islands looked nowhere near as good as the photos advertising them. Actually, the only place I've ever seen that looked better than the advertising photos is England.

Sorta like the fast food burger and pizza commercials.  They all look so good when you see them on TV but when you buy one it's just not what it looked like on TV.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #621 on: May 17, 2007, 09:39:09 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
<-been catching salamanders fro the last couple days

and some Newts <-------- Cool

Well....ewwww

Umm....why?

I Stand With The Girl
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: May 17, 2007, 09:39:28 PM »

<---------been shipping maple syrup over to my mates in australia
for years... i think they eat all the time  Shocked

Cool

eat the syrup all the time is what i meant

ice cream
cereal
rolls
they love it  Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #623 on: May 17, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Ok, off <crawling> to corner to hide  Embarassed  as usual, I seem to be invisible here most of the time (except for a few regular posters who respond to me  Wink ).  Especially since I've been home and trying to post more.  Crying or Very sad

Maybe I should ask Robots for his magic on lifting my invisibility...  

Dont' feel that way Dihannah - it get's busy and sometimes we get on certain topics and respond only to that post.  Then if you don't read back you miss some posts.

Nobody is ignoring you...honest!

Klaas, I understand that. I'm know I'm one of them.  It just seems to happen to me pretty frequently, over the past 2 years, Not always!  I usually just ignore it and go back to lurking.   YOU always see me  Wink
But your just special that way!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: May 17, 2007, 09:40:06 PM »

It's the first time I've seen one in ages,  but I am dead serious.  I was beautiful,  I was excited to see where it was.  When I saw Aruba,  I honestly do NOT believe it was taped there.  Nothing in it shows anything from any pics. I've ever seen from there.

So the photos in the commercial didn't look like the REAL Aruba, lol  Laughing   Just like "One Happy Island", more false advertising!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #625 on: May 17, 2007, 09:40:24 PM »

We never see any of those ads over here - heck, even the travel agents have not heard of Aruba.  
We get ads for Fiji, Vanuatu and all those Pacific islands, plus northern Queensland etc.  The scenes are right out of a picture book but bear little resemblance to the actual places.   Must be some photoshopping done I think.

My dream vactaion spot is Australia!  I'm serious, you have it ALL and then some!  Laughing

We have the same sort of variety you have in the States - everything from snow resorts to desert.  And we speaka da Eeenglish!
I agree with BT, too.  A lot of those places are dirty, smelly and downright frightening.  A lot of the Asian holiday places are like that - just a false front for the tourists and abject poverty in the background.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: May 17, 2007, 09:40:42 PM »

BT,

I went on those hot nasty island tour cruises, too, and now I really can't even remember one hot nasty island from another, they just all ran together by the time I got home.  Hot, smelly, filthy except for the hotel district and often even ugly except for the resort areas.

Yet they seem to hold a special appeal to a certain segment of the population, maybe people from colder climates?  Dunno but I sure don't want to go back ever.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: May 17, 2007, 09:40:54 PM »

Well....ewwww

Umm....why?

cause they are cooooooooooooooooolll

i keep em for a day and let em go

i like dinosaurs and reptiles and especially spiders  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #628 on: May 17, 2007, 09:41:18 PM »

So the photos in the commercial didn't look like the REAL Aruba, lol  Laughing   Just like "One Happy Island", more false advertising!

No Way!  I've been to the Bahamas, the only Carribean Island I've been to.  But THAT commercial was NOT Aruba.  I have no doubt about it!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #629 on: May 17, 2007, 09:41:41 PM »

Ok, off <crawling> to corner to hide  Embarassed  as usual, I seem to be invisible here most of the time (except for a few regular posters who respond to me  Wink ).  Especially since I've been home and trying to post more.  Crying or Very sad

Maybe I should ask Robots for his magic on lifting my invisibility...  

Dont' feel that way Dihannah - it get's busy and sometimes we get on certain topics and respond only to that post.  Then if you don't read back you miss some posts.

Nobody is ignoring you...honest!

im not ignoring you

promise  Wink

Klaas, I understand that. I'm know I'm one of them.  It just seems to happen to me pretty frequently, over the past 2 years, Not always!  I usually just ignore it and go back to lurking.   YOU always see me  Wink
But your just special that way!

- A Horse's Tale
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: May 17, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »

Well....ewwww

Umm....why?

Well, shucks.  I was hoping for some high falutin' experiment!   Wink

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: May 17, 2007, 09:42:21 PM »

im not ignoring you

promise   Laughing   Cool

- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: May 17, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »

No Way!  I've been to the Bahamas, the only Carribean Island I've been to.  But THAT commercial was NOT Aruba.  I have no doubt about it!

Well now I'll have to find that commercial! You have me curious!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: May 17, 2007, 09:42:46 PM »

<---------been shipping maple syrup over to my mates in australia
for years... i think they eat all the time  Shocked

Cool

Maple Syrup ! !! !  Smile  Smile  Smile
That is so Canadian.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #634 on: May 17, 2007, 09:42:58 PM »

We have the same sort of variety you have in the States - everything from snow resorts to desert.  And we speaka da Eeenglish!
I agree with BT, too.  A lot of those places are dirty, smelly and downright frightening.  A lot of the Asian holiday places are like that - just a false front for the tourists and abject poverty in the background.

While I've been talking to y'all, I've been watching a travel show about Nepal, and now I want to go there.

They showed a small town where every morining the people who live there come out and stand on their flat roofs and silently watch the sunrise over the Himalayas. The people are gorgeous and seem so full of pleasure in life.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #635 on: May 17, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »

Quote from: "Lifesong"

Well....ewwww

Umm....why?

well, the last "sperimentin" i did with an animal ended up with me getting
chased by a mother BULL  Shocked

- A Horse's Tale
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:03 PM »

Hope you are not planning to ship those here as well  Shocked  Shocked

It is difficult to find real maple syrup in the shops here - mostly some sort of artificial gunk.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #637 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »

Quote from: "Lifesong"

Well....ewwww

Umm....why?

well, the last "sperimentin" i did with an animal ended up with me getting
chased by a mother BULL  Shocked

MOOSE ....... is the word i was looking for

dont hide behind a tree... they just knock em down

i dont hunt, but i do like to hike  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #638 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
BT,

I went on those hot nasty island tour cruises, too, and now I really can't even remember one hot nasty island from another, they just all ran together by the time I got home.  Hot, smelly, filthy except for the hotel district and often even ugly except for the resort areas.

Yet they seem to hold a special appeal to a certain segment of the population, maybe people from colder climates?  Dunno but I sure don't want to go back ever.

I have an album of pictures from that cruise, Anna, and when people ask me which island is which, I can't tell them apart.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: May 17, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »

Dihannah - I worked from home today and had the tv on in the background.  Got tired of hearing the Today show so I flipped it over to Regis & Kelly - they did this spin the wheel thing to give a trip away to a viewer who was on the phone - the wheel landed on some resort I'd never heard of in Aruba.   Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad   The called got the question right and won the trip to Aruba and I turned back to the Today show.  Will never flip over to R & K again, that's for sure!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.