April 25, 2024, 09:57:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #622 5/16- 5/17/2007  (Read 144733 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #660 on: May 17, 2007, 09:53:30 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
It's the first time I've seen one in ages,  but I am dead serious.  I was beautiful,  I was excited to see where it was.  When I saw Aruba,  I honestly do NOT believe it was taped there.  Nothing in it shows anything from any pics. I've ever seen from there.

We never see any of those ads over here - heck, even the travel agents have not heard of Aruba.  
We get ads for Fiji, Vanuatu and all those Pacific islands, plus northern Queensland etc.  The scenes are right out of a picture book but bear little resemblance to the actual places.   Must be some photoshopping done I think.

My dream vactaion spot is Australia!  I'm serious, you have it ALL and then some!  Laughing

Well, we would relocate to Australia but for our age.  If I was 30-40, I would be gone in a heartbeat.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #661 on: May 17, 2007, 09:54:02 PM »

For HotShot

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: May 17, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »

Robots - I'd say brownish yellow with spots.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: May 17, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »

Quote from: "Kermit"
For HotShot

lol  Laughing
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: May 17, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
We have the same sort of variety you have in the States - everything from snow resorts to desert.  And we speaka da Eeenglish!
I agree with BT, too.  A lot of those places are dirty, smelly and downright frightening.  A lot of the Asian holiday places are like that - just a false front for the tourists and abject poverty in the background.

While I've been talking to y'all, I've been watching a travel show about Nepal, and now I want to go there.

They showed a small town where every morining the people who live there come out and stand on their flat roofs and silently watch the sunrise over the Himalayas. The people are gorgeous and seem so full of pleasure in life.  Very Happy

Nepal is among the poorest countries in the world like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Gambia, Haiti, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, and Zambia. Nepal's annual economic growth rate is less than 2 percent. According to CIA World Fact book, March 2005, Nepal is the 48th poorest country in the world.
http://www.nepalvista.com/realnepal/poverty.html

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #665 on: May 17, 2007, 09:55:40 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "robots"
Quote from: "robots"
im not ignoring you

promise   Laughing   Cool

I'm only ignoring Robots, lol  Laughing

I found a salamander in my shower about a year ago.  I've never seen one before in our area and there one was, in our shower!  I caught him and let him lose in the grass. Laughing

wow...thats a shocker Shocked

i think that is what we call a peeper-mander  Cool

did he have spots ??
what color ?

yellow ?

red ?

blue ?

Looked kindof like this guy:

http://www.yosemite.ca.us/library/reptiles/images/mount_lyell_salamander.jpg

yes, i am familiar with that variety

very common, usually quite small - brownish black with very little color
spots if any
can move very quickly when aroused....errrr..ahh  i mean frightened  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: May 17, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »

Nite - be back tomorrow.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #667 on: May 17, 2007, 09:56:21 PM »

Robots - I'd say brownish yellow with spots.

dark spots ?

- A Horse's Tale
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #668 on: May 17, 2007, 09:56:30 PM »

Quote from: "Kermit"
For HotShot

Our sweet flycatcher.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: May 17, 2007, 09:56:57 PM »

We have the same sort of variety you have in the States - everything from snow resorts to desert.  And we speaka da Eeenglish!
I agree with BT, too.  A lot of those places are dirty, smelly and downright frightening.  A lot of the Asian holiday places are like that - just a false front for the tourists and abject poverty in the background.

While I've been talking to y'all, I've been watching a travel show about Nepal, and now I want to go there.

They showed a small town where every morining the people who live there come out and stand on their flat roofs and silently watch the sunrise over the Himalayas. The people are gorgeous and seem so full of pleasure in life.  Very Happy

That is where I would love to go also.  Such lovely people with a simple lifestyle and philosophy of life.

I think I could be very happy spending a lot of time there.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #670 on: May 17, 2007, 09:57:27 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
Nite - be back tomorrow.

Nite IndyDan. Take care.

I Stand With The Girl
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #671 on: May 17, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »

(Ambystoma maculata) Cool

is what i caught the other day

- A Horse's Tale
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #672 on: May 17, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »

O/T, but thanks your prayers last Fri. during my surgery.
I just wanted to tell you, I talked for the first time today (supposed to wait til tomorrow), and my voice sounds much better, except for it being a little choppy and shaky from surgery and noy talking for a week.  I'm so excited to get my normal voice back.  One more surgery to go!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: May 17, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
Nite - be back tomorrow.

Nite, Indy.  Sweet dreams.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: May 17, 2007, 09:59:08 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
It's the first time I've seen one in ages,  but I am dead serious.  I was beautiful,  I was excited to see where it was.  When I saw Aruba,  I honestly do NOT believe it was taped there.  Nothing in it shows anything from any pics. I've ever seen from there.

We never see any of those ads over here - heck, even the travel agents have not heard of Aruba.  
We get ads for Fiji, Vanuatu and all those Pacific islands, plus northern Queensland etc.  The scenes are right out of a picture book but bear little resemblance to the actual places.   Must be some photoshopping done I think.

My dream vactaion spot is Australia!  I'm serious, you have it ALL and then some!  Laughing

Howdy Monkeys, can hardly keep up with the posting tonight. I'll add my 2 cents and say if I could travel anywhere ....I'd like to go to New Zealand.
I have a Corgi as a pooch and wouldn't have any other type of dog......I'm a one dog Monkey I guess you could say.

Hi bb - when I run out of things to put in my Aussie thread I will add some of New Zealand.  They often say that NZ should become our seventh state.  There are a lot of them living here too.

BTW I like Corgis too.   Had one once and she was such a sweetie.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #675 on: May 17, 2007, 09:59:46 PM »

Evening Miss Tylergal.

Cool
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #676 on: May 17, 2007, 09:59:53 PM »

So the photos in the commercial didn't look like the REAL Aruba, lol  Laughing   Just like "One Happy Island", more false advertising!

No Way!  I've been to the Bahamas, the only Carribean Island I've been to.  But THAT commercial was NOT Aruba.  I have no doubt about it!

Well now I'll have to find that commercial! You have me curious!

here it is-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc4YvAbMqcU

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #677 on: May 17, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"

Nepal is among the poorest countries in the world like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Gambia, Haiti, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, and Zambia. Nepal's annual economic growth rate is less than 2 percent. According to CIA World Fact book, March 2005, Nepal is the 48th poorest country in the world.
http://www.nepalvista.com/realnepal/poverty.html

Yeah, but it doesn't seem to be a problem there. The people look very healthy and happy. The lifestyle is extremely simple - kind of like people would have lived hundreds of years ago. It doesn't look like countries that are affected by poverty by having their residents be homeless and hungry.

I Stand With The Girl
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: May 17, 2007, 10:00:55 PM »

This is the new front page post.  I find it very interresting.  Wonder what locked room these women were trying to get into?

Governor-cabinet takes attack seriously  

ORANJESTAD – The Cabinet of the Governor of Aruba has taken extra security measures after two female strangers jammed into the building last Friday, by pushing down an employee of the Representation of the Netherlands when she opened the door, and they took the key with them.  

“This is very badly and we take this matter very seriously”, said Harold Boersen, director of the Cabinet.   The two women were in the building for two minutes, before the alarm sounded and they ran away.  The images of the woman taken by the security system of the Cabinet were handed over to the detective.  A thorough investigation didn’t reveal any damages caused by this incident.  The lock of which the women had taken the key, was changed.  The women have only entered the public area of the Cabinet.  As a result of the incident, the Cabinet had consulted the superintended Peter de Witte.  Hopefully the police will soon identify the two female trespassers and take actions against them.  Security has meanwhile been increased and the entrance of the public has been tightened.  
http://www.amigoe.com/english/

Wonder if this is the area the KLPD have been keeping their stuff?

Wonder if these "women" got away on a broom?   Cool

Hiya Monkeys

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:04 PM »

O/T, but thanks your prayers last Fri. during my surgery.
I just wanted to tell you, I talked for the first time today (supposed to wait til tomorrow), and my voice sounds much better, except for it being a little choppy and shaky from surgery and noy talking for a week.  I'm so excited to get my normal voice back.  One more surgery to go!

Glad to hear you're doing so well!  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.