April 19, 2024, 03:16:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING TO PET OWNERS - 60 Mil Cont's of Pet Food Recalled  (Read 58042 times)
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2007, 11:50:49 PM »

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/IndyDan/?action=view&current=Uma12-29-06.jpg
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2007, 04:50:23 PM »

IndyDan & DKPEN What adorable babies.

I received this email today from the CEO of Hills. I'm not exactly sure how they know I use Hills Shocked  I'm hoping it's because I buy a lot of pet food online at Petfooddirect. Or my vet turned me in for the SD Very Happy

Anyone else get this from Hills?

Dear Sharon:

The people of Hill's are committed to earning your trust every day. As pet nutrition professionals and pet owners, we love animals as you do. Because of this, we work extremely hard to deliver nutritional products that promote the well-being and long life of your pets as well as our own.

So it is extremely troubling to Hill's people that even a single pet would ever be exposed to harmful ingredients, as has happened with the recent industry recalls. That's why we are determined to continue to lead the industry with further initiatives to safeguard pets:

Hill's is working to ensure that the very few ingredients we now get from outside North America will in the future be obtained only where food safety procedures are most reliable. In the meantime, we will continue to test all ingredients rigorously.
In honor of the special relationship we have with pets, Hill's is providing a one million dollar grant to fund a major collaborative effort among key leaders in the veterinary profession to help ensure improved pet health in the future.
Hill's is actively supporting the National Pet Food Commission in their efforts to improve pet food safety throughout the pet food industry.
We do all these things in our continuous improvement efforts to offer your pet the best food possible. You've trusted our brands for nearly sixty years because they promise:

Safety First — Our rigorous safety procedures are the foundation for your
pet's well-being.
The Best Nutrition — Precisely balanced nutrition through continuous research
and innovation to meet the specific needs of your pet.
Great Taste — The delicious taste pets love, in the varieties of flavors
you like.
Outstanding Value — The cost per day of feeding our food is less than
you think.
Highest Quality — The highest quality food backed by your veterinarian's
endorsement and our 100% guarantees.

Our commitment means simply this: you can confidently feed our products to the pets you love. We value the special love that comes from pets and the happiness they bring. Because of this, we continually strive to provide the food choices that will extend the relationship you share with your pets. This is the promise I've made to my cats, Kipper and Spot, and the promise I'm making to you and your pets.

Bob Wheeler
Chairman & CEO

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2007, 03:06:14 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:04:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2007, 03:05:32 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
Anna if they do happen to have a recall on Esbilac, I recommend goats milk. It isn't exactly cheap but it is an excellent replacement for bitches milk. Very digestible.

Thanks for the advice, Yapperz,

I will keep that in mind should there be a recall on Esbilac.

I am just uneasy with so many products now as there are reports of vets finding melamine in products that have not been recalled.

There are also all those instances of pet food companies claiming that it was added without their knowledge or permission.

And then of course, we have all been told we will not receive any compensation for anything including vet bills so we are just out of luck.

In ten years, I lost one Westie puppy to health problems.  Since this food recall began, I have now lost a total of five.  And one eight month old Yorkie.  

For those two posters who expressed doubt that I had actually done so and said I was posting that for sympathy, please don't feel sorry for me because I am not the one who died, the pups are.  And I can get a signed statement from the man who has had to come over here and bury them for me.  I took a photo of the Yorkie as well and if you are still plagued by doubts about any of my otherwise healthy animals dying, I will ask Klaas to send it to you!   Evil or Very Mad

The Yorkie's name was BeeBo and she slept on my bed every night for the last six months.  She will be missed.  I did everything I could to save her as did my vet and I incurred a vet bill of over $300.  Sudden and complete renal failure secondary to poisoning as from the tainted food.

Their kidneys apparently collect crystals of the melamine is the problem that actually kills them.  Some ate more of the wrong food than others.  The remaining Westie puppies seem fine but I am holding them back from selling them until I see for certain.

Win some, lose some as I was told.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2007, 03:09:45 PM »

A's Fever,

No, people are not dropping dead from this the way the pets are but I have to wonder if in ten years we are going to see a rash of kidney and bladder cancer for there is no way to know what this is really doing long term.

Nothing good, you can be sure of that.  They recently said not to store formula in plastic baby bottles, etc. and this would be a very similar material.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2007, 01:30:07 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
A's Fever,

No, people are not dropping dead from this the way the pets are but I have to wonder if in ten years we are going to see a rash of kidney and bladder cancer for there is no way to know what this is really doing long term.

Nothing good, you can be sure of that.  They recently said not to store formula in plastic baby bottles, etc. and this would be a very similar material.

Yes, I worry about those cancers and other long term health consequences also.  But, at this point it does not appear to be a concern, which is more encouraging than other things I've read.

Regarding those plastic baby bottles, a pediatrician wrote a commentary about that study in one of our local newspapers.  He said that the study was backed by the plastics industry and he questioned the methodology.  I think he said that in a typical study, the methodology is clearly given at the front (or back?) of the study but in this case it was completely unclear.  Obviously he questioned the results and told parents not to worry.  Now I have not followed this story in great detail so I don't know the merits of both sides of the argument, but it was an interesting piece.  I wish I had kept the darned article because I know this is of great concern to many parents.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.