April 25, 2024, 11:25:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aarone Thompson's father arrested for child abuse ending death (CONVICTED)  (Read 37709 times)
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »

Sister, I too have a renewed faith in the justice system!!  I was feeling pretty low after watching the Casey Anthony Circus for the past year.  Let alone the travesty that occurred with Robert Manwill.  When I saw the news yesterday, it was the best feeling to know Aarone had justice.  Her story could have easily be swept under the rug of society; but the police, prosecutors, judge and jury all ensured it did not!  They are all Aarone's angels!  an angelic monkey

Nut, Thank you for reposting Aarone's picture.  I just can not stop saying it....Justice for Aarone!!!!! 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

Burkie, I know what you mean about the Caylee and the case.  Truthfully, I have quit reading very much about it, makes my blood boil so quickly.
I've been trying to help with some research on the Lindsey Baum case, but I am about ready to go back to do some more research on the Sandra Cantu case.  The video of Sandra haunts me.
Again Nutt and Burkie, thanks for the updates -- and now for the sentencing.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

The Denver Post 
September 30, 2009 Wednesday

EDITORIAL
Final justice for Aaroné? We hope Aaron Thompson, who was convicted Monday in his daughter's death, will finally lead authorities to her body. 

A jury has done the difficult work of bringing Aaron Thompson to justice, but the sad tale of his daughter, Aaroné, is not yet over.

Thompson, who was painted by the prosecution during his trial as a ruthless and neglectful father, to say the very least, needs to lead investigators to his daughter's hidden grave.

It won't atone for his crimes, but it will give the little girl the dignity in death that she was stripped of in her young life.

As Aaroné's mother, estranged from the family for years, put it after the verdict was announced, the little girl's body shouldn't be "out there, buried like roadkill. … She's out there in the dirt, with no pretty dress on."

Arapahoe County jurors found Aaron Thompson guilty of most of the counts against him, including the most serious charge of child abuse resulting in the death of his daughter. He could spend the rest of his life in jail.

Prosecutors worked to overcome many complications in the trial, foremost among them that they lacked Aaroné's body.

The little girl would have been 6 years old when Aaron Thompson and his now-deceased girlfriend, Shelley Lowe, reported her missing in November 2005.

Thompson said his daughter ran away after a dispute over a cookie. In fact, Aaroné likely had been missing since she was 4 years old.

Police say Thompson and Lowe buried her in an unknown field.

The fact that she has never been found has weighed on police and those who cared about the little girl for years.

"For all of us, \[the case\] will not be closed until we can give her a proper burial," said Aurora Police Chief Daniel J. Oates.

The chief added that if Thompson has "a shred of decency, this is his moment to step up," and lead investigators to the body.

Sadly, if he had a shred of decency, he wouldn't have committed these heinous crimes. But perhaps, with the thought of a long sentence weighing on him, he will accept responsibility and end the mystery, giving little Aaroné the respect and honor of an appropriate resting place.

Her brothers and sisters, family, friends and well-wishers deserve the kind of closure a proper burial and a grave helps provide. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1048067422&start=7

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2009, 05:26:36 PM »

If he has a shred of decency . . .

I hope I am wrong . . . I don't think he has anything but evil within him.

burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »

If Aaron were to reveal where he and Shelly left Aarone's remains, he would have done so by now.   

However, I will keep hope alive that someone will find her remains, and then she can be laid to rest properly.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »

Aaron Thompson To Be Sentenced Tuesday
Convicted Of Child Abuse Resulting In Death

POSTED: 10:36 am MST November 9, 2009
AURORA, Colo. -- A father found guilty in September of child abuse resulting in death in the disappearance and presumed death of Aarone Thompson will be sentenced Tuesday.

Aaaron Thompson was found guilty on 31 counts ranging from conspiracy to commit child abuse, false reporting to authorities, concealing death, conspiracy to conceal death, child abuse resulting in injury and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

The jury in September could not reach a unanimous decision on two counts -- abuse of a corpse and conspiracy to commit abuse of a corpse -- so a mistrial was declared on those two charges.

Attorney Phil Cherner said the first three guilty charges alone will probably put Thompson in prison for the rest of his life.

Jurors told 7NEWS that they decided early on that Thompson was guilty of child abuse resulting in death.

"That was taken care of pretty quick," said Juror No. 2166, who did not wish to be identified. "I'd say it took two days."

Juror No. 2019 agreed -- Thompson killed his daughter, although prosecutors never said exactly how.

"The evidence was left very unclear and left for some interpretation. But overall, I had no issue with that," Juror No. 2019 said.

Prosecutors expressed relief over the mixed verdict, knowing that Thompson was found guilty of the most serious charges.

"It's one step closer for justice for Aarone. I think if you were ask that question to the police, to (Detective) Randy Hansen, I think they would say justice would be the day that they find her body," said prosecutor Bob Chappell.

Defense attorneys said after the trial they would appeal the verdict.

Thompson showed no emotion when the verdict was read in the packed Arapahoe County courtroom in September. Throughout the trial, he did not move nor speak.

"The members of this jury heard children testify about unspeakable abuses that they endured for many years in the Thompson household and about the hellish world that they woke up to every morning. And they heard about a little girl who spent much of her short life confined to a coat closet and who disappeared into thin air one morning and has never been heard from or seen from again, " said Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates.

Even though prosecutors believed Aarone was killed years ago -- perhaps in 2004 or earlier -- her body has never been found.

Thompson reported Aarone missing in November 2005, when she would have been 6, but prosecutors believe she may have died about two years earlier.

A lot of the testimony over the six-week trial came from the seven children who lived in the home with Thompson and his girlfriend, Shely Lowe. All but one of the children testified in person, saying they suffered horrific abuse at the hands of Thompson and Lowe.

The jury also heard more than 24 hours of video-recorded and audio-recorded testimony.

Thompson did not testify during the trial. His attorneys admit that Thompson lied about what happened to Aarone, but that he did not kill her. Defense attorneys blame Lowe for killing Aarone.

According to the charges, the jury found that Thompson was guilty of killing Aarone and covering her body, but found him not guilty of some of the child abuse charges resulting from the testimony of the older teens.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21561948/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2009, 04:33:25 PM »

Thank you Nut for posting today's article.  I am on pins and needles for tomorrow's sentencing. 
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2009, 03:01:12 PM »

Aaron Thompson sentenced to more than 100 years in prison
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=126701&catid=339

posted by: Sara Gandy     18 mins ago  Toolbox: Read Comments Print ArticleEmail ArticleSmallerLarger
CENTENNIAL - A father found guilty of child abuse resulting in the death of his daughter was sentenced to 114 years behind bars on Tuesday.

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said on Tuesday that it likely took millions of dollars to end what he called Aaron Thompson's "reign of terror."

Chief Oates was the first to speak at the morning's sentencing hearing for Thompson. In an emotional plea he asked Thompson to once and for all reveal where he buried the body of his daughter Aarone Thompson.

"It is not too late," Chief Oates said.

When asked if he had anything to say for himself on Tuesday morning by Judge Valeria Spencer, Aaron Thompson quietly said no and shook his head from side to side.

Thompson was sentenced to 114 years total with 102 years in prison and 12 years in county jail for his role in the death of his daughter and for other child abuse charges involving two other children in his home.

Lynette Thompson, Aarone's biological mother who lives in Michigan, also spoke at the sentencing hearing.

"I feel like I was betrayed," she told the judge.

She asked the judge to order Thompson to write a letter about Aarone every Monday while he is in prison.

Thompson was convicted by a jury in September of both child abuse resulting in death and conspiracy to commit child abuse resulting in death in addition to 31 other counts.

<snipped>

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2009, 12:28:54 AM »

Burkie, thanks for posting.
I think these evil people should have the pixs of their victims all over their walls.  If they try to touch the pixs, they get shocked.  Every day for the rest of their nasty lives.

burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

Sister...I could not agree with you more!   That is why I love that Aarone's mom requested for Aaron to write a letter each day to Aarone!!!  (Now if only this monster will do it...Maybe he will tell someone where little Aarone is.)
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2009, 02:50:11 PM »

Memorial planned for abused Aurora girl
posted by: Sara Gandy     5 hrs ago  Toolbox: Read Comments Print ArticleEmail ArticleSmallerLarger
AURORA (AP) - Activists who work to stop child abuse are gathering in Aurora Monday to remember a little girl whose body was never found.

Aarone Thompson will be honored with a candlelight vigil by the Kempe Foundation. The service is planned for 4:30 p.m. in the playground area at The Children's Hospital on the Anschutz Medical Campus.

Her father, Aaron Thompson, was convicted this fall of causing her death and sentenced to 114 years in prison. The father has acknowledged that the girl is dead, but has not said what happened to her remains. Monday would have been the girl's 11th birthday.

(Copyright Associated Press, All Rights Reserved)
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=127927&catid=188
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2009, 02:51:44 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=aarne

Please light a candle for Aarone today.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »

Aaron Thompson appeals conviction

Updated: 12/30/2009 12:16:31 PM MST
CENTENNIAL — Lawyers for Aaron Thompson, convicted and sentenced to 114 years in jail for the death of his daughter, are appealing the case.

The appeal was filed Monday to the Colorado Court of Appeals.

Thompson was convicted of 31 counts, including child abuse resulting in death.

Thompson reported his daughter, Aaroné, missing in November 2005. Thompson said the little girl, who would have been 6 years old at the time, had run away from home because she wanted more cookies.

Police believe she died two years earlier. Her body has not been found.

After six weeks of testimony this fall, a jury found Thompson guilty on 31 of 55 counts. Thompson also was found guilty of conspiracy to commit child abuse resulting in death and accessory to child abuse resulting in death.

The appeal is for the conviction and jail sentence, which was handed out by Arapahoe County District Court Judge Valeria Spencer.

http://**/technology/ci_14094360

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2009, 03:01:30 PM »

About 50 gather at birthday memorial to Aaroné Thompson
Updated: 12/01/2009 02:03:53 AM MST

AURORA — On what would have been her 11th birthday, many people involved in the Aaroné Thompson case gathered Monday evening for a candlelight memorial in honor of the little girl and others like her who died of abuse.

"It's a family that lost a child, but it's also a community, a state, a nation that lost a child," said Dr. Andrew Sirotnak of the Kempe Center, which hosted the service at Children's Hospital. "In many ways, this is a way to say goodbye to Aaroné."

Aaroné would have been 6 years old when she was reported missing from her Aurora home in November 2005, but police believe she died two years earlier.

Her father, Aaron Thompson, was sentenced this year to more than 100 years in prison. He was convicted of numerous counts, including child abuse resulting in death.

On Monday, the 50 or so who gathered at the playground at Children's, mostly those involved in the case, recalled how one of the most high-profile cases in Colorado in recent memory affected their lives and how everyone needs to be more involved in the lives of children.

"It's a sad statistic. Most of the child homicides that are committed in our country are committed by parents," Arapahoe County District Attorney Carol Chambers said. "We all need to be investing in our kids."

Aaroné's aunt, Leah Terry, thanked police and everyone who worked on the case, then read a letter from Aaroné's mother, Lynette Thompson, who lives in Michigan and could not attend the memorial.

"My daughter Aaroné was every true meaning of a princess," Thompson wrote. "Aaroné is smiling down on me and the rest of my family."

For many, the memorial likely will be the closest they get to closure, as Aaroné's body has not been found and Thompson has refused to say where the child is buried.

"Aaroné, we are sad we never heard you laugh, play or grow," Aurora police chaplain Jim Henderson said. "Let us never forget Aaroné Thomp son and all the other children that suffered similar fates."
http://**/technology/ci_13897358

burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »

Aurora police chaplain Jim Henderson said. "Let us never forget Aaroné Thompson and all the other children that suffered similar fates."

Amen...Amen. No child should be forgotten.  Thank you for posting this article Nut.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »

Aurora police chaplain Jim Henderson said. "Let us never forget Aaroné Thompson and all the other children that suffered similar fates."

Amen...Amen. No child should be forgotten.  Thank you for posting this article Nut.

Burkie, they will never be forgotten . . . "from . . . violence he redeems their life; and precious is their blood in his sight." Psalm 72:14

burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2009, 03:37:53 PM »

Burkie, they will never be forgotten . . . "from . . . violence he redeems their life; and precious is their blood in his sight." Psalm 72:14

an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.