April 18, 2024, 02:38:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS  (Read 5011 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 13, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20110711-caylee-law,0,3346703.story
State Rep. Kleefisch to propose Wisconsin version of Caylee's Law
New law gives parents 24 hour window to report child missing
July 11, 2011

WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE—

The backlash over the Casey Anthony verdict is being felt in the Wisconsin legislature. State lawmakers are looking to pass Caylee's law, which would require parents to report their children missing immediately.

Now there is no time limit in reporting a child missing in the State of Wisconsin. State Representative Joel Kleefisch from Oconomowoc is proposing a drastic change to that law in an effort to protect missing children.

The Casey Anthony murder trial in Florida captured the interest of many people across the country. So did the fact that she failed to report her daughter Caylee missing for 31 days.

That's why Rep. Kleefisch looked at Wisconsin state laws regarding missing children. "When I took a look at the statutes, to realize there's nothing specific in place to require a notifying authorities when a child goes missing. I was surprised by that."

Rep. Kleefisch is proposing changes that would give parents a 24 hour window to report their missing child. After parents miss the 24 hour window, they're committing a felony.
More...
(Video at link)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »

http://www.wisn.com/r/28515965/detail.html
State Lawmaker Wants To Make Reporting Missing Children Law
Bill Gives Guardian Of Missing Kids 24 Hours To Contact Police

July 11, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:56:01 AM »

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/Duffy_urges_state_officials_to_implement_Caylees_Law_in_WI_125667663.html
Duffy urges state officials to implement Caylee's Law in WI
July 15, 2011

Congressman Sean Duffy sent a letter Friday to the Wisconsin State Senate Majority Leader and the Speaker of the Wisconsin State Assembly urging them to take action on "Caylee's Law."
Email Address: news@weau.com

RELEASE FROM OFFICE OF U.S. CONGRESSMAN SEAN DUFFY (07/15/2011):

WASHINGTON, DC — U.S. Congressman Sean Duffy (WI-07), former District Attorney for Ashland County, sent a letter today to Scott Fitzgerald and Jeff Fitzgerald, the Wisconsin State Senate Majority Leader and the Speaker of the Wisconsin State Assembly, respectively, urging them to take action on the so-called “Caylee’s Law” or similar legislation that would make it a felony for parents or legal guardians to fail to report a missing child in a timely fashion.

“As a former district attorney and father of six, there are few responsibilities I take more seriously than that of protecting our children,” Congressman Duffy said. “That’s why I’m asking the Wisconsin state legislature to pass ‘Caylee’s Law’ or similar legislation as soon as possible.”

Text of the letter is below: (Read at link)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:59:21 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 05:58:55 AM »

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20110716/WDH0101/107160442/Rep-Sean-Duffy-pushes-Caylee-s-Law-Wisconsin
Rep. Sean Duffy pushes 'Caylee's Law' for Wisconsin
July 15, 2011

Rep. Sean Duffy, a former district attorney, is urging state lawmakers to pass legislation making it a felony for parents to fail to report missing children.
 ::snipping2::
Duffy's office released a copy of a letter he wrote to Sen. Scott Fitzgerald and Rep. Jeff Fitzgerald this afternoon, urging the Legislature to make the change "as soon as possible."
 ::snipping2::

PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:42:12 AM »

Dear Paula,

Thank you for emailing me in support of Caylee's Law. I appreciate you
taking the time to contact me on this issue. Representative Kerkman is
currently drafting legislation that would address this issue. Once the
legislation is introduced, please know that I will keep your thoughts in
mind as I review the provisions of the bill.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Randy Hopper

Subject: Create Caylee's Law, Not Reporting Child's Disappearance Should
Be a Felony

Sen. Randy Hopper
State Capitol, Room 310 South
2 East Main Street
Madison WI 53702

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20120318/APC0101/203180487/-Caylee-s-Law-praised-panned
Bill targets parents who fail to report missing kids
March 18, 2012

Eight months after Casey Anthony was found not guilty in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, the public outrage over the explosive case is still resonating in the Wisconsin Legislature.

The Assembly and Senate have passed Caylee's Law, which requires parents and other guardians to report the death or disappearance of a child within certain time limits. It now awaits Gov. Scott Walker's signature.
More...
(3 Pg. article)

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.