April 26, 2024, 01:46:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS  (Read 3657 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 13, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/How-Could-Caylees-Law-Impact-Hoosiers-125527293.html
How Could "Caylee's Law" Impact Hoosiers?
July 13, 2011

ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - A movement is growing in hopes of honoring Caylee Anthony.

Under proposed legislation popping up across the country, parents who fail to report a missing or dead child would face felony charges. There are several versions of "Caylee's Law" circulating. Most give parents a few hours to report the disappearance or death of child or face criminal charges - typically a Class D Felony.
No such Hoosier law is in the works yet, but that could have played a role in the trial of convicted child killer, Latisha Lawson. Lawson was recently convicted of killing her two year old son, Jeziah King, and hiding his body for two years in a plastic tote.

Allen County Prosecutor, Karen Richards, says the emphasis in the Lawson case was placed on the much more serious crime of murder. She also points out that in Indiana it's already a Class A Misdemeanor to fail to report any death And a Class D Felony to move a dead body.
 ::snipping2::
Richards says "Caylee's Law" could be a useful addition to current law if prosecutors can't convict someone of murder because the manner of death is unclear or the evidence leaves room for reasonable doubt.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:21:15 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »

from Trimmy

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/indiana/caylees-law-coming-to-indiana
Caylee's law coming to Indiana
Updated: Friday, 19 Aug 2011, 12:01 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
    Jaclyn Bevis

NDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - Talks at the Indiana Statehouse on Thursday could bring Caylee's law to the Hoosier State.

The law is named after Caylee Anthony, whose mother Casey was recently found not guilty of Caylee's death.

Caylee wasn't reported missing for nearly a month after her disappearance.

Vigo County Prosecutor Terry Modesitt says Indiana doesn't have a law that would lend itself to this case. Right now, the state would likely have to file neglect charges.
 ::snipping2::

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.