April 26, 2024, 09:40:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #624 5/19/2007  (Read 148874 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: May 19, 2007, 11:28:50 PM »

Dihannah - I just sent you Marlee's email addy  Wink
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: May 19, 2007, 11:29:22 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
The truth of the matter is, there is not one single monkey who would not give their all to help a man like Tim who does the work we all wish we could do but lack the skills, the money, the wherewithal, to do, although we do not lack in the advocacy.  We all want to get this done.  There is no more noble cause than rising up to help someone who has lost a loved one to bring some kind of resolution to their dilemma.  Have you ever lost a loved one to death that was guaranteed?  Has your child ever slipped from your area for a few seconds?  Have you ever nurtured someone who has lost a loved one in a disappearance case?  No monkey here wants to be left out.  Everybody wants to help.  All we need is guidance.

This is a fantastic group of people, some of the best people I have ever dealt with in my life.  This "Missing People" thing --- it does not discriminate.  It does not read the social register.  It crosses the racial barrier, the social barrier and the borders.  It is a frightful thing and it can happen to use.

Everyone here wants to do something bigger than he or she is and wants to lay down at night tired, but knowing that he/she made a difference!

So true Tyler and so eloquent.... I will try and make sure to post a thread in the lounge and we will take assignments.... I don't know what all Red, Tim, Cheryl etc have discussed already.  Red was so busy that I didn't barrage him with calls... (not that I usually do...  Laughing ) but I will make sure to give out assignments....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: May 19, 2007, 11:29:51 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

No, I was not referring to you and Sleuth!  I was thinking back to the time someone called in with the Indian accent and later Dana asked if there was a Bombay, Michigan. lol  I was rolling on the floor for a good 30 minutes with that one!  Or, the time Renfro called in and made a fool of herself.  I sat here thinking DAMN! lol

The funny stuff is funny and the hateful stuff can be zapped!

Yes, that was a very entertaining performance!   Very Happy I, too, get a kick out of some of the stunts some have tried in the past.  Not boring, for sure.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #523 on: May 19, 2007, 11:30:18 PM »

The truth of the matter is, there is not one single monkey who would not give their all to help a man like Tim who does the work we all wish we could do but lack the skills, the money, the wherewithal, to do, although we do not lack in the advocacy.  We all want to get this done.  There is no more noble cause than rising up to help someone who has lost a loved one to bring some kind of resolution to their dilemma.  Have you ever lost a loved one to death that was guaranteed?  Has your child ever slipped from your area for a few seconds?  Have you ever nurtured someone who has lost a loved one in a disappearance case?  No monkey here wants to be left out.  Everybody wants to help.  All we need is guidance.

This is a fantastic group of people, some of the best people I have ever dealt with in my life.  This "Missing People" thing --- it does not discriminate.  It does not read the social register.  It crosses the racial barrier, the social barrier and the borders.  It is a frightful thing and it can happen to use.

Everyone here wants to do something bigger than he or she is and wants to lay down at night tired, but knowing that he/she made a difference!

Great post Tyler
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #524 on: May 19, 2007, 11:31:38 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Dihannah - I just sent you Marlee's email addy  Wink

Thanks Klaas!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: May 19, 2007, 11:32:27 PM »

Y'all, Dana's show was so good tonight that I ironed 20 cotton shirts while I was listening to it, and the process was almost painless.  Laughing

Great job, Dana!

I Stand With The Girl
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2007, 11:33:52 PM »

Just stopping in for a moment and it looks like I came at the right time. Excellent post, Tylergal...MrsRed, please let me know what I can do...oh, and hi everyone!! I'm doing a lot of work here at the house, but i'll try and come back later...Hope everyone is doing well tonight!!

Bring Natalee home...
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2007, 11:34:41 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Just stopping in for a moment and it looks like I came at the right time. Excellent post, Tylergal...MrsRed, please let me know what I can do...oh, and hi everyone!! I'm doing a lot of work here at the house, but i'll try and come back later...Hope everyone is doing well tonight!!

Howdy, Mishy.

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2007, 11:34:53 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
I'm in Columbus...  So not too far.   We have some PA friends too we could try and hook up with.

I sent an email to Rob about this.. and those who are in the area.. a few hours apart?   Have not heard back yet? But be nice to do something.. What I dont know off hand.. but I am sure we can think of something..Smile
 I cant think right now.. I am really stressed about work and really emotional right now.. and I cant stand myself even.  lol

Is it a good emotional, I hope?  Do I need to come over and kick somebodys butt at work????

Glad you let Rob know.  At least the PA and OH posters can try to get together.

lol I can kick butt .. trust me! Its sad emotional.. no days off..hectic schedule..and got sad sad news today. Sad
  .. sighhhhhhhhh.. one of my best friends hubby.. has to have his leg amputated Monday.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad   They are taking it very hard.. and he is suicidal.. Sad   he is in the hospital THANK GOD!  People are on my last nerve at work.. and sometimes you can bend over backwards to be nice to others.. and it dont matter what you do.. They dont give a shit.
So why should I?  lol I can answer that.. I have a heart!  Smile  <ok I am talking to myself and that isnt good..lol .lol >

Tell your friend there is no need to be suicidal about the loss of a limb.  It can be a very rough journey, but light does shine at the end of the tunnel.  The body does adapt and the pain subsides to a degree.  I will never forget my first attempt to walk without crutches on my prosthetic limb.  The pain was so excruciating that I thought my life had ended.  Day by day I toughened and the nerves became less sensitive.  With time I learned to live with the discomfort and I have been used as an example to others.

I will never run a marathon, but I get around very well now and most have no clue I am an amputee.  There are many very helpful support sites available across the internet and I would be glad to share those links.  One of the biggest helps to me was talking to a young woman that had lost her leg in an accident.  She was a Greenpeace advocate and had no time for cosmetic prosthetic work.  She wanted something that would hold up in adverse conditions and could be patched with duct tape and a coat hanger.  Her views taught me much.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2007, 11:35:18 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Y'all, Dana's show was so good tonight that I ironed 20 cotton shirts while I was listening to it, and the process was almost painless.  Laughing

Great job, Dana!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2007, 11:35:51 PM »

I'm in Columbus...  So not too far.   We have some PA friends too we could try and hook up with.

I sent an email to Rob about this.. and those who are in the area.. a few hours apart?   Have not heard back yet? But be nice to do something.. What I dont know off hand.. but I am sure we can think of something..Smile
 I cant think right now.. I am really stressed about work and really emotional right now.. and I cant stand myself even.  lol

Is it a good emotional, I hope?  Do I need to come over and kick somebodys butt at work????

lol I can kick butt .. trust me! Its sad emotional.. no days off..hectic schedule..and got sad sad news today. Sad
  .. sighhhhhhhhh.. one of my best friends hubby.. has to have his leg amputated Monday.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad   They are taking it very hard.. and he is suicidal.. Sad   he is in the hospital THANK GOD!  People are on my last nerve at work.. and sometimes you can bend over backwards to be nice to others.. and it dont matter what you do.. They dont give a shit.
So why should I?  lol I can answer that.. I have a heart!  Smile  <ok I am talking to myself and that isnt good..lol .lol >

You are not talking to yourself!  Cause I'm listenin'.  Sorry to hear about your friend.  If it helps, my neighbor had MS and had to have his amputated.  He has an artificial leg and that man literally does way more than my Husband does with both his legs!  He is truly amazing and NOTHING holds him back!   He's always out cutting grass, yardwork, I mean ANYTHING... So please tell your neighbor that....  
And as for YOU,  you need some time off.  You are getting burnt out and need a break!

I am burnt out.. and she wants me to be at the hospital with her Monday for his surgery. and I cant..  Sad  I cant get the damn day off cause I have to run the store.. talk about feeling bad for not being able to be there for  2 people I really care about.  It sucks bigtime.  They both understand I have my job to do.. and I am pissed I guess that I have worked for others when they needed it? My problem is I am too nice at times.. and cant say no.  Rolling Eyes  and get walked on for it too. But not much I can do. since I HAVE to be there at work..  Evil or Very Mad  If it were a family member of mine.. I would QUIT!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: May 19, 2007, 11:35:55 PM »

Great job, Dana!

While you were away ironing shirts, you got commended for posting the site of Texas ES and are asked to not let anyone here forget it.  You are such a great person to keep this going and the "don't forget."  Just keep it going.  We want to be reminded to help.  We want you in your sweet little sock monkey way to remind us frequently to help Tim Miller who spends 24/7 helping others.  

You are such a little sock monkey diplomat that you can keep reminding all of us without offending anyone.  You would be a great advocate for his website. PLEASE.  (I am groveling).

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #532 on: May 19, 2007, 11:36:38 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

Tell your friend there is no need to be suicidal about the loss of a limb.  It can be a very rough journey, but light does shine at the end of the tunnel.  The body does adapt and the pain subsides to a degree.  I will never forget my first attempt to walk without crutches on my prosthetic limb.  The pain was so excruciating that I thought my life had ended.  Day by day I toughened and the nerves became less sensitive.  With time I learned to live with the discomfort and I have been used as an example to others.

I will never run a marathon, but I get around very well now and most have no clue I am an amputee.  There are many very helpful support sites available across the internet and I would be glad to share those links.  One of the biggest helps to me was talking to a young woman that had lost her leg in an accident.  She was a Greenpeace advocate and had no time for cosmetic prosthetic work.  She wanted something that would hold up in adverse conditions and could be patched with duct tape and a coat hanger.  Her views taught me much.

Easy - you are a very strong and brave person, and I'm proud to have you as my friend.

I Stand With The Girl
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: May 19, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »

Great job, Dana!

wow thank you.
Smile
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #534 on: May 19, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »

Great job, Dana!

Wow, good idea.  I shoulda got on some chores like that and got them done painlessly.  I hate doing laundry.    Laughing

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: May 19, 2007, 11:38:40 PM »

Great job, Dana!

While you were away ironing shirts, you got commended for posting the site of Texas ES and are asked to not let anyone here forget it.  You are such a great person to keep this going and the "don't forget."  Just keep it going.  We want to be reminded to help.  We want you in your sweet little sock monkey way to remind us frequently to help Tim Miller who spends 24/7 helping others.  

You are such a little sock monkey diplomat that you can keep reminding all of us without offending anyone.  You would be a great advocate for his website. PLEASE.  (I am groveling).

Awww...Tyler, you are the real diplomat.

You know, a lot of churches use sock monkeys to help children's causes. I wonder if they could be used in some way to help TES. Hmmmm.........

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #536 on: May 19, 2007, 11:39:37 PM »

You are not talking to yourself!  Cause I'm listenin'.  Sorry to hear about your friend.  If it helps, my neighbor had MS and had to have his amputated.  He has an artificial leg and that man literally does way more than my Husband does with both his legs!  He is truly amazing and NOTHING holds him back!   He's always out cutting grass, yardwork, I mean ANYTHING... So please tell your neighbor that....  
And as for YOU,  you need some time off.  You are getting burnt out and need a break!

I am burnt out.. and she wants me to be at the hospital with her Monday for his surgery. and I cant..  Sad  I cant get the damn day off cause I have to run the store.. talk about feeling bad for not being able to be there for  2 people I really care about.  It sucks bigtime.  They both understand I have my job to do.. and I am pissed I guess that I have worked for others when they needed it? My problem is I am too nice at times.. and cant say no.  Rolling Eyes  and get walked on for it too. But not much I can do. since I HAVE to be there at work..  Evil or Very Mad  If it were a family member of mine.. I would QUIT!

Angie, just remind her that she is in your prayers but you have an obligation and being the friend she is, you know she would never neglect her responsibility to her loved one and neither can you -- that you still have children at home and your first obligation is to care for them which means financial support and you must work, but let her know you will morally and spiritually be with her.  I know you will.  You always are there for everybody but Angie too has limits.  "Family first."  Remind her she is doing exactly what you are doing --- thinking of family first, that you love her and will be her best advocate but "family first."  Sometimes family means unpleasant things like changing diapers, removing bandages, applying bandages, washing the toilet and no greater task hath any man or woman than providing for family - even monetarily and remind her that the best and only thing you can do at that point is prayer which is supreme.  Nothing quite matches prayer realistically.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #537 on: May 19, 2007, 11:39:57 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Great job, Dana!

Anna - that's perfect!  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: May 19, 2007, 11:40:09 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Great job, Dana!

Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #539 on: May 19, 2007, 11:40:46 PM »

EASY  TY and I am going to print out your post if you do not mind and make sure she reads it and her hubby. TY..
 You have my email addy.. and if you could email me links to give them .. I would appreciate it. NO HURRY.  !!
 God love yah too Mike..  hugs to you.!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.