April 24, 2024, 04:26:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #624 5/19/2007  (Read 148845 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #560 on: May 20, 2007, 12:05:15 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

I’m not such a great voice anymore.  I just thought amputation was my biggest problem to overcome.  I was kind of slam dunked over the past few years.

Once, I went bouncing into my prosthesis’s office to pick up some new liners.  He met me in the front lobby and asked me if I would meet and speak to a patient.  He led me into the fitting room and introduced me to an older man and his wife.  The man was obviously depressed and his wife was trying her best to be encouraging.

My leg guy introduced me as a client first sent to him nine months earlier.  The man shook his head in a quizzical way and the woman beamed.  I was asked to lift my pant leg, which I did.  The woman’s face beamed and she began to say, “See, See!”  The man just shook his head.

It’s not easy to overcome and the desire has to be there, but it can be done.

Easy - you should feel very proud. You have kept going in the face of health problems that would have made a lot of people quit. As I said earlier, you are a strong, brave person.

I Stand With The Girl
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #561 on: May 20, 2007, 12:06:45 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
[Angie, just remind her that she is in your prayers but you have an obligation and being the friend she is, you know she would never neglect her responsibility to her loved one and neither can you -- that you still have children at home and your first obligation is to care for them which means financial support and you must work, but let her know you will morally and spiritually be with her.  I know you will.  You always are there for everybody but Angie too has limits.  "Family first."  Remind her she is doing exactly what you are doing --- thinking of family first, that you love her and will be her best advocate but "family first."  Sometimes family means unpleasant things like changing diapers, removing bandages, applying bandages, washing the toilet and no greater task hath any man or woman than providing for family - even monetarily and remind her that the best and only thing you can do at that point is prayer which is supreme.  Nothing quite matches prayer realistically.

She knows.. trust me.. they are in my prayers. I shed alot of tears today. Sad news. I cryed with her on my cell and I was at work.  Sad
  His brothers  and sister and sons come into the store as well... they could hardly speak today when I saw them. All were on their way to go see him.   I told each and everyone of them to let   I am thinking of Ron ...  I hope he makes it thru surgery..  he has a bad heart too.  Sad
   Im gonna shush up now.. TY Tyler.

You have already done a lot for her by letting us know so that we will all be pulling for them and praying for them.  No greater friend --- and we will be there spiritually for her because of you, Angie.  Now, don't worry.  Some things are just not possible to accomplish and there are only 24 hours in the day and most households only have one mommy and men have only one wife --- so just be assured you have done all you can.  I can tell you are very worried about this.  Try not to be.  You do all you can and worry is your worst enemy.  So quit, lay it at the feet of the Lord and their doctors and be done with it for tonight.  Carress her head and tell her you love her.  Reach out to tell her that you care and do what you can but she too must leave it in the hands of the doctors and her maker.

Thansk Tyler.. you really have a way with words..  Hugs to yah!  Wink
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: May 20, 2007, 12:08:12 AM »

Hugs, Monkeys, going to make time for my little Gray friend.  He had surgery yesterday and wants some attention.

The bewitching hour has come and I wil turn into an even larger pumpkin if I do not minister to my cat and get in bed for Sunday.  Need to go to church.  I have been missing and then visit with those sweet grands but will talk to you tomorrow.  

I missed Lala's, None and Tibro.  Do you think we need to put out a search warrant for them.

Klaas, thank you for all you do.  Convey same to Tom & Red.  Nite, nite.
Goodnight Tylergal and thanks to you as well, for all your wisdom that you bring us!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: May 20, 2007, 12:08:38 AM »

Is OF around?  I need to know id his CD drive started saying squeaky, squeaky, squeak before it blew a gasket!   Shocked
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #564 on: May 20, 2007, 12:09:44 AM »

Is OF around?  I need to know id his CD drive started saying squeaky, squeaky, squeak before it blew a gasket!   Shocked

Did yours spit out an extraneous piece of foam too?  Shocked

I Stand With The Girl
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: May 20, 2007, 12:10:41 AM »

Uh ohh, I hope not Easy! Hopefully it is just something small.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #566 on: May 20, 2007, 12:11:53 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Oh my goodness, monkeys, what have I missed? Did OF get a new puter.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #567 on: May 20, 2007, 12:14:15 AM »

My computer just keeps talking to me!   Shocked

It sounds like a Martian....  Squeaky, squeaky squeek, squeek

If it spits out foam I am running for my life! lol
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #568 on: May 20, 2007, 12:14:17 AM »

Quote from: "Elaine"

OF's CD drive spat out a piece of foam, and none of us could decide where it came from or what it did.  Embarassed

I Stand With The Girl
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #569 on: May 20, 2007, 12:15:16 AM »

I’m not such a great voice anymore.  I just thought amputation was my biggest problem to overcome.  I was kind of slam dunked over the past few years.

Once, I went bouncing into my prosthesis’s office to pick up some new liners.  He met me in the front lobby and asked me if I would meet and speak to a patient.  He led me into the fitting room and introduced me to an older man and his wife.  The man was obviously depressed and his wife was trying her best to be encouraging.

My leg guy introduced me as a client first sent to him nine months earlier.  The man shook his head in a quizzical way and the woman beamed.  I was asked to lift my pant leg, which I did.  The woman’s face beamed and she began to say, “See, See!”  The man just shook his head.

Easy - you should feel very proud. You have kept going in the face of health problems that would have made a lot of people quit. As I said earlier, you are a strong, brave person.

I agree BT. Easy be proud of yourself.  I know what a very intelligent man you are.. <and cute too>  Wink

Hi Elaine and anyone else I missed.. sorry. I am running around the house here.. threw laundry in the dryer.. and setting my clock for work tomorrow  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #570 on: May 20, 2007, 12:15:18 AM »

My computer just keeps talking to me!   Shocked

It sounds like a Martian....  Squeaky, squeaky squeek, squeek

If it spits out foam I am running for my life! lol

Easy - that doesn't sound good. Either there is a mouse inside it, or something is about to go kablooie!  Shocked

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #571 on: May 20, 2007, 12:15:35 AM »

Night All!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #572 on: May 20, 2007, 12:16:13 AM »

OF's CD drive spat out a piece of foam, and none of us could decide where it came from or what it did.  Embarassed

Rabid Computer  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: May 20, 2007, 12:16:27 AM »

Nite Easy
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #574 on: May 20, 2007, 12:16:33 AM »

One thing about the Internet is that it is a powerful "leveler"- allows people w/ physical handicaps to communicate with no difference at all between them and those who aren't facing such handicaps. As hard as it would be for a double amputee to stand in front of a crowd, for example... the keyboard gives that person the same identical means to mass-communicate as others have. There are accommodations for the blind and hard-of-hearing. The speech-impaired have no problem articulating a message.

I was NOT aware we had Monkeys with those types of situations. I have even greater respect for Easy now.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #575 on: May 20, 2007, 12:16:39 AM »

Easy, what a great voice you are.  A good looking man like you who has suffered a limb loss and who writes as well as Tennessee or Melton.  I think you need to fulfill your calling.

I do not mean to pontificate here because it is not nice, but my neurologist sends MS patients my way with whom I talk, because he knows that I have enjoyed a rich, full life (not monetarily, but enjoying life) beyond my diagnosis.  I have been unable to walk or see and yet I saw the light at the end of the tunnel because there were people like you who inspired me and I want to inspire others that some of us are not whole but we lead wholesome lives.  Thank you for reminding us of your infirmaty for your great spirit and love for mankind.

Easy, I see you as a very strong and creative person.   I had no idea you had been through something like that.  Of course, my first inclination is to ask why/how, which you have no obligation to answer.  But I do know somebody who overcame it and is a huge inspiration to me.   God never hands us more than we can carry.   So with your poetic writing and being the special, caring person you are.  There was obviouslly a reason and you have overcome, but obviously a stronger, better person.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #576 on: May 20, 2007, 12:16:46 AM »

Night All!

Night Easy.

Email me tomorrow so I'll know if Martians came out of your computer or not.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #577 on: May 20, 2007, 12:17:05 AM »

That is strange! I wonder if it could have been a peice of packing foam that was somehow lodged in there. Or the dark side found a new way to insult us.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #578 on: May 20, 2007, 12:17:32 AM »

I thought he said it was like a washer of some sort?  lol A rubber one?
And he ended up pulling it out then?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #579 on: May 20, 2007, 12:19:11 AM »

Night All!
Goodnight Easy, take care!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.