April 19, 2024, 02:58:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #624 5/19/2007  (Read 148779 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #640 on: May 20, 2007, 09:45:30 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Easy - is your computer nice and quiet this morning? No mice inside it?

So far it is quiet.  I do wonder what that chirping sound is that comes along some times.  It was very quiet in here after Dana's show and suddenly there would be that strange little sound.  Spooked me!   Shocked
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: May 20, 2007, 09:45:47 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Morning Monkeys!

BT  I see you are baking Gluten Free Bread also!  We have to do that for hubby too, every couple of days.
You know, we are hearing of more and more people having a gluten allergy! Two of my Hubby's co-workers were just diagnosed with it! So , they are sharing recipes, which is nice since he doesn't feel so all alone with this condition now.

I need to get into my yard as well, but it has rained every day lately and my lawn looks like a jungle!  THe weeds are flourishing in the flower beds, the rose garden looks pathetic...yeek....hope I can get it all straightened out before Summer.

Tyler  Morning! See you are up and about early also!

Easy Morning to you also!!!   You are smart to enjoy the outdoors right now because, as you say, soon it will be too hot to sit out.

Hi ArtColley. It's good to see you this morning!

Yep, lots of gluten-free products here. It is surprising how many people are being diagnosed with the problem - even middle-aged people. It seems to suddenly pop up.

That's true. I've noticed more and more of the major supermarket chains have whole sections with gluten free products now.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: May 20, 2007, 09:47:13 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

So far it is quiet.  I do wonder what that chirping sound is that comes along some times.  It was very quiet in here after Dana's show and suddenly there would be that strange little sound.  Spooked me!   Shocked

Maybe it's the spirit of Elvis singing to you, and it sounds chirpy on account of the distance between here and the beyond.  Shocked  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: May 20, 2007, 09:48:24 AM »

My PC started making sort of "grinding" noises a while back.  It turned out to be that I was needing more RAM.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: May 20, 2007, 09:48:54 AM »

I just don't know if I could live a life free of glutens.  What is a gluten?   Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: May 20, 2007, 09:50:06 AM »

That's true. I've noticed more and more of the major supermarket chains have whole sections with gluten free products now.

Hubby gets a ton of stuff from two local supermarkets that carry a lot of unusual items. One is a sort of "natural" store called Green Life Grocery. The other is a Seventh Day Adventist market. We also order some things over the internet from www.FoodIreland.com. There are getting to be more and more gluten-free items available, so hubby feels a lot more included these days.

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: May 20, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

My PC started making sort of "grinding" noises a while back.  It turned out to be that I was needing more RAM.

This is not a grinding sound and it is very sporadic.  My guess would be that something spinning around in there has developed a squeak.  I wonder if I should just blast it with some WD40.   Shocked
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: May 20, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »

I just don't know if I could live a life free of glutens.  What is a gluten?   Laughing

I know I can't, lol!
It is wheat products. BT can explain it better than I probably.
But, any product that has wheat in it can't be eaten by hubby.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2007, 09:52:39 AM »

Hubby gets a ton of stuff from two local supermarkets that carry a lot of unusual items. One is a sort of "natural" store called Green Life Grocery. The other is a Seventh Day Adventist market. We also order some things over the internet from www.FoodIreland.com. There are getting to be more and more gluten-free items available, so hubby feels a lot more included these days.

We also buy at a local Natural Food store that has a wide variety of products. I wonder why more and more people are developing this allergy?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #649 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:21 AM »

LOL, gluten is the stuff in baked goods that makes them be moist and tasty. When you take out all the gluten, the baked goods get dry and crumbly. Gluten is in wheat, oats, rye, etc., so people who are allergic to gluten can only eat things make out of stuff like rice and corn. Imagine eating bread, cookies, etc., made out of rice flour with nothing in them to keep them from falling apart.  Confused

I have discovered that if gluten-free things are cooked with buttermilk, they will refrain from crumbling for at least a couple of days anyway. Cool

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #650 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:35 AM »

I know I can't, lol!
It is wheat products. BT can explain it better than I probably.
But, any product that has wheat in it can't be eaten by hubby.

I love white bread!
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: May 20, 2007, 09:54:38 AM »

WD40 works on many things,but I would be careful on computers.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: May 20, 2007, 09:56:31 AM »

LOL, gluten is the stuff in baked goods that makes them be moist and tasty. When you take out all the gluten, the baked goods get dry and crumbly. Gluten is in wheat, oats, rye, etc., so people who are allergic to gluten can only eat things make out of stuff like rice and corn. Imagine eating bread, cookies, etc., made out of rice flour with nothing in them to keep them from falling apart.  Confused

I have discovered that if gluten-free things are cooked with buttermilk, they will refrain from crumbling for at least a couple of days anyway. Cool

Now I know I can't get along without a few glutens!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: May 20, 2007, 09:56:32 AM »

We also buy at a local Natural Food store that has a wide variety of products. I wonder why more and more people are developing this allergy?

It's curious, isn't it? It's kind of like when I was a kid no one ever heard of a peanut allergy, and now kids who even breathe in the fumes can die. There's something odd going on, isn't there?

I Stand With The Girl
scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #654 on: May 20, 2007, 09:57:55 AM »

Dana's Show from last night is up now. I removed a few of the intermission songs to shorten it up a bit. Enjoy!

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/05/19/dana-pretzer-show-tonight-8pm-et-tes-fundraiser-mission-for-the-missing-hogs-horses/
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: May 20, 2007, 09:58:51 AM »

Quote from: "scared-tom"
Dana's Show from last night is up now. I removed a few of the intermission songs to shorten it up a bit. Enjoy!

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/05/19/dana-pretzer-show-tonight-8pm-et-tes-fundraiser-mission-for-the-missing-hogs-horses/

Thanks, Tom. It was a great show!

I Stand With The Girl
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: May 20, 2007, 09:59:19 AM »

Just saying hi! to everyone before I go outside and join Easy as we toss some frogs in the air..  Hope we hear something soon and hopefully those on the other sites that are missing become GONE..  I also had a new car delivered at my house yesterday and now I want to take a trip but have to decide if I need to paint my house or hired someone.. Well take care and hopefully next week end we will have some great news since its a holiday weekend and we know they like to give us news on holidays..

TD
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: May 20, 2007, 09:59:21 AM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
WD40 works on many things,but I would be careful on computers.

Give McGuiver a can of WD40 and a roll of duct tape and he could win the war in Iraq!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: May 20, 2007, 10:00:57 AM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
Just saying hi! to everyone before I go outside and join Easy as we toss some frogs in the air..  Hope we hear something soon and hopefully those on the other sites that are missing become GONE..  I also had a new car delivered at my house yesterday and now I want to take a trip but have to decide if I need to paint my house or hired someone.. Well take care and hopefully next week end we will have some great news since its a holiday weekend and we know they like to give us news on holidays..

TD

Hi, Terry! I hope you send me some pictures of that new car - I'll bet it's gorgeous.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: May 20, 2007, 10:01:03 AM »

I have a theory on the wheat gluten and why so many are intollerent.  

It was wheat cluten that was found to contain the melanine that killed the pets.  My theory is that we have been eating foods that contain wheat gluten that has been tainted and some of us are more tolerant than others to it.  The amounts that killed the pets would likely just make us feel sick but would not kill us (not quickly anyway).

I'm only 1/2 awake posting this so hope it makes sense, lol  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.