April 25, 2024, 03:04:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #624 5/19/2007  (Read 148850 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #660 on: May 20, 2007, 10:01:38 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "Tiger"
WD40 works on many things,but I would be careful on computers.

Give McGuiver a can of WD40 and a roll of duct tape and he could win the war in Iraq!

I used to love that show! That guy could do anything with almost nothing!

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: May 20, 2007, 10:02:11 AM »

Quote from: "scared-tom"
Dana's Show from last night is up now. I removed a few of the intermission songs to shorten it up a bit. Enjoy!

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/05/19/dana-pretzer-show-tonight-8pm-et-tes-fundraiser-mission-for-the-missing-hogs-horses/

Thanks Tom!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: May 20, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
I have a theory on the wheat gluten and why so many are intollerent.  

It was wheat cluten that was found to contain the melanine that killed the pets.  My theory is that we have been eating foods that contain wheat gluten that has been tainted and some of us are more tolerant than others to it.  The amounts that killed the pets would likely just make us feel sick but would not kill us (not quickly anyway).

I'm only 1/2 awake posting this so hope it makes sense, lol  Laughing

You know what - that could very well be it!  Shocked

I Stand With The Girl
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: May 20, 2007, 10:03:02 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Artcolley"

We also buy at a local Natural Food store that has a wide variety of products. I wonder why more and more people are developing this allergy?

It's curious, isn't it? It's kind of like when I was a kid no one ever heard of a peanut allergy, and now kids who even breathe in the fumes can die. There's something odd going on, isn't there?

I think so, BT
I think our food supply has been tinkered too much and that could be causing some of this.
THing is, my hubby only developed this in middle age (40's), got tested, and has a mild allergy to gluten. HOwever, that mild allergy causes all sorts of digestive upsets, pain and tummy flu-like symptoms.

YEs, also the peanut allergy. What is THAT all about? Like you, I had never heard of this until relatively recently.

I am also quite concerned about the incidence of adhd kids and autism.
I do know the mercury in the baby shots are suspected of causing some of the autism, but there is just so much of this.
I had NEVER even heard of this until the past 10-20 years. Now its almost epidemic.  Its very hard to find a child that is not on some sort of drug for this lately.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: May 20, 2007, 10:04:04 AM »

BTGirl,

I will later and have a great day too..  I need to feed a couple of cats that their master left in charge of me.. So later..

Terry
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #665 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:03 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"

I think so, BT
I think our food supply has been tinkered too much and that could be causing some of this.
THing is, my hubby only developed this in middle age (40's), got tested, and has a mild allergy to gluten. HOwever, that mild allergy causes all sorts of digestive upsets, pain and tummy flu-like symptoms.

YEs, also the peanut allergy. What is THAT all about? Like you, I had never heard of this until relatively recently.

I am also quite concerned about the incidence of adhd kids and autism.
I do know the mercury in the baby shots are suspected of causing some of the autism, but there is just so much of this.
I had NEVER even heard of this until the past 10-20 years. Now its almost epidemic.  Its very hard to find a child that is not on some sort of drug for this lately.

A person would have to think that there's something environmental causing all this, huh? It has to be something in the food, air, water, etc.

I Stand With The Girl
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »

I have a theory on the wheat gluten and why so many are intollerent.  

It was wheat cluten that was found to contain the melanine that killed the pets.  My theory is that we have been eating foods that contain wheat gluten that has been tainted and some of us are more tolerant than others to it.  The amounts that killed the pets would likely just make us feel sick but would not kill us (not quickly anyway).

I'm only 1/2 awake posting this so hope it makes sense, lol  Laughing

Morning, Klaas
THis makes perfect sense to me and could well be the cause.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:50 AM »

I'll be reading back for a few minutes, but don't have a lot of time this morning.  Can anyone summarize last night's Radio show?  Any news?  

Oh, and Top of the Morning to you, Monkeys.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: May 20, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
BTGirl,

I will later and have a great day too..  I need to feed a couple of cats that their master left in charge of me.. So later..

Terry

Hey, Terry
Good to see you! Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: May 20, 2007, 10:07:39 AM »

Well, y'all are too much fun and it's distracting me from all those chores. I'd better get off here and get to work or I won't get that nap this afternoon.

Later gators.

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #670 on: May 20, 2007, 10:07:41 AM »

I just flipped over to Fox and caught the tail end of a report about a body being dug up somewhere in the U.S.  Any idea what that story is about?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: May 20, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
I'll be reading back for a few minutes, but don't have a lot of time this morning.  Can anyone summarize last night's Radio show?  Any news?  

Laughing Last nights Dana Pretzer was 2 1/2 hours long and pretty hard to summarize.  Tom did just get the podcast up though so you can listen to it yourself.  Tylergal transcribed alot of it as well but you will have to read back in this thread to see her posts.

It was a GREAT show and well worth listening to the podcast!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:05 AM »

I just flipped over to Fox and caught the tail end of a report about a body being dug up somewhere in the U.S.  Any idea what that story is about?

Yeah, read something about it late last night.  A cop that was killed I think.  Will find an article..hold on

My guess is it's this guy:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273950,00.html
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:34 AM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
WD40 works on many things,but I would be careful on computers.

Give McGuiver a can of WD40 and a roll of duct tape and he could win the war in Iraq!

I used to love that show! That guy could do anything with almost nothing!

This brings back memories! Back when I had the large sheep farm we always carried WD40, a roll of duct tape, baby aspirin , super glue and tweezers around in our tack box! It could fix anything from sheep doldrums, entropian in a newborn,  to a broken leg on a lamb! Laughing
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: May 20, 2007, 10:10:19 AM »

Well, y'all are too much fun and it's distracting me from all those chores. I'd better get off here and get to work or I won't get that nap this afternoon.

Later gators.

I want at least one more cup-o-joe before I get off my butt and do anything.   Razz
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: May 20, 2007, 10:10:41 AM »

Later gators.

Have a great day! Laughing
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #676 on: May 20, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »

Yeah, read something about it late last night.  A cop that was killed I think.  Will find an article..hold on

My guess is it's this guy:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273950,00.html

That's probably it and it is sad.  Guy makes a routine traffic stop and all hell breaks loose.  Reminds me of Fargo.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: May 20, 2007, 10:22:23 AM »

I just don't know if I could live a life free of glutens.  What is a gluten?   Laughing

flower    Laughing

While everyone is talking about the price of gas, second-hand smoke and global warming, we are polluting our "personal" environment every day with harmful chemicals.  Most of the products you use to clean your home, car, office, and yourself, contain toxic chemicals.  While torturing animals may have given the EPA and FDA a measure for toxicity, i.e., how much of this it takes to kill, these things, over time, get into our systems and can cause all sorts of ailments.  It is believed by some scientists that indoor air pollution is causing higher levels of cancer, ADD, bronchitis, asthma and allergies.  While it's being studied more now, there are so many big companies that have a lot of money at stake if their product formulas have to be changed to eliminate chemicals that were considered "safe".

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: May 20, 2007, 10:24:44 AM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

Laughing Last nights Dana Pretzer was 2 1/2 hours long and pretty hard to summarize.  Tom did just get the podcast up though so you can listen to it yourself.  Tylergal transcribed alot of it as well but you will have to read back in this thread to see her posts.

It was a GREAT show and well worth listening to the podcast!

Wow.  I'll be sure to allow some time for that.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: May 20, 2007, 10:26:21 AM »

Is MF male or female?  The way he/she harps on Beth's personal relationships does not sound characteristic of most males, does it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.