April 17, 2024, 07:12:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 161463 times)
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

I think that island is one big mess.  That's what the deal is with the awful car accidents and the knifings etc.  It's all about drugs.  They have a big problem.

Aruba is One Happy Island if you are a drug dealer, thief, rapist, or money launderer. Everybody else, tourists and locals alike, get the shaft by their corrupt government who lets the criminals roam unabated.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:42 AM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
Quote from: "Frijole"

I think that island is one big mess.  That's what the deal is with the awful car accidents and the knifings etc.  It's all about drugs.  They have a big problem.

Aruba is One Happy Island if you are a drug dealer, thief, rapist, or money launderer. Everybody else, tourists and locals alike, get the shaft by their corrupt government who lets the criminals roam unabated.

IIRC it was Mark Furman that said on Fox a while back"If you want to murder someone or commit a murder Aruba's the place to go"(not exact quote.) Twisted Evil

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2007, 10:23:14 AM »

Posted by Also_Dutch at RU:

Also_Dutch Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:29 am  

Quote:

Wednesday June 15th 2005
Later I hear from my parents that they searched the house today. Suddenly a horde of police, plain clothes detectives and press stand in front of our door.

Ben King, a good friend of my father's is visiting us with his wife. We know him for 15 years and my mothers is best friends with his wife. I also attended middle school together with their eldest daughter. He took two weeks off from work to avoid work and private to mix up. He works as policy-assistant at the Openbaar Ministerie, but as a non-jurist he is working on completely different cases, than the Holloway case.

The above quote is taken from page 165 of Joran's book. This cleares the matter of Judges at the Van der Sloot residence. Ben King is a civil servant and not a lawyer, judge or (A)DA.

I think I don't ahve to explain further
crazybabyborg
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Posted by Also_Dutch at RU:

Also_Dutch Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:29 am  

Quote:

Wednesday June 15th 2005
Later I hear from my parents that they searched the house today. Suddenly a horde of police, plain clothes detectives and press stand in front of our door.

Ben King, a good friend of my father's is visiting us with his wife. We know him for 15 years and my mothers is best friends with his wife. I also attended middle school together with their eldest daughter. He took two weeks off from work to avoid work and private to mix up. He works as policy-assistant at the Openbaar Ministerie, but as a non-jurist he is working on completely different cases, than the Holloway case.

The above quote is taken from page 165 of Joran's book. This cleares the matter of Judges at the Van der Sloot residence. Ben King is a civil servant and not a lawyer, judge or (A)DA.

I think I don't ahve to explain further

What is that position, anyway? It's all a "good 'ole boy network" but I don't understand what Ben King's job description is.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »

Good Morning!

Klaas,
I have read accounts of that search that say both Ben Vocking AND Judge Witt were present and it was then that Witt limited the scope of the search.

JMO but I do think both of them were present.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2007, 10:30:22 AM »

STILL

As is:

JR DUTCH ATTY
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2007, 10:35:28 AM »

Ben Vocking was over the jails and prison system during the Alex Matthews scandal which Aruba lost in the International Court of Human Rights.  Matthews didn't get much money but it was a moral victory.  He allegedly broke Ben Vocking's jaw fighting in prison was why he was treated so badly.  

Marianne Croes admitted that whatever that strange title is, Vocking was a member of the Office of the Prosecution and that he took off vacation time to be there to support his good friend Paulus.  Guess he was returning the favor Paulus did him when Paulus was in charge of evidence on Matthews, etc.  

How's that for conflict of interest?  A member of the Prosecution on hand to obfuscate a search.  That would get a person fired in this country in a heartbeat but this is Aruba.

So Joran says the ALE is totally corrupt and this is who investigated Natalee's disappearance.

Does that last paragraph say something about getting a small cell phone in past the metal detectors?  I just see something about celular and metal detector.  Could say most anything.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2007, 10:35:56 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Good Morning!

Klaas,
I have read accounts of that search that say both Ben Vocking AND Judge Witt were present and it was then that Witt limited the scope of the search.

Would not surprise me at all.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »

Well in some drug cultures,the cartels give a presant for ratting on them,like in the jail.Joran,we need you alive untill after you tell the truth and you go to jail.Then,who cares
crazybabyborg
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:30 AM »

He took 2 weeks off from work to avoid "private-work" to mix up?
Of course he did. The lofty ethics in Aruba would never allow for even the appearance of inpropriety!  Rolling Eyes That's why Paulus drove himself to the police station when they came to arrest him. That's why Ben King took the trouble to take a leave of absence and then "visit" at Paulus' house to coincide with the search warrant!

We should have such stellor public servants!!!  Evil or Very Mad
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:56 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
STILL

As is:

JR DUTCH ATTY

But don't they want to support Joran in his saying that ALE is corrupt?  KIA was built to offset the tremendous international scandal of keeping Alex Matthews in solitary with only half a roof over his head for nine months.  It is suppose to be the State of the Art and the Model of the Entire Caribbean as far as a prison system goes.

Don't tell me there is corruption there!  I am shocked, just shocked!   Rolling Eyes

Cool

Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2007, 10:40:42 AM »

Tiger,
Yes, I hope we get the truth out of Joran before he is presented with new neckwear!  

Can anyone shed any light on that last paragraph?  Anyone read Spanish?  That might be close.

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2007, 10:41:07 AM »

Good Morning!

Klaas,

Yes you are correct Anna.  Both Peter De Vries and Beth said it one night on TV.  Joran is trying to debunk the story about Judge Wit being there.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2007, 10:42:06 AM »

Anna, I too, remember Judge Witt's name being given as present when the search warrant team came to Paulus' house. I cannot remember the exact source. Klaas? You're the best at that sort of recall............do you remember where that came from?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2007, 10:43:36 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Anna, I too, remember Judge Witt's name being given as present when the search warrant team came to Paulus' house. I cannot remember the exact source. Klaas? You're the best at that sort of recall............do you remember where that came from?

I believe as San just posted it was the DeVries show.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2007, 10:43:45 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Good Morning!

Klaas,

Yes you are correct Anna.  Both Peter De Vries and Beth said it one night on TV.  Joran is trying to debunk the story about Judge Wit being there.

Laughing  Laughing A good question is always worth repeating!
Sorry, San. I was typing as you were answering, and I would have included your recall as well if I had known you were here.  Wink
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2007, 10:44:38 AM »

Ben Vocking was over the jails and prison system during the Alex Matthews scandal which Aruba lost in the International Court of Human Rights.  Matthews didn't get much money but it was a moral victory.  He allegedly broke Ben Vocking's jaw fighting in prison was why he was treated so badly.  

Marianne Croes admitted that whatever that strange title is, Vocking was a member of the Office of the Prosecution and that he took off vacation time to be there to support his good friend Paulus.  Guess he was returning the favor Paulus did him when Paulus was in charge of evidence on Matthews, etc.  

How's that for conflict of interest?  A member of the Prosecution on hand to obfuscate a search.  That would get a person fired in this country in a heartbeat but this is Aruba.

So Joran says the ALE is totally corrupt and this is who investigated Natalee's disappearance.

Does that last paragraph say something about getting a small cell phone in past the metal detectors?  I just see something about celular and metal detector.  Could say most anything.

Remember Paulus is alleged to have hid the evidence exonerating Mathew for about two years. And in which kept Mathew in solitary where he almost dies.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2007, 10:47:15 AM »

Janet is also excellent on finding things so perhaps she will come on and post something verifying both were present.  I do recall someone saying Ben Vocking actually opened the door to Joran's shed.

You don't suppose he had been doing a bit of professional tidying-up in there do you?

In my dreams, Natalee has always been in a professional body bag.   Sad

Have they searched the Vocking household for any of those items Anita is alleged to have stashed away, those things she apparently deemed incriminating???  Well, since he is such a long-term member of LE, I guess he is immune to search and seizure laws.  And surely by now, they have all gotten rid of anything they were holding.

Instead of asking Jamie if he was holding something for Joran, maybe they should have been asking Vocking if he was holding anything for Paulus!  Or Anita!  What did she ask people to hold?  And why?

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2007, 10:50:02 AM »

Rob: I must say, you may have my favorite avatar. It's the only one that addresses the frustration I feel over this case with just a touch of vengence!  Laughing  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2007, 10:50:09 AM »

Posted by Paul at FOB:

paul

Mana:  
  Posted: Mon May 21st, 2007 07:36 am   Quote     Reply  

BFN began a thread yesterday claiming that profilers "sources inform him or her" that Paulus Van Der Sloot has been secreted to Holland by Dutch police.

I asked Joe Tacopina last night by email. His response is a definite no.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.