April 23, 2024, 08:31:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 161584 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2007, 08:14:48 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

OK who can translate this for me please.  Laughing  Laughing
I know what you call biscuits we call scones, so I take it these are prepared scone dough maybe frozen or chilled ready to bake????

Apart from that the recipe looks interesting and I can substitute for the "biscuits".   Thank you LilPuma

Hi Tibro - they're just big scones that are refrigerated and ready to bake - not cookies.  Laughing

We need to get Tibro over to the Cracker Barrel. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I'll bet Tibro would absolutely love Cracker Barrel! Wink

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #381 on: May 21, 2007, 08:15:27 PM »

I know what you call biscuits we call scones, so I take it these are prepared scone dough maybe frozen or chilled ready to bake????

Apart from that the recipe looks interesting and I can substitute for the "biscuits".   Thank you LilPuma

Hi Tibro - they're just big scones that are refrigerated and ready to bake - not cookies.  Laughing

Thanks BT - I guess I am learning "Americanese".  Said something the other day to DH and he said WHAT?  Must have been an expression I picked up here  (like Rats Patootie) Laughing  Laughing

Will email the book details today - was like a zombie yesterday after all the weekend activities.  Rolling Eyes

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #382 on: May 21, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »

Tibro, flour, buttermilk,  a little lard (or butter), made into a thick tea-cake like thingie, no sugar added.  Does that help.  Do you have tea-cakes?

Yes we have tea cakes.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2007, 08:18:36 PM »

Thanks BT - I guess I am learning "Americanese".  Said something the other day to DH and he said WHAT?  Must have been an expression I picked up here  (like Rats Patootie) Laughing  Laughing

Will email the book details today - was like a zombie yesterday after all the weekend activities.  Rolling Eyes

TY, Tibro.

I know what you mean about picking up expressions. I say sometimes that I'm bilingual - I speak both English and American.  Laughing

When I'm with Simon's family I use the British words for things, and then when I get home I forget and use them here too, and people look at me like I've lost my mind.   Rolling Eyes  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: May 21, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »

TY, Tibro.

I know what you mean about picking up expressions. I say sometimes that I'm bilingual - I speak both English and American.  Laughing

When I'm with Simon's family I use the British words for things, and then when I get home I forget and use them here too, and people look at me like I've lost my mind.   Rolling Eyes  Laughing

I just love the expressions the Bristish and Australians use for things!!!!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »

We need to get Tibro over to the Cracker Barrel. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I'll bet Tibro would absolutely love Cracker Barrel! Wink

OK - I will bite again Rolling Eyes  What is the Cracker Barrel?

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: May 21, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »

There you go:

http://www.crackerbarrel.com/

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #387 on: May 21, 2007, 08:25:20 PM »

There you go:

That is so interesting.  I have bookmarked it to read more later.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #388 on: May 21, 2007, 08:27:45 PM »

There you go:

It's a chain of old-fashioned restaurants combined with gift shops. They have great food, and on your way out you can buy a rocking chair.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #389 on: May 21, 2007, 08:28:37 PM »

Hi Tibro, San, and ArtColley!!!   Very Happy  Very Happy

I apologize.  I signed on, then my hubby yelled at me that Jack Bauer was just coming on!  So I missed your posts.  I'm always doing that.  

And Yes, Tibro, I'm always napping.  This avatar is very true to life!!

I came in to check and see what's going on.  I forgot 24 was doing a double header tonight.  I'll check back a little later to see what I missed here.  
See ya later!   Very Happy  Very Happy  Shocked

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #390 on: May 21, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »

There you go:

It's a chain of old-fashioned restaurants combined with gift shops. They have great food, and on your way out you can buy a rocking chair.  Laughing

By the look of some of their meals that is all you would be able to manage - sit and rock  Laughing  Laughing

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »

There you go:

By the look of some of their meals that is all you would be able to manage - sit and rock  Laughing  Laughing

Oh my goodness, yes! Only go to Cracker Barrel when you're REALLY hungry.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2007, 08:38:36 PM »

There you go:

Oh my goodness, yes! Only go to Cracker Barrel when you're REALLY hungry.  Laughing

Y'all must be talking about a different Cracker Barrel than the ones we have around here cuz the ones around here are nasty   puker
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: May 21, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Y'all must be talking about a different Cracker Barrel than the ones we have around here cuz the ones around here are nasty   puker

Well, it is good old southern country cooking. Are you not from the south? Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #394 on: May 21, 2007, 08:43:24 PM »

Well, it is good old southern country cooking. Are you not from the south? Laughing

originally, yes.  But these cracker barrels they have around here (Michigan) are not good old southern country cooking, they are nasty instead puker

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #395 on: May 21, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »

originally, yes.  But these cracker barrels they have around here (Michigan) are not good old southern country cooking, they are nasty instead puker

I guess yankees don't know how to cook southern.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: May 21, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »

I guess yankees don't know how to cook southern.  Laughing

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: May 21, 2007, 08:49:59 PM »

Quote from: "tidycat"
Hi Tibro, San, and ArtColley!!!   Very Happy  Very Happy

I apologize.  I signed on, then my hubby yelled at me that Jack Bauer was just coming on!  So I missed your posts.  I'm always doing that.  

And Yes, Tibro, I'm always napping.  This avatar is very true to life!!

I came in to check and see what's going on.  I forgot 24 was doing a double header tonight.  I'll check back a little later to see what I missed here.  
See ya later!   Very Happy  Very Happy  Shocked

Enjoy your show, Tidycat!
I had to run off for a bit too, the Bichon wanted "monkey time" with her toy monkey! She is wound up today..too much fresh air I guess! Laughing
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: May 21, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »

actually, you are right.  Southern folks are better cooks than yankees

Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2007, 08:50:48 PM »

Oh, lordy mercy - I'm shocked that someone born a southern gentleman would use such an expression.  Shocked  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.