April 26, 2024, 01:48:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 161672 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »

Nite Indy
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #461 on: May 21, 2007, 09:42:26 PM »

Ok, I posted my salsa recipe in the Lounge!  If anyone trys it let me know what you think!  My family loves it!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
Goodnite, be back tomorrow. Death to the VanDerSloots!!!

Nite, IndyDan.

I Stand With The Girl
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2007, 09:43:12 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Tib, I would love to see some Aussie recipes!  But you might have to translate some things...  Wink

"Shrimp On The Barbie" translates to English VERY nicely, indeed!  Wink

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #464 on: May 21, 2007, 09:43:20 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "blah"
ok one more offtopic and I will quit..

I see Aljazeera is using the same photoshopped/doctored photo's they used the last time Israel retaliated against the terrorists in Lebonnon

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

One more off topic response.  Go here to get your own fold out Flat Fatima that you can put in any photo at any time.  Makes photoshopping those pics a breeze!

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=798

Yes, I am a few pages behind due to nap!

Otherwise I get cranky, so I am told.   Rolling Eyes

Shocked Rolling Eyes

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: May 21, 2007, 09:43:48 PM »

i am a braves/Red Sock fan.Death to the VDS,after the case is solvee,because they are two dangerous to live on the same planet.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: May 21, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Artcolley"

However, other things "woke" up.  I have realized I have gained some uncanny abilities that I can't explain, but that is a whole "nother story! Wink

I wanna hear the whole "nother story." Please?

Yep - inquiring minds want to know  Wink  Wink

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: May 21, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
I still like Gumbo,hot water corn bread and Brunswick stew.Mixed inside/outside sliced is good and a good Greek salad.Thank Klass.

I'm with you Tiger about the Gumbo!  I grew up in Louisiana and can still make a pretty gumbo!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: May 21, 2007, 09:44:26 PM »

Quote from: "NM"
At 14 yrs, I traveled to FL w/ my family, we stopped in a small dinner in VA. The waitress, said, you're all yankees. I said no. We are from Philly. She looked at me like, Is Philly on Mars?, then I said We are Phillies fans.
My parents had to explain to me what a yankee was. Laughing

Hey Monkeys!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #469 on: May 21, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Dihannah - yes I will find some Australian recipes and post in the lounge as time permits.  Will try to translate where I can.  Measurements are usual metric though, and they are hard to convert especially in the small amounts.
I do have a cookbook that explains some of the differences such as all purpose flour etc.

That would be awesome.  I remember when I was in about 6th grade, the country was talking abut converting to metrics and they started teaching us how to use it.  For some reason that didn't last long.   I'm horrible with metrics now..

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #470 on: May 21, 2007, 09:44:43 PM »

What kind of Roux do you make.I make an Okra roux
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #471 on: May 21, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »

However, other things "woke" up.  I have realized I have gained some uncanny abilities that I can't explain, but that is a whole "nother story! Wink

Its long and I am tired, but will perhaps talk about it in the lounge one of these days.]
I did have everyone praying for me...including some natives in Brasil and Argentina had their people dancing, using incense and praying in their own ways.
I saw them while recovering..then I was told about them after the fact. I got the strangest feeling because I saw them. All of them.
I was literally being carried. Not floating..carried.
Strangest thing I ever experienced.

Since then, I can "see" things. I have always been able to somewhat, the women in my family are "dreamers". But it has sharpened dramatically.
Quite frankly, I try not to think about it a lot because it frightens me somewhat.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: May 21, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »

Dihannah - yes I will find some Australian recipes and post in the lounge as time permits.  Will try to translate where I can.  Measurements are usual metric though, and they are hard to convert especially in the small amounts.
I do have a cookbook that explains some of the differences such as all purpose flour etc.

That would be awesome.  I remember when I was in about 6th grade, the country was talking abut converting to metrics and they started teaching us how to use it.  For some reason that didn't last long.   I'm horrible with metrics now..

I always have problems with cooking temperatures. I mean, what the heck is regulo 3?  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #473 on: May 21, 2007, 09:47:42 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
Ok, I posted my salsa recipe in the Lounge!  If anyone trys it let me know what you think!  My family loves it!

I'll take a peak and try it out.  My family loves Salsa! and try to add some recipes too.  Thanks

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #474 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48:06 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
I don't know what I would identify as "Yankee" cooking, actually... it doesn't seem to have  any specific food or taste associated with it, like fried chicken, etc.

I guess if you could consider something like Maine lobster as authentic Yankee cooking, I say BRING IT ON!!! I could DEFINITELY enjoy the seafood and such that you find up in New England.

Your right, You make me try to think.  All I can say, is OH is very diverse, but cannot think of "Yankee" food either.

Baked beans, chowder, fiddleheads, corn bread, brown bread w/raisins baked in a can are just a few Yankee things! Laughing
Its all good as far as I am concerned..I love to eat..Northern or Southern!
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48:07 PM »

Quote from: "NM"

SB, Yankees are good at baseball Razz

Checked the standings lately?  Wink

10 games out and well on on the minus side of .500. The yankees who live in Boston are quite happy right now, though LOL.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #476 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

Its long and I am tired, but will perhaps talk about it in the lounge one of these days.]
I did have everyone praying for me...including some natives in Brasil and Argentina had their people dancing, using incense and praying in their own ways.
I saw them while recovering..then I was told about them after the fact. I got the strangest feeling because I saw them. All of them.
I was literally being carried. Not floating..carried.
Strangest thing I ever experienced.

Since then, I can "see" things. I have always been able to somewhat, the women in my family are "dreamers". But it has sharpened dramatically.
Quite frankly, I try not to think about it a lot because it frightens me somewhat.

I understand, and I would love to hear more sometime.

I Stand With The Girl
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48:26 PM »

I also like tofu,which makes a lib,in some areas
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48:53 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
I still like Gumbo,hot water corn bread and Brunswick stew.Mixed inside/outside sliced is good and a good Greek salad.Thank Klass.

I am a big fan of Corn Bread and Greek Salad, Tiger.

I have an English friend who married an ex-Marine from Boston and she makes great corn bread.  I have tried to make it but it is always like a sponge cake texture, not bread texture.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »

I always have problems with cooking temperatures. I mean, what the heck is regulo 3?  Laughing

I don't have that problem since I cook on a woodstove! Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.