April 24, 2024, 10:49:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 161619 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #560 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:07 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

I remember a Brit trying to describe the potato chips he had eaten.  He didn't know what to call them and said "like little crisps".

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #561 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:39 PM »

I think the trick with okra in gumbo is to put the okra in LATER, after the roux and the other stuff has cooked a while. Our Cajun Monkeys can address said subject much better than I, though.

Speaking of which... has anyone heard anything from Cubbeegirl lately?

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #562 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:46 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "NM"

you mean your cooker doesn't increment in regulos Laughing  Gotta run the hoover while wearing my braces and jumper. j/k I am not going to vaccum!

Yes, you're absolutely right. And what I'm going to cook with my cooker is gammon and aubergines and baps.  Laughing

Ah, eggplant.  You have to cook that right, also; otherwise, it is poison.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #563 on: May 21, 2007, 10:33:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
That is sooo funny!   Wonder what you have to ask for, to get a real Milk shake?  So is it true that everything has a similar taste, possibly from cooking in same type of oil?  I mean, she went for days barely eating.  The taste made her sick.

No, I've actually had some extremely good food in Britain. It might have been that she was limited to eating in only a few places, like people tend to do when they're traveling on business. Since Simon has family and friends in different areas, we find out the best places to eat and go there. Surprisingly, the best places are usually the pubs.

That's true when traveling.  I know some hosts of the center took them to out to dinner, but no idea where they went.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2007, 10:33:29 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

you mean your cooker doesn't increment in regulos Laughing  Gotta run the hoover while wearing my braces and jumper. j/k I am not going to vaccum!

Yes, you're absolutely right. And what I'm going to cook with my cooker is gammon and aubergines and baps.  Laughing

I'm not surprised. It sure looks poisonous.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #565 on: May 21, 2007, 10:34:31 PM »

hey by the way- when is the muddah ship coming to pick up Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Greta?

I hope it isnt too much longer and they have room for M. Jackson.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #566 on: May 21, 2007, 10:34:31 PM »

Well, obviously you have never had my grits, BT. LOL  I don't serve wallpaper paste grits...I use butter and salt and pepper and lots of cheese and egg to make baked cheesy grits.

Hi monkeys!!!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #567 on: May 21, 2007, 10:35:26 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Well, obviously you have never had my grits, BT. LOL  I don't serve wallpaper paste grits...I use butter and salt and pepper and lots of cheese and egg to make baked cheesy grits.

Hi monkeys!!!

Hi, Lalas! You'll just have to fix me some of those grits sometimes.  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #568 on: May 21, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "Buckeye"
Okra was so pretty in the soup....please...DO NOT steam it....real slime....my last adventure at southern cooking... Laughing

how do you avoid the slime if you cook it in a gumbo in a slow cooker?

Sometimes it makes the slime and sometimes it seems fine and I have no idea why

Very tender okra is slimier than older okra ,and the younger and more tender, the more "slime."

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: May 21, 2007, 10:35:38 PM »

Oh my, I didn't know that! ARghghg
I LOVE eggplant parmagiana!  (I KNOW I didn't spell that correctly!)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: May 21, 2007, 10:36:46 PM »

Hi monkeys!!!

Hya, Lala's!!!
HOw are you tonight?
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #571 on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:11 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "Artcolley"

YEs, it does and everything tastes sooo good. Of course, now that the warm weather is coming, I'll be back to burning everything on the electric stove, lol! Laughing

Wood stoves remind me of the farm of my late aunt and uncle. I loved to visit there. Their water came from a well with a hand pump, they had a wood stove, their house was made of enormous logs, and my aunt had a quilting frame that would lower from the ceiling. Gosh, I loved that place!

And all the trendies are trying to go back to that lifestyle.

Yes!!! lol, they sure are!
I began using a woodstove when I lived in the far North and it served to do everything I needed..dried herbs, raise bread, warm chilled lambs, and kept the new Border Collie pups cozy and warm!
I spun my own yarn and would pick wild things for dyestuffs and could simmer the kettles nicely on it.
In the Winter at 35 below, everyone would stop to visit and drink coffee or tea around the woodstove! It was fun. Even the fellow that came to fix the thermostat one day didn't want to leave, lol!
For this place I got a newer stove, A Stanley that I just love. Its high enough for the dogs to crawl under without getting burned.

But, yes, the "return to Earth" people love my lifestyle! Funny thing is, this is just the way I've lived for the past 25 years! Laughing

Art,
One last post, just saw this as I was leaving. Your place sounds so wonderful. I want to come by for coffee and sit around the hearth!
Also, the other stuff you posted about that kinda scares you sounds really interesting and neat. I hope it becomes less to not-at-all scarey to you.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #572 on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:12 PM »

Evening

Anyone watching the bachelor??  If he picks BEVIN..  I am gonna barf!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #573 on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »

Art, you do not have to answer me if you do not want to, but sometimes I think surgery and/or therapy in and around the brain can make one stutter.  I always suspected Rainman in the movie (in real life) had undergone ECT which made him stutter.  No proof of anything I say, but I have a friend whose brother stuttered after AVM surgery.  It is amazing how we even make it through these procedures, muchless ever walk or talk again.  The brain is a delicate little creature.

Carrying on with this OT train of thought (no pun intended), the brain is truely
amazing. One thing that I find fascinating is that often when someone has a stroke that effects the part of the brain involving the ability to speak and express oneself, if that person has a second language say English, they often loose the ability to speak English, but  retain the ability to still  speak their original language. This does not happen 100% of the time but frequently. I guess what I find interesting is that I would think speech would be generated from the same part of the brain.......apparently no completely true.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #574 on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:28 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
hey by the way- when is the muddah ship coming to pick up Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Greta?

I hope it isnt too much longer and they have room for M. Jackson.

LOL, yeah, they need to take 1/3 of Hollywood!

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:58 PM »

Speaking of slimy stuff..how about tripe? BOY is THAT slimy stuff.
I had some deep fried a few years back just to try it. OMG..thought I was gonna die! Shocked
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #576 on: May 21, 2007, 10:38:15 PM »

Sounded like this Murat did something odd... but that was coming from Greta...who knows what she considers odd. hurry up already!!!!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #577 on: May 21, 2007, 10:38:33 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Yankee cooking:  

bagels
big hot soft pretzels
deep dish, Chicago style pizza
Philly cheesesteak
polenta
anything Italian
Maine Lobster
Yankee Pot Roast

I don't think there's anything that defines "Yankee cooking", but there are things that are "northern".

no offense LilPuma, but polenta is third world gruel.

Uh, no, that would be grits.   Laughing

LilPuma - Both sides of my family tree have lived in the south since the 1700s, so I'm as southern as it gets, but I will NOT eat grits.  Laughing

Have you ever been to Charleston?  If so, and you do not eat grits, what did you eat when you were there?  LOL.  Even the high-end, high-faluting restaurants serve collards and grits with fricking lobster tail.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #578 on: May 21, 2007, 10:38:44 PM »

Rob, I'd like to mail a truck load of kool-aid for their party.

Hi Sam

Tib, thank you for the translation. I really only could figure out the aubergines

Dihannan, be carefull with mushrooms.

Please! No description of what is fat-back nor bubbles and squeek!

Niters sweet Monkeys. I got a toothache Crying or Very sad
and it's not even tooth:hurty(2:30)yet Laughing

Nite NM - hee hee  Bubble and squeak is just leftover mashed potatoes, with any other leftover vegetables and cooked cabbage all mixed together and fried.  The cabbage makes it "squeak" as it is cooking.   Tastes a lot better than it sounds  Laughing  Laughing

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #579 on: May 21, 2007, 10:38:49 PM »

Hi monkeys!!!

Hi, Lalas! You'll just have to fix me some of those grits sometimes.  Wink

Me too! My mom used to try and stuff that down me when I was little and I remember gagging!  yukkk

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.