April 17, 2024, 09:51:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 161468 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: May 22, 2007, 11:10:10 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "NM"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
I see that Medley is proud of her enduring relationship with the fine young gentleman known as Boeti.  I wonder what those conversations she claims to have had with the guy entailed.  “Hey mister, got a dime bag?”

Well, probably the only convos she could actually follow! Surprised  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Art, one 325-mg aspirin dissolved well in 5 gallons of water.  Water new starts with this, keep them moist but not wet.  Do not allow to dry completely between watering.  Not too much sunlight but not dark shade.  Filtered sunlight.  Sometimes i put my cuttings that I am going to root under a big rose which shades it but allows just enough sunlight in.

THanks! I printed that one out..will also do that.
BTW, can I get coir at any nursery, or should I send for it?
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: May 22, 2007, 11:11:01 AM »

Thanks!

And I'm learning Very Happy  I saved the pictures this time  Laughing

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #942 on: May 22, 2007, 11:13:06 AM »

Art and Monkeys,good morning.Art,it was a Brown Recluse,a nasty customer.I have a stupid question.I know a dime bag is a unit of measure,but how much is it.Or is an ambigous measure like learners permit and training bra.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: May 22, 2007, 11:16:34 AM »

Art, I order coir from a provider at E-Bay, but I get a lot of it since I do lots of stuff.  It comes in a small package and one packet of several will do a ton of cuttings.  Put it in a tub and add water.  It expands.  You can get an adequate amount from your pet supply store for a few cuttings.

I put gravel with holes in the bottom of the container so it gets adequate drainage and prevents rot.  You can also put perlite in the bottom of the container but make sure it has holes also.  If not, your roots will rot as they damp off.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/GardenerK/shoebox.jpg

This person did not have hers deep enough (2 inches) and no holes and no drainage or rocks in the bottom and hers rotted, even though they were putting on top growth, so make sure there is great drainage and the plant does not get wet enough to rot; the reason for the holes and gravel in the bottom.  I hope that makes sense.  I copied this picture from one that was posted on GW a few months ago when this person was asking what she had done wrong, as her roots rotted.  See there is only about 2 inches and that is not enough and that plastic container does not allow drainage unless yout put holes and rock in the bottom.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: May 22, 2007, 11:16:40 AM »

msmarple
Thank YOu for those news clippings.
I find the one about Chavez most troubling.   It seems to me that the Dutch should be very concerned especially about Aruba since it is so close to the mainland.
However, WE should also be concerned about that whole region.
If Chavez is not euthanized, we may see a war over this. I mean a HUGE war. After all, many countries in Europe have interests in that region.  They'll need our help and we'll need theirs.
This whole thing is going to come to a head.
Makes sense that Chavez has been cozying up to the Iranians of late, doesn't it? They'd LOVE to ship some high powered weaponry into Venezuela.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: May 22, 2007, 11:17:35 AM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
Art and Monkeys,good morning.Art,it was a Brown Recluse,a nasty customer.I have a stupid question.I know a dime bag is a unit of measure,but how much is it.Or is an ambigous measure like learners permit and training bra.

I don't want to sound like I know too much about this Tiger --  Embarassed

But to my knowledge -- a 'dime' bag doesn't have as much in it as it used to.

It means whatever $10 will buy.

When I was a teen,  I think the dime bags were bigger than they are today Laughing  Laughing

Unless it's still the same 'dime bag' -- only now it costs $100.

I hope this made some sense Laughing

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: May 22, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »

Tiger, yes, I've heard they are nasty ones.

Glad you are okay!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #947 on: May 22, 2007, 11:19:05 AM »

Quote from: "sharon"

I don't want to sound like I know too much about this Tiger --  Embarassed

But to my knowledge -- a 'dime' bag doesn't have as much in it as it used to.

It means whatever $10 will buy.

When I was a teen,  I think the dime bags were bigger than they are today Laughing  Laughing

Unless it's still the same 'dime bag' -- only now it costs $100.

I hope this made some sense Laughing

Laughing
Adjusted for inflation. Laughing

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: May 22, 2007, 11:20:19 AM »

I think back in the Day a dime bag was an amt of reefer for $10.
I think the terms remain but the amt and cost probably differ esp. for diff. drugs.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: May 22, 2007, 11:20:38 AM »

Tyler

Since I don't see San, and I want to help get this thread changed....

have you ever visited the Fairchild Tropical Gardens in South Florida??

It's one of my favorite places to 'ramble' for acres and acres.

I find your gardening posts always so interesting -- you remind me of the 'guides' at Fairchild  Laughing  Laughing

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: May 22, 2007, 11:21:32 AM »

Thank the monkeys Sharon and Art.I know they are vague units of measure.When I was in college,you got offered a joint,a fifth,or a pint.Things have changed some,but the concept is the same.Single Malt is still Single Malt,to bad the Cutty Sark burned and sank,such is life
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #951 on: May 22, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »

Tyler

Since I don't see San, and I want to help get this thread changed....

have you ever visited the Fairchild Tropical Gardens in South Florida??

It's one of my favorite places to 'ramble' for acres and acres.

I find your gardening posts always so interesting -- you remind me of the 'guides' at Fairchild  Laughing  Laughing

Yes, Sharon, I have.  Thank you so much.  You are so sweet to say  that.  I am flattered.  We do sojourns each year to wherever we can.  I guess we are gardening nuts.  Yes, I like to offer useful information to help Klaas.  We have to do San's work for her.  She would appreciate it. Wink

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #952 on: May 22, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »

Art, I order coir from a provider at E-Bay, but I get a lot of it since I do lots of stuff.  It comes in a small package and one packet of several will do a ton of cuttings.  Put it in a tub and add water.  It expands.  You can get an adequate amount from your pet supply store for a few cuttings.

I put gravel with holes in the bottom of the container so it gets adequate drainage and prevents rot.  You can also put perlite in the bottom of the container but make sure it has holes also.  If not, your roots will rot as they damp off.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/GardenerK/shoebox.jpg

This person did not have hers deep enough (2 inches) and no holes and no drainage or rocks in the bottom and hers rotted, even though they were putting on top growth, so make sure there is great drainage and the plant does not get wet enough to rot; the reason for the holes and gravel in the bottom.  I hope that makes sense.  I copied this picture from one that was posted on GW a few months ago when this person was asking what she had done wrong, as her roots rotted.  See there is only about 2 inches and that is not enough and that plastic container does not allow drainage unless yout put holes and rock in the bottom.

Thanks again!!!!  
I can see that person's problem, that photo is very telling.

Does this "coir" come under a brand name or is the name "coir". What section of the pet store should I be looking in? (I've never heard of it and have NO clue, lol!)
I'll also check on Ebay.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: May 22, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »

Laughing  Sharon, I'm sure we both only read about that info. Like from a newspaper!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: May 22, 2007, 11:22:35 AM »

I think the terms remain but the amt and cost probably differ esp. for diff. drugs.

lol

when dinosaurs roamed the earth Laughing  Laughing

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: May 22, 2007, 11:22:52 AM »

i am also trying to advance the blogs.It is locked to protect Robots.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: May 22, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »

Hey Easy,look on the American Stock Exchange,Oil Indexs(public knowledge ) and you can see the price of oil,gas,and a few other things.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: May 22, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"

Thanks again!!!!  
I can see that person's problem, that photo is very telling.

Does this "coir" come under a brand name or is the name "coir". What section of the pet store should I be looking in? (I've never heard of it and have NO clue, lol!)
I'll also check on Ebay.

You know, it's coconut hull that is used for bedding.  Just ask at the pet store for coir.  Or you can check on E-Bay but what you get for $20 will enable you and all your neighbors unless like me, you like to do plants just "because of it."  I think I started to see if it would work and now I root enough that I can give plants to anyone and everyone who does tours of my garden in spring and fall.  I can show them how it is done also and it helps others.  Most people who tour are interested in garden also, and some have never heard of rooting that way.  Aspirin water is not as good as birth control pills dissolved in water, but I cannot get my hands on any birth control pills.  I wish I could.  I have an Ob/Gyn friend who uses them and you would not believe the beautiful flowers!

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: May 22, 2007, 11:26:14 AM »

Laughing  Sharon, I'm sure we both only read about that info. Like from a newspaper!

Of course, of course, We understand.  Twisted Evil

ANd whats with the "Dime Bag' anyhow?
All my friends could afford was a "Nickel Bag", ROFLMAO.
Must be inflation.

Of course, I never indulged, y' know.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: May 22, 2007, 11:27:44 AM »

lol

when dinosaurs roamed the earth Laughing  Laughing

Yea, I think I went to school w/ some of those "guys" in the Geico commercials !

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.