March 28, 2024, 11:10:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 161012 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #480 on: May 21, 2007, 09:49:55 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Dihannah - yes I will find some Australian recipes and post in the lounge as time permits.  Will try to translate where I can.  Measurements are usual metric though, and they are hard to convert especially in the small amounts.
I do have a cookbook that explains some of the differences such as all purpose flour etc.

That would be awesome.  I remember when I was in about 6th grade, the country was talking abut converting to metrics and they started teaching us how to use it.  For some reason that didn't last long.   I'm horrible with metrics now..

I always have problems with cooking temperatures. I mean, what the heck is regulo 3?  Laughing

I don't have that problem since I cook on a woodstove! Laughing

Well, that would definitely simply things!

I Stand With The Girl
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
What kind of Roux do you make.I make an Okra roux

I use olive oil and flour to make my Roux.  I like okra but my children don't so I usually don't use it at all.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2007, 09:50:07 PM »

Dihannah - yes I will find some Australian recipes and post in the lounge as time permits.  Will try to translate where I can.  Measurements are usual metric though, and they are hard to convert especially in the small amounts.
I do have a cookbook that explains some of the differences such as all purpose flour etc.

That would be awesome.  I remember when I was in about 6th grade, the country was talking abut converting to metrics and they started teaching us how to use it.  For some reason that didn't last long.   I'm horrible with metrics now..

I always have problems with cooking temperatures. I mean, what the heck is regulo 3?  Laughing

LOL,  don't think I've ever seen that on my Oven/Stove!  Laughing

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »

I know what chowdah is, but what is a "fiddlehead"?

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2007, 09:50:37 PM »

Yankee cooking:  

bagels
big hot soft pretzels
deep dish, Chicago style pizza
Philly cheesesteak
polenta
anything Italian
Maine Lobster
Yankee Pot Roast

I don't think there's anything that defines "Yankee cooking", but there are things that are "northern".

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: May 21, 2007, 09:51:31 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
Ok, I posted my salsa recipe in the Lounge!  If anyone trys it let me know what you think!  My family loves it!

I'll take a peak and try it out.  My family loves Salsa! and try to add some recipes too.  Thanks

You're welcome!  I would love to see some of your recipes!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #486 on: May 21, 2007, 09:51:59 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Yankee cooking:  

bagels
big hot soft pretzels
Philly cheesesteak
polenta
anything Italian
Maine Lobster
Yankee Pot Roast

I don't think there's anything that defines "Yankee cooking", but there are things that are "northern".

Yes!  I never thought of those, you are right!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: May 21, 2007, 09:52:30 PM »

Apparently it's the same as 350 degrees, but some of the cookbooks I have aren't kind enough to translate regulos into American for me.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: May 21, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
I don't know what I would identify as "Yankee" cooking, actually... it doesn't seem to have  any specific food or taste associated with it, like fried chicken, etc.

I guess if you could consider something like Maine lobster as authentic Yankee cooking, I say BRING IT ON!!! I could DEFINITELY enjoy the seafood and such that you find up in New England.

Your right, You make me try to think.  All I can say, is OH is very diverse, but cannot think of "Yankee" food either.

Baked beans, chowder, fiddleheads, corn bread, brown bread w/raisins baked in a can are just a few Yankee things! Laughing
Its all good as far as I am concerned..I love to eat..Northern or Southern!

This is so true - good food is good wherever it comes from    

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: May 21, 2007, 09:53:08 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
I still like Gumbo,hot water corn bread and Brunswick stew.Mixed inside/outside sliced is good and a good Greek salad.Thank Klass.

I am a big fan of Corn Bread and Greek Salad, Tiger.

I have an English friend who married an ex-Marine from Boston and she makes great corn bread.  I have tried to make it but it is always like a sponge cake texture, not bread texture.

Oh, I love Greek Salad. I make my own dressing for it and it is SO good!!!!
I'm not a big fan of cornbread, though. Too gritty for me or something. I dunno.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: May 21, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »

I don't have that problem since I cook on a woodstove! Laughing

Well, that would definitely simply things!

YEs, it does and everything tastes sooo good. Of course, now that the warm weather is coming, I'll be back to burning everything on the electric stove, lol! Laughing
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: May 21, 2007, 09:55:52 PM »

you mean your cooker doesn't increment in regulos Laughing  Gotta run the hoover while wearing my braces and jumper. j/k I am not going to vaccum!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #492 on: May 21, 2007, 09:56:16 PM »

Apparently it's the same as 350 degrees, but some of the cookbooks I have aren't kind enough to translate regulos into American for me.  Laughing

You need an Aga. Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: May 21, 2007, 09:56:26 PM »

Fiddleheads are the sprouts of ferns. People pick them in the Spring. Cooked they taste just like asparagus to me!
I don't pick them because I am not sure what I am picking, much like picking wild mushrooms! I don't DARE do that! I'd poison the whole family Laughing
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: May 21, 2007, 09:57:18 PM »

Yankee cooking:  

bagels
big hot soft pretzels
Philly cheesesteak
polenta
anything Italian
Maine Lobster
Yankee Pot Roast

YUM to all of that!!! THink I am hungry!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: May 21, 2007, 09:57:35 PM »

Fiddleheads are the sprouts of ferns. People pick them in the Spring. Cooked they taste just like asparagus to me!
I don't pick them because I am not sure what I am picking, much like picking wild mushrooms! I don't DARE do that! I'd poison the whole family Laughing

I know that people used to cook poke salet, but it's poisonous if you do not cook it right, so I never tried that.  My housekeeper says she is going to cook me some day.  Do you think she has a death wish for me! Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: May 21, 2007, 09:57:47 PM »

YEs, it does and everything tastes sooo good. Of course, now that the warm weather is coming, I'll be back to burning everything on the electric stove, lol! Laughing

Wood stoves remind me of the farm of my late aunt and uncle. I loved to visit there. Their water came from a well with a hand pump, they had a wood stove, their house was made of enormous logs, and my aunt had a quilting frame that would lower from the ceiling. Gosh, I loved that place!

I Stand With The Girl
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: May 21, 2007, 09:58:01 PM »

I believe a kind of lettuce.

Or a Charlie Daniels groupie.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #498 on: May 21, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
Goodnite, be back tomorrow. Death to the VanDerSloots!!!

Good nite Indy!

And yes I agree. I was lurkin' over at the FOB and someone (SeaWolf) asked Medley what was the VDS opinion on what happened that nite and she replied something like 'I already told that before' or some such non-sense.

You know, I'm for all the explanations we can get, even the loony ones, but to say the VDS' actually have a coherent answer to this is completely ridiculous.

If some want to drink that kool-aid, so be it. I'll help stir.

After two years there is no doubt there was a cover up as to what happened to Natalee and a smear campaign designed to hurt her family. It was bad enough what happened but to add that extra heaping helping of misery really takes that cake. I have no sympathy for the VDS or Aruba.

If the whole damm thing crashed into the ocean tomorrow, so be it. I could careless about these leeches that breathe the same air as the rest of us.

After careful consideration, I decided I am for vigilante justice. There are some case where the fix is in and there is nothing that can be done except have a team of mercenaries wipe the whole cabal of deranged killers out.

Oh well, that's just me.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: May 21, 2007, 09:58:44 PM »

Yankee cooking:  

bagels
big hot soft pretzels
Philly cheesesteak
polenta
anything Italian
Maine Lobster
Yankee Pot Roast

That ALL looks pretty good although I am also clueless about a polenta, and must have my Philly cheesesteak without onions.

I would never in any way shape or form have considered cornbread a Yankee food! Cornbread to me hass always been a backwoods Arkansas type of thing LOL!

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.