April 18, 2024, 05:33:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #626 5/22 - 5/23/2007  (Read 166306 times)
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 12:06:46 PM »

NM,the birds are pretty and the cookies are tasty.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »

Unless someone wants to give me a lot a money, I'm going to have to head back to work now that my lunch break is over.

See you later, monkeys.

I Stand With The Girl
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »

For the record,I was born.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 12:08:49 PM »

Same here,BT.I don't expect gifts.Look at the oil futures and options on the amex,and see if you trust Big Oil
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »

Quote from: "NM"
Quote from: "Tiger"
I have been rich and poor,so I will take affluent,if I still could,but can't.I never bought a nickle or dime bag,honestly.I traded a term paper,for a whatever.I did not cheat,I was persistent.Very,Very persistent.Is Paulus undergoing the Spanish Inquisistion,Monty Python.

Tig, you are brilliant!  No body gets awya from the Spanish Inquisition.

Max is howling to the fire whistle.

ART, thank you. I just found out I have Orioles. I want to see them. I thought they wanted peanuts and crackerjacks Laughing

Orioles are one of my favorites!  They LOVE a halved orange and a little dish of grape jelly!  They usually eat it all up in a day. Each day I need to replenish their dish! Laughing
Its never failed to attract them!
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 12:15:01 PM »

i like cardinals and Bluebirds.The geese are driving me crazy at times.the wild turkeys are are fun(not the beverage), and beautiful to watch.hummingbirds in season are a great source of beauty.peta members in a cage are funny to watch and deer must be watched for,at dusk.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 12:15:13 PM »

BT, hope your wish comes true.  I've never been wealthy and would be working if my job wasn't eliminated and my eyes were in better condition...there is always something more important to wish for, it seems.

Sharon, I was born and raised in NJ...Passiac County.  Realized I recognized the name of one of Dana's guests....Ed Lozzi...he attended the same HS as I did, but we didn't know one another.  My parents put 3 of 4 through private schooling on a very modest income.   Many of our school mates were better off.

I spent some time snooping around at other sites....now, I'm thinking I should get some paperwork done & maybe get some of those plants in...BT & Tylergal are starting to make me feel like a slacker..

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 12:18:59 PM »

I like plain grits with eggs, but I don’t like fish and grits.  In fact, I just don’t get it!  Confused

Many, many moons ago I was kind of getting back into nature, even subscribed to the Mother Earth News magazine.  So, I decided it was time for me to have my hand at organic vegetable gardening.  Knew nothing about it except what I had read about this and that.  I planted the usual small variety of items, including tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and okra.  It was a miserable failure and cutworms would wipe out my tomato plants overnight.  The only thing that seemed to do well was a row of okra that I had planted near the fence line.  

The old timer living across that fence was a cranky old feller, but he always had a very nice garden.  Everyday I would check on my okra and compare it with his.  I thought I had really done something right with that okra, because the pods on my plants had grown to be about a foot long and a good ¾” in diameter.  I was proud!

One day the old guy next door saw me admiring my gigantic okra and he leaned over the fence to say, “Son, do you know you are supposed to cut that okra every day?”

Suddenly, the pride I felt in my new breed of gigantic okra slipped away, but at least I didn’t try to feed that overgrown stuff to anyone! lol
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 12:25:46 PM »

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »

sigh,  my first day back to work and it is dragging.....  Miss talking to you all whenever I wan't to..... of course, I got nothing done at home, like I planned...

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »

LOL, Easy!  At least you tried!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 12:32:15 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
sigh,  my first day back to work and it is dragging.....  Miss talking to you all whenever I wan't to..... of course, I got nothing done at home, like I planned...

I know the feeling. I had a short day today.. and now have to leave in an hour to go to the friggn courthouse cause my badazz son is fighting a traffic ticket he got.. and he SAYS the cop told him to fight it cause my kid cooperated? Ummm Yeah sure.  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Im suppose to believe that one.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »

i like cardinals and Bluebirds.The geese are driving me crazy at times.the wild turkeys are are fun(not the beverage), and beautiful to watch.hummingbirds in season are a great source of beauty.peta members in a cage are funny to watch and deer must be watched for,at dusk.

For some reason I don't get bluebirds. Wish I did, they are so pretty.
Maybe too many finches and sparrows! The hummingbirds arrived last week and are att he feeders constantly.
We have TOO many wild turkeys. btw, did you know they can fly? I almost hit one last year..i was coming one way and a semi was coming the other way. The  turkey made a split second decision and went straight up like a helicopter..yes. they can fly quite well Shocked
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 12:35:22 PM »

Easy, that organic gardening in the south is not what it is cracked up to be, now is it?  The pontificators about organic gardening do not take into account that nothing can be grown totally organically and see what we are getting with organic from China; it is the same we are getting from all other countries who are importing organic to us.  The reasons our farmers can no longer compete with the big businesses and the overseas gardeners is that our farmers are required by law to do organically and the laws in the countries that are importing "organic foods" to us never have lived by laws and to think a small thing like a rule would interfere with them making big bucks is ludicrious.  There are measures that can be taken in the south to keep it as organic as possible, not completely.  It's just not possible.  We have insects here in the hot humid south that lead entymologists confused and bewildered, running back to their safe havens in the cool northeast and dry southwest, proclaming they did not see it but the reason they did not is because they were too fearful to look.

Try growing tomatoes in large pots with perlite and vermiculite to prevent cutworms and keep the birds from eating them before they ripen.  I can grow enough tomatoes, peppers, etc., for my family in pots and if you want to keep many insects away from them, put a marigold in the pot or ground nearby.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2007, 12:35:26 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

I know the feeling. I had a short day today.. and now have to leave in an hour to go to the friggn courthouse cause my badazz son is fighting a traffic ticket he got.. and he SAYS the cop told him to fight it cause my kid cooperated? Ummm Yeah sure.  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Im suppose to believe that one.

Morning, Angie!
You know, your son just might win this one! Laughing
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2007, 12:35:34 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

Sharon, I was born and raised in NJ...Passiac County.  Realized I recognized the name of one of Dana's guests....Ed Lozzi...he attended the same HS as I did, but we didn't know one another.  My parents put 3 of 4 through private schooling on a very modest income.   Many of our school mates were better off.

I lived in Wayne and West Paterson for awhile. I graduated William Paterson.

My nephews are still in Hawthorne and Bloomingdale. We'll be staying in Mahwah when we visit them in July.

Small world -- neighbor Cool

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2007, 12:38:01 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"

For some reason I don't get bluebirds. Wish I did, they are so pretty.
Maybe too many finches and sparrows! The hummingbirds arrived last week and are att he feeders constantly.
We have TOO many wild turkeys. btw, did you know they can fly? I almost hit one last year..i was coming one way and a semi was coming the other way. The  turkey made a split second decision and went straight up like a helicopter..yes. they can fly quite well Shocked

Bluebird MUST have a specific house; otherwise, the finches and sparrows will take over their homes.  Finches, sparrows are their worst enemy.

Tiger, our garden club was a sponsor of the Bluebird Trail.  I bought houses for each family member to have one on the trail. IT's a great project and the boy scouts are monitoring them for fire ants, actually their worst enemy.  I empathize about the geese, deer, etc.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2007, 12:38:10 PM »

Artcolley wrote:
"Here in Maine we have a few organic seaweed products in the huge bales. I use them with good results."

Artcolley, if you are still here, I just saw this on the previous thread.  Are the organic seaweed products available in smaller amounts - small enough that I could take home on a plane?  Or maybe shipping would be easier.  I am planning a vacation in the Kennebunkport/Ogunquit area next month and would love to pick some up.

Also, any ideas for things to see while we are there? Its just my daughter and   I, so we can do lots of shopping and girly things.  I was last there about 12 years ago, so I do remember some of the sites.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2007, 12:38:52 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Morning, Angie!
You know, your son just might win this one! Laughing

I doubt it? Going 60 mph in a 30 mph zone? He says the cop isnt going to show up..  HA HA HA HA  sureeeeeeeee. I tryed to explain to him.. these cops get paid OT having to go to a hearing.. they LOVE IT. Extra $$ for them.. of course mom dont know jack in his eyes  Rolling Eyes  OH you should see him. ROFL he just came in here.. got on dress pants.. dress shirt.. a belt even   Shocked .. nice dress shoes.. and for once his ass isnt hanging out of his clothes. It a KODAK moment..
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »

Some of the regulars on those two “other” sites never cease to amaze me.  They constantly rip away at Natalee calling her a multitude of inappropriate names, which are not consistent with how she lived her life.  However, they make excuses for Joran even though he spelled it all out for them in his “book.”  Now, some of them even want to talk about what a fine, misunderstood person Boeti is and make excuses for his criminal past and the fact that he could hardly stand up during a television interview.  The guy was so wasted his shadow was trying to get out of the way before he went face down on the sidewalk!

Strange, strange bunch of people that live under bridges and rocks…….
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.