March 28, 2024, 06:48:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #627 5/23 - 5/24/2007  (Read 152318 times)
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2007, 01:15:05 AM »

You know, what's really sad is that our older ones can remember when things were NOT like they are, when things were better and simpler. It COULD be that way again... but the young always want "change" without any clue as to what "change" may bring.

I feel for our young people today that have never known a world where it is safe to walk down your neighborhood streets, where the people next door could be as trusted as your own parents. where TV was not a running cycle of sex and garbage and stupidity every night, where Godly moral people were heroes and were pointed out as examples insted of being belittled and reviled publicly, where marriage and parents were a normal thing instead of a rarity.

I am SOOOOO AGGRAVATED at things tonight!!!

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2007, 01:27:55 AM »

Wonder what this is about?  I don't see anything pertaining to the NH case but I'm still curious:

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/712/5/

Otro persona deteni den caso di rijbewijs        
Thursday, 24 May 2007  

Cuerpo Policial Aruba kier informa cu, en coneccion cu e investigacion den caso di rijbewijs, ayera 23 di mei e team investigador a bolbe detene un otro empleada di e departamento concerni.

Ta trata aki di e e senjora C.N.M.S. cu ta traha como administradora den e departamento aki. E team a hasi un buskeda tambe, tanto na e cas y e lugar di trabow di e sospechoso pa wak si por encontra pistanan cu por yuda clarifica e caso.

E caso ta andando keto bay y e team di investigacion no ta exclui e posibilidad cu mas detencion lo por cay den e caso aki.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2007, 01:29:02 AM »

SB - I know what you mean.  It's really sad what our world has become.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2007, 01:49:23 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2007, 06:24:16 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
24ora
http://www.24ora.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2007, 07:26:58 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
My Monkey Jammies for the few who like my Barbie

Very Happy

'Nite!

Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2007, 07:46:26 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
You know, what's really sad is that our older ones can remember when things were NOT like they are, when things were better and simpler. It COULD be that way again... but the young always want "change" without any clue as to what "change" may bring.

I feel for our young people today that have never known a world where it is safe to walk down your neighborhood streets, where the people next door could be as trusted as your own parents. where TV was not a running cycle of sex and garbage and stupidity every night, where Godly moral people were heroes and were pointed out as examples insted of being belittled and reviled publicly, where marriage and parents were a normal thing instead of a rarity.

I guess I qualify as one of the older ones, because I definitely remember a friendlier, safer time.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2007, 08:16:01 AM »

You aren't the only one, Easy.  I remember getting up in the summer, hopping on my bike and being gone all day.  Of course, we ran in and out of the house all day but I don't remember worrying about my personal safety.

Things are much different now and it sucks.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2007, 08:30:22 AM »

Didn’t get here much yesterday but I did read all the nice messages and comments left for me about my new granddaughter and just wanted to say thank you – very much appreciated, you guys are great.  Thank You

And to those remembering the good ole days...... Grandpa = old enough to remember them too!    Wink
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2007, 09:05:08 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
You aren't the only one, Easy.  I remember getting up in the summer, hopping on my bike and being gone all day.  Of course, we ran in and out of the house all day but I don't remember worrying about my personal safety.

Things are much different now and it sucks.

Same here Peaches.  We would be out the door about daylight, on our bikes and explore the whole town.  If we did anything stupid along the way the news would get back to the house, before we could and we would be greeted on the front porch with a scowl and a switch!  lol

Ya know, we got a lot of fresh air and exercise in those days too.  We might watch a couple of hours of cartoons on a Saturday morning, but we wanted to be outside in the top of a tree or something.  Of course, we only had one channel on the black & white TV and no such thing as the internet.  In fact, there was no such thing as a computer! lol
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2007, 09:06:06 AM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
Didn’t get here much yesterday but I did read all the nice messages and comments left for me about my new granddaughter and just wanted to say thank you – very much appreciated, you guys are great.  Thank You

And to those remembering the good ole days...... Grandpa = old enough to remember them too!    Wink

How is the mom and baby doing?
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2007, 09:07:42 AM »

Que pasa, Monos!  I'm practicing the US's new second language.  
Mono means monkey.  When used as an adjective or in the feminine tense, according to may Sp-Eng dictionary, means cute, pretty.  
Por ejemplo, IndyDan's nieta nuevo es muy mona!  
For example, IndyDan's new granddaughter is very pretty!  

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2007, 09:10:54 AM »

Si si si!  Es verdad!  
Yes, it's true!

Ok.  That's my political statement for the day.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2007, 09:11:26 AM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Mono means monkey.  When used as an adjective or in the feminine tense, according to may Sp-Eng dictionary, means cute, pretty.  

Didn't Joran have monos?   Shocked
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »

Morning!

Ah, yes, the world has gone nuts.

Easy, you made me think of the long bike rides on Saturdays that a few of us would take! We'd pack a picnic lunch and off we'd go!  Parents never had to worry.
But, then, we kids also seemed to have a lot of common sense at a young age which is something I also seem lacking in a lot of young kids today.

I think they are too pampered and not allowed to think for themselves.
Also, parents are not allowed to discipline their own children as they see fit.

It kinda reminds me a lot of what we USED to learn in school about the indoctrination of the children in the then Communist USSR.
As kids we were so appalled at what we learned and I think to see it all happening here in this country and our own people taking it in stride is a bit much for us older MOnkeys to bear. Especially since the younger people in this country don't seem to think there is anything wrong with it.

I guess a lot of people are becoming the "Useful Idiots" that the USSR used to count on to push forth their agenda.

I think I need more coffee. THis subject is one of MY touchy ones! Cool
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2007, 09:13:46 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

I always thought that was a way of covering for the fact that his game is up, he knows it, and got depressed.  So they called it mono.  My theory.

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »

Si si si!  Es verdad!  
Yes, it's true!

Ok.  That's my political statement for the day.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

Probably amongst other diseases! ROFLMAO!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: May 24, 2007, 09:17:10 AM »

It's supposed to go up to nearly 80 degrees here today. After our recent cold snap, this is gonna feel like 120!!!!

Got all the a/c's installed yesterday, so at least the doggies and me will be nice and cool!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2007, 09:20:21 AM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"

Enjoy that new GrandBaby!!!!  
Grandchildren are a joy and a blessing!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.