March 23, 2019, 07:20:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #627 5/23 - 5/24/2007  (Read 125990 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5315



« Reply #560 on: May 24, 2007, 07:18:12 PM »

Hello oldfart - you are looking very dapper today.

   to Mishy and Sam
Logged



....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Rob
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12469



WWW
« Reply #561 on: May 24, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »

I'm outta town right now. And I just met the most incredible people in the lobby of the hotel I'm staying at.

These guys look the part and had the manors my mother wishes I would still use.

These guys were all squared jawed and so ruff and tumble they make the Steelers offensive line look weak...

You guessed it... Marines ... our Marines...

The are on their way to Iraq as part of the SURGE.

You could not have asked to meet finer young men in your life. These guys give their all and are TRUE AMERICAN HEROES.

They were gracious enough to take a few minutes to take a few pictures with me.

I have to tell you... I have always been impressed with our men and women in Uniform....

To see how they conduct themselves, and their overall demeanor really solidifies my beliefs that they are the finest this country has to offer..

I wished them well and God-Speed. I thanked them over and over.

Their courage is undeniable.

Speak poorly about them, and you speak poorly about everyone.
Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9535



« Reply #562 on: May 24, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »

Rob, thank you for reminding us of how disciplined these young men and women are, and what hearts of gold they have.  I am so glad you were able to make that observation and shake hands with them, some who might not return but all of whom are heroes.
Logged

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9235



« Reply #563 on: May 24, 2007, 07:22:18 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Good Day Monkeys..

anything going on besides talk of
and Anna Ready to some people
 Rolling Eyes


OldF - Can you tell me where to find that slapping smiley? I used to have it marked in my favorites but now it's gone. I also want the one that looks like that where the smiley shrugs.

TY
Logged

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5315



« Reply #564 on: May 24, 2007, 07:22:47 PM »

Rob - I agree.  All our defence forces are special people and so brave, although they would not admit to being courageous.
They are trained in so many other things beside war tactics and are a credit to their families and their countries.  We should thank God every day for their dedication.
Logged



....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
justinsmama
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 3204



WWW
« Reply #565 on: May 24, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »

My dad was a Marine. He was in Korea. I have a wool jacket of his, along with two hats, and an MP arm band.
Logged

Sam
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 2387



« Reply #566 on: May 24, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
2NJSons_Mom, Anna, blah, Bobo2, greeneyedlady, igsigs, klaasend, mishy, oldfart, Rob, Sam, Tamikosmom, Tibrogargan, SB and anyone else I missed.

I signed in awhile ago but reading and trying to catch up  so more folks joined some left.

Yes thanks to all of the posters here who try to keep our hopes up. We need it.
Logged

Just a swinging with the tribe
mishy
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 2784



« Reply #567 on: May 24, 2007, 07:24:48 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Hello oldfart - you are looking very dapper today.

   to Mishy and Sam


Hi Tibby!! How are you and the rest of the monkeys doing?
Logged

Bring Natalee home...
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 8515



« Reply #568 on: May 24, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
I'm outta town right now. And I just met the most incredible people in the lobby of the hotel I'm staying at.

These guys look the part and had the manors my mother wishes I would still use.

These guys were all squared jawed and so ruff and tumble they make the Steelers offensive line look weak...

You guessed it... Marines ... our Marines...

The are on their way to Iraq as part of the SURGE.

You could not have asked to meet finer young men in your life. These guys give their all and are TRUE AMERICAN HEROES.

They were gracious enough to take a few minutes to take a few pictures with me.

I have to tell you... I have always been impressed with our men and women in Uniform....

To see how they conduct themselves, and their overall demeanor really solidifies my beliefs that they are the finest this country has to offer..

I wished them well and God-Speed. I thanked them over and over.

Their courage is undeniable.

Speak poorly about them, and you speak poorly about everyone.


ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!
Logged

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5278



« Reply #569 on: May 24, 2007, 07:28:35 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

<<Snip>>
yo old fart, whatever you do, dont click on that link they posted to that RU or whatever they call it.....

Now I keep going back and cant belive it


Like watching something you know you should not ... but... have too because you can not belive it.    Laughing
Logged

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5315



« Reply #570 on: May 24, 2007, 07:30:17 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Hello oldfart - you are looking very dapper today.

   to Mishy and Sam


Hi Tibby!! How are you and the rest of the monkeys doing?


Well, thank you, Mishy.  Hope you and that sweet little Pooh are well.
Logged



....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 8515



« Reply #571 on: May 24, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Blah,

Yeah, then I said Poo!  You want to fight?





and i had nothing to do with this  Cool
Logged

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Sam
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 2387



« Reply #572 on: May 24, 2007, 07:33:23 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Rob - I agree.  All our defence forces are special people and so brave, although they would not admit to being courageous.
They are trained in so many other things beside war tactics and are a credit to their families and their countries.  We should thank God every day for their dedication.


I pray every night for those in the armed services. Tibro is so right about their bravery. It is so sad that the enemy does not have to follow the same rules as those who are trying to help make democrasy a reality in Iraq.

Hi Justins Mama and Bt I think you came in later. LOL
Logged

Just a swinging with the tribe
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5315



« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2007, 07:34:46 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
Quote from: "Anna"
Blah,

Yeah, then I said Poo!  You want to fight?





and i had nothing to do with this  Cool


No, you cannot get the blame this time, Ravi  Wink  Wink
Logged



....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Rob
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12469



WWW
« Reply #574 on: May 24, 2007, 07:34:56 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Rob, thank you for reminding us of how disciplined these young men and women are, and what hearts of gold they have.  I am so glad you were able to make that observation and shake hands with them, some who might not return but all of whom are heroes.


Tyler- on a day when another solider was possibly found dead... it was my pleasure to shake their hands and tell them as I looked them in the eye, how much I appreciate all they do.


They were very happy to hear it.
Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 18150



« Reply #575 on: May 24, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
I'm outta town right now. And I just met the most incredible people in the lobby of the hotel I'm staying at.

These guys look the part and had the manors my mother wishes I would still use.

These guys were all squared jawed and so ruff and tumble they make the Steelers offensive line look weak...

You guessed it... Marines ... our Marines...

The are on their way to Iraq as part of the SURGE.

You could not have asked to meet finer young men in your life. These guys give their all and are TRUE AMERICAN HEROES.

They were gracious enough to take a few minutes to take a few pictures with me.

I have to tell you... I have always been impressed with our men and women in Uniform....

To see how they conduct themselves, and their overall demeanor really solidifies my beliefs that they are the finest this country has to offer..

I wished them well and God-Speed. I thanked them over and over.

Their courage is undeniable.

Speak poorly about them, and you speak poorly about everyone.



You mean they weren't covered with tattoes and talking like a Drill Instructor, Rob?  That's what some monkeys once told me Marines were like and that I couldn't see it because I was an American!   Evil or Very Mad

Damned straight, I can't see it cause it's not there!






Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9535



« Reply #576 on: May 24, 2007, 07:37:36 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Rob, thank you for reminding us of how disciplined these young men and women are, and what hearts of gold they have.  I am so glad you were able to make that observation and shake hands with them, some who might not return but all of whom are heroes.


Tyler- on a day when another solider was possibly found dead... it was my pleasure to shake their hands and tell them as I looked them in the eye, how much I appreciate all they do.


They were very happy to hear it.


I know I would have broken down and cried.  My DH always goes to see our local NG guys off to Iraq and I just cannot do it.  It's a big event in our bedroom community where they receive a great deal of support.  I write them and we send cards, letters, etc., but I just cannot go see them off.  I am very happy, however, to greet them when they return.  No GI needs a crying woman hanging around when they are about to depart, so I just keep my silly self at home.
Logged

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 18150



« Reply #577 on: May 24, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "oldfart"
Good Day Monkeys..

anything going on besides talk of
and Anna Ready to some people
 Rolling Eyes


OldF - Can you tell me where to find that slapping smiley? I used to have it marked in my favorites but now it's gone. I also want the one that looks like that where the smiley shrugs.

TY



Right click on Old Fart's and save it.  The shrugging smiley is on Page 2 of the SM emoticons I believe.

.
Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Rob
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12469



WWW
« Reply #578 on: May 24, 2007, 07:38:38 PM »

I felt like I was shaking hands with Neil Armstrong.....or like when I went to the second Reagan inauguration and I actually got to shake President Reagan's hand... it was that powerful...

When you see them.. tell them how much you loved them...
Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
mishy
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 2784



« Reply #579 on: May 24, 2007, 07:39:43 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Hello oldfart - you are looking very dapper today.

   to Mishy and Sam


Hi Tibby!! How are you and the rest of the monkeys doing?


Well, thank you, Mishy.  Hope you and that sweet little Pooh are well.


We're doing great. We're heading out tomorrow to go see the pandas at the ATL zoo!!
Logged

Bring Natalee home...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 0.154 seconds with 19 queries.