March 28, 2024, 11:07:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #628 5/25 - 5/26/2007  (Read 160403 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2007, 08:06:50 AM »

I wonder if Greta will mention Joran's book about how to be a liar and make idiot talking heads think you are believable?  I expect little new to be covered in that one, but it might still be interesting to see what she has to say after two years.

The Line-up has talked to Jossy about doing a call-in for tonight or tomorrow.  He has nothing new to reveal at this time, but will probably do the show.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #461 on: May 26, 2007, 08:26:43 AM »

While we are talking about various programs that will be covering the Natalee Holloway case, let’s not for get that Carla Baron’s Haunting Evidence will premier this season on Court TV (June 13) with her trip to Aruba.

I’m not much on all the psychic stuff, but I am told it was an interesting experience.  CTV requires that their hosts and guest make confidentiality agreements, so details have been hush, hush.  However, I have been told by some present through portions of the filming that a few things happened that sent chills running up and down their spines.

Should be an interesting one to watch on June 13th.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #462 on: May 26, 2007, 08:46:50 AM »

I've caught a few episodes of Psychic Detectives and it is interesting.  Several very interesting cases.  If a psychic can help police solve a case that's been languishing, I'm all for it.  The police will have to be able to build a case so anything a psychic tells them is just more information.  So I guess I think psychics are a good tool if LE is so inclined.  

Makes for some good TV when you can't find a  Dog the Bounty Hunter Marathons!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2007, 08:57:30 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
While we are talking about various programs that will be covering the Natalee Holloway case, let’s not for get that Carla Baron’s Haunting Evidence will premier this season on Court TV (June 13) with her trip to Aruba.

I’m not much on all the psychic stuff, but I am told it was an interesting experience.  CTV requires that their hosts and guest make confidentiality agreements, so details have been hush, hush.  However, I have been told by some present through portions of the filming that a few things happened that sent chills running up and down their spines.

Should be an interesting one to watch on June 13th

Thanks Easy. I'll make sure I watch it.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #464 on: May 26, 2007, 08:59:21 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Help!  My cockatails eggs are hatching!  Shocked  
We've had these 2 birds for almost 8 yrs. and the mommy never sat on her eggs to hatch them and I've always had to throw them away.  Her latest batch are now hatching, and DH and I don't know what to do..

We bought them from a neighbor who hand fed them, so they were very tame.  DH went over to his house to see what to do.  I'm just sitting, panicking!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #465 on: May 26, 2007, 09:09:47 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Good morning Monkeys!

We've had these 2 birds for almost 8 yrs. and the mommy never sat on her eggs to hatch them and I've always had to throw them away.  Her latest batch are now hatching, and DH and I don't know what to do..

We bought them from a neighbor who hand fed them, so they were very tame.  DH went over to his house to see what to do.  I'm just sitting, panicking!

Dihannah - with any luck, you won't need to do anything. Mommy bird probably knows instinctively what to do. Maybe you just need to keep an eye on the birdie family and see if mama is handling things okay.

I Stand With The Girl
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2007, 09:12:33 AM »

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
I send packages to soldiers in Afghanistan for the children.
It's not much, just some small stuffed toys they can put in their pocket, some American candy. But I wanted to "try" to leave a better impression on them - that not all American's are bad. Hopefully, it is a small dent.

Trying  to be a force for good in the world.

Kermit - I think that's awesome.  Where do you send the packages? I think I'm going to do this too![/quote]

That is a wonderful idea Annie,  I never really thought about that, but it's true they need to know we aren't the bad guys, but only trying to help them to have better future. Besides that, they need something positive in there life like just a simple little toy.  I'm sure alot of them don't have anything.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2007, 09:13:58 AM »

Dihannah

I just found this and it seems to have some pretty good info about hatching cockatiel eggs. Hope it helps.

http://www.cockatielcottage.net/breeding.html

I Stand With The Girl
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #468 on: May 26, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »

Di- BT is correct.  Hopefully you won't have to do a thing.  

In the mean time, I would google Cockatiels.  We have just one but I know there is a ton of stuff out there about this subject.  

We need Anidac right about now.  She has birds......

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #469 on: May 26, 2007, 09:17:08 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Good morning Monkeys!

Dihannah - with any luck, you won't need to do anything. Mommy bird probably knows instinctively what to do. Maybe you just need to keep an eye on the birdie family and see if mama is handling things okay.

That's what I was thinking, but my neighbor, who is Greek, had us convinced we need to hand feed them like he did.  I think he did it to make them tame.  My birds are very good with people handling them.  But if I remember correctly he had to feed them like every 2 to 4 hours!  Shocked  and I am NOT up to that.  DH already took one out.  I wonder if we can put it back.  I am afraid DH is going to want to hand feed them. We can sell them and it's better if they are tame.  

Oh, and one of my dachsunds happen to see one and is going crazy already!  They are bird dogs, so that is going to be a pain... sigh....

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: May 26, 2007, 09:17:23 AM »

At NewsMax.com there is a thing Treats for Troops.  It is rather expensive for what they send, chips and snacks and drink mix.  You can get more for the same money if you send yourself but it is really, really easy to send from there.

Also there is a program Any Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine that I have a link to somewhere, will post.  I do know that those serving in Iraq are particularly fond of baby wipes and drink mix.  Heat must be unbearable.

EASY,
What kind of "pistol" is that kid holding that killed the big pig?  It sure looks like a paint gun to me.  Do you think that photo is real?  I hate to think about things that large being in the wild!  
 Shocked

Now THAT's skeery!  Imagine going on a nice hike and meeting up with that!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: May 26, 2007, 09:21:48 AM »

Dihannah,

Keep the hatchlings really warm while you find out what to do!  Heating pad or space heater, make sure they do not get chilled or lose body heat until you know what to do.

I have no idea on how to care for birds!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: May 26, 2007, 09:33:41 AM »

I just Googled to make sure that MonsterPig is not near me.  It isn't but is about forty miles due east of Birmingham sort of between B'ham and Atlanta on a hunting preserve.

There is an 800 acre hunting club right behind me.  I hope they are not promoting having something like that.  Oddly enough, I never hear anybody hunting back there, maybe twice a year tops.  I think it is a tax writeoff for somebody.

Sure hope it is not inhabited by MonsterPigs.

Shocked

PERSONA NON GRATA

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #473 on: May 26, 2007, 09:36:51 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
I just Googled to make sure that MonsterPig is not near me.  It isn't but is about forty miles due east of Birmingham sort of between B'ham and Atlanta on a hunting preserve.

There is an 800 acre hunting club right behind me.  I hope they are not promoting having something like that.  Oddly enough, I never hear anybody hunting back there, maybe twice a year tops.  I think it is a tax writeoff for somebody.

Sure hope it is not inhabited by MonsterPigs.

Shocked

Those wild pigs are scary, Anna! I hear they can be very mean.

I Stand With The Girl
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2007, 09:48:23 AM »

Your baby tiels should be fine.  Yes, you can take a baby bird outta the nest and put them back and should be okay.  However, I would leave them alone for right now.  The mama knows what to do.  Handfeeding them is a method people use to tame birds.  "Bird", my sons tiel and "Beaker" my brothers tiel are hand feds, as were a pair of my lovebirds.  The lovebirds hatched here at my house "Gadget and Gidget".  They were fine in nest until they got a bit older and while the parents were out, an interloper came in and pecked one.  They were in flight cage with other lovebirds, which despite their name are really pretty mean.  Gadget had a peck wound on the head, which I had to treat, and he turned out okay.  Whew!  I of course took them right out, and it was handfeeding time for them.  BTW, don't feed baby birds at night. The parents don't get up every two hours and feed them-they go to bed.  that said, it's hard to ignore the sound of a hungry baby bird.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: May 26, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »

BT,

They might be in your area, too!   Shocked Yes, they are scary.  I once had an emu just walk up my driveway.  Stayed in my pasture for several months then escaped and went away.  I couldn't find it again.

I seem to have made everybody leave and I just got out of the shower, too!  Maybe I should have dried my hair before posting!

Need to get busy anyway so one more cuppa then I am off to the working.

PERSONA NON GRATA

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: May 26, 2007, 09:54:03 AM »

How are the pups Anna?  I got my two yorkies (rescue) when they were nine months and two years old, so I didn't get to see them as pups.  I never would have guessed that photo you posted were little yorkies.   Very Happy  Very Happy Thanks for the photos.  Would you post more as they grow up, please?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: May 26, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"
How are the pups Anna?  I got my two yorkies (rescue) when they were nine months and two years old, so I didn't get to see them as pups.  I never would have guessed that photo you posted were little yorkies.   Very Happy  Very Happy Thanks for the photos.  Would you post more as they grow up, please?

They are really fat, Muffy, I am having to help feed as this little mother is not the best in the world.  She is sort of flighty and might feed them and might go outside and play!   Rolling Eyes Five is too many for her I think.

I feed them Esbilac about three times a day to help her.  She knows I will and I think is only feeding them if SHE becomes uncomfortable from the milk.  

All Yorkies I have seen as pups look just like these.  Both parents are the blue and gold or silvery color, too, so they will prolly all turn to that.  Should be 3-5 pounds as adults.  I hate getting tails docked and hope that becomes illegal as it is is some EU countries.  Have never seen a Yorkie with a tail and wonder how they would look.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: May 26, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »

Well, someone DID ask!   Very Happy

These are sort of my grandpups, fourth generation my dogs.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: May 26, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »

Wow, that really cleared the deck!

Sorry. . . .off to work!

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.