April 26, 2024, 09:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #628 5/25 - 5/26/2007  (Read 161002 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: May 26, 2007, 10:28:06 AM »

Awww.  Thank you for the pic-and yes, I surely did ask Very Happy  Very Happy My Muffy has a sort of curled plume tail, and Bitsy has about half a tail, so they weren't docked.  I haven't figured out yet how the girls ended up in Saudi Arabia in a domestic camp for Korean quarry workers yet.  I don't know how they got them, but when they had to go back to Korea, they couldn't take them, and specifically wanted an American family with children to have them.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: May 26, 2007, 10:34:55 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Well, someone DID ask!   Very Happy

These are sort of my grandpups, fourth generation my dogs.

they are gorgeous!!!!!  did you see the Westies on Law and Order last night??  

I know these aren't Westies, but I loved your little smiley dog avartar!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: May 26, 2007, 10:39:42 AM »

No, I didn't see that, Mrs. Red.  Maybe you can have a Westie some day.   Wink There are lots of them in this area and around Chattanooga as the author of the definitive book on Westies, Westies from Head to Tail by Ruth Flarety, lives in the area.

She is even older than I am but I think still alive and well and has her dogs.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: May 26, 2007, 10:45:03 AM »

I hope everybody has a nice weekend.  Mine will be spent mostly doing laundry from two kids home from school but I don't mind.  It won't be that long before they are doing it for themselves so I am glad to help out now while they still need it.

I am going to buy my BBQ and fix the side dishes because we have local restaurant that makes BBQ better than I can for sure, is wonderful!  And a fruit salad for Mr Vegan but could not find the star fruit for it like Klaas had.  That was really pretty.

Does anyone have a schedule of any programs that will feature Natalee?  Sort of trying to get them in order in my mind so I won't miss any coverage.  Sometimes they don't announce before hand so all be sure to post any coverage they see.

Will try to stay on topic now.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2007, 10:45:05 AM »

No, I didn't see that, Mrs. Red.  Maybe you can have a Westie some day.   Wink There are lots of them in this area and around Chattanooga as the author of the definitive book on Westies, Westies from Head to Tail by Ruth Flarety, lives in the area.

Anna - Westies are my favorite dogs, but I don't know if I'll every have one or not. My usual method of obtaining dogs is to wait for whatever the Good Lord has turn up in my yard, and then I take it in.  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2007, 10:45:10 AM »

remind me to NEVER take a walk in the woods in Bama  Shocked  Shocked

monsterpig for sure Anna !!!! YIKES !!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOUR PUPS and the MOMMY TOO ! Pet them for me and little none please  Very Happy

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2007, 10:48:01 AM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"
How are the pups Anna?  I got my two yorkies (rescue) when they were nine months and two years old, so I didn't get to see them as pups.  I never would have guessed that photo you posted were little yorkies.   Very Happy  Very Happy Thanks for the photos.  Would you post more as they grow up, please?

They are really fat, Muffy, I am having to help feed as this little mother is not the best in the world.  She is sort of flighty and might feed them and might go outside and play!   Rolling Eyes Five is too many for her I think.

I feed them Esbilac about three times a day to help her.  She knows I will and I think is only feeding them if SHE becomes uncomfortable from the milk.  

All Yorkies I have seen as pups look just like these.  Both parents are the blue and gold or silvery color, too, so they will prolly all turn to that.  Should be 3-5 pounds as adults.  I hate getting tails docked and hope that becomes illegal as it is is some EU countries.  Have never seen a Yorkie with a tail and wonder how they would look.

Anna/Muffy ... when our twelve year old Golden Retriever (Brandi) had thirteen  puppies a few year back (last litter) ... we were advised by a breeder that for the sake of Brandi and the entire litter ... we should destroy at least four of the newborn puppies.  However ... you know Tamikosmom ... mind of her own ... made the decision that every one of those puppies were going to survive without risking Brandi health.  For six week my hubby ... youngest son and myself alternated 6 and 6 puppies every three/four hours ... while giving Brandi periodic breaks from all of them. The separated puppies were put under a heat lamp for about three weeks.  Anna/Muffy ... the puppies all went to loving homes ... even the runt that we hand fed from day one.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: May 26, 2007, 10:51:42 AM »

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
I send packages to soldiers in Afghanistan for the children.
It's not much, just some small stuffed toys they can put in their pocket, some American candy. But I wanted to "try" to leave a better impression on them - that not all American's are bad. Hopefully, it is a small dent.

Trying  to be a force for good in the world.

Kermit - I think that's awesome.  Where do you send the packages? I think I'm going to do this too![/quote]

Go to the MONKEY LOUNGE.

Look under the post
OPERATION GRATITUDE.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Debbie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #488 on: May 26, 2007, 10:53:52 AM »

Does anyone have a schedule of any programs that will feature Natalee?  Sort of trying to get them in order in my mind so I won't miss any coverage.  Sometimes they don't announce before hand so all be sure to post any coverage they see.

This is what I know so far:

Crime Scene w/Greta - Fox News - Sat. 05/26/07

Saturday, May 26 at 9 p.m. ET
Sunday, May 27 at 4 p.m. ET
Hosted by Greta Van Susteren

An Alabama teenager goes missing on a school trip to Aruba. She is last seen leaving a popular nightclub with three local boys who provide conflicting stories about what happened next. Within twenty-four hours, her family is on the island, putting pressure on the boys, their parents and local police for answers. And Greta Van Susteren and FOX News are with them.

Now, as the anniversary of Natalee Holloway's disappearance approaches, we put together all that we've learned: The missed opportunities, false leads and outright lies that have plagued this investigation from the beginning are revealed in a one-hour, "Crime Scene" special. Joran Van der Sloot, still the prime suspect, gives his version of his last moments with Natalee. It's an account that has never been corroborated by anyone else.

Everyone has seen bits and pieces of this story. When you put them all together, they form a picture of what might have been the perfect crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196820,00.html

--------------------------------

The Line Up - Fox News - Sat. 05/26/07

Kimberly's guests tonight include:  Dave Holloway, Jossy Mansur, Joe Tacopino and Greta.

Time:  10:00 pm Eastern
Replay:  1:00 am Eastern
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: May 26, 2007, 10:53:54 AM »

I hope everybody has a nice weekend.  Mine will be spent mostly doing laundry from two kids home from school but I don't mind.  It won't be that long before they are doing it for themselves so I am glad to help out now while they still need it.

I am going to buy my BBQ and fix the side dishes because we have local restaurant that makes BBQ better than I can for sure, is wonderful!  And a fruit salad for Mr Vegan but could not find the star fruit for it like Klaas had.  That was really pretty.

I'm sure there will be others, but Greta for sure:

Greta Anniversary Special Crime Scene: Missing In Paradise

Crime Scene: Missing In Paradise
Thursday , May 24, 2007

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: May 26, 2007, 10:56:29 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Good morning Monkeys!

Help!  My cockatails eggs are hatching!  Shocked  
We've had these 2 birds for almost 8 yrs. and the mommy never sat on her eggs to hatch them and I've always had to throw them away.  Her latest batch are now hatching, and DH and I don't know what to do..

We bought them from a neighbor who hand fed them, so they were very tame.  DH went over to his house to see what to do.  I'm just sitting, panicking!

How exciting.   I promise not to bring my cats over. Laughing

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #491 on: May 26, 2007, 10:57:24 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
I send packages to soldiers in Afghanistan for the children.
It's not much, just some small stuffed toys they can put in their pocket, some American candy. But I wanted to "try" to leave a better impression on them - that not all American's are bad. Hopefully, it is a small dent.

Trying  to be a force for good in the world.

Kermit - I think that's awesome.  Where do you send the packages? I think I'm going to do this too!

That is a wonderful idea Annie,  I never really thought about that, but it's true they need to know we aren't the bad guys, but only trying to help them to have better future. Besides that, they need something positive in there life like just a simple little toy.  I'm sure alot of them don't have anything.[/quote]

I will post again GO TO MONKEY LOUNGE AND THE POST FROM LAST EVENING 'OPERATION RESCUE.'

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #492 on: May 26, 2007, 11:01:15 AM »

I just Googled to make sure that MonsterPig is not near me.  It isn't but is about forty miles due east of Birmingham sort of between B'ham and Atlanta on a hunting preserve.

There is an 800 acre hunting club right behind me.  I hope they are not promoting having something like that.  Oddly enough, I never hear anybody hunting back there, maybe twice a year tops.  I think it is a tax writeoff for somebody.

Sure hope it is not inhabited by MonsterPigs.

Shocked

Anna, believe it or not I had heard of comparable pigs and was discinclined to believe it.  My #3 son was engaged to that girl from NOLA who had the uncle from Hell (the attorney we all love to hate).  She told me about enormous monster pigs/hogs they had on their preserve near NOLA, not sure exactly where, but it was sport for them to try and find and kill them the week between Christmas and New Year's.  They had some (not sure if it was the big ones) they then brought into town and had cleaned and cooked them.  All in all, it sounded like a big brawl was had by all and involved a lot of drinking.  The mother told me it was a custom brought from the "old country," and if that is the case, WTF is wrong with these Frenchmen?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: May 26, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »

STILL MIA:

GLENDA/JULIA - Since May 3rd
JR DUTCH ATTY - Since May 4th
BOUCHERON - Since May 5th

NO LONGER MIA:

SANDRAK - has turned up at The Clue Bus & Freebird

Moonshadows is busy bumping her own threads and talking to herself at FOB.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: May 26, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »

Quote from: "Debbie"

This is what I know so far:

Crime Scene w/Greta - Fox News - Sat. 05/26/07

An Alabama teenager goes missing on a school trip to Aruba. She is last seen leaving a popular nightclub with three local boys who provide conflicting stories about what happened next. Within twenty-four hours, her family is on the island, putting pressure on the boys, their parents and local police for answers. And Greta Van Susteren and FOX News are with them.

Now, as the anniversary of Natalee Holloway's disappearance approaches, we put together all that we've learned: The missed opportunities, false leads and outright lies that have plagued this investigation from the beginning are revealed in a one-hour, "Crime Scene" special. Joran Van der Sloot, still the prime suspect, gives his version of his last moments with Natalee. It's an account that has never been corroborated by anyone else.

Everyone has seen bits and pieces of this story. When you put them all together, they form a picture of what might have been the perfect crime.

--------------------------------

The Line Up - Fox News - Sat. 05/26/07

Kimberly's guests tonight include:  Dave Holloway, Jossy Mansur, Joe Tacopino and Greta.

Time:  10:00 pm Eastern
Replay:  1:00 am Eastern

Thanks Debbie

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: May 26, 2007, 11:04:31 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
I just Googled to make sure that MonsterPig is not near me.  It isn't but is about forty miles due east of Birmingham sort of between B'ham and Atlanta on a hunting preserve.

There is an 800 acre hunting club right behind me.  I hope they are not promoting having something like that.  Oddly enough, I never hear anybody hunting back there, maybe twice a year tops.  I think it is a tax writeoff for somebody.

Sure hope it is not inhabited by MonsterPigs.

Shocked

Those wild pigs are scary, Anna! I hear they can be very mean.

I grew up near my grandparents who had a farm.  Everyone rants about people owning guns.  We not only owned them but were taught to use them and wild pigs were the reason.  My grandfather taught each one of us at a very young age to respect and use a gun to help protect ourselves and our grandmother if he was away.  I do recall when a herd of them came through one day and tore the very big porch we had away from the house and my brother, grandmother and I were shooting in different directions but sort of in the air trying to scare them away.  When 2-3 were finally hit by my grandmother and my brother, they all ran away.  That was the most frightening thing.  They were headed toward the barn where my grandmother's cows and two horses were but they were sort of in captivity.  I think back knowing the hogs would have decimated that barn and the animals had they not scared them with the guns.  It was very frightening.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: May 26, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Laughing

_____

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: May 26, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
STILL MIA:

GLENDA/JULIA - Since May 3rd
JR DUTCH ATTY - Since May 4th
BOUCHERON - Since May 5th

NO LONGER MIA:

SANDRAK - has turned up at The Clue Bus & Freebird

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing well good thing for SK for she needs to buy a few clues

and ROFL at the moon comment  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

honestly I do not think I can bear to watch Joe T ever again so I'll check the lively for the review. I can't afford to toss rotten tomatoes at my TV  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #498 on: May 26, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »

Anna - Westies are my favorite dogs, but I don't know if I'll every have one or not. My usual method of obtaining dogs is to wait for whatever the Good Lord has turn up in my yard, and then I take it in.  Laughing  Laughing

I think that is a great way.  That is how I ended up with my 20-year-old tuxedo cat, and it has been a great friend and family member.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #499 on: May 26, 2007, 11:08:02 AM »

Quote from: "Silverfox"
Based on the section of the FP post that I've pasted below, it sounds as if "Typhus" is saying he is a person of color. Do we know any dark-skinned Arubans who would be posting from Amsterdam?

"Let me tell you this, monkeys´s : The problem is not in my texts that you ban me, the problem is not that I have another facial colour than you, the problem is that your daughters are going to like me !"

"Let me tell you this, monkeys´s : The problem is not in my texts that you ban me, the problem is not that I have another facial colour than you, the problem is that your daughters are going to like me !"

Demented he is...

maybe it is DK using a proxy --- remember, he IS computer literate.

Shocked  Confused  'Typhus'  =  
http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/001363.htm

EGADS.......what a screen name to choose 4 one selff...ackkkkkk!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.