April 26, 2024, 04:29:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #628 5/25 - 5/26/2007  (Read 160983 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: May 26, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
I was talking about the adult from the dark side.Since I seem to ffend some Tylergal,goodbye,I will not post again

Tiger, please get your striped tail back in here.  I was on the forum for a while and then stepped away.  I don't know what happened, but whatever it was, it doesn't matter to me.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: May 26, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »

Quote from: "Karo"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Anna, believe it or not I had heard of comparable pigs and was discinclined to believe it.  My #3 son was engaged to that girl from NOLA who had the uncle from Hell (the attorney we all love to hate).  She told me about enormous monster pigs/hogs they had on their preserve near NOLA, not sure exactly where, but it was sport for them to try and find and kill them the week between Christmas and New Year's.  They had some (not sure if it was the big ones) they then brought into town and had cleaned and cooked them.  All in all, it sounded like a big brawl was had by all and involved a lot of drinking.  The mother told me it was a custom brought from the "old country," and if that is the case, WTF is wrong with these Frenchmen?

Tyler, I have to defend my Cajun friends here in South Louisiana.  Smile  They do party much more than I care to party, but they know how to eat!  For pig roasts, usually the younger pigs are cooked.  I would think the large, wild ones would be much tougher and need to be cooked a very long time.

http://tinyurl.com/3ajamc

Karo/Tylergal ... our Portuguese neighbours have an annual a pig roast every New Year's Day.  An entire pig is lowered into a deep pit on top of a grate with lots of  hot charcles (?) under it and then covered.  Once cooked the pig is placed in the center of a large table ... when the host does the honors of carving.  As New Year's Day is a big day in the Japanese tradition ... we have only visited and not partaked in the pig feast ... prior to going to my husband's sister's home where all his favorite foods await.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: May 26, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
I just posted a link in the political forum for you, Blah.

Your fav, the extremists, these Iranian police.  No wonder they cover their faces like bandits!

Are you saying Dayhiker lives in the woods behind my house???   Shocked

I don't think so!  Not so sure about those #@&^# pigs, however.

I know there are lots of bobcats, foxes, coyotes, beavers, raccoons, but I hope nothing that large.  

found it and responded  Wink

now i'm off, i'll see ya's later !
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: May 26, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »

Klaas or Anyone Who Knows,

Is there a feed of some sort that people can subscribe to from here?  The reason I ask is that the Murder and Crime thread is on another tear and is already up to 25,6200 and I am wondering how people know when to go there and read or what causes them to do so at certain times?

Can't find a pattern to it and wondered if they subscribe to a feed that tells them when something new is posted.

TIA

Back to the salt mine. . . . er, laundry room.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: May 26, 2007, 12:19:51 PM »

Is there a feed of some sort that people can subscribe to from here?  The reason I ask is that the Murder and Crime thread is on another tear and is already up to 25,6200 and I am wondering how people know when to go there and read or what causes them to do so at certain times?

Can't find a pattern to it and wondered if they subscribe to a feed that tells them when something new is posted.

TIA

Very Happy

I honestly don't know how that "feed" stuff works, maybe someone else does.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: May 26, 2007, 12:20:22 PM »

PS - Tiger you aren't going anywhere!  We won't let you stop posting, lol  Laughing
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: May 26, 2007, 12:21:41 PM »

Hello monkey friends.... Very Happy

Sitting here overlooking Kansas State University....and had to tell Tyler that I have never seen...much less shot and killed...some big hog.... Shocked

Surely you do not think that everyone from NOLA is involved in
this "sport"....I have never heard of it before...!

It is so hard to keep up when out of town....but I read the last 2 or 3 pages whenever I turn on this Vista laptop dial up computer....will have to figure out how wireless internet works....lol.

Off to a wedding shower.....save my place.....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: May 26, 2007, 12:22:04 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

TIA

Very Happy

I honestly don't know how that "feed" stuff works, maybe someone else does.

RSS feed - Red and Tom should really look into setting one up, they are really great !!! (and the readers are free)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: May 26, 2007, 12:22:24 PM »

Have a great time Mere!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: May 26, 2007, 12:25:22 PM »

Have a great time Mere!

Thanks Klaas...!  Young people make you feel young (and old) at the same time....but they are wonderful....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: May 26, 2007, 12:28:34 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/735/8/

Ladronan ta agredi dama formalmente
Saturday, 26 May 2007  

Diabierna anochi na Bubali 115-A bisiñanan ta tende grito di nan bisiña. Ta mustra cu ladronan a bay pa horta den e cas y topa cu e señora Y.T cu tawata den e cas y nan a bati e señora. A bin topa e señora bow di sanger y na gritamento

E auto cu por mira tawata den e entrada di e cas. No ta confirma si despues di e sucedido e bisiñanan mes a pone e senora warda den e auto pa asistencia di polis y ambulance. RIba e imagen por mira con paramedico y miebro di visibility team ta sacando e senora for di e auto. E señora tawata grita di dolor.

Polis a cuminsa nan investigacion di immediato buscando rond di e cas si por encontra algo cu por yudanan na haña e antisocialnan. A pidi pa recherche na warda tambe presenta na e cas.

Aki por mira con e fotografo di 24ora.com a logra capta un shot di e sanger cu tawatatin riba vloer dilanti di e cas.

From the online translator:

ladronan is agredi lady formalmente
saturday, 26 may 2007
diabierna night at bubali 115-a bisiñanan is hear cry of they neighbour. is show cu ladronan owing to bay for steal in the cas y come across cu the madam y.t cu tawata in the cas y they owing to beat the madam. owing to come come across the madam bow of blood y at gritamento the car cu can see tawata in the entrance of the cas. do not confirma if after of the sucedido the bisiñanan self owing to place the senora keep in the car for asistencia of police y ambulance. on the imagen can see con paramedico y miebro of visibility team is sacando the senora for of the car. the madam tawata bark of dolor. police owing to cuminsa they investigacion of immediato buscando rond of the cas if can encontra algo cu can yudanan at find the antisocialnan. owing to ask for recherche at keep also present at the cas. here can see con the fotografo of 24ora.com owing to succeed capta one shot of the blood cu tawatatin on vloer fast of the cas.

Not sure but it kindof sounds like she was beat up?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: May 26, 2007, 12:52:16 PM »

yes it does sound that way Klaas, are they saying a car was being stolen?  Confused

what a happy little island  Rolling Eyes a near murder per week lately it seems that way......or a suicide

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #532 on: May 26, 2007, 12:53:18 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Have a great time Mere!

Thanks Klaas...!  Young people make you feel young (and old) at the same time....but they are wonderful....

I bet MeMere makes all of them feel wonderful too  Wink

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #533 on: May 26, 2007, 12:54:37 PM »

For anyone interested this Memorial Day weekend, ancestry.com is offering free military record searches until June 6th. Just go to the home page and scroll down to military records and click there.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #534 on: May 26, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
I was talking about the adult from the dark side.Since I seem to ffend some Tylergal,goodbye,I will not post again

Tiger~ Please return when you are comfortable. I've no idea what happened, either. Sometimes we, as human beings, take offense where there was none. And sometimes (like me), we may put a foot or two in our mouths without intending to do so. Really, all one can do in such instances is to apologize and...continue posting.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: May 26, 2007, 12:55:56 PM »

Klaas-

Doesn't Tom have an RSS feed for the FP?  Confused I guess I should go look, don't know why I thought it did but hmmmm........going to go look now.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: May 26, 2007, 12:56:30 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
For anyone interested this Memorial Day weekend, ancestry.com is offering free military record searches until June 6th. Just go to the home page and scroll down to military records and click there.

Actually I think all the searches are free until June 6th.  I found a couple of my husbands family last night.  Was able to print out an actual draft registration card form.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #537 on: May 26, 2007, 12:56:33 PM »

Just spent some time visiting old sites and found aruba.com has a new forum....noticed the date it originated...5/3/07....anyone who was a memeber prior to that date has to reregister...have not finished looking at it, but it seems that it is related to the bb.visitaruba.com site, which shows a message that it's under maintenance.....

http://www.aruba.com/forum/index.php

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: May 26, 2007, 12:57:22 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Just spent some time visiting old sites and found aruba.com has a new forum....noticed the date it originated...5/3/07....anyone who was a memeber prior to that date has to reregister...have not finished looking at it, but it seems that it is related to the bb.visitaruba.com site, which shows a message that it's under maintenance.....

Hmm, May 3, 2007 - the same day Julia Renfro went MIA from RU and FOB  Laughing
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #539 on: May 26, 2007, 01:22:07 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

Hmm, May 3, 2007 - the same day Julia Renfro went MIA from RU and FOB  Laughing

Someone just posted this on a new thread with username npotiris:

Natalee Holloway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason I am writing is to say that we're 6 couples which used to visit Aruba every other year.
Since Natalee's disapearance 2 years ago we haven't been to Aruba and we're never visiting again until those 3 punks (you know who I am talking about) get arrested and thrown to the sharks!!

http://www.aruba.com/forum/showthread.php?p=92133#post92133

That's all for now!!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.