April 20, 2024, 03:30:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #628 5/25 - 5/26/2007  (Read 160892 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2007, 02:39:26 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "NM"
Anna, before I went to begining of last thread to catch up I read your request ~pg 47 for the UN article.  I happened to be reading the page where Klaas posted

Straight from the UN website!

http://tinyurl.com/yv4qkg

With regard to Aruba and in the Netherlands (Antilles), the Committee expressed its concern at the excessive length of pre-trial detention and the high number of non-convicted detainees. With specific regard to the Netherlands (Antilles), measures should be taken to urgently ensure that juveniles were separated from adult offenders; that educational and training programmes to help the social reintegration of juveniles were provided; and that prompt action to implement a new classification of inmates and allocation of cells was undertaken. Concerned at the Netherlands' indication that information related to sexual abuse or assault in the Aruban prison rarely reached the prison board, and that victims were not likely to lodge complaints for privacy concerns, the Committee recommended that the Netherlands put in place specific mechanisms to receive complaints of sexual abuse that would ensure the privacy of victims and protect both victims and witnesses against ill-treatment or intimidation as a consequence of the complaint. The Committee was also concerned at the number of reports of assaults committed by Aruban law enforcement officials and that, as reported by the State party, of the 49 cases lodged at the Internal Investigations Bureau between 2005 and 2007, only 2 had been dealt with in court, and those had not led to a conviction due to insufficient evidence. The Netherlands should take all appropriate measures to send a clear and unambiguous message to the Police Force and to prison staff that torture, violence and ill-treatment were unacceptable.----
Hey Monkeys. back to catching up.

EASY,

This is what JOSSY needs to see, link at the top.  Rudy Croes is trying to tell the Arubans that the UN was mostly talking about the Antilles when it is very clear about whom they were speaking.

The people in Aruba need to read it for and decide for themselves instead of having their corrupt government sugar coat it for them like this.

He shouldn't be allowed to get away with that distortion he gave.  Let them see for themselves and decide if they are as happy with these results as R Croes seems to be.

JMO

I made sure he had that story and that link a couple of days ago.  He planned to do a story about it, but I don't know the status of that.  He is very much aware of the UN's report.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2007, 02:39:54 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Good afternoon Monkeys!

So WHAT IS taking so long with the Dr. Phil case?

Good afternoon, Dihannah, I suspect the holdup is with Aruba, but it does not seem like a long time to me.  California courts are the longest and most drawn-out and their defense attorneys love bragging about the snail's pace at which their system works.

True, good point.  It seems like forever to ME!  lil' miss impatient!  Wink

I think somebody should post that UN article at FOB as well..  It can't be any clearer than that!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Looks like FOB is down again, what a shame  Wink  Laughing

Long streak of that ole bad luck!

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Looks like FOB is down again, what a shame  Wink  Laughing

Klaas all the truths that were posted there yesterday by the 2 Natalee supporters must have blown the server again  Laughing

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2007, 02:41:47 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

I made sure he had that story and that link a couple of days ago.  He planned to do a story about it, but I don't know the status of that.  He is very much aware of the UN's report.

Well, good!

Thanks.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »

AND This from CNN article, since they claim tourism isn't down.

Negative publicity from the case may have been a factor in a decline in tourism last year on the island of white sand beaches off the coast of Venezuela, said Gina Lopez, a spokeswoman for the Aruba Tourism Authority. She said the island of 70,000 people wants the case resolved soon.
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2007, 02:44:05 PM »

Negative publicity from the case may have been a factor in a decline in tourism last year on the island of white sand beaches off the coast of Venezuela, said Gina Lopez, a spokeswoman for the Aruba Tourism Authority. She said the island of 70,000 people wants the case resolved soon.
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She should have said white sand MANMADE beaches if she were being completely honest.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2007, 02:44:14 PM »

Oh what a shame they are down.   Twisted Evil

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2007, 02:48:06 PM »

Been going over Grande's spread sheet (great work, Grande!) and noticed this Maria Bernadeta Kelly as being a friend of Meneses. Have we done any research on her? She was interviewed three times.

Maria Bernadeta Kelly   Friend of Andres Meneses      5/9/06
Maria Bernadeta Kelly      5/9/06
Andres Meneses         5/10/06
Andres Meneses         5/15/06
Maria Bernadeta Kelly      5/18/06

Andres Meneses         5/26/06
Andres Meneses           6/5/06
Andres Meneses         6/13/06
Andres Meneses         6/19/06
Andres Meneses         8/14/06

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2007, 02:48:25 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Dayhiker"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Hubby just emailed me this at work. It's a link to CNN about the 2 year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance.

http://tinyurl.com/2cysbc

Thanks BT! Nice line here:

A spokeswoman for the prosecutors' office, Vivian van der Biezen, told The Associated Press that case had been exempted from a two-year limit on filing charges because of the ongoing investigation.

So much for that court filing releasing them from suspect status.

So as long as they are stiill a suspects Aruba doesn't have to turn over any files to Beth or Dave.  Sometimes I think this is just what they want.  Not to turn over the files.

I agree San.

If the Natalee Holloway case is not closed ... I also contend that it is a tatical move that will prevent the family from revealing all that they know without being accused of jeopardizing the investigation ... a tactical move that will prevent the family from accesses the case files and ... will prevent the "powers that be" in the United States from investigating the corrupt Aruban investigation that has denied justice to one of Her citizens.

Janet

Jug Twitty
'Scarborough Country'
July 1, 2005

TWITTY: If they let them walk on this island after what Beth and I know, there's a lot of information that we have that we cannot share, because it would jeopardize the investigation. But if they let them walk, we can share it. And it would be devastating.  The United States, the world will be amazed.

Jug Twitty
On the Record w/ Greta
July 6, 2005

GEORGE "JUG" TWITTY: We've tried. I've tried every tactic. I think I've made every policeman, every person working on the case here, you know, mad. But you know, what I have to do as a stepfather to try to get Natalee back. Well, the way the system works down here, when the case is closed, we will have all that information, and we can release it to the world.

Art Wood
DANA PRETZER

The family of Natalee needs to put pressure on the US attorney in Birmingham to push the FBI to conduct an investigation after ALE close the case. We have a treaty that allows the FBI to pursue a violation of civil rights of an American citizen there.

Art Wood
'Rita Cosby Live & Direct'
December 2, 2005

ART WOOD, FORMER SECRET SERVICE AGENT: Absolutely. Absolutely. There's a lot that Americans can do through the State Department. I want to remind everybody that Natalee Holloway was a U.S. citizen. Once the Aruban authorities are done investigating this case, the FBI can still conduct an investigation, and they could extradite these suspects to the United States. Let me point out that there's a ton of circumstantial evidence in this case to convict these kids.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2007, 02:49:22 PM »

LOL @ "may have", Dihannah. They must have been having a DUH moment.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »

Been going over Grande's spread sheet (great work, Grande!) and noticed this Maria Bernadeta Kelly as being a friend of Meneses. Have we done any research on her? She was interviewed three times.

Maria Bernadeta Kelly   Friend of Andres Meneses      5/9/06
Maria Bernadeta Kelly      5/9/06
Andres Meneses         5/10/06
Andres Meneses         5/15/06
Maria Bernadeta Kelly      5/18/06

Andres Meneses         5/26/06
Andres Meneses           6/5/06
Andres Meneses         6/13/06
Andres Meneses         6/19/06
Andres Meneses         8/14/06

I noticed that, too, Dayhiker....thought it was my memory failing me...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2007, 03:06:24 PM »

Hubby just emailed me this at work. It's a link to CNN about the 2 year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance.

A spokeswoman for the prosecutors' office, Vivian van der Biezen, told The Associated Press that case had been exempted from a two-year limit on filing charges because of the ongoing investigation.

So as long as they are stiill a suspects Aruba doesn't have to turn over any files to Beth or Dave.  Sometimes I think this is just what they want.  Not to turn over the files.

San ... Aruba not closing the case could be a tatical move to allow the disappearance of Natalee Holloway to gradually fade from media attention ... to let the internet chatter gradually become silent.  However ... if this is the expectation  ... again ... Aruba underestimates the voice and the determination of one amazing mother and ... the comprehension of a loving father who recognizes the power of the media.

Janet

Dave Holloway
On the Record w/ Greta
April 11, 2006

VAN SUSTEREN: Did the media help or hurt you?

HOLLOWAY: Oh, the media was our best friend. If it hadn't been for the media this thing would have been swept under the table the very first day.....

Beth Twitty
'Scarborough Country'
October 24, 2005

HOLLOWAY TWITTY: Well, and I met with Prime Minister Oduber. I don‘t care who you put the pressure on, where it comes from, but I want—you need to figure it out. You need to figure out who needs to apply the pressure and where it needs to be applied, because you have to solve this crime. I said, you do not want to turn me loose from this island without an answer.

Beth Twitty
'Scarborough Country'  
October 24, 2005

HOLLOWAY TWITTY: Oh, absolutely. And I have told Prime Minister Oduber that I will do this, I will be the voice of Natalee for the next 40 years. And I hope I have that long, because I will do it as long as I can.

Beth Twitty
'Rita Cosby Live & Direct'
September 14, 2005

COSBY: Are you, Beth, planning on going back to Aruba? What are your plans?

TWITTY: Oh, absolutely. We will keep going back to Aruba over and over again. This is far from over. They know—they have the answers there on the island.

Beth Twitty
'Scarborough Country'
August 8, 2005

HOLLOWAY TWITTY: I think it's just the side that, you know, I—I will stop at nothing to get answers. There is nothing that I won't do. There's nowhere that I won't go, and there's nothing—I'm going to ask every question. I don't care how painful it is. I will do it, because I'm not going to have any regrets.

Beth Twitty
FOX NEWS
September 4, 2005

The missing teen's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, renewed her criticism of the investigation.  "If the investigation had been handled properly during the first 10 days, the world would not have witnessed and experienced the pain and suffering my family and I have endured," Holloway Twitty said. "For the rest of my life, I will continue to be the voice for my daughter, seeking justice in Aruba. Every parent would want the same justice for their child."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »

Cave's comment touched me from the cnn article today:

"We'll remember it's been two years, but we still don't have Natalee," he said in an interview from his hometown of Meridian, Mississippi. "You start memorializing that day and you lose focus that you're trying to resolve what happened."

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »

That should be Dave, of course.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Cave's comment touched me from the cnn article today:

"We'll remember it's been two years, but we still don't have Natalee," he said in an interview from his hometown of Meridian, Mississippi. "You start memorializing that day and you lose focus that you're trying to resolve what happened."

This is what tugs at your heart and keeps you praying for resolution.  These are real people.  These are caring, loving, genuine people who lost one of the jewels in their collection, their beautiful Natalee, a diamond among jewels.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »

I think it is incumbent upon us to let the networks know that Aruba has forbidden Beth to return and that their bias and prejudice against Americans and the weakest among us Americans is what has hamstringed them, because no one wants to go to an island where their children could be murdered, and then they are not allowed to go there to find them without fear of losing their own life in addition, or being jailed for just wanting justice.  This island is nothing but a wing of communist thought.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »

LOL @ "may have", Dihannah. They must have been having a DUH moment.

I know, but it's at least 'some' recognition, first I've ever seen.  Especially after the enertainment at FOB yesterday....  That was a topic of 'ummm' discussion.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2007, 03:20:36 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
I think it is incumbent upon us to let the networks know that Aruba has forbidden Beth to return and that their bias and prejudice against Americans and the weakest among us Americans is what has hamstringed them, because no one wants to go to an island where their children could be murdered, and then they are not allowed to go there to find them without fear of losing their own life in addition, or being jailed for just wanting justice.  This island is nothing but a wing of communist thought.

On what grounds is she forbidden?  What are they going to get her on?  Of course, I would not recommend her or anybody going over without proper protection.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »

whatever files there may be have been are so sanitized by now that you can just wipe your arse with them.  Why would they keep any sort of incriminating documents around when they helped the cover-up?

Hell, they never even kept any physical evidence that was handed to them, why would they keep any incriminating depositions?

The ALE by now, has absolutley nothing of value to the case.  You want to solve it, arrest these punks and interrogate them for real until they lead you to the body.  Thats the only way this thing will ever be solved.[/b]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.