March 28, 2024, 11:58:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebecca Nalepa Zahau Found Hanging, Bound Mansion of Jonah Shacknai (Suicide)  (Read 228513 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »

CA Open Records Act

http://www.harp.org/og/cpra.htm

http://www.thefirstamendment.org/publicrecordsact.pdf

The Public Records Act is designed to give the
public access to information in possession of
public agencies: "public records are open to
inspection at all times during the office hours of
the…agency and every person has a right to
inspect any public record, except as . . . provided,
[and to receive] an exact copy” of an
identifiable record unless impracticable. (§
6253). Specific exceptions to disclosure are
listed in sections 6253.2, 6253.5, 6253.6, 6254,
6254.1-6254.22, 6255, 6267, 6268, 6276.02-
6276.48; to ensure maximum access, they are
read narrowly. The agency always bears the
burden of justifying nondisclosure, and "any
reasonably segregable portion . . . shall be
available for inspection…after deletion of the
portions which are exempt." (§ 6253(a))

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »

The other night I was watching Mystery Theatre. In a portion of the movie, there was a scene where a woman was found hanging in a church. A detective is watching the ME examine the woman’s throat and the ME said: it doesn’t appear to be a homicide because there is “not” a thin ligature from strangulation under the ligature from hanging.

Stunning! I replayed that portion to make sure I heard it right…because…it reminded me so much of what was going on with RZ’s death.

RZ Autopsy Report: http://www.scribd.com/doc/64114521/Reports

Page 9 HEAD AND NECK: paragraph 3

There is a ligature furrow encircling the neck. It is generally horizontally oriented and of a relatively uniform width at 1/2 inch (ranging from 3/8 to 3/4 inch), on the left side of the neck and posterior neck and right side of the neck, the ligature courses upwards towards an apex between the right earlobe and the right angle of the mandible, although the apex itself is not visible. It is moderately deep, dried, and reddish-brown. Posteriorly, there is a parallel, thin, red line situated 1/8 inch below the dried ligature furrow for a distance of 2-1/2 inches and separated from it by an area of pallor.

Cynic’s posting on Websleuths – 9/16/2011, 3:09 AM http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread ... 933&page=3

Scroll down to first picture – Cynic indicates his visual aid should give a reasonable approximation of what is being described in the autopsy report.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2011, 07:19:50 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... hil-paying

Dr. Phil Paying For Rebecca Zahau's Body To Be Exhumed

(snips)

Rebecca Zahau's body is going to be exhumed and Dr. Phil is paying for the procedure, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

As RadarOnline.com has exclusively reported, Rebecca's family does not believe she committed suicide and have insisted that she was murdered, and now Dr. Phil McGraw is going to have her body exhumed from her grave in Missouri and retested for any more evidence of foul play.

He will air the results on his show during the November sweeps season.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2011, 08:54:58 AM »

Valhall has posted a new blog article:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/10/26/rebecca-zahau-case-so-what-was-the-back-story/

Rebecca Zahau case: So what was the back story?

Posted on October 26, 2011 by Valhall

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2011, 09:36:33 AM »

IMO, the actions of LE are totally disgusting and completely unprofessional. I hold a glimmer of hope in my heart that someone involved in the investigation can't live with how it was conducted and is surreptitiously informing Anne Bremner and pointing items of concern.

I question the early appearance of Pfingst.  As a 2-term former D.A., he "knew" he would be turned away from the death scene; however, he made his presence known anyway. I think there is more to that appearance; like an unspoken word type of thing.

Also, I question not just the LE but the ME. The ME wrote in his AR words to the effect that Rebecca tied the rope around her wrists loosely so she could get in and out of them and, therefore, she committed suicide. That was the ME's conclusion. We know that Adam told LE that he loosened that rope around the wrists. The ME, IMO, was totally wrong in his conclusion as to what happened.

How egregious and blatant can LE be? Here's the answer: LE knew Adam said he loosened the rope on Rebecca's wrist, yet they produced an elaborate video based on the ME's incorrect conclusion, even without using the same type and size of rope that was found at the death scene. LE showed their blatantly, egregious concept to the world as though "this is what happened"....even though they "knew" what Adam said.

This is so wrong that it must not be left alone. We can't allow law enforcement and medical examiners so arrogantly work their own agendas and it not be brought out into the sunshine. These are people that the public pays their salaries and pay for their honest expertise. Folks like this can't be left to paint the public's minds with such dishonesty and with such fervor - they keep insisting they're right, when it's obvious even to regular folks that the lies by LE are proven and, yet, LE arrogantly maintains them.

There must be justice for the family and, at this point, for the public.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »

Thanks for all of the updates Puzzler! an angelic monkey

Here is another regarding the radar online article:

Body of hanging victim Rebecca Zahau to be exhumed

Posted: Oct 26, 2011 9:23 AM CDT Updated: Oct 26, 2011 9:23 AM CDT
Posted by Steve Stout

::snipping2::
SAN DIEGO (AP) -

The family of a woman who was found hanged in a San Diego mansion say they'll exhume her body for more testing and the findings will be aired on the "Dr. Phil" TV show in the future.

Relatives of Rebecca Zahau don't accept the medical examiner's conclusion that she committed suicide in July at the Coronado home.

The San Diego Union-Tribune quotes a family statement as saying a public donation fund will pay for the exhumation and a second autopsy.

http://www.kpho.com/story/15879231/body-of-san-diego-hanging-victim-to-be-exhumed

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2011, 11:28:52 AM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/10/rebecca-zahau-investigation-forensic-expert-forced-case

Renowned Forensic Expert 'Forced Off' Rebecca Zahau Death Investigation

(snip)   Forensic expert Dr. Maurice Godwin, who was hired by Rebecca Zahau's family after the San Diego Sheriff's Department ruled her death a suicide, is no longer working with the family, and the renowned expert thinks Dr. Phil is the reason he was let go from the investigation, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2011, 12:28:46 PM »

Just heard on Fox News that RZ's autopsy will be performed tomorrow in Pittsburg.

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2011, 12:48:19 PM »

Just heard on Fox News that RZ's autopsy will be performed tomorrow in Pittsburg.

This is all great news.  I don't really care for Dr. Phil, but if this helps re-open this case, I say go for it.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/coronado-mansion-suicide-rushed-judgment-dr-cyril-wecht/story?id=14821376
Coronado Mansion Suicide Was 'Rushed to Judgment,' Says Dr. Cyril Wecht
October 27, 2011

When Rebecca Zahau's death in a Coronado, Calif., mansion was ruled a suicide investigators may have "rushed to judgment," according to a prominent forensic pathologist who will conduct a second autopsy on the woman Friday.

Zahau's body has been exhumed and will be examined by Dr. Cyril Wecht, the 80-year-old forensic pathologist who has weighed in on high-profile deaths such as the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the O.J. Simpson trial, and the JonBenet Ramsey case.

The fresh autopsy on Zahau's body will take place Friday in Pittsburgh, Pa., Wecht told ABCNews.com today.

Zahau's family, which has repeatedly expressed frustration that investigators ruled her death a suicide, exhumed Zahau's body from a cemetery in St. Joseph, Mo., and transported it to Pennsylvania for the independent autopsy which should be finished in one and a half weeks, Wecht said.

"The first autopsy was quite thorough. I have not criticized the autopsy, I have raised questions with the haste with which they rushed to judgment regarding the manner of death," Wecht told ABCNews.com.

He added that he doesn't dispute hanging as the cause of death, but when investigators determined Zahau killed herself, he said, "I thought they concluded that too rapidly."

The family plans to discuss Wecht's findings with TV show host Dr. Phil McGraw next month, Zahau's sister, Snowem Horwath, told ABCNews.com.
Was Zahau an Assault Victim?
Dr. James Lauridson, an Alabama forensic consultant who has done autopsies on 10 exhumed bodies during his career, said even though Zahau has been buried since July, the second autopsy could provide additional evidence about Zahau's death.

"At this point, what the second autopsy is going to add is a further delineation of injuries, primarily to the limbs and tissues of the skin and muscles," said Lauridson, who has 25 years of experience as a forensic pathologist. "Looking at the timing of those injuries and the distribution of those injuries may suggest there is more than one person involved in this, or that this amounted to an assault."

He described the case as "highly suspicious," especially because bodies are usually found hanging a short distance from where they were anchored. The rope around Zahau's neck, however, was 9 feet, 2 inches long.

"A long-drop hanging is just like, wow -- I personally have never seen a suicide do a long drop," he said.
After reviewing Zahau's first autopsy, Lauridson noted the only tissues that appeared to have been examined under the microscope were from her heart, liver and an endometrial polyp.

"None of those have anything to do with the death here," he said.

In a typical suicide, Lauridson added, a detailed tissue analysis isn't necessary. But because this is an unusual case, such an examination could prove crucial.

"It appears to me there's a possibility of detecting more injuries. For example, the binding of the hands, the binding of the feet -- she also had a gag in her mouth. I've got to wonder about all of that," said Lauridson. "Occasionally, an extensive dissection of the tissues under the skin and muscles will reveal injuries that are not apparent from just a visual inspection of the intact body."

It's also possible to investigate whether or not all of Zahau's injuries were fresh or if some of them had been inflicted earlier, he added.

Although Zahau has been buried since July, embalming fluid has preserved the body, which would allow an investigator to reexamine the tissues.
Family Arranges for Second Zahau Autopsy

Exhuming a body and transporting it from Missouri to Pennsylvania could cost up to $10,000, Lauridson said.

Zahau's sister, Snowem Horwath, told ABCNews.com the family paid for the exhumation "through the generosity of others," and that Wecht has "donated his services."

His usual fee for private autopsies is $500 an hour, according to the New York Times.

The family has also set up a website where people can donate to their ongoing investigation into Zahau's death.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2011, 09:05:31 PM »

Dr. Baden is good; however, I feel he does not know enough about the case to make some of his statements (specifically, the ropes – sounds like he doesn’t realize Adam loosened the rope and he said that she had dirt on her feet that matched the dirt on the balcony and there was no testing indicated to make that determination).

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1244218836001/new-autopsy-to-be-performed-in-mysterious-mansion-hanging/

New Autopsy to Be Performed in Mysterious Mansion Hanging

Oct 27, 2011  What will exhumation of Rebecca Zahau's body reveal?

Video – with Dr. Baden and Forensic Drawing

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »

Dr. Baden is good; however, I feel he does not know enough about the case to make some of his statements (specifically, the ropes – sounds like he doesn’t realize Adam loosened the rope and he said that she had dirt on her feet that matched the dirt on the balcony and there was no testing indicated to make that determination).

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1244218836001/new-autopsy-to-be-performed-in-mysterious-mansion-hanging/

New Autopsy to Be Performed in Mysterious Mansion Hanging

Oct 27, 2011  What will exhumation of Rebecca Zahau's body reveal?

Video – with Dr. Baden and Forensic Drawing

I understand what you're saying, because I've seen other cases where the person discussing the case may be skilled and has a lot of experience , but sometimes they just haven't followed the case enough to know the intricacies and details involved.  They try to give their opinion but haven't done their homework. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »

2nd autopsy completed on San Diego hanging victim

(snip)
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A pathologist hired by the family of a hanging victim at a San Diego-area mansion has completed a new autopsy on the body.

Pennsylvania pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht said after his examination Friday that he will correlate his findings with the original autopsy report and police reports before making his own conclusion. He expects that will take a week or so.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jgSsmT3XeByAICizrNh1ShEvGyHw?docId=46627246e47948f4afa04b348e8c578c

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/spreckels-mansion-has-been-sold-zahau-shacknai-suicide-investigation

Spreckels Mansion Has Been Sold

An investment group has bought the property, the focus of public curiosity since the deaths of homeowner Jonah Shacknai's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, and son in July.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2011, 06:00:59 PM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/spreckels-mansion-has-been-sold-zahau-shacknai-suicide-investigation

Spreckels Mansion Has Been Sold

An investment group has bought the property, the focus of public curiosity since the deaths of homeowner Jonah Shacknai's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, and son in July.

Isn't that convenient .  Especially with the slow housing market in California .    cough cough .
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »

Spreckels Mansion: For Sale, Again

(snip)

The investment group behind the purchase, said real estate agent Scott Aurich, does not plan to hold on to the mansion, but will list it for sale for $14.5 million by Wednesday or Thursday.

Aurich would not disclose how much the investors paid Shacknai for the residence, but he said the deal has been in the works for about two weeks.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15928565/news-8-reenacts-the-coronado-mansion-mystery

Exclusive: News 8 reenacts the Coronado mansion mystery

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-zahau-attorney-releases-first-details-of-police-report-20111101,0,526310.story

Zahau attorney releases first details of police report

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/11/02/rebecca-zahau-case-bremner-receives-files-romano-at-mansion/

Rebecca Zahau case: Bremner receives files, Romano at mansion?

Posted on November 2, 2011 by Valhall

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-11-02/suicide-mansion-sale/51041750/1
CEO's Calif. mansion where girlfriend, son died is sold
November 2, 2011

PHOENIX, Ariz. – Medicis CEO Jonah Shacknai has sold his Coronado, Calif., mansion to a group of investors three months after the high-profile hanging death of his girlfriend there this summer.
The buyer is an investment group, 1043 Ocean LLC, that intends to remodel and resell the historic Spreckels mansion located in an exclusive beachfront neighborhood, according to Scott Aurich, a real-estate agent with Pacific Sotheby's International Realty.

Aurich did not disclose the sales price or the names of the investors.

Shacknai hasn't returned to the 12,750-square-foot summer home since his girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, was found dead July 13, hanging nude from a second-story balcony with a rope around her neck. Zahau's death came two days after Shacknai's son, Max, was gravely injured from a fall there while under Zahau's care. Max died later that week at a San Diego hospital.

"He has not come back to the house nor plans to come back to the house," said Aurich, adding that somebody else already has removed Shacknai's personal belongings from the mansion.
Aurich said Shacknai purchased the 12-bedroom, 11-bathroom mansion in 2007 for $12.75 million. The sprawling home, built for prominent San Diego businessman and philanthropist John D. Spreckels in the early 1900s, is now listed by 1043 Ocean LLC for $14.5 million.

Aurich said that the home's historical appeal and prime location should trump any lingering concerns a buyer may have over the tragic events that occurred there.

"I don't see it (deaths) as an asset, but I don't see it as a huge impediment. It is the most spectacular location in Coronado," Aurich said.

Under California law, a home seller must disclose deaths that occurred on the property over the past three years. The one exception is individuals who died from complications from AIDS.

Holly Mabery, 2012 president of the Arizona Association of Realtors and an associate real-estate broker with Keller Williams Check Realty in Sedona, said that unlike California, Arizona does not require sellers to disclose a recent death in the home.

Still, Mabery said knowledge of a recent death can be a significant issue to some buyers, depending on their religious beliefs, and that full disclosure of such an event is considered good practice.

The impact of a high-profile death on the ability to sell a home depends on the quality and location of the home, she said.

"In a mansion on Coronado Island, it's not really going to affect the value," Mabery said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.