March 29, 2024, 09:00:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebecca Nalepa Zahau Found Hanging, Bound Mansion of Jonah Shacknai (Suicide)  (Read 228564 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »

And further, I thought her legs were tied together.  That's what the cops say.  What about if her legs were taped to the legs of a chair when she died and that accounts for the position.  Maybe someone straightened them and tied them together before they threw her over the balcony, but they sprang back into that position when the bindings holding her legs together were loosened.  Anyway, Unless Adam released her legs, how is it she fell to the ground in that position.  Fishy, fishy, fishy.

I took another look at the photos and her ankles are still tied together on the ground.  I had thought that the orange rope was part of the orange drawing pen that someone had used, probably LE, on the pic.  Still, I think if she died by hanging her legs would have been straight down and not in a sitting position.  I do think she died while sitting, with her arms tied behind her.  There was residue of some kind of tape on her legs, but according to the coroner, not on the legs where they would have been tied together. I wonder if it was in a position where her legs could have been taped to a chair.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »

IMO - there's more to Shacknai that we know now - he's arrogant and does as he pleases (if you read the account of the HOA where he lives) and if he's like that with an "historical" home, he'd be like that in other aspects of his life.  He acts like he's "entitled" to do as he pleases.  That type personality can brings surprises in what they are willing to do - at least surprises to me and how I think.

Here we go:

Shacknai attorney warns Zahau family attorney to 'cease and desist'

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15406681/shacknai-sends-cease-and-desist-letter-to-zahau-family-attorney

(snip)

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS8) - Millionaire pharmaceutical tycoon Jonah Shacknai is coming out swinging in the media battle over the death of his son and girlfriend at his Coronado mansion.

Chicago-based attorney Dan Webb emailed the following "cease and desist" letter Tuesday to Seattle-based attorney Anne Bremner, following her appearance on CNN Headline News and interviews with several media outlets including News 8.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2011, 05:13:16 PM »

And further, I thought her legs were tied together.  That's what the cops say.  What about if her legs were taped to the legs of a chair when she died and that accounts for the position.  Maybe someone straightened them and tied them together before they threw her over the balcony, but they sprang back into that position when the bindings holding her legs together were loosened.  Anyway, Unless Adam released her legs, how is it she fell to the ground in that position.  Fishy, fishy, fishy.

I took another look at the photos and her ankles are still tied together on the ground.  I had thought that the orange rope was part of the orange drawing pen that someone had used, probably LE, on the pic.  Still, I think if she died by hanging her legs would have been straight down and not in a sitting position.  I do think she died while sitting, with her arms tied behind her.  There was residue of some kind of tape on her legs, but according to the coroner, not on the legs where they would have been tied together. I wonder if it was in a position where her legs could have been taped to a chair.

Yes, you would think her legs would be straight.

Even "if" they were bent when she was laid down, "why" aren't they laying together?  The weight of a leg would automatically fall down....since it's apparent in the photo that one of the legs is in the air a little bit - this it does make one want to specualte that she died while sitting and was left in that position for a sustained period of time.

Either that, or the rope over the balcony was so long that her feet hit the ground and her legs bent - that doesn't make sense, because then she wouldn't have been hanged - at least not from that balcony with that rope.

Rope - another thing - the pictures of the balcony with the cut off rope...isn't that high up? Doesn't look like he could stand on that table and cut a rope off that high up...

This is pure speculation - what if she was hung somewhere else and that balcony scene was staged?

After all - there's only the brother's word that he cut her down from hanging off that balcony.

DNA - another thing - Only her DNA on everything?  Hello?  If the brother cut her down and "looks like" he carried her to lay her down and says he pulled out the blue shirt from her mouth and tried CPR...if all that...then "WHY" isn't his DNA anywhere on the rope off the balcony or on her body, or DNA on her mouth, or on the blue shirt, or on her chest?  I'm thinking this wasn't the best CSI team - DNA can be discovered even by "touch" these days.

Another thing, how do you perform CPR on a person when their hands are tied behind their back?

Another thing, why didn't LE put a covering over Rebecca, rather than leave her exposed to the sun with helicopters flying overhead?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »

I wonder - was she wearing that long sleeved blue t-shirt to sleep in?  Could someone have used that to pull over her head and apprehend her....then wrapping it around her neck and stuffing the sleeve ends in her mouth?

She was hit on the head.  4 hemorrhages underneath the scalp - now they're trying to say that she had superficial wounds to the right side of the head and that she probable got them during the fall.  However, ME on JVM or NG last night (can't remember which show now) said that the hemorrhages were not superficial and would not have been sustained by a fall from the balcony - there were 4 on top of the head.  So there's some difference there - you know?

Another difference - Shacknai, they keep saying, was at the hospital when Rebecca's body was discovered around 7:00 a.m....okay, where was Shacknai around 3:00 a.m. when the body was killed?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2011, 05:21:29 PM »

One last thing (for now...ha ha), Shacknai is johnny-on-the-spot after Bremner - just like he was johnn-on-the-spot to tell Rebecca's sister (right up front) that Rebecca committed suicide.  Huh?  How did he know that?  Or was that what he decided it should be called?  Sorry.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »

Bizarre Mansion Death a Suicide?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/07/rebecca-zahau-suicide-at-shacknai-mansion-ruling-questioned.html

Another thing - that LE produced video of the woman shown wrapping rope around her arms - that was a much larger rope, and very soft, supple looking as compared to the smaller and harder looking rope in the close-up pictures of the rope attached to the bed - that rope doesn't look supple at all - and at the time of the picture - the body had been cut down and if that rope was supple, why does it look so stiff on the bed post?

If LE is to be credible in their video - they should have used the "exact" type of rope.

Now...the big supple rope is easy for the woman to flip and flop around her wrists, etc.....but what about a stiffer, less supple rope...shouldn't the video have used the same kind and size of roping?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »

Kobilinsky and Godwin

Rebecca Zahau's Death a Ritualistic Killing?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/rebecca-zahaus-death-ritualistic-killing-expert/story?id=14463695

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »

I wonder - was she wearing that long sleeved blue t-shirt to sleep in?  Could someone have used that to pull over her head and apprehend her....then wrapping it around her neck and stuffing the sleeve ends in her mouth?

She was hit on the head.  4 hemorrhages underneath the scalp - now they're trying to say that she had superficial wounds to the right side of the head and that she probable got them during the fall.  However, ME on JVM or NG last night (can't remember which show now) said that the hemorrhages were not superficial and would not have been sustained by a fall from the balcony - there were 4 on top of the head.  So there's some difference there - you know?

Another difference - Shacknai, they keep saying, was at the hospital when Rebecca's body was discovered around 7:00 a.m....okay, where was Shacknai around 3:00 a.m. when the body was killed?

How did she get blows to her head if she hung herself??
This does not add up. 
You think someones getting paid off????

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2011, 06:41:39 PM »

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/images/ms01.jpg

Check out this LE rendering of what they think happened to Maxie.  Looks like he was running with his head turned and not looking where he was going and he ran into the bannister and his forward motion propelled the just turned 6 y.o. child over the bannister.  I see one thing wrong, IMO.  The stick figure looks like an adult size and the body is hitting the top of the bannister below hip level - in that instance, I could understand forward motion causing a body to go over the bannister.  However, this was a little boy - SURELY his body did not hit the bannister at the thigh level - how tall is a boy who just turned 6?  How tall is a bannister?  I just can't imagine that this boy hit the bannister with his thighs.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 06:43:09 PM »

How did she get blows to her head if she hung herself??
This does not add up. 
You think someones getting paid off????

Possibly.  Possibly she was ordered killed.  By whom?  Don't know.  But that message was written in 3rd person. 

She saved him, can you save her?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2011, 07:38:49 PM »

Check out the 2nd comment posted by Harold Klein MD, UCLA Professor

Girlfriend of Medicis CEO Is Found Dead

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304203304576446184124867402.html?KEYWORDS=rebecca+nalepa#articleTabs%3Dcomments

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »

LE says there was no sign of struggle, but check out these pictures - eventually you'll come to one of a white wicker chair knocked over on its side.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/rz.pdf

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »

San Diego Sheriff’s Department Willing To Reopen Rebecca Zahau Case

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/rebecca-zahau-death-san-diego-police-willing-reopen-case-ruled-suicide

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »

Rebecca's Autopsy Report

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64114521/Reports

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »

This is an interesting read about those that commit suicide naked.  Why?  And so on...

http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/36/2/240

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »

National Suicide Statistics:

http://www.afsp.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewpage&page_id=050fea9f-b064-4092-b1135c3a70de1fda

http://www.afsp.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=04ECB949-C3D9-5FFA-DA9C65C381BAAEC0

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »

After a quick glance through I didn't see this posted:

Billionaire's Girlfriend's Last Note Inconsistent with Suicide

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiates/2011/09/06/billionaires-girlfriends-last-note-inconsistent-with-suicide/

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2011, 11:55:30 AM »

Family Of Rebecca Zahau Beg Police: ‘We Want Her Things Back’

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/rebecca-zahau-belongings-not-returned-police-family-after-suicide

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »

This is an interesting read about those that commit suicide naked.  Why?  And so on...

http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/36/2/240

This article is very interesting and thanks for posting it.  The two most important suicides to which the author points, Marilyn Monroe and Robert Maxwell had elements which could also point to murder.  Marilyn Monroe died in her bed, nude.  But her housekeeper said that she habitually slept in the nude.  Also, there were and are suspicions that she was murdered, i.e. her well-known journal being missing in which many said that she kept details of her sexual affairs with two highly placed politicians, and she was murdered to prevent her exposing these affairs.  In Robert Maxwell's case, since he drowned, he could very well have been swimming in the nude.  He, too, had enemies in the publishing world and could well have been murdered.  As to the third, Cleopatra, there is no reliable source as to her state of dress or undress, but artists many centuries later did depict her as being nude, although the only eyewitness said she was dressed in her royal regalia.

In the absence of any factors which could point to murder, I would say that Ms. Zahau committed suicide.  However there are many circumstances which have yet to be explained satisfactorily, circumstances which could point to murder.  Last night on one of the HLN shows, it was revealed that blood had pooled on the back portion of Ms. Zahau's body, indicating without doubt that she met her demise while lying on her back.  There is no proof that she wrote the message on the door, and her family insists it is not her style of writing.  It is also enigmatic in it's message and no one to my knowledge has yet to decifer its meaning  and connect the meaning to Ms. Zahau's death.  LE seems to feel that a telephone call to Ms. Zahau from Mr. Shacknai in the form of voice mail, advised her that Mr. Shacknai's son, Max, would not survive his earlier fall, was the catalyst.  However, according to Ms. Shacknai's sister's attorney, Anne Brenmer, no such message now exists and had been erased if it did exist.  I believe that this information about the message came from Mr. Shacknai.  Certainly any messages which had been erased could be retrieved by technical experts in the field, but apparently this was not done.

The question of the rope and the nautical knots also play into the  suspicions of murder.  Ms. Zahau's family insists that she would not know how to tie those nautical knots, nor is anyone aware of where this particular kind of nautical rope was obtained by Ms. Zahau, although her boyfriend, Mr. Shacknai said it "Might have been lying around somewhere."  LE says she obtained it from a shelf in the garage, but fail to explain how they have determined this.  Mr. Shacknai's brother Andy was staying at the house and it is he who claims to have discovered the body of Ms. Zahau and cut her down, apparently letting her fall to the ground.  Adam Shacknai is reported to be a tugboat captain.

Our poster, Puzzler, and I have both questioned how Ms. Zahau's legs were positioned as they were at death as shown in photographs of her body carelessly left exposed on the lawn after Mr. Shacknai's brother thoughtlessly IMO cut her body down and apparently let it fall to the ground. I am not an expert in this field, and indeed have limited knowledge of it, but it seems to me that a person who hanged himself would have their muscles completely relaxed at death and their legs would hang straight down, not in a sitting position as the photos seem to indicate was the case.  I do know enough to know that if Ms. Zahau had been dead long enough for rigor mortis to have set in, and if no one moved her during that period, her legs would be in the position they were when she died. And in this case IMO there is no doubt she was sitting in a chair, perhaps the chair having been turned over backwards, when she died. 

LE insists that they have answered every question to their satisfaction and their discoveries prove yjat Ms. Zahau was responsible for her own death.  Perhaps to their satisfaction, but if so, they have failed to explain the above circumstances to the public and I think they have a duty to do so.  If not to the public, at least to Ms. Zahau's immediate family.

If any murder warrants further investigation, it is this one.  It could be that Ms. Zahau killed herself, but there are too many contraindictations that this is not true.  It is unfair to Ms. Zahau, Mr. Shacknai, and Ms. Zahau's family to not seek further answers to these troubling questions.

It is also troubling to me that Mr. Shacknai obtained the services of an attorney to specifically threaten Ms. Brenmer with legal action.  I haven't heard Ms. Brenmer indicate that she is accusing Mr. Shacknai of anything.  As far as I can tell, her questions are directed toward LE and from what she has said, she feels further investigation is needed by LE, but not directed at Mr. Shacknai in particular.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »

Link to San Diego Sheriff's site re: Coronado with news releases, briefing documents and pictures.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.