April 27, 2024, 12:46:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebecca Nalepa Zahau Found Hanging, Bound Mansion of Jonah Shacknai (Suicide)  (Read 229960 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2011, 06:22:49 PM »

Texasmom!  Thank you!

I haven't been able to see this before...surely appreciate your efforts.

Puzzler

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »

Texasmom!  Thank you!

I haven't been able to see this before...surely appreciate your efforts.

Puzzler

Thank you from me too!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »

ugh...that autopsy report is brutal....

I think that the poster who said above that Max may have reached for the chandelier and fell from there makes a lot of sense...not him tripping over a bannister....but...strange that the sister and Rebecca were both doing something else when this happened to Max...how old is Xena?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »

Is there an "error" on this report?  Last page toward the bottom - Antemortem - says samples were collected on 6/16/2011 - 6 = June - shouldn't that be JULY?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »

ugh...that autopsy report is brutal....

I think that the poster who said above that Max may have reached for the chandelier and fell from there makes a lot of sense...not him tripping over a bannister....but...strange that the sister and Rebecca were both doing something else when this happened to Max...how old is Xena?

Xena is 13 y.o.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »

Cookie:

I said it makes more sense that he was going after the soccer ball when he went over the railing than riding the scooter and grabbing the chandalier while holding onto the scooter while going over the railing.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »

Cookie:

I said it makes more sense that he was going after the soccer ball when he went over the railing than riding the scooter and grabbing the chandalier while holding onto the scooter while going over the railing.

thought it was you but I didn't scroll back that far...I think your theory makes the most sense of anything else that I have read on all of this..poor Max...way too young to die...RIP

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »

I read an explanation of the autopsy report on Max, by I want to say KZ, on The Hinky Meter.  It was very well written.  I'll try and locate it and repost. 

I still believe in order to understand Rebecca's death, we have to look at Max's.  Allegedly, Rebecca's "decision" to take her own life, was based on Max's deteriorating condition/imminent death.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2011, 07:14:02 PM »

You're welcome to all.  Just wanted to make the report available for those who were having trouble with the link opening.

Good eye Puzzler, I believe that is an error and should be July instead of June.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2011, 07:44:40 PM »

Very good posting on The Hinky Meter well worth the read:

Rebecca Zahau Case: Max Shacknai Autopsy Review

Posted on September 10, 2011 by K Z

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09/10/rebecca-zahau-case-max-shacknai-autopsy-review/#more-7892

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2011, 08:39:29 PM »

Very good posting on The Hinky Meter well worth the read:

Rebecca Zahau Case: Max Shacknai Autopsy Review

Posted on September 10, 2011 by K Z

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09/10/rebecca-zahau-case-max-shacknai-autopsy-review/#more-7892

very good read..thanks..

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2011, 08:40:30 PM »

Can someone hunt down the 911 calls?

I would imagine they have been released since both cases are closed, no?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2011, 10:29:14 PM »

Can someone hunt down the 911 calls?

I would imagine they have been released since both cases are closed, no?

No...police won't release 911 calls

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »

Bringing over this post from The Hinky Meter:  http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1342&start=250

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:57 am
Mili wrote:

If the SDSD can be hard-azzed enough to call this a suicide as they slam the door on further investigations, then I can be hard-azzed enough to call this an Assisted Suicide. Semantics don'cha know.

I am not convinced either that there was only one person doing the flinging of RZ over the balcony rail. I may not be the best at using filters, but I did my damn-dest and came up with an unexpected image. Hope this link shares well with anyone who's interested.

http://photobucket.com/RZ_Balcony_Worked

What I had NOT expected was to see a trail of red stains along the length of the rail. I could be wrong, I could be right. But bottom line is that I'd like to see this case re-opened, or else see all of the cards laid out on the table as to how the proof of suicide is arrived at.       
~~~~~~~~~

Me:  I did notice the red "dripped" stain.  What is that?  It's fresh!! It's NOT the blood on Becky's toe.  This blood drop has NOT been disturbed.  The "filters" used by the poster above just allows you to see more clearly that some of the other dark spots/specks are blood, too.  Bothers me a lot that the coroner did not take samples of the blood on Becky's toe or fingers for testing - nothing noted in the autopsy report. 

NOTE: the red specks are on "top" of the alledged footprint and are NOT smudged.  Those spots occurred "after" the footprint occurred.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »

Puzzler ~ thank you for your postings.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2011, 08:02:28 AM »

Thank you to everyone that has added more information.  Neither of the two cases have ever set well with me.  It seems like something is going on with both cases, and I think it was attempted to neatly package them up and tie them nicely with a bow to try to pass them off as just two tragic events.  If only one of the events had occurred, it would still raise a lot of questions.  But two cases with highly unusual circumstances in a short period of time?     What's going on here?!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »

Reading the autopsy report, this is the first time I realized that appr 20 mins or so passed before Max was found.  It also indicated that the brain damage he had came from those minutes without oxygen. 

Could it be that Rebecca was blamed for not helping Max soon enough after the fall?  Even though it was initially an accident, she was blamed for not taking action soon enough and causing his death?  Could Jonah think that if she had found him sooner he might not have suffered the brain damage?

I would also like to know the financial status of Adam. Did he have money troubles? or did he rely on Jonah as a supplement income?   Also, how close are Adam and Jonah? Were they the kind of brothers who would do anything for the other?  Anything in the heat of the moment?  Or as someone asked before, how close are Dina(Mom) & Adam?  Could someone have conspired to make Rebecca pay for what happened to Max?

I would also like to know how someone could bind their own hands and feet, then go over a balcony?  Would she have just flung herself off the balcony, if so, wouldn't there have been markings on the dusty balcony showing her footprints kinda slipping?   I don;t see how she could have climbed over herself - being bound and all.

It all just doesn't make sense.  Too many far reaching explanations. All MOO.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2011, 04:49:33 PM »

Puzzler ~ thank you for your postings.

You're welcome.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2011, 04:55:51 PM »

Reading the autopsy report, this is the first time I realized that appr 20 mins or so passed before Max was found.  It also indicated that the brain damage he had came from those minutes without oxygen. 

Could it be that Rebecca was blamed for not helping Max soon enough after the fall?  Even though it was initially an accident, she was blamed for not taking action soon enough and causing his death?  Could Jonah think that if she had found him sooner he might not have suffered the brain damage?

I would also like to know the financial status of Adam. Did he have money troubles? or did he rely on Jonah as a supplement income?   Also, how close are Adam and Jonah? Were they the kind of brothers who would do anything for the other?  Anything in the heat of the moment?  Or as someone asked before, how close are Dina(Mom) & Adam?  Could someone have conspired to make Rebecca pay for what happened to Max?

I would also like to know how someone could bind their own hands and feet, then go over a balcony?  Would she have just flung herself off the balcony, if so, wouldn't there have been markings on the dusty balcony showing her footprints kinda slipping?   I don;t see how she could have climbed over herself - being bound and all.

It all just doesn't make sense.  Too many far reaching explanations. All MOO.

Kimmy - I may be wrong, but the way I understand it is that a loud crash was heard and Becky went to him immediately - it was that it was 20-25 minutes before "breathing was restored" - that was after Becky attempted CPR and the EMTs used their equipment - he had a fatal injury in his fall and basically died then - but the EMT's revived him much later after adding drugs to his heart - twice - and too much time had elapsed for the brain to survive.  But...it was a fatal fall - he would have died no matter what.  Very sad to say - but he was dead at the fall....it's amazing that they were able to get a heartbeat again and it was sustained by all the equipment.

All that to say that it doesn't appear Becky didn't attend to him for 20 min. "after" the fall. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »

Bringing over this post from The Hinky Meter:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1345

KZ Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:58 am

Regarding the possibility of Max ever regaining consciousness, I'll say that is 100% medically impossible, given the extent of his injuries. I don't even need to see the medical records to state with complete confidence that he never regained consciousness after the fall, which is a small blessing, imo. Whether he had a brief, fleeting moment of consciousness after the fall is a small possibility, but I even highly doubt that he would have maintained consciousness during the process of Rebecca turning him over at the bottom of the steps, to utter the word "Ocean".

He was in a full cardiac arrest for 30 min at the scene, and would have been intubated before transport to the ER. (A breathing tube in the windpipe.) Given his decorticate posturing in the ER (a sign of extensive, usually irreversible neurological damage), massive cerebral edema, and 7 inch sagittal skull fracture, as well as the shredding of the top 2 cm of his spinal cord, regaining consciousness under those circumstances is not a possibility. He had NO intrinsic respiratory effort at that point-- his spinal cord injury was too high. Even if he had somehow lived beyond his few days in ICU, he would have likely been in a persistent vegatative state, on a ventilator forever, quadriplegic, and not able to think or communicate, for whatever remained of his life.

It is a heartbreaking tragedy, but there was never any hope for Max to wake up and be normal again. There was never any real hope that he would even live at all, imo, even in a vegetative state. What I find impossible is that the docs would have held out any hope at all to Jonah, Dina, and Rebecca. You see, I strongly believe from my nearly 30 years in acute care (ICU's and the operating room) that they told the family very early on that there was no hope, and that it was just a matter of time until he either died on his own, or was confirmed to be irreversibly brain dead. Confirmation of brain death in someone whose heart is still beating takes 48 to 72 hours, using a number of well-established criteria. Many times patients in these situations are having multiple episodes of cardiac arrest and arrhythmias in the ICU, but do not have a "do not resuscitate" order yet. So we give lots of different meds to support the heart function, BP, etc, while brain death is being confirmed. Sometimes this is because the family is still in such shock they don't want to allow a DNR order. Sometimes we maintain the patient because organ donation is desired by the family, and a beating heart donor can donate more organs and tissues than a donor who has arrested and been pronounced dead. Perhaps Jonah and Dina jointly decided to donate Max's organs very early on, and the brain death criteria was being documented in prep for beating heart donation.

So I find it nearly impossible that Rebecca believed there was hope for Max's recovery right up until she got a troubling voice mail informing her he was going to die. The ONLY way that story could make any sense to me is if Jonah and Dina held back the true extent of the damage and prognosis from Rebecca, and falsely lead her to believe there was ANY hope.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.