April 27, 2024, 01:58:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebecca Nalepa Zahau Found Hanging, Bound Mansion of Jonah Shacknai (Suicide)  (Read 229965 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2012, 01:53:05 AM »

http://www.trademarkia.com/maxinmotion-85411367.html

MAXINMOTION

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2012, 03:16:26 AM »

Date: 4/17/2012

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2012, 03:17:47 AM »

Date: June 7, 2012

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2012, 03:18:59 AM »

Date: 2012

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #364 on: July 12, 2012, 06:35:25 AM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/spreckels-mansion-one-year-later-the-community-moves-on-zahau-shacknai

Spreckels One Year Later: The Community Carries On
July 11, 2012

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2012, 08:38:22 AM »

I cannot believe it has been a year......................... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »

How sad.. Thanks for making me aware of this case. I don't know how the investigators could come to that conclusion and then a request to reopen the case is shot down... That's what happened right? (I didn't quite get the comment I bolded.. Does that mean an independent investigation is still possible?)

NO!!!!!! Well, the AG had better approve an independent investigation. We "knew" the Sheriff and the DA are in the pockets of JS...but don't forget...the ME was the "first" to say it was a suicide.

http://www.facebook.com/AnneMBremner/posts/448115018534953

Anne Bremner
In the Rebecca Zahau case our requests to re-open the investigation have been turned down by the DA and SDSD. This was a stated condition precedent to our going to the AG for an independent investigation. We have now submitted a detailed request to the AG.

I find the confusion (or smoke and mirrors) about who owns the house interesting.. Why say he sold it if he didn't? And his early request to reopen the investigation seemed half hearted and self serving (to make it look good that he would ask but that he didn't want one or expect one... How he said he trusts the current findings but thinks others would be helped by a second look)

And started to google the case and found one article where someone in the comments  vehemently argues and responds to every single opinion thats questioning the suicide conclusion. (sometimes I wonder if people who do that are personally invested in it.. Who has the time)

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/a-lurid-and-tragic-case-draws-attention-from-near-and-far-zahau-shacknai-year-anniversary
A Lurid and Tragic Case Draws Attention From Near and Far
For a time the death of Rebecca Zahau attracted the type of media spotlight that has fallen on other infamous investigations, from Laci Peterson to Natalee Holloway.
By Jennifer Vigil Email the author 5:20 am (July 12, 2012)
 Email Print  74 Comments

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #367 on: July 12, 2012, 09:54:53 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/rebecca-zahau-death-max-shacknai-mother-suing

Max Shacknai's Mother Suing Estate Of Rebecca Zahau
 57 221 
Posted on Apr 11, 2012 @ 04:30PM   print it send it

By Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Dina Shacknai, the mother of six-year-old Max Shacknai who tragically died last summer at his father's Coronado mansion, is suing the San Diego Medical Examiner's office to obtain his autopsy photos because she doesn't believe that he died by falling and hitting his head, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.
 ::snipping2::

"Dina doesn't believe that Max fell to his death, she never believed nor agreed with that finding. Dina is gathering as much information as possible pertaining to Max's death, and this includes seeking his autopsy photos. Remember, Rebecca Zahau's younger sister, Xena (13), was also at the house the day that Max died. The San Diego Sheriff's Department said that Rebecca was in the bathroom downstairs, and Xena was in the bathroom upstairs at the time they believe Max fell from the second story balcony area. The chandelier that had been hanging from the ceiling in that area was found next to Max's body, and Dina doesn't believe that Max had enough strength to attempt to grab onto it to break his fall, as the report from law enforcement stated. Dina is exploring all of her legal options, which could include filing a wrongful death lawsuit against Rebecca Zahau's estate. This isn't about money for Dina, she wants answers, period," a source close to the situation tells Radar.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2012, 12:03:03 AM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/a-lurid-and-tragic-case-draws-attention-from-near-and-far-zahau-shacknai-year-anniversary

A Lurid and Tragic Case Draws Attention From Near and Far

July 12, 2012

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: July 13, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/paradise_valley/new-mansion-mystery-death-details-from-mother-of-max-shacknai-boy-who-died-at-coronado-home

New mansion mystery death details from mother of Max Shacknai, boy who died at Coronado home

July 13, 2012

(snip) Dina also reveals to the magazine that she and Jonah agreed on certain rules for Rebecca regarding Max. She tells the Outhier that Rebecca was not allowed to attend school functions, not allowed to take Max across state lines, and not allowed to babysit him alone while other Zahau family members were present.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2012, 11:18:49 AM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/zahau-s-sister-says-family-will-continue-to-press-for-new-probe-shacknai

Zahau's Sister Says Family Will Continue to Press for New Probe

Younger sister Snowem Horwath, of Germany, said even “if it takes many years” she will continue to challenge finding that Rebecca Zahau killed herself.

July 13, 2012

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #371 on: July 13, 2012, 11:37:02 AM »

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/paradise_valley/new-mansion-mystery-death-details-from-mother-of-max-shacknai-boy-who-died-at-coronado-home

New mansion mystery death details from mother of Max Shacknai, boy who died at Coronado home

July 13, 2012

(snip) Dina also reveals to the magazine that she and Jonah agreed on certain rules for Rebecca regarding Max. She tells the Outhier that Rebecca was not allowed to attend school functions, not allowed to take Max across state lines, and not allowed to babysit him alone while other Zahau family members were present.

This part stands out at me: "not allowed to babysit him alone while other Zahau family members were present." 

I wonder about the specificity of the rules about how Rebecca can interact with Max. I could understand not going to school functions and even not watching him alone  (I don't remember reading how long Rebecca and Jonah were together but its not uncommon for people to not want their spouses gf/bf to watch their children, at least until they know them well enough.)

The two that get me are not crossing state lines (It just seems odd to say..) and not being alone with Max while Rebeccas family were there. (I don't understand the inclusion of family and why that made a difference)

I wonder if something happened to want her family not around Max.. or if this is made up after the fact to explain that Max shouldn't have even been alone with Rebecca and her sister in the first place. (That Rebecca violated her wishes by allowing her sister over)

I wonder what kind of custody arrangement they had and if Jonah/Rebecca complying with Dina's wishes would be just a courtesy and not necessary. I am sorry I didn't read through all the articles and if it was somewhere in there.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #372 on: July 13, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »

It's all curious...I wonder if that's an oral agreement or one that Dina has in writing...if in writing it probably applies to any of JS's "girlfriends". 

Also, if in writing, wouldn't that leave JS open to a lawsuit - afterall, JS supposedly was not at the mansion at the time of Max's death.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #373 on: July 14, 2012, 01:38:54 AM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/celebrated-author-ann-rule-turns-her-attention-to-spreckels-case-zahau-shacknai

Celebrated Author Ann Rule Turns Her Attention to Spreckels Case
Rule's look at the deaths at the mansion one year ago will be released in November.

July 12, 2012

(snip)   “I hope I give some new angles and some understanding of the characters,” Rule said, of Zahau, her boyfriend Jonah Shacknai, his late son and others involved in the case.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #374 on: July 14, 2012, 03:51:49 AM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/spreckels-mansion-one-year-later-the-community-moves-on-zahau-shacknai

Spreckels One Year Later: The Community Carries On
July 11, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: July 14, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »

I wonder if we're ever going to know the truth about the deaths of young Max and Rebecca? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: July 14, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19024331/coronado

Families speak out on anniversary of Coronado mansion deaths

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 1:16 AM EDT Updated: Jul 14, 2012 1:42 AM EDT

(snip) Rudoy told News 8 that the San Diego County Sheriff still has not returned some of Zahau's personal belongs to the family, like her camera, computer or cell phone. He said the Sheriff did make the cell phone available for an independent forensic inspection by an expert hired by the family. That forensic report still is not complete, Rudoy said.  (snip)

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: July 14, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19024331/coronado

Families speak out on anniversary of Coronado mansion deaths

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 1:16 AM EDT Updated: Jul 14, 2012 1:42 AM EDT

(snip) Rudoy told News 8 that the San Diego County Sheriff still has not returned some of Zahau's personal belongs to the family, like her camera, computer or cell phone. He said the Sheriff did make the cell phone available for an independent forensic inspection by an expert hired by the family. That forensic report still is not complete, Rudoy said.  (snip)

Another snip....
The mansion's owner, Arizona millionaire Jonah Shacknai, 55, purchased a beachside vacation home last October in Del Mar for $3.3 million under the company Seafare Holdings LLC, according to real estate records.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #378 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Mom-of-boy-in-Coronado-mansion-death-breaks-silence-162601416.html?utm_source=azfamily.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=Arizona&utm_content=News

Mom of boy in Coronado mansion death breaks yearlong silence
Video report by Ryan O'Donnell
Posted on July 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Updated today at 10:25 AM

PHOENIX -- On the first anniversary of her young son's death inside his father's historic mansion on Coronado Island off the coast of San Diego, Dr. Dina Shacknai is finally breaking her silence.

Shacknai, the ex-wife of Scottsdale businessman Jonah Shacknai, scheduled a news conference at 11 a.m. to announce an initiative "to further the legacy of Max Shacknai."

Max's death was ruled an accident, but Shacknai believes there's more to it. Much more.

"It's still my job to find out what really happened to him, isn't it?" she reportedly said in an exclusive interview with Phoenix Magazine. That interview will appear in the new issue, which hits newsstands this week.

Shacknai also told the magazine she and her ex-husband had agreed that Zahau would not babysit Max, known affectionately by his family as Maxie. She also said she wished she could ask Zahau what happened the day Max fell.

Monday's news conference will be the first time Shacknai has spoken publicly about her son and his death. The foundation she has created, Maxie's H.O.U.S.E., is designed to protect children whose parents are divorced. "H.O.U.S.E." is an acronym for hope, outreach, understanding, safety and education.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: July 16, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »

Tupelo - TY!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.