April 27, 2024, 04:47:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebecca Nalepa Zahau Found Hanging, Bound Mansion of Jonah Shacknai (Suicide)  (Read 229976 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: July 16, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »

The attorney for Dina, who is on the board for Maxie's House, said that they have requested that SDSO sit down and speak with them so that they can provide information they have from an investigation that has been going on this past year - information that they say proves to them that Maxie's death was not due to an accident.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #381 on: July 16, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »

The attorney for Dina, who is on the board for Maxie's House, said that they have requested that SDSO sit down and speak with them so that they can provide information they have from an investigation that has been going on this past year - information that they say proves to them that Maxie's death was not due to an accident.

Excuse me - strick out "that Maxie's death was not due to an accident" 

and insert: that the scenario put forth by the SDSO is inaccurate

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »

Excuse me - strick out "that Maxie's death was not due to an accident" 

and insert: that the scenario put forth by the SDSO is inaccurate

I'm sorry, please excuse me "again":  strike SDSO and insert the Coronado Police Department

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2012, 04:30:26 AM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/shacknai-boy-s-mother-questions-his-cause-of-death-zahau-jonah-dina

Update: Shacknai Boy's Mother Questions Circumstances of His Death
July 16, 2012

Dina Shacknai calls for meeting with Coronado police, who determined the boy died as a result of an accident at Spreckels mansion one year ago. Police Chief Louis Scanlon said the department will oblige.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/shacknai-boy-s-mother-questions-his-cause-of-death-zahau-jonah-dina

July 16, 2012

Dina Shacknai calls for meeting with Coronado police, who determined the boy died as a result of an accident at Spreckels mansion one year ago. Police Chief Louis Scanlon said the department will oblige.

Thank you for keeping this thread updated, Puzzler.  There is so much that doesn't make sense in the deaths of both Max and Rebecca, imo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2012, 06:15:10 AM »

July 16, 2012

Thank you for keeping this thread updated, Puzzler.  There is so much that doesn't make sense in the deaths of both Max and Rebecca, imo.

You're welcome.

Dina has a reputation for going for the jugglar and never letting go - I don't blame her for wanting to find out what happened to her son - especially as she's investigated this and continues to have questions.

CPD handled Max's accident and SDSO handled Rebecca's death because it looked suspicious and CPD doesn't have that kind of expertise.  However, the reenactment of Max going over the railing was put out by SDSO. 

With Dina's reputation, I don't believe CPD could have done anything but agree to meet with Dina...and I'm sure she's armed with plenty - considerning she hired an engineer - and losts of posters have posted ad nausem that Max's accident couldn't possibly have happened the way SDSO's reenactment video suggests.

Now...what's CPD going to do?  Would you want to be Chief of a small police department and turn Dina down!?!

If CPD doesn't turn her down...it's a great big OPEN door to next go to SDSO.  This is already a big deal; we're just seeing the walkway to the steps to the front door....this will be WAR...as Dina won't let go - PLUS - Anne Bremner currently has her filing with the AG of CA, reqesting that the Rebecca Zahau be granted an independent investigation...which the AG is expected to decide on by the end of this summer.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #387 on: July 19, 2012, 06:41:55 AM »

July 16, 2012

You're welcome.

Dina has a reputation for going for the jugglar and never letting go - I don't blame her for wanting to find out what happened to her son - especially as she's investigated this and continues to have questions.

CPD handled Max's accident and SDSO handled Rebecca's death because it looked suspicious and CPD doesn't have that kind of expertise.  However, the reenactment of Max going over the railing was put out by SDSO. 

With Dina's reputation, I don't believe CPD could have done anything but agree to meet with Dina...and I'm sure she's armed with plenty - considerning she hired an engineer - and losts of posters have posted ad nausem that Max's accident couldn't possibly have happened the way SDSO's reenactment video suggests.

Now...what's CPD going to do?  Would you want to be Chief of a small police department and turn Dina down!?!

If CPD doesn't turn her down...it's a great big OPEN door to next go to SDSO.  This is already a big deal; we're just seeing the walkway to the steps to the front door....this will be WAR...as Dina won't let go - PLUS - Anne Bremner currently has her filing with the AG of CA, reqesting that the Rebecca Zahau be granted an independent investigation...which the AG is expected to decide on by the end of this summer.
If that was my son, I would be rabid about it too.  She has a right to know the answers -- but I am afraid the one who could shed the most light on the "accident" took the truth to her grave.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2012, 11:21:52 PM »

What was Rebecca's real name and what was her criminal history?  Doe's anyone know?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2012, 05:04:39 AM »

What was Rebecca's real name and what was her criminal history?  Doe's anyone know?

Rebecca Nelepa - was her married name.

Sometime after her divorce she had her name changed back to her maiden name: Rebecca Zahau.

Crime: shoplifting $1,000 jewelry - IDK what her punishment was, but do know that she did everything she was required to do.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2012, 08:04:01 AM »

What was Rebecca's real name and what was her criminal history?  Doe's anyone know?

Sometime after her divorce she had her name changed back to her maiden name: Rebecca Zahau.

Crime: shoplifting $1,000 jewelry - IDK what her punishment was, but do know that she did everything she was required to do.

Puzzler, I thought her married name was Rebecca Nalepa?  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: August 06, 2012, 12:42:03 AM »

What was Rebecca's real name and what was her criminal history?  Doe's anyone know?

Muffy - TY   I mispelled the name

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: August 06, 2012, 10:31:18 PM »

Muffy - TY   I mispelled the name

Okay Puzzler.    I try to make certain victims names are spelled correctly.  Sometimes there are errors made by media and etc. or names are changed and etc.   I just wanted to verify.  Thank you 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2012, 05:08:07 AM »

Dina Shacknai Wants Son's Death Re-Opened, Labeled Homicide

UPDATED: 6:51 pm PDT August 6, 2012

http://www.10news.com/news/31335409/detail.html?treets=sand&tml=sand_break&ts=T&tmi=sand_break_1_04450108062012

(snip)  Dina Shacknai and her attorneys met with Coronado police one week ago. She told the chief she wants her son's case reopened and investigated as a homicide.

(snip)  On Monday, the findings of a certified forensic pathologist and an expert in injury biomechanics were released.

The results indicate that Max's injuries show he was assaulted before going over a second floor railing.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2012, 05:33:01 AM »

Dina Shacknai Asks to Reopen Mansion Death

Monday, Aug 6, 2012 

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Dina-Jonah-Shacknai-Max-Shacknai-Rebecca-Zahau-165197206.html

(snip)  Forensic pathologist Dr. Judy Melinek contributed to the independent investigation, ultimately calling the manner of Max’s death "inaccurate."

It would be more accurate to certify that manner as a homicide, where homicide is defined as death at the hands of another,” Melinek said in the statement.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #395 on: August 07, 2012, 05:37:33 AM »

Dina Shacknai asks to reopen son's death investigation
Updated: Aug 07, 2012 1:37 AM EDT

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19209102/dina-shacknai-asks-to-reopen-sons-death-investigation

(snip)  According to the independent experts, Max Shacknai's death should have been classified a homicide.

In her first sit-down interview after the report was released, Dina Shacknai said the findings of the investigation into her son's death "didn't make sense. It didn't add up."

Shacknai says, "I know they had done such a thorough job that when I read the findings I was devastated to learn that Maxie was the victim of a homicide - an assault and a homicide."

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: August 07, 2012, 05:49:37 AM »

Shacknai: Independent investigation refutes son's 'accidental' death
Updated: Aug 07, 2012 3:43 AM EDT

http://www.kpho.com/story/19209370/shacknai-independent-investigation-refutes-sons-accidental-death

(snip)  Dr. Bove concluded because of Max's center of gravity, impact with the staircase railing, even at high speeds, would not allow him to fall over the banister, even if he was 4 inches taller, standing on a skateboard.

The expert hired by the Coronado Police shows Max falling over the banister, grabbing the chandelier, bouncing off the opposite railing before hitting the ground.

Shacknai says the marks on Max's back tell a different story.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2012, 05:55:19 AM »

New Information Provided by Independent Experts Refutes Accidental Death Findings of Six Year Old Max Shacknai
August 6, 2012

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/information-provided-independent-experts-refutes-223500537.html

(snip)  Dr. Bove reports, "Dr. Melinek has proposed a scenario in which Maxfield Shacknai was assaulted, which resulted in the facial and forehead injuries sustained by Maxfield Shacknai. In her scenario, as a result of this assault, Maxfield Shacknai's back contacted the railing along the second floor hallway or along the stairs leading from the second floor to the landing which caused the soft tissue injuries to his back. As a result of the assault, Maxfield Shacknai moved or was moved over the railing causing him to fall to the first floor level and as a result of his contact with the first floor he sustained his skull fracture, subgaleal contusion and cervical cord injury. The kinematics associated with this scenario provide biomechanically accurate mechanisms for all of Maxfield Shacknai's injuries and are consistent with the physical evidence and geometry of the incident scene."

"An assault scenario is the only scenario that Dr. Bove and Dr. Melinek, in collaborative consultation, could identify that accounts for the multiple planes of injuries on Max's body and the scene findings," added Hallier.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2012, 05:59:29 AM »

Independent report: Max Shacknai, 6, likely killed

Aug. 6, 2012

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/08/06/20120806report-max-shacknai-likely-killed.html

(snip)  The San Diego County Sheriff's Department classified both deaths as terrible tragedies last year. On Monday, the Coronado Police Department confirmed that they met with Dina Shacknai but couldn't say whether the department would reopen the case without first reviewing the report.

"We did meet with her and her attorneys, and we're reviewing the information she provided," said Lea Corbin, a spokeswoman for the Coronado Police Department. "At this point, we need to see what kind of information is in the report."

The Coronado Police Department previously investigated Max's death and determined it was accidental. Coronado police Cmdr. Mike Lawton said Max apparently had been running down a hallway at the top of the stairs when he went over a railing.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2012, 06:06:44 AM »

Shacknai's mom wants son's death re-examined
Aug. 6, 2012

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/aug/06/shacknais-mom-says-sons-death-possible-homicide/

(snip)  A packet of information was presented to authorities and is being reviewed, Corbin said Monday.

Shacknai’s attorney said police were given an independent investigation that Max’s mother commissioned that presents evidence that indicates her son’s death was not accidental and was likely the result of an assault.

(snip)  Bove said that Melinek proposed a scenario in which Max was assaulted, resulting in his facial and forehead injuries, with his back then contacting the stair railing.

Hallier said “an assault scenario is the only scenario that Dr. Bone and Dr. Melinek, in collaborative consultation, could identify that accounts for the multiple planes of injuries on Max’s body and the scene findings.”

However, Bove said he had "not taken a position" as to whether the incident that resulted in Max's injuries was intentional.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.