April 24, 2024, 11:51:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Debt Ceiling Billionaries - Destroying the American Dream?  (Read 2423 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 22, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »

Why aren't Obama's debt ceiling billionaires taking a hit?  He talks on TV about walking away when some folks need to do something difficult...

Why won't Obama accept a debt ceiling limit?  Living within our means?  It seems like staying on budget is the 'tough stuff'?

Obama suggested that he could make big spending cuts.  How can you make cuts if no one knows how much his administration is spending?  They have no budget to compare it to?  What are his spending cuts based on?  Spending at 10X the 2010 levels?  What is the budget?  Is a $20 billion dollar cut even relevant?

Why isn't there enough revenue to pay Social Security, veterans, and bondholders?

Where exactly is 'our' money going?  Who profits from all those interest payments?

If the Fed and Treasury don't know who they're paying/cutting checks to, why isn't that a problem for Obama? 

Who get's all the Fed's QEXXX money?  Is that money ever paid back?  Or do those getting the 'free' money never pay it back or perhaps pay it back with increasingly worthless dollars?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »

How can Obama be serious about cutting spending when no one seems to know how much he's spending on a daily basis?

Obama in his speech was concerned about all the little people 'waiting' on their government checks?  How many are waiting?  How many businesses does the government owe and how much?

What is the backlog?

Illinois had a payment backlog that stretched for years!  It took YEARS to get paid, and likely some never got paid before going out of business...

Did Obama's admin. stop payments?  Put them on say a 6 month delay?  Just keep spending, making bigger debts, and not paying the bills?  A financial shell game?

A smoke screen for spending?  Just don't pay anyone?  Maybe he's already $5 trillion in debt ceiling raises behind?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 07:17:20 PM »

We're broke.  Why isn't Obama starting the cuts, regardless of ANY deal?  Big or small?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »

Real spending cuts now!!!

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:29:28 PM »

If you're offering relevant cuts and reforms to spending, why do you need tax increases?

How much is the nation behind?  Who's already being shafted by Washington?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »

Why don't they put a camera in the negotiation room?  Let the American people see what cards are on the table?

Why doesn't Obama take the debt seriously?  Stop spending?  Stop the spending addiction? 

Stop the waste, fraud, and abuse?  The open borders/door to the welfare state?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 08:33:58 PM »

Rating Agencies and the debt...

Why isn't the DOJ investigating any conflicting interests at the rating agencies?  Aren't these the same folks that enabled the derivatives fiasco?  TARP?  COLLAPSE OF 'OUR FINANCIAL' SYSTEM?

Any conflicts?  Maybe the management worked at companies that make billions on the debt?  Individuals?  Hedge funds?

What's wrong with the rating agencies?  Exactly how do they come up with their ratings?  Do they determine a profit for lenders?  Hmm...$200 billion either by lending at low rates, and increasing the amount borrowed, or if they REFUSE to borrow more, we'll make that $200 by raising rates?

Borrow more so we can make our $200 billion or we'll raise the interest on the existing debt (say $150 billion in interest) until your interest is $200 billion or more?

What happens when we can't pay the $200 billion?

A NO WIN scenario for American taxpayers?  Future generations?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 08:36:05 PM »

Does Obama really care about the future of America?  His political career? 

Or is his only interest giving away our nation, our future, and looting the nation?

More money for foreigners?  Bankers?  Big foreign companies, banks, businesses?  Foreign workers?

When do American's some first?  Never?   It's a never ending Obama funded social justice program in which Americans are always guilty, without trial, and foreigners and special interests always win?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.