April 19, 2024, 08:58:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #631 5/30 - 5/31/2007  (Read 149396 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #480 on: May 31, 2007, 03:38:41 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "Rob"
Is it just me or is anyone thinking that this guy from the CDC infected his future son-in-law?

Well, it sure is strange that the guy worked in TB research and this young guy comes down with a rare form of the stuff.  Hmmmmmmm

Shocked  Shocked

I bet they will try to track to see where he came down with this strain - don't you?  I mean, you would think they may be able to trace back - then again, someone said it lies dormant for a while??  

Yes,  things that make you go hmmmmm.

The father-in-law of the 31-year-old man under federal quarantine with a rare and dangerous form of tuberculosis is one of the leading TB researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, FOX News has learned.

Asked by FOX News whether it was possible that he had passed along the dangerous strain to his son-in-law, Cooksey said, "Absolutely not." He added that he "works in the lab" and "is not authorized to talk about that."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,276613,00.html
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: May 31, 2007, 03:42:28 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
See, I was so upset I even made a mess quoting!  Sorry!  haha

Casa, I am not referring to you and/or Lala's.  I do also have children in the education field who are great teachers, and see the way education is going.  You know, I too, have an education degree, but have not taught in years and would not go back, because teachers are paid by degrees and double A's, etc., and some of these teachers got their degrees from colleges that would not compare with a high school that we attended back in the day.  I personally attended a master's program in such a school.  When we were being described what a thesis would entail, one of the candidates said he/she had never written a paper in their whole college career or high school and did not know where to begin. That teacher got a master's and is receiving as much pay as my child who had to do papers from junior high all the way through his master's program and beyond.  If you have not experienced such teachers, you are very fortunate, and are obviously in a top-tier school system.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »

I didn't know that!  The kid's father-in-law works in the CDC and with TB infections?  Now that is just too much of a coincidence to ignore.  Something is definitely up with that.  I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but I wasn't born yesterday.  This is just not right.  And, add to that the family went overseas for the kid's wedding.  There's some real culpability there.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2007, 03:46:26 PM »

This is described as a RARE and dangerous strain of TB.  Where would the kid pick it up?  Certainly not in his law office or on the streets.  This is very suspicious.

BRING NATALEE HOME
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: May 31, 2007, 03:50:18 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

Casa, I am not referring to you and/or Lala's.  I do also have children in the education field who are great teachers, and see the way education is going.  You know, I too, have an education degree, but have not taught in years and would not go back, because teachers are paid by degrees and double A's, etc., and some of these teachers got their degrees from colleges that would not compare with a high school that we attended back in the day.  I personally attended a master's program in such a school.  When we were being described what a thesis would entail, one of the candidates said he/she had never written a paper in their whole college career or high school and did not know where to begin. That teacher got a master's and is receiving as much pay as my child who had to do papers from junior high all the way through his master's program and beyond.  If you have not experienced such teachers, you are very fortunate, and are obviously in a top-tier school system.

What is disheartening for me is that our school district, 15 years ago was top-notch.  Now, being right off I-35 coming from Mexico, we have an incredible number of immigrants who seem to just stop in and stay a while in our town.  As the population has changed, so have the school dynamics . . . we are catering to a new socio-economic group and culture . . . our district has declined for various reasons, but many will/would say it is the above reason, primarily.  Of course, it can't be said aloud for fear of retribution.  It is all about this *sub-group*, as that is the new definition.  I apologize in advance for offending anyone.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: May 31, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »

Per Dilbart on RU

Devries doing another full show on NH case. Sunday 6/3/07.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: May 31, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
This is described as a RARE and dangerous strain of TB.  Where would the kid pick it up?  Certainly not in his law office or on the streets.  This is very suspicious.

Yes, and add to that his FIL is employed by the CDC and works with TB??????  

OF COURSE they will say there is no way the FIL spread it...What would one expect them to admit....  It is truly FISHY.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #487 on: May 31, 2007, 03:53:09 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
Per Dilbart on RU

Gee,I wonder why we haven't heard about this before now?

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: May 31, 2007, 03:54:25 PM »

Per Dilbart on RU

YIPPEE - That brought me out of lurk mode, lol  Laughing
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: May 31, 2007, 03:54:37 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "Tylergal"

What is disheartening for me is that our school district, 15 years ago was top-notch.  Now, being right off I-35 coming from Mexico, we have an incredible number of immigrants who seem to just stop in and stay a while in our town.  As the population has changed, so have the school dynamics . . . we are catering to a new socio-economic group and culture . . . our district has declined for various reasons, but many will/would say it is the above reason, primarily.  Of course, it can't be said aloud for fear of retribution.  It is all about this *sub-group*, as that is the new definition.  I apologize in advance for offending anyone.

In our area, too, it is a "protected class," the reason my DIL who had to take insult after insult from male students who were twice her size and many of whom did try to waylay her on her way to her car after school were not held to account by administration because they bring extra funding to the school system.  It's all about "bottom line."  My DIL who has a double-A and a master's had to quit and will be getting her doctorate in education so that she can teach at university or private school level to a higher level of students, out of fear of rape and the constant insults from male students who clearly stated inside the classroom and aloud, "I would like to F---- you."   When there was nothing done by administration except telling her they were just idle threats, and to ignore it, she could no longer be insulted and decided to leave their "protected" system.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »

Thank You Igsigs.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: May 31, 2007, 03:55:34 PM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
Per Dilbart on RU

I don't know GEL, but short of the KLPD actually arresting someone i think this is the best possible news.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #492 on: May 31, 2007, 03:55:56 PM »

Per Dilbart on RU

Good thing some of you are gutsy enough to read over there and keep us posted on things we may otherwise miss.

Yes, there is no doubt, the FIL had something to do with the TB guy.  Whether advertintly or not.  To BIG of a coincidence!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #493 on: May 31, 2007, 03:57:21 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Quote from: "AZLady"

Yes, and add to that his FIL is employed by the CDC and works with TB??????  

OF COURSE they will say there is no way the FIL spread it...What would one expect them to admit....  It is truly FISHY.

Kimmy, we are a group of very smart people... very little gets by us. This is a scenario that needs to be examined FIRST... it is the most likely cause of the infection.

If I worked at Jiffy Lube and there was grease and oil all over the carpet in the family room.. who would be the most likely person to have committed the act?

+++

greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: May 31, 2007, 03:58:13 PM »

Per Dilbart on RU

I don't know GEL, but short of the KLPD actually arresting someone i think this is the best possible news.

Oh yes it is great news,just wasn't expecting it. Laughing

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: May 31, 2007, 03:59:20 PM »

And DeVries is pissed. IMO
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: May 31, 2007, 04:00:28 PM »

Per Dilbart on RU

Oh, IGS,

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!

DeVries is going to fry them!

See, I told you a BLUE MOON was GOOD LUCK!

This is the BEST news I have heard since the Kalpoe inspection.

Go, DeVries!!

<-------HOT, too!

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: May 31, 2007, 04:01:29 PM »

This dangerous form spreads the same way as ordinary TB. -- when someone breathes in the germs from the air. TB germs can enter the air when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or even speaks. The germs can float for hours. TB is not spread by a handshake, sharing a glass or by kissing, the CDC says.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/conditions/05/29/xdr.tb.glance/index.html

Does this not make sense to anyone else?  I don't understand human science very well, but how can someone get TB from when an infected person coughs, but not from kissing the infected person?

BRING NATALEE HOME
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #498 on: May 31, 2007, 04:01:36 PM »

And DeVries is pissed. IMO

......could someone inform the "crack staff" at FOXNEWS about the show so they can learn something about the case?????????????

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #499 on: May 31, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »

I'm very interested as to why the Federal Authorities went after Hatfield in the Anthrax scare and contamination like nobodies business and now here is a guy that works at the CDC and they are not actively (as far as I can see yet) investigation this Cooksey guy..

For the record.. the FBI knows it was Mohammed Atta that spread the Anthrax.

+++

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.