April 26, 2024, 12:34:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #631 5/30 - 5/31/2007  (Read 149489 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #720 on: May 31, 2007, 07:53:03 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Quote from: "sandy leiva"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
SANDY, P.S.

thank you for the translation.  Wonder if it is being sold to Hugo.

Aruba needs to watch thier back or hugo is gonna swallow them up-- no more aruba !

If they didn't have the refinery in Aruba, there would be no legal reasons for them to deal with Chavez  Twisted Evil  I think they're afraid, hence they want to to do away with Valero  IMO

Since when has either Hugo or Aruba ever needed a "legal" reason to do anything. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: May 31, 2007, 07:55:41 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
Quote from: "Buckeye"
My question.
Why initially, did PVDS think the K2 needed seperate attornies?

K2 unified is a threat to Joran. It was inevitable that the Ks would become a single entity but any delay towards that end and confusion/missteps getting there benefited the Sloots.

I believe initally the judge ruled that they would each need their own attorney and could not be represented by the same one.  I don't remember all the details of that, but it was a judical decision.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: May 31, 2007, 08:03:13 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
“A unredacted and unedited copy of the statement signed by Satish Kalpoe dated May 31, 2005, to officials of Aruba.”

*Unredacted and unedited* a curious add-on. I don't recall that wording being attached to the other PV requests?

Does unredacted mean not blocked out as in sensitive information?

igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: May 31, 2007, 08:04:07 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
I believe initally the judge ruled that they would each need their own attorney and could not be represented by the same one.  I don't remember all the details of that, but it was a judical decision.

Sounds about right. The SGs started out with the same attorney and the judge nixed that. Right around the same time Paulus gave Nadira a *list* of lawyers.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #724 on: May 31, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »

re·dact [ ri dákt ] (past and past participle re·dact·ed, present participle re·dact·ing, 3rd person present singular re·dacts)

transitive verb  

Definition:

1. edit something: to edit or revise something in preparation for publication
formerly classified documents that were redacted before release to protect still confidential material

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #725 on: May 31, 2007, 08:07:25 PM »

ok, take the test and post your score.  I got a 32

http://franz.org/quiz.htm
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: May 31, 2007, 08:08:18 PM »

Sounds about right. The SGs started out with the same attorney and the judge nixed that. Right around the same time Paulus gave Nadira a *list* of lawyers.

I may be thinking of the security guards then, I know one or the other was ordered to have separate attorneys.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: May 31, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

make sure you look your score up on the scale at the bottom of the page
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #728 on: May 31, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »

I scored 14 - right there alongside Bill Clinton's 15.

I apologize, Blah, because I know that's going to make you be unhappy with me. I will confess now:

My name is BT; I am a tree hugger; I eat mainly vegetarian food; I don't really like guns of any kind; I adore all animals; I think the public good is more important than the good of the individual.

Sowwy, Blah.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: May 31, 2007, 08:16:25 PM »

I am 28

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: May 31, 2007, 08:17:04 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

I apologize, Blah, because I know that's going to make you be unhappy with me. I will confess now:

My name is BT; I am a tree hugger; I eat mainly vegetarian food; I don't really like guns of any kind; I adore all animals; I think the public good is more important than the good of the individual.

Sowwy, Blah.  Sad

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Hey, so long as you are right of Hillary, we are cool!!!

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: May 31, 2007, 08:19:16 PM »

Sowwy, Blah.  Sad

Hey, so long as you are right of Hillary, we are cool!!!

Phew! Thank you for your tolerance. I'm gonna go hug a tree in your honor!  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: May 31, 2007, 08:22:20 PM »

Sowwy, Blah.  Sad

I'm sorry BT, but you are going to have to move to San Francisco.   Razz
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: May 31, 2007, 08:25:02 PM »

Sowwy, Blah.  Sad

Well, that will give me a chance this summer to wear my winter coat. I didn't get to wear here all winter long.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: May 31, 2007, 08:25:15 PM »

I'm disappointed. I only scored a 38, I am supposed to be less conservative than Ronald Reagan but I am really more so.  Wink

I think the term limits thing gets me on some of those. I feel like when we get a good one in there we should keep him in as long as we can.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #735 on: May 31, 2007, 08:28:54 PM »

Sowwy, Blah.  Sad

Laughing  Laughing
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: May 31, 2007, 08:30:27 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
My question.
Why initially, did PVDS think the K2 needed seperate attornies?

K2 unified is a threat to Joran. It was inevitable that the Ks would become a single entity but any delay towards that end and confusion/missteps getting there benefited the Sloots.

ARUBAN LAW - VARIOUS INTERPRETATIONS

Security Guards - Separate Attorneys

Chris Lejuez
NANCY GRACE
June 17, 2005

LEJUEZ: I have been the defense attorney for both of them for the last two days. But as of tomorrow, I will be only for one of them, because apparently there will be a conflict of interest in defending them both. This has been told to me by the public prosecutor, so I will be resigning from one of the cases. I have no evidence yet that, that is the case, but I do take her word for it.

Geoffrey van Cromvoirt/Steve Croes - Same Attorney

John Q. Kelly
On the Record w/ Greta
April 19, 2006

VAN SUSTEREN: John, what I heard a little bit earlier today from someone I spoke to in Aruba is that the lawyer for "G.V.C." is also the lawyer — it's a woman — who represented Steve Croes, who is the man who came forward with the false alibi to the police which supported lie number one of Deepak, Satish and Joran.  Do you know anything about the lawyer representing both Steve Croes and now "G.V.C."?

KELLY: I know that's the situation. It's a woman, and that is the person who represented Croes and would be representing this individual now. And actually, Ms. Janssen, when I talked to her today, she was just getting ready to turn over the dossier to "G.V.C.'s" attorney for review before they did go into court.

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, Steve Croes, John — it was sort of a curious thing. He came forward seemingly out of the blue and said that he witnessed Deepak, Satish and Joran dropping Natalee off at the Holiday Inn and stumbling, and then two security guards coming up. That was a complete lie that he sort of volunteered, went to the police. He was taken into custody. He was then released. Is he free and clear of all of this, or is he still somewhat in the mix?

John Q. Kelly
On the Record w/ Greta
April 19, 2006

VAN SUSTEREN: Then it's bizarre that this lawyer would represent both Steve Croes and GVC because at least here in the United States, I think most lawyers would say that there is a potential for conflict of interest and a lawyer shouldn't be representing both.

KELLY: I think that's right ......

Beth Twitty - Connect the Dots

Beth Twitty
On the Record w/ Greta
April 18, 2006

TWITTY: ......And when I think of Joran van der Sloot and when I think of Steven Croes and I think of this new suspect ( and the lies that were coming out early, very early, the moment we arrived on the island, if we find out that these three suspects are acquaintances or know each other — somebody needs to connect the dots. I mean, there certainly is a reason why Steven Croes came forward early on and stated, lied to the authorities that he had seen the two security guards taking Natalee. You know, people don't just do that for no reason, Greta. Somebody needs to connect the dots on those three, if they know each other.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: May 31, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »

Sowwy, Blah.  Sad

I am not far behind ....I scored a 12.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #738 on: May 31, 2007, 08:34:03 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"

Sowwy, Blah.  Sad

I am not far behind ....I scored a 12.

dang SB, we are about to get overrun here, where are all the rightys????
 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: May 31, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »

Well I scored 20, so I guess that means I should stay here in Australia  Laughing

Good Day, Monkeys.  It was cold this morning, with a light frost and some light snow forecast for our highlands.  A good start to the 1 June which is officially winter.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.