April 24, 2024, 06:24:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #631 5/30 - 5/31/2007  (Read 149467 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: May 31, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
Debbie at BFN has babblefished the MF article on the *DeVries* thread.

Could y'all bring that over. TIA Laughing

I think that's the old article right after Joran's book came out.  It's been translated before, I think by someone at RU.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #861 on: May 31, 2007, 09:46:12 PM »

Het was gisteren precies twee jaar geleden dat de 18-jarige Amerikaanse studente Natalee Holloway verdween. Het strafrechtelijk onderzoek is nog in volle gang. “Het belang van het ophelderen van een waarschijnlijk gepleegd misdrijf weegt op tegen het nadeel dat een verdachte ondervindt van de onzekere uitkomst van nog te verrichten opsporingsonderzoek”, aldus het Openbaar Ministerie (OM).
De hoofdverdachte in de zaak, Joran van der Sloot, zei eind april naar aanleiding van het verschijnen van zijn boek dat in mei bekend wordt of het onderzoek wordt gesloten, omdat de gebruikelijke duur bij strafzaken twee jaar is. Het OM laat weten dat het uitgangspunt bij strafzaken in Eerste Aanleg inderdaad is dat behandeling en vonnis plaatsvinden binnen twee jaar nadat de ‘redelijke termijn’ is begonnen.

Die redelijke termijn begint op het moment dat een verdachte redelijkerwijze kan aannemen dat hij vervolgd zal worden. Dit is niet vastgelegd in een specifieke regel, maar het begin van de redelijke termijn kan zijn wanneer de verdachte in verzekering wordt gesteld of wanneer een gerechtelijk vooronderzoek tegen de verdachte wordt geopend. “Beide mogelijkheden hebben zich in deze strafzaak voorgedaan”, aldus het OM. Van der Sloot is op 9 juni 2005 in verzekering gesteld.

In principe zou het onderzoek naar en de behandeling van de zaak tegen hem op deze datum moeten zijn afgerond. Maar volgens het OM zijn er omstandigheden waardoor de duur van strafzaken meer dan twee jaar kan bedragen, “zonder dat gezegd kan worden dat die duur onredelijk lang is”. Omstandigheden zijn de ingewikkeldheid van de zaak, de invloed van de verdachte en/of zijn raadsman op het procesverloop en de wijze waarop de zaak door de bevoegde autoriteiten is behandeld.

VERJARING

De redelijke termijn voor het onderzoek en de afhandeling van de strafzaak begint volgens OM dus niet te lopen op de dag van het delict. Wel begint een dag na de datum waarop een ‘vermoedelijk strafbaar feit’ is gepleegd de verjaringstermijn.

Het ministerie benadrukt dat deze twee termijnen duidelijk van elkaar gescheiden moeten worden. Voor een levensdelict is de verjaringtermijn overigens twaalf jaar en voor moord achttien jaar. “Als het in februari voorgestelde nieuwe Arubaanse Wetboek van Strafrecht wordt ingevoerd, zal moord bovendien nimmer verjaren.” Vanaf dat moment zal een verdachte van moord kunnen worden vervolgd, ook als de verdachte al een aantal jaren onderwerp van opsporing en vervolging is geweest.”, aldus het OM.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #862 on: May 31, 2007, 09:46:17 PM »

Well copy and paste whatever it is MF posted.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #863 on: May 31, 2007, 09:46:32 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
oh Mrs I agree we can do it, the issue is within having a custom fit for the cooler to surround the package of cupcakes but OF is going to ensure I figure this out  Laughing

I have no idea how it works... but there is a bakery in Marietta GA called Gaberial's that does it... maybe they would share their secret??? If it's still open... it was like 8 years ago....

oh I've located suppliers, that's not an issue, it's that the cost for custom set-up's to heat press a foam surround are so high - most quotes to date have been several thousand dollars ? Again it's the start-up expense for once you've achieved that, the cost levels out.

I continue to stand with the girl.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #864 on: May 31, 2007, 09:46:35 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Life lesson #25

If your daughter asks you to look at her laptop and figure out why it's running so slow...leave it be.  Especially if it has Vista installed.  If mother of said daighter touches laptop and attempts to turn on the firewall and run the virus program said computer will immediately writhe in agony and flop around having a hissy fit ultimately crashing.  This in turn will result in all manner of tears from said daughter and a screaming match between mother and child until the computer people are consulted and the entire thing recovered and things are back to normal.   Rolling Eyes

It really is a said thing when it happens.......I behave much like your daughters computer(writhe in agony and flop around having a hissy ).

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #865 on: May 31, 2007, 09:47:28 PM »

Rough Translation:

t had been suffered yesterday exact two years that the 18 person whose birthday it is American studente Natalee Holloway disappeared. The criminal research is still in full pace. "the importance of clearing up a probably committed indictable offence evens out the disadvantage which experiences a verdachte of the uncertain outcome of still to perform detection research", thus the Public Prosecution Service (OM). The head hoofdverdachte in the matter, Joran of of the ditch, said to by the end of April as a result of appearing its book that in May is confessed or the research is closed, because the usual duration is at criminal matters two years. Public Prosecution Service lets know that the main point is at criminal matters in first construction indeed that treatment and sentence take place within two years after the ` reasonable period have started. That reasonable period starts the moment a verdachte can adopt reasonably that he will be continued. This it has not been laid down in a specific rule, but the beginning of the reasonable period can be when the verdachte in insurance is put or when a judicial preliminary analysis is opened against the verdachte. "both possibilities have occurred in this criminal matter", thus it Public Prosecution Service. Of of the ditch on 9 June 2005 in insurance it has been put. In principle it research nasty and the treatment of the matter against him on this date must be wound up. But according to Public Prosecution Service is there circumstances as a result of which the duration of criminal matters more than two years can amount to, "without said can become that that duration is unreasonably long". Circumstances are the ingewikkeldheid of the matter, the influence of suspected and/or are Council man on process course and the way in which the matter has been treated by the competent authorities. LIMITATION The reasonable period for the research and the settlement of the criminal matter does not start run according to Public Prosecution Service therefore on the day of the offence. However, a day after the date starts on which ` supposedly indictable offence have been committed the limitation period. The ministry emphasises that these two periods must become clearly of each other separated. For a life offence the limitation period moreover twelve years are and for assassination eighteen years. "if it is introduced new arubaanse statute book of criminal law, presented in February, assassination will become prescribed moreover never." As from that moment a verdachte of assassination is able be continued, also if the verdachte already a number of years subject of detection and prosecution has been, thus it Public Prosecution Service.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #866 on: May 31, 2007, 09:47:56 PM »

oh Mrs I agree we can do it, the issue is within having a custom fit for the cooler to surround the package of cupcakes but OF is going to ensure I figure this out  Laughing

I have no idea how it works... but there is a bakery in Marietta GA called Gaberial's that does it... maybe they would share their secret??? If it's still open... it was like 8 years ago....

oh I've located suppliers, that's not an issue, it's that the cost for custom set-up's to heat press a foam surround are so high - most quotes to date have been several thousand dollars ? Again it's the start-up expense for once you've achieved that, the cost levels out.

no... actually they just put it in a tin and fed exed... worked... i was speaking more to the shipping... you probably are too and I just don't realize it... LOL

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #867 on: May 31, 2007, 09:48:04 PM »

Styrofoam and duct tape ~15 bucks at your local hardware store.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #868 on: May 31, 2007, 09:48:10 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Life lesson #25

If your daughter asks you to look at her laptop and figure out why it's running so slow...leave it be.  Especially if it has Vista installed.  If mother of said daighter touches laptop and attempts to turn on the firewall and run the virus program said computer will immediately writhe in agony and flop around having a hissy fit ultimately crashing.  This in turn will result in all manner of tears from said daughter and a screaming match between mother and child until the computer people are consulted and the entire thing recovered and things are back to normal.   Rolling Eyes

It really is a said thing when it happens.......I behave much like your daughters computer(writhe in agony and flop around having a hissy ).

I just yell "Simooooonnnnnnn." It's handy having your own computer geek living in the house with you.  Wink  Cool

I Stand With The Girl
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #869 on: May 31, 2007, 09:49:44 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
I don't read anything new in the translation of the article. Did I miss something?

No. I am talking about a release from the prosecuter's office. That has yet to be posted here.

Oh, I thought it was the above article and bablefish translation that was in question(now several pages back) thanks for clearing that up for me.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #870 on: May 31, 2007, 09:50:18 PM »

thanks for that easy !

mrs and blah, I guess I should just not worry about the packaging and ship those cupcakes  Laughing it's just if you check around few do ship cakes and cupcakes - honest I'm not lying  Laughing

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #871 on: May 31, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »

.....after 2 years, I still chuckle at "people of the ditch"!  

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #872 on: May 31, 2007, 09:52:23 PM »

Did You guys see this

MF
Mana:    
    Posted: Fri Jun 1st, 2007 12:16 am   
    Quote           Reply   
windy city wrote: Hi MF.  How's it going?  So de Vries isn't doing a show about Natalee this weekend?

Yes, de Vries will be doing an hour show on BVN this weekend, he will show the images and videos where proves that Natalee was killed and put into a plastic bag.

He will also show new PV's where he discloses how much money the MB kids spent on puntje, and who was responsible to get them.

He will also touch the fact that Jan v/d Straatten was too connected to some  media person and how sensitive infomormation leaked.

http://www.freedomofblog.com/forum29/4804.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #873 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:22 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
AZSunny-

If only we had some seed money to help develop packaging, nothing would make me happier than to be shipping cookies and cupcakes far and wide  Laughing I am working on it though, just filed a business plan with the SBA  Wink

Yea,  and you know I would pay for the "experiment" don't you?

you're all too cute and too sweet, we'll get this figured out. I promise to work on some freezing/thawing this weekend for we use fillings inside like flavored creams, lemon curd, ganache.......so I want to see how effective that is at insulating it too?

lots to do !!

Maybe we should wait for next winter then, it is over 100 here now and just warming up!  I don't think creams and lemon curd could handle that!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #874 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:23 PM »

thanks for that easy !

mrs and blah, I guess I should just not worry about the packaging and ship those cupcakes  Laughing it's just if you check around few do ship cakes and cupcakes - honest I'm not lying  Laughing

None - I saw something interesting at our local mall over the weekend. Someone who does the kind of specialty baking you do has rented one of those counters that sit out in the middle of the mall. In the glass case they have (what I presume to be fake) examples of the kinds of things they bake. Then on top of the counter they have flyers, business cards, etc. That's all they had - no one staffing the counter. A lot of people were stopping and picking up the flyers. It's an interesting concept if you and daughter ever want to move in that direction.

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #875 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:30 PM »

Lala's if I were you I'd blame it all on Bill Gates  Laughing I'm still having a dickens of a time with Linksys over this hot rocking new expensive wireless router that resembles a drop through a straw and finally tech support admitted to me that they pushed the new iteration out knowing it couldn't perform to standards.

it is the way it's done now  Rolling Eyes

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:50 PM »

thanks for that easy !

I dont see any reason to get fancy with some box to ship stuff in.  You could prolly put something together for a couple dollars.  There has to be shipping and receiving stores online you can buy packaging materials real cheap from  I had a honey baked ham shipped from out of state in a styrofoam container that seemed VERY durable.
Miss-Underestimated
Scared Monkey

« Reply #877 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:53 PM »

HI everyone....Maybe I am doing something wrong, which seems on an hourly basis, but everything I try to load and avatar, it tells me its too big.
Is there another forum for help?

no more perfume for the pigs
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #878 on: May 31, 2007, 09:54:16 PM »

thanks for that easy !

maybe Gabriel's would explain how they do it....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #879 on: May 31, 2007, 09:54:44 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Life lesson #25

I just yell "Simooooonnnnnnn." It's handy having your own computer geek living in the house with you.  Wink  Cool

Next time I intend to yell for Simon too.  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.