April 30, 2024, 02:30:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #632 5/31 - 6/1/2007  (Read 144599 times)
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: June 01, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »

Americans who have crimes committed against them in foreign countries should be able to move legally against the criminals in American courts. MAKE IT SO. If it takes a Constitutional amendment to do it, so be it. "International law" can take a long walk off a short pier. I don't care what the UN or the Hague or ANYONE else in the world says, we Americans have got to FIGHT these perps!

What is it now, OPEN SEASON on American tourists abroad? Maybe Americans should just BOYCOTT EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: June 01, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Rob"
Did Nadira Kalpoe change her name to Kemwattie Ramirez?

and whether or not she changed her name or not, why would anyone believe a word she says? Big People lie Too!!!!

Did anyone even enter that statement?

Rob, her name is probably:

Nadira Kemwattie Bigpeoplelie Kalpoe Ramirez

That is best laugh I had today thank you

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: June 01, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "IndyDan"
I got an email from Richard saying the case against the Kalpoes got thrown out today -- is that true??

Yep, it is true.  Makes me kind of wonder.  In the beginning I thought JQK had some type of solid foundation in bringing both of the civil suits, but it is kind of starting to look like a shot in the dark.

Seems to me they should tell the friggin' Kalpoes to go get screwed and  sue Dr. Phil in the Aruba courts.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: June 01, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »

Has everyone seen this regarding the NJ high school girl that died (murdered) on a trip to Ghana to deliver school supplies with her class?  They say on one of the tv stations that the FBI is now involved.  She was found in a swimming pool the next morning, but she had been put there just before discovery.  

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5336004

very sad.  i may be late on this, i usually am.  Embarassed

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: June 01, 2007, 09:17:44 PM »

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
Hi Monkeys.

I thought the Kalpoe suit that was dismissed today was only filed in response to the Kalpoes suing Dr. Phil which created the "nexus" for Beth/Dave to "sue back".     Is that correct?  If so, could it have just been bad timing that this suit was heard before the Dr. Phil suit?

Joran's interview is a real eye-opener to me.  Pictures of naked girls on his wall?  Language like "laughing" about the latest developments.  I'm not a prude...but he's not a normal college student either.  You'd think he would have thought about taking the posters down during the interview, given the scrutiny he remains under.  Arrogance run amok.

Hi Annie!

I'm threads and pages behind so I'm scatting through the threads quickly -- and of course that interview slowed me down Twisted Evil

When I saw the pic that klaas posted with the interview, I thought my eyes were going to pop out.

A gym bag in the background with sneakers sticking out Question

Joran, trust me -- whoever's nose you think you're flaunting this under is gonna get real tired of you real soon.

Can't wait Very Happy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #505 on: June 01, 2007, 09:18:44 PM »

There is a movie on Hallmark called Pandemic.  About a guy that got sick while on a commercial flight and they have quarantined everyone.  What amazing timing for such a movie!   Shocked
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #506 on: June 01, 2007, 09:20:02 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Americans who have crimes committed against them in foreign countries should be able to move legally against the criminals in American courts. MAKE IT SO. If it takes a Constitutional amendment to do it, so be it. "International law" can take a long walk off a short pier. I don't care what the UN or the Hague or ANYONE else in the world says, we Americans have got to FIGHT these perps!

What is it now, OPEN SEASON on American tourists abroad? Maybe Americans should just BOYCOTT EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Absolutely!  I think most people don't realize that nothing can be done, until it happens to them.   I will never go on a cruise ship or Aruba.  There are also a number of other countries I would never set foot in.  I would rather spend my money in the USA
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #507 on: June 01, 2007, 09:21:26 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
I got an email from Richard saying the case against the Kalpoes got thrown out today -- is that true??

Yep, it is true.  Makes me kind of wonder.  In the beginning I thought JQK had some type of solid foundation in bringing both of the civil suits, but it is kind of starting to look like a shot in the dark.

Seems to me they should tell the friggin' Kalpoes to go get screwed and  sue Dr. Phil in the Aruba courts.

That's really where the alleged crime was committed. Wonder if Phil was ever to Aruba? All they did was broadcast the TV show from California... also, couldn't the location of the crime really be in my living room since that's where the actual defamation occurred?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #508 on: June 01, 2007, 09:22:32 PM »

There is a movie on Hallmark called Pandemic.  About a guy that got sick while on a commercial flight and they have quarantined everyone.  What amazing timing for such a movie!   Shocked

they have a show on tap for every modern day problem.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #509 on: June 01, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »

I think this should be on the front page.  Would love to know what the people from the Netherlands think about this!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: June 01, 2007, 09:24:40 PM »

That's really where the alleged crime was committed. Wonder if Phil was ever to Aruba? All they did was broadcast the TV show from California... also, couldn't the location of the crime really be in my living room since that's where the actual defamation occurred?

I think you both make a good point!  And, the lawyers have a damn good point about applying Dutch law in a U.S. Court!  Turn over the files, or make your claim in Aruba is the way I see it.
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #511 on: June 01, 2007, 09:26:17 PM »

Jon at Scrux got a copy of Lazlo's translation of the Panorama article before it was deleted at RU.  Here it is:

Joran's interview with Panorama magazine in the NL:

Suspect Joran van der Sloot about Natalee Holloway: "I thought fok that bitch".

Two years ago the 18 year old Natalee Holloway disappeared on Aruba. In the middle of the night she went away with Joran van der Sloot en did not return.

Panorama visited him!

The luxaflex from Joran's house are closed, but he is there. Not shaved-he has prepared for his exam untill late at night- he opens the door.
There are no plants, but playmates are decorating the room (pic of Joran sitting under two pics of naked woman).
We take a seat on garden chairs on a third-hand dinner table and drink cola.
Joran (19) studies International Buisiness Management on the Hogeschool Arnhem.
Prior to that he lived his whole life on Aruba.
When the tall, muscled guy talks about the sunny island his dark eyes are twinkling. It is understandable a naief girl from Alabama, like Natalee Holloway would get into the car with him in the middle of the night. What did he think of her?
"Better if I don't say that". A second later he does say it: "Easy". An American tourist like many he had prior. In his recently published book 'De zaak Natalee Holloway' Joran tells to extend about picking up young tourists. He dedicades 350 pages, very detailled-almost boring-about his life.
For example how lying is a second nature to him. How he lied since young age to his parents, teatchers and girlfriends. And how he after the disappearance of Natalee strongly lies to the entire world, including the parents of the missing girl and the police. That is why the police was on a dead lead for more then a week, and he and his friends had the time to clean up possible traces en making their stories match.

(I will now just translate merely questions and answers)
Actually, this , but the picture is interesting and telling. What a POS he is.  Hope his mama is proud of him now.  They make me sick
Interviewer: If you lied your entire life, why do people have to believe you now?
Joran: That is not necaissairy. Everybody lies at times. It is not something I am proud of.
Interviewer: What happened during the hours you was with Natalee?
Joran: I wrote that in the book, I do not want to tell it again.
Interviewer: But that is what it is about isn't it? You were the one who was last seen with her.
Joran: I have told it already ten times. I do not like talking about that again. I don't have to I think.
Interviewer: In what kind of state was Natalee that night?
Joran: You cannot ask me that, who am I to judge about that?
Interviewer: Was she drunk?
Joran: That is not a normal question. How would I know. I was not with her the entire night when she was drinking.
Interviewer: She fell asleep that night right?
Joran: No she did not fall asleep. She was out for a little while, I had that happening to myself also at a times. Things are twisted in such a way that it seems as if she was alseep. So I don't know what you mean by that.
Interviewer: I have read that.
Joran: I mean she was not asleep. Maybe two seconds.
(Interviewer writes his thoughts: hmz, Joran tells the police on June 13 2005: I am lying down for 10 minutes next to Natalee thinking, while she sleeps. page 159)
Interviewer: Was she unconscious?
Joran: No.
(Interviewer: Joran's best friend Freddy states on June 12 to the police that Joran had told him about the trip with Natalee, "the girl fell down several times on the way to the beach. Joran told me that at a certain moment the girl remained passed out and that they had left her on the beach./snippped/ especially since the phone call lasted 8 minutes)
Interviewer: I ask Joran what he talked about.
Joran lights a cigaret: What is there to tell if I only said that? I do not recall. I do not have an explanation for that.
Interviewer: You wanted to get rid of the girl, and that phonecall took place behind the Fisherman's Huts?
Joran: I went to stand there out of the wind. You cannot hear anything when you are in the wind. There was a lot of wind that night. I do recall that when the police started to talk about that phonecall.
Interviewer: Did you ask her to come with you?
Joran: I picked her up, that was just kidding.
Interviewer: It remains a strange story.
Joran: It is. I just should have taken her with me, but the intention was to leave fast.
Interviewer: Why were you in such a hurry?
Joran: To diss (get rid of her) her a little, because she wanted me to stay there with her. I thought on that moment in all honesty: fok you.
If I would have wanted to pick up the shoes, I would have to walk passing her.
When I was in the car I thought: fok that bitch. Fok those shoes, anyway.
Interviewer: Natalee was still on the beach?
Joran: It is disturbing now, but that is the way it went.
Interviewer: Disturbing.
Joran: Yes, it is disturbing that I have to tell all this. It of course is not something to be proud of when you leave a girl behind like that. That is one of the reasons I lied. I do not think I lied without a reason or something like that.
Interviewer: Why did you not tell the truth right away, like it is now in your book?
Joran: That is also because of the police. Every time I tell something, I just have to make one slip of the tongue and they are screwing me again. I thought at a certain moment: I am not going to cooperate one centimeter. f*** you. If you think I did something then go prove it. I know I did nothing. So I was basically just thinking about myself.
Interviewer: Did you think about Natalee's parents during that period?
Joran: No.
Interviewer: Why not?
Joran: I did nothing wrong. I feel bad because I left her at the beach. that for sure. But I do not feel sorry for her parents one bit. What they did was worse then what I did.
Interviewer: Because they called for a boycot Aruba?
Joran: Of course! That is insane!
Interviewer The police did an unannounced search at your parents home.
Joran: Someone had some gossip story, that she was in the well at our home. So they came to our house. They have looked if she was burried under the cement of the swimmingpool that has been there for four years.
Interviewer: The entire garden has been digged up.
Joran: Yes, my father and me have laughed about it. When I heard it I called my father. He just got home. He was laughing also. He told me that they had a search warrant to look for her. He allowed them to search the entire house. One can only laugh about that. I told my father: tell the investigators Joran send his greetings. But he did not think that was funny.
Interviewer: What is the biggest misconception that excists about you?
Joran: The US media have called me a murderer. But who I find worse is Peter R. de Vries. For him I had a bucket with water ready. When he was here and wanted to talk to me I ran upstairs, I thought I am going to pull the water over him and his babycamera's.
Interviewer (first mentioned the photshopped pic) : But you made that pic as a joke?
Joran: No, that is not true. I do not want to go into that I do take fault for that a little. I knew about it.
Interviewer: Is it not somewhat morbid to have someone make such a picture?
Joran: I do not want to go into that.
Interviewer: Why not?
Joran: Normally. It was not intended as sick humor.
Interviewer (I want to know why he wrote the book)
Joran: For me, I wanted to write it of me to be able to leave it behind.
Interviewer: You purely did it to be able to coope with it?
Joran: Why else would I do it?
Interviewer: To talk yourself out of it.
Joran: For whom would I have to talk myself out of it? That is the last thing that I would need to do.
Interviewer: How much money did you make with it?
Joran: That is none of your business.
Don't you think it is wrong that you are earning money on the disappereance of Natalee?
Joran: What a shit question that is.

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: June 01, 2007, 09:27:09 PM »

That's the first I have heard of that case AZSunny. It will be a problem too. For very DIFFERENT reasons.

Just from looking at that page quickly, I can see where that will go. They will try to pin it on American chaperones and the Ghana folks will get a free pass. Just like in Aruba. They will try to blame the Ugly Americans. The FBI will be stonewalled. Being that an African nation is involved, they will play the race card. The media will treat them with kid gloves.

And another grieving family will be denied Justice. For their child who went there to HELP those people, no less.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: June 01, 2007, 09:27:26 PM »

Fok die Joran and the horse he rode in on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Evil or Very Mad
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #514 on: June 01, 2007, 09:30:23 PM »

Fok die Joran and the horse he rode in on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Evil or Very Mad

I Stand With The Girl
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: June 01, 2007, 09:33:19 PM »

He has the "Desaparecida" poster on his wall?

(On the same wall with the ... ahem ... pinups.)

Grotesque.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #516 on: June 01, 2007, 09:35:07 PM »

Cuts both ways. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. They should tell the Kalpoes to take a hike and go deal with that rats' nest of scumbag bunch of Dutch judges in Aruba.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: June 01, 2007, 09:35:23 PM »

sirensong - I've sent all that to RED and suggested a front page post.  Hopefully Red will do that.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: June 01, 2007, 09:36:05 PM »

Joran: I picked her up, that was just kidding.

TILT

TILT

TILT

WARNING -SUPER BUNCH OF BULL CRAP

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: June 01, 2007, 09:36:32 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
He has the "Desaparecida" poster on his wall?

(On the same wall with the ... ahem ... pinups.)

Grotesque.

I don't think that poster of Natalee is really on his wall, I think the magazine editor added that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.