April 25, 2024, 02:21:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #501 7/24 - 7/26/2006  (Read 161304 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: July 25, 2006, 03:23:27 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Quote from: "MeMere"
Good Afternoon Monks!  Sorry but this is totally OT

How can someone steal your screen name and send out emails under your screen name???

Sunny...did you send one yesterday or did someone use your name?

I got a reply from someone I WOULD NEVER had sent an email to....????

Did you send a picture yesterday?

airplane yes....this was a reply to an email I didn't send the email but it sure looked like I did Shocked ....I ran my virus scan and spybot....and I have a firewall....I am totally confused!

You may have been on a forwarded list... or someone forwarded your email and the person replied to all....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: July 25, 2006, 03:25:36 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

How can someone steal your screen name and send out emails under your screen name???

The can figure out your password... that's why it is important to change your password from site to site... and make it difficult...

that's my guess anyway...

OK....well I am off to change my password.....actually it's kinda funny Very Happy .....but it was very, very strange...... Shocked

Wanted to assure Mere and everyone else...no viruses or anything.....jsut a strange happening.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #442 on: July 25, 2006, 03:28:04 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

The can figure out your password... that's why it is important to change your password from site to site... and make it difficult...

that's my guess anyway...

OK....well I am off to change my password.....actually it's kinda funny Very Happy .....but it was very, very strange...... Shocked

Wanted to assure Mere and everyone else...no viruses or anything.....jsut a strange happening.

then I bet you that someone forwarded your original email and the person just hit reply all....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: July 25, 2006, 03:30:57 PM »

Sunny - MTWS cannot be copied, duplicated or mass produced!  MTWS is unique!

Laughing

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2006, 03:33:53 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"

Laughing

Yes she IS!!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: July 25, 2006, 03:34:46 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"

Laughing

AAAwwwww FM you are too sweet...but I think the mystery might now be solved. Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: July 25, 2006, 03:35:30 PM »

If I click on Sunny's profile...then her e-mail....her address comes up on a blank letter....I don't think we could do that before....if we wanted to e-mail klaas for example...I think the address did not show up...and if she did not respond, we would not know what her address was....am I forgetting how this is done...?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: July 25, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »

Where did Terry go????????????????

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: July 25, 2006, 03:46:18 PM »

If I click on Sunny's profile...then her e-mail....her address comes up on a blank letter....I don't think we could do that before....if we wanted to e-mail klaas for example...I think the address did not show up...and if she did not respond, we would not know what her address was....am I forgetting how this is done...?

I am not sure MeMere when I get emails from my profile, I can always see the address I reply to.... but you have to send me and email first...

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: July 25, 2006, 03:47:27 PM »

Hello all you beautiful & handsome monkeys.

I'm still having connectivity problems with AOL.  Grrrrrr.  Have I missed anything important.

IMO, if they ever let a sexual predator out of prison, they need to microchip him with GPS, put a monitor on his ankle, and chemically castrate him.  He would need to go everyday to a clinic to receive his medicine and if he didn't show for even one day, he would be tracked with the GPS, arrested and receive life without parole.  

We already have prison overcrowding, but it costs big bucks to execute a prisoner b/c of all the appeals processes which take so dang long.  Then we have all these ACLU's screaming for prisoners rights. They need to streamline the appeals process and put murders to death within 2 years max from conviction.

Sometimes though, a prisoner can be innocent.  We had a man here in prison for 24 years for a rape he didn't commit. He was finally freed last fall.  If the prisoner is really innocent, then he would go everyday to the clinic for the chemical castration b/c he would not want to go back to prison.  Then he can try to prove himself innocent on his own dollar.

I also think that the prisoners should be made to work on a chain gang type of labor and send all the money they earn to the victim.  They also need to stop coddling our prisoners.  Take away their airconditioning, TV, canteen, cigarettes, computers, etc.

I'm sorry, but I am hardline.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: July 25, 2006, 03:48:26 PM »

It has been ages since I sent an email through a profile.....but I just took mine out of my profile..... Shocked just in case.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Hello all you beautiful & handsome monkeys.

I'm still having connectivity problems with AOL.  Grrrrrr.  Have I missed anything important.

IMO, if they ever let a sexual predator out of prison, they need to microchip him with GPS, put a monitor on his ankle, and chemically castrate him.  He would need to go everyday to a clinic to receive his medicine and if he didn't show for even one day, he would be tracked with the GPS, arrested and receive life without parole.  

We already have prison overcrowding, but it costs big bucks to execute a prisoner b/c of all the appeals processes which take so dang long.  Then we have all these ACLU's screaming for prisoners rights. They need to streamline the appeals process and put murders to death within 2 years max from conviction.

Sometimes though, a prisoner can be innocent.  We had a man here in prison for 24 years for a rape he didn't commit. He was finally freed last fall.  If the prisoner is really innocent, then he would go everyday to the clinic for the chemical castration b/c he would not want to go back to prison.  Then he can try to prove himself innocent on his own dollar.

I also think that the prisoners should be made to work on a chain gang type of labor and send all the money they earn to the victim.  They also need to stop coddling our prisoners.  Take away their airconditioning, TV, canteen, cigarettes, computers, etc.

I'm sorry, but I am hardline.

sunfreak I am in total agreement with you....I think the prison syste should take a clue from Sheriff Joe Arpaio in AZ....I have a friend who's son was sent there for drugs.....he spent 10 months there and is now graduating from college...that 10 months turned his life around....he know one thing for sure when he got outta there...he would never do anything that might put him back there

Rest in Peace Caylee

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: July 25, 2006, 04:04:36 PM »

My short term memory is the pits....does anyone remember....if you went to a profile and the person had the "e-mail" notation......you would click on it....then there was a subject line and a message body space...you wrote in each and clicked submit....just like a post but a different size....I liked that because it seemed so safe....anyone coming in could write you but not know your e-mail address unless you gave it to them.....

of course, people with short term memory problems should give up quickly....before the rest of the group thinks they are nuts....so, I give...!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: July 25, 2006, 04:06:50 PM »

Tomorrow on Inside Edition:

Where to watch:

http://www.insideedition.com/wheretowatch/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: July 25, 2006, 04:08:57 PM »

My short term memory is the pits....does anyone remember....if you went to a profile and the person had the "e-mail" notation......you would click on it....then there was a subject line and a message body space...you wrote in each and clicked submit....just like a post but a different size....I liked that because it seemed so safe....anyone coming in could write you but not know your e-mail address unless you gave it to them.....

of course, people with short term memory problems should give up quickly....before the rest of the group thinks they are nuts....so, I give...!

Memere - that is something I can't check because my security level is different.  If you are actually seeing the email address then that is something different than used to happen and Tom needs to know about it.  Is that what it is?  You see the email address now?
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: July 25, 2006, 04:10:29 PM »

Hey MeMere! and all Monkeys!

That is how I remember sending email thru our profiles. No email address is shown in the message you are typing thru our profiles.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: July 25, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Memere - that is something I can't check because my security level is different.  If you are actually seeing the email address then that is something different than used to happen and Tom needs to know about it.  Is that what it is?  You see the email address now?

Klaas...yes....I had mine in my profile....and when I clicked on it...it was an email form showing my email addy...I have now checked that it not be shown....I did have it checked that it could be....hope this makes sense.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: July 25, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

I am actually seeing the e-mail address.....I tried Sunny's twice and saw it (though she has removed it)....I can see mrs. red's....no one else on this page has their e-mail available....

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: July 25, 2006, 04:13:44 PM »

Tomorrow on Inside Edition:

Where to watch:

http://www.insideedition.com/wheretowatch/

Thanks Klaas.  I have to remember this last week I missed it.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: July 25, 2006, 04:15:05 PM »

Hey Klaas,
I just clicked on your profile button then on your email button and I get your email addr is shown in the TO box.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.