April 27, 2024, 10:35:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #633 6/2 - 6/3/2007  (Read 164761 times)
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Easy- I was doing some chores.

This will be an interesting week in my opinion. Next Saturday is the 9th. They will either need to charge the suspects with the other crimes that do not include murder, or lose them.

I think this will be a BIG week.  

And if they don't charge em, how will they build a case that ramps up to murder?
It will be an interesting week....I just hope somewhere along the line... is the Justice for Natalee.  

I think so too Rob.  That's the way I've understood it too although we've been told that we don't understand their system.  ppffttt.  Justice is coming.

BTW good to see everyone.  Had an amazing trip, but the internet on the ship really stunk.  I had wireless, but it was still so slow it took me 4 minutes just to check 1 email each day from the office.  And at 30 cents a minute I was only able to check in at SM several times.

I did read one evening where Grande had posted a spreadsheet of some sort but was never able to find it.  Could somebody show me the way? TIA
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2007, 01:14:29 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
I heard Medley was spotted having breakfast at a sidewalk cafe this morning.  Maybe not......

Well then there's no wonder she's so envious of how good I look in my topless ballet attire.  Wink  Cool

That thong is a brave thong!   Shocked

And a strong thong!  Wink

Too funny!!

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2007, 01:16:42 PM »

Pearl at BFN posted this article from May
I found it quite interesting, IMO could give possibility to the holloway
family down the road

http://www.intelligencer.ca/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=522622&catname=Local+News&classif=

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2007, 01:19:25 PM »

{{{Hey Snoopy}}}

Welcome back! I don't know where the spreadsheet Grande posted is, but I'd love to see it as well....

Bring Natalee home...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: June 03, 2007, 01:19:45 PM »

Quote from: "snoopy"

This will be an interesting week in my opinion. Next Saturday is the 9th. They will either need to charge the suspects with the other crimes that do not include murder, or lose them.

And if they don't charge em, how will they build a case that ramps up to murder?
It will be an interesting week....I just hope somewhere along the line... is the Justice for Natalee.  

I think so too Rob.  That's the way I've understood it too although we've been told that we don't understand their system.  ppffttt.  Justice is coming.

BTW good to see everyone.  Had an amazing trip, but the internet on the ship really stunk.  I had wireless, but it was still so slow it took me 4 minutes just to check 1 email each day from the office.  And at 30 cents a minute I was only able to check in at SM several times.

I did read one evening where Grande had posted a spreadsheet of some sort but was never able to find it.  Could somebody show me the way? TIA

Here you go Snoopy:

SEARCHABLE LIST OF THE STATEMENTS REQUESTED IN THE DR. PHIL MOTION TO COMPEL (in excel format) - This was put together by GRANDE

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/fun-images/nhcase-statements.xls
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: June 03, 2007, 01:24:43 PM »

Thanks San! I hear you've been feeling poorly...I hope you're doing better now!!

Bring Natalee home...
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: June 03, 2007, 01:29:01 PM »

Thats's a good article  Sue.  

Good to see you too Mishy

San thank you, and glad you're feeling better.

Easy...why people wanna flash thier unders will always amaze me.  Nasty.  wow.   Laughing
Grande
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2007, 01:31:21 PM »

Quote from: "San"

Here you go Snoopy:

SEARCHABLE LIST OF THE STATEMENTS REQUESTED IN THE DR. PHIL MOTION TO COMPEL (in excel format) - This was put together by GRANDE

I sent Klaas an updated version with some interesting details, if anyone wants it just email me.

Were one day closer to parlaying our collective efforts into JUSTICE being served.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2007, 01:34:18 PM »

That's an awesome job Grande.  Lot of hard work.  Much appreciated.  I would like to see the updated version, but I don't have your email.  I'll ask Klaasend to send it to me when she has time.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »

Quote from: "Grande"
Quote from: "San"

Here you go Snoopy:

I sent Klaas an updated version with some interesting details, if anyone wants it just email me.

Grande - yes, I did get that.  Haven't had a chance to ask Tom to replace it yet.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2007, 01:38:48 PM »

Klaas you have mail  Cool

TIA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: June 03, 2007, 01:39:17 PM »

Klaas you have mail  Cool

TIA

Back at ya, lol  Laughing
Grande
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #432 on: June 03, 2007, 01:40:41 PM »

That's an awesome job Grande.  Lot of hard work.  Much appreciated.  I would like to see the updated version, but I don't have your email.  I'll ask Klaasend to send it to me when she has time.

Snoop... My pleasure as always!  Email addy is tdbweb2003@yahoo.com if necessary.  Email anytime.  

Klaas, no problem whatsoever.  Just wanted you to have it for what it's worth.

Were one day closer to parlaying our collective efforts into JUSTICE being served.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #433 on: June 03, 2007, 01:55:54 PM »

Morning Monkeys.  It's a lazy Sunday morning here in AZ.  I looked at the RU garbage today.  Don't they know that this case is still open?  No one will discuss the reward until the case is resolved.  Then, anyone who has a claim may file for the money.  Until the case is resolved, there is no point in even discussing rewards.  And, yes, the offer of a reward is a binding legal contract that is enforceable in a court of law.  However--and this is a big one--the CASE HAS TO BE SOLVED FIRST before anyone will entertain claims for the reward money.  Geez, talk about putting the cart before the horse...   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »

Thanks Klaas.  I haven't recieved it yet, but it'll come shortly.

Thanks Grande.

Ya'll won't believe this.  Daughter was in charge of picture taking while we were on our trip.  I just now had a chance to look at them, and man she is one lousy picture taker!!  Dang.   Rolling Eyes  Shocked  Laughing

No soup for her.........next.......
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2007, 01:58:05 PM »

Thanks Klaas.  I haven't recieved it yet, but it'll come shortly.

Thanks Grande.

Ya'll won't believe this.  Daughter was in charge of picture taking while we were on our trip.  I just now had a chance to look at them, and man she is one lousy picture taker!!  Dang.   Rolling Eyes  Shocked  Laughing

No soup for her.........next.......

Snoopy where did you go?  I know about bad picture takers as I am one!  It seems some people just naturally know how to frame and focus a shot, but some people (like me!) are really clueless and literally just point and click the darn camera!   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2007, 01:58:41 PM »

Hi AZLady.  It's a lazy day here in St. Louis too cause I'm making it one

Rock On!!  Cool
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2007, 02:04:08 PM »

Hi AZLady.  It's a lazy day here in St. Louis too cause I'm making it one

Rock On!!  Cool

Hi Snoopy!  

I'm glad you had a good time. Did you see our friend who still hasn't written back to me?

I Stand With The Girl
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2007, 02:10:52 PM »

For everyone at RU and elsewhere who are interested in the legal ramifications of reward monies, here is an article from the Thompson Gale Law Encyclopedia titled Reward, from http://www.answers.com/topic/reward

This entry contains information applicable to United States law only.

Reward
A sum of money or other compensation offered to the public in general, or to a class of persons, for the performance of a special service.

It is commonplace for the police to offer a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of an offender, or for a pet owner to post notices in a neighborhood offering a reward for the return of a lost dog or cat. In legal terms, the person promising a reward is offering to enter into a contract with the person who performs the requested action, that is, turning in a criminal or returning a lost pet. Performance will be rewarded with money or some other compensation. Therefore, the legal concepts involving rewards are derived from the law of contracts.

An actual, valid offer must be made to create a contract of reward. The offer is merely a proposal or a conditional promise by the person offering the reward, known legally as the offerer. It is not a consummated contract until the requested action is performed.

The person offering the reward can do so on any terms she wishes, and the terms must be met before the reward can be recovered. The subject matter of the offer can entail the discovery of information leading to the arrest and conviction of a person, the discovery of stolen property and the apprehension of the thief, the return of lost property, or the recovery or rescue of a person.

A prize or premium can be a valid offer of a reward for exhibits, architectural plans, paintings, the best performance in a tournament, the suggestion of a name, or the achievement of the best time in a race.

Any person, including corporations, legally capable of making a contract can bind herself by an offer of reward. Legislatures have the power to offer rewards for acts that will be of public benefit. Legislatures, however, typically empower officers, such as the governor, the U.S. attorney general, or a federal marshal, to offer rewards for certain purposes, such as the apprehension of criminals.

Unless a statute requires the offer to be in writing, the offer of reward can be made orally. An offer can be made by a private contract with a particular person or by an advertisement or public statement on television or radio, or in a newspaper, handbill, or circular.

A contract of reward, like any contract, must be supported by consideration, something of value. The consideration that supports the promise of reward is the trouble or inconvenience resulting to the person who has acted on the faith of the promise.

Because an unaccepted offer of reward grants no contractual rights, the offer can be revoked or canceled at any time prior to its acceptance by performance. Once a person has performed or partially performed the requested action, an offer of reward cannot be revoked to deprive a person of compensation. An offer must be revoked either in the way in which it was made or in a manner that gives the revocation the same publicity as the offer. A later offer, in different terms from the first, does not revoke the first offer.

Generally an offer of reward that has no time limit is considered to have been withdrawn after a reasonable time. What constitutes a reasonable period of time depends largely on the circumstances under which the offer was made. In some jurisdictions a reward for the discovery of criminal offenders only lapses when the statute of limitations has expired against the crime.

A reward can be claimed only by a person who has complied with the conditions of the offer before it expires or is revoked. Performance can be completed by a third person, such as an agent or servant, who is acting on behalf of the claimant's interest.

When the reward is offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction, the return of property, the location of a missing person, or for other purposes, the person who furnishes the information is entitled to the reward. This rule applies even if, in the case of arrest, the person does nothing more than disclose the information and others make the physical capture. The informant need not become involved in the prosecution or appear as a witness at the offender's trial to collect the reward.

The information must be adequate and timely for a person to collect a reward. If a criminal has surrendered or the information was already known when the informant provided it, no reward will be given. Likewise, if the information does not lead to the desired end included in the initial offer, such as an arrest and conviction, or the recovery of property, the reward will be denied. However, when the reward is for the detection or discovery of an offender, a conviction is not necessary as long as the discovery or arrest occurs.

When a reward is offered for the apprehension or arrest of a criminal, a personal arrest by the claimant is usually not necessary. The arrest of the wanted person must be lawful, no matter who makes it. Those making an unlawful arrest cannot recover the reward because an agreement for an unlawful arrest is against public policy and unenforceable. If the offender voluntarily surrenders or is en route to surrender, the captors have not earned the reward.

Generally when a reward is offered for the arrest and conviction of an offender, the person claiming the reward must have caused both the arrest and subsequent conviction because both are conditions of recovery under the contract. The reward in such a case cannot be apportioned between what is due for the arrest and what is due for the conviction.

When lost property is involved, some states have statutes that provide for a reward for the finder or for compensation for the expense of recovering and preserving the property. If only a proportionate share is returned, the finder is entitled to a proportionate part of the reward. When such a statute does not exist, however, a finder has no right to a reward for the return of property to its owner if none has been offered.

If the offered reward is definite and certain, the finder has a lien on the property in the amount of the reward until it is paid. A lien is a charge against property to secure the payment of a debt or the performance of an obligation. For example, if John offers a reward of $100 for the return of his missing motorcycle and Bob goes looking and finds it, Bob can file a lien for $100 against the motorcycle with the local court if John does not pay him the reward. If the offer is indefinite, such as one that states "liberal reward" for the return of the motorcycle, there is no lien on the property.

Except in the case of statutory rewards, the general rule is that the person who claims the reward must have performed the services knowing of the offer and for the purpose of collecting the reward. For example, if Bob happens to find John's motorcycle in a ditch and returns it to John not knowing that he had offered a $100 reward, Bob cannot claim the $100. This rule is based on the theory that without such knowledge there can be no meeting of the minds, which is essential to the formation of a contract. Knowledge of a statutory remedy is not necessary to entitle the claimant to recover it.

When a reward is offered to the public, anyone who performs the required service can claim and accept the reward, except persons who are under a duty to perform such services. A law enforcement officer, therefore, cannot claim a reward if the service performed is within the line and scope of the officer's duty. This prohibition will apply even if the officer performed the service at a time when he was not on duty or was outside his territorial jurisdiction. When, however, an officer acts beyond the scope and line of duty, there is no prohibition in claiming the reward.

A person who aids and abets the commission of a crime has no right to a reward for the arrest of the perpetrator. Similarly a person who purchases stolen property with reasonable grounds for believing it has been stolen cannot receive a reward offered for its return.

BRING NATALEE HOME
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »

AZLady, I agree with you but with RU and FOB it does appear having the SM whipping post is key to their survival. what would they do with themselves all day if they could not hurl at others and at this family? It's telling isn't it?

Actually with SMS and now Roger involved in medley's defend the reward credibility site, one has to wonder if all of this is an effort to discourage those who might come forward in Aruba or elsewhere? They will go to any lengths to protect Deepak and Satish, and Meds appears to want to be Joran's surrogate mother so my take is it's their effort to deflect belief in the reward for that simple reason.

Jossy's plan for full page ads might be more than they can bear, huh?

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.