March 28, 2024, 04:33:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #634 6/4 - 6/5/2007  (Read 155622 times)
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: June 05, 2007, 12:08:35 PM »

Isn't it amazing how smart our dogs can be?

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: June 05, 2007, 12:08:46 PM »

I do remember that joran always id'ed himself with the non-dutch.he has stated he does not like living in Holland.
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #922 on: June 05, 2007, 12:09:48 PM »

What were the original money rewards?  Obviously not enough for a cop with all the info to come forward.  How about the rumored revised reward?
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: June 05, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
Lil Puma,Did they really do that back then,I can't remember

Yep.  They did.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: June 05, 2007, 12:13:39 PM »

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
What were the original money rewards?  Obviously not enough for a cop with all the info to come forward.  How about the rumored revised reward?

I do not believe a member of the police force is eligible for a money reward.

BRING NATALEE HOME
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: June 05, 2007, 12:14:08 PM »

Don't know about Dutch law, but cops here can't collect rewards.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #926 on: June 05, 2007, 12:14:42 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
If AG called us dimwits yesterday, I highly doubt she'd be nice to us today and answer any questions.  I am not the person that first mentioned AG could have been Simian.  In fact, I still have my doubts about that one, although this person had a very compelling arguement and presented evidence to back it up.  I will say however after all this time and if Aruba really does want to solve this case and get on with life, someone should be willing to come forward and provide the right people with some information.  I have difficulty putting any trust in the Dutch.  Afterall, it was one of their own that created this mess in the first place.

Well, I don't really know what the heck I'm talking about here, but I guess I'm playing devil's advocate. If I remember correctly, someone here emailed with her and asked her if she was Simian, and she said she wasn't. That monkey then told us on the forum that she said she wasn't Simian. If I had been asked if I were Simian and had said "no," I would probably accuse people of being dimwits too if they kept discussing it on a public forum where they knew I could read. I realize my saying that will probably get some people upset, but it's simply how I see the situation. I'm not trying to make anyone angry, just stating how I see it.

I do believe that if there were other questions about things Arubagirl posted early on, and someone asked her respectfully to answer those questions, she might do it. Of course, I could be totally wrong, but it seems like a logical step to me.

I Stand With The Girl
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #927 on: June 05, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »

I posted some information from a law encyclopedia about rewards in general on the last thread.  Anyone in law enforcement cannot collect a reward as it considered their job to investigate crime.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #928 on: June 05, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »

Maybe we could ask her about the other female that Grande has connected to the Simian posts?  The name escapes me at the moment.
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #929 on: June 05, 2007, 12:17:42 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"

Perhaps I'm a dimwit...   Wink   Too bad!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: June 05, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »

By the way, just to be clear, I'm NOT calling anyone a dimwit. I'm saying if I were in that situation, I might be tempted to say that.

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #931 on: June 05, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
By the way, just to be clear, I'm NOT calling anyone a dimwit. I'm saying if I were in that situation, I might be tempted to say that.

I understood what you meant.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: June 05, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Rob, this was something I had saved, it sort of backs up what she was talking about....I am sorry, I cannot give a link as this is so old.....

Over at Scared Monkeys, frequent commenter Aruba Girl claims to have info that someone saw the Kalpoe brothers on the road at 2 AM the night of Natalee Holloway's disappearance - presumably driving in an area associated with this mystery.

Can I ask a question. If somebody told me that they saw the brothers doing something suspicious but not illegal in and of itself, should I tell the cops? Even though a month has passed. I want to emphasize that I did not see it, but it was told to me. I assumed that this person told the cops, but turns out that that didn't happen.

Somebody saw the car of the brothers (the person is very familiar with the car, sees it almost daily, saw the brothers on the road at two am, going TO the direction of Montanja. I'm going to call my cousin and let her know. She's a cop. And no, that's not the reason why I'm so gung-ho about defending the cops from corruption accusations. We're not that close.

That's all the more interesting in light of information I've long had and previously passed along that they were also seen giving their car a thorough cleaning in an unusual spot after their initial release.

Okay, wow. Damn you're fast.

First off, I thought the person went to the cops, didn't see this person and then oops, didn't go to the cops. Will talk to person to going to cops.

Second, I e-mailed my cousin. I trust this cousin. I think she's on the level.

I don't know why the person didn't go on the cops, believe me, that's a question that I'm going to ask.

Going back now.

Posted by: arubagirl | June 28, 2005 09:35 PM

RWV and I posted the very same thing on the previous page.

Embarassed sorry, I had only seen the small post from Rob.  I missed it.

Maine, born and raised!
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #933 on: June 05, 2007, 12:20:13 PM »

If AG called us dimwits yesterday, I highly doubt she'd be nice to us today and answer any questions.  I am not the person that first mentioned AG could have been Simian.  In fact, I still have my doubts about that one, although this person had a very compelling arguement and presented evidence to back it up.  I will say however after all this time and if Aruba really does want to solve this case and get on with life, someone should be willing to come forward and provide the right people with some information.  I have difficulty putting any trust in the Dutch.  Afterall, it was one of their own that created this mess in the first place.

Well, I don't really know what the heck I'm talking about here, but I guess I'm playing devil's advocate. If I remember correctly, someone here emailed with her and asked her if she was Simian, and she said she wasn't. That monkey then told us on the forum that she said she wasn't Simian. If I had been asked if I were Simian and had said "no," I would probably accuse people of being dimwits too if they kept discussing it on a public forum where they knew I could read. I realize my saying that will probably get some people upset, but it's simply how I see the situation. I'm not trying to make anyone angry, just stating how I see it.

I do believe that if there were other questions about things Arubagirl posted early on, and someone asked her respectfully to answer those questions, she might do it. Of course, I could be totally wrong, but it seems like a logical step to me.

BT, I don't think anyone is saying that AG is Simian.  There is some speculation that she MIGHT have written some of the later Simian entries.  However, no one can say for sure.  On the other hand, whoever did write the Simian entries, early or later, might have very good reasons to deny writing any of them.  Aruba is not a friendly place to live if you have publicly written about such a volatile subject and perhaps given out information that the police discovered.

BRING NATALEE HOME
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #934 on: June 05, 2007, 12:21:35 PM »

I understood what you meant.

Phew! Thanks, Lala's. Very Happy

I guess I was trying to say that just because that one thing upset her, it did not mean that she would necessarily be totally averse to answering other questions.

I Stand With The Girl
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #935 on: June 05, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"

Perhaps I'm a dimwit...   Wink   Too bad!

Annie, you're not a dimwit.  I wondered the same thing until I read more about how rewards work.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #936 on: June 05, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »

Better a dimwit than a nincompoop... Cool   [the latter perhaps my favorite word of all time...]
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #937 on: June 05, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't think the cops in Aruba who do know what is going on are eligible to claim the reward.  Thus, the monetary incentive for turning on your fellow cops (a very dangerous thing to do) is removed.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: June 05, 2007, 12:26:28 PM »

AZ,Kate is my dog and she called that a showoff border collie.Lil Puma,does that mean it may not have been polio vaccine on the sugar cubes,OMG.I am glad I stayed away from the kool aid.I don't don't have a clue about the Sns,but I enjoy reading
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: June 05, 2007, 12:27:53 PM »

Annie,what is a nincompoop.I get called that a lot along with idiot,man,etc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.