March 29, 2024, 12:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celina Cass, 11yrs old, missing since 7/25/2011 from New Hampshire(BODY FOUND)  (Read 587860 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: August 03, 2011, 06:31:22 AM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hwRkE8CFlT-3I4onYcO9i3Oqv0jg?docId=2f524d7e98374fd19a719241308f97cd
Autopsy can't find cause of NH girl's death

By LYNNE TUOHY, Associated Press – 3 hours ago

STEWARTSTOWN, N.H. (AP) — Community residents were saddened that an autopsy conducted Tuesday on an 11-year-old girl found in a river nearly a week after she disappeared failed to determine how she died.

Further toxicology tests and investigation into Celina Cass' death are needed, Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said at a news conference.

"Despite the findings, the attorney general's office continues to investigate her death as suspicious," Young said. "A criminal investigation remains ongoing into the circumstances of her death."
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #761 on: August 03, 2011, 07:08:16 AM »

Good morning to my own monkey self and 12 guests. Lmao!  Monkey Devil!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: August 03, 2011, 07:31:44 AM »

This article is from July 27th. I think it's interesting that the authorities knew to search the river and also to say that they're finding no evidence of Celina being lost as opposed to missing. Very curious about that. This article also states the river is only 6-8 feet deep. The search dogs showed signs of interest by the river. We also know from news reports that a red truck was taken & searched or something like that. I thought there was a car le was interested in, also...not sure though. Plus the house was sealed off with crime scene tape.

So, did something happen to Celina in that house or one of their vehicles before she was transported to the river? Obviously Celina didn't walk to the river herself or else the dogs would have followed a trail of her scent from her residence to the river...which didn't happen bc le said there were no signs of her being lost.

I'm curious why Wendell said he's not at "liberty" to say anything further?It's an odd way thing to say when a child is missing. Does Wendell know something more or did le tell the family they could hinder the investigation by speaking to the media?

Here's the article from the 27th. IMO the authorities already suspected this wasn't going to end well...

http://hosted2.ap.org/txash/f7ded15e4d4846268a17b79c1c4b7cb8/Article_2011-07-27-Missing%20Girl-NH/id-a8e042281eb44d0e9463018620c06205

Jul. 27, 2011 2:12 PM ET
Disappearance shakes NH town; crews lower river
JOHN CURRAN, Associated Press

Snipped:
Her stepfather, Wendell Noyes, described Celina as a quiet girl who would not have left home on her own. He declined to comment further, adding, "I'm not really at liberty to say anything."

Snipped:
Gralenski said Wednesday that a small boat with an officer and fishing guide was searching the river about a quarter-mile from her home. He said the river was lowered Tuesday to help with the search. The river runs between New Hampshire and Vermont, where state police also have helped with the search.
"It's not a deep river. You'd be hard-pressed to find 6 to 8 feet in most of it in that area," he said. "When we had it drawn down, it was exceptionally low." That allowed the Border Patrol to search by helicopter and some officers to search the river by kayak before severe thunderstorms passed through Tuesday afternoon.
At the peak of the search Tuesday, Gralenski said, there were at least three dozen officers, New England police dog handlers, and a search and rescue group assisting by water, air, and land, including ATV trails in the woods.
"We found no evidence that she had been in that area and of course, we have no evidence she is lost as opposed to missing, either," he said.
The area is densely wooded and there's little to no cell phone reception.
In addition to the river search Wednesday, some officers were searching areas where some of the dog teams showed some interest, Gralenski said.
Towles said that in addition to her stepfather and sister, Celina lives with her mother, Louisa Noyes, who works part-time at a consignment shop in Colebrook. Her father is very ill and is hospitalized, she said.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: August 03, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »

The dogs went to the water.
Also wasn't stated that the dog in the boat found the location of the body.
I bet that's how they knew where to look by the dam.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: August 03, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »

Here's another article from the 27th. The way this is written, it makes it seem like Kayla was home. It was reported she stayed over somebody's house that night, so I'm confused... Thank gosh Kayla had her sister's computer passwords to give to police! Also, Wendell noticed her missing around 7:00am!

http://www.colbsent.com/stories.php

11-Year-Old Stewartstown Girl Reported Missing
By Karen Ladd

Snipped:
Area law enforcement are seeking the public's help in their search for an 11-year-old West Stewartstown girl reported missing yesterday morning.

Celina Cass was last seen at her Washington Street home the night before, and her stepfather realized she was gone at 7 a.m. yesterday. "We ate dinner and watched TV," said Celina's sister, Kayla. "She was still on the computer when we went to bed."

Snipped:
Celina's mother and stepfather, Louisa and Wendell Noyes, reported her missing to N.H. State Police. Police were looking at the family's computer for clues to the girl's whereabouts, said Kayla, who also said she was able to help by providing her sister's Internet passwords.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: August 03, 2011, 07:50:48 AM »

Mornin' pharlap!    Yeah, but the wording le used was a little strange. They specifically said they had no evidence she was lost as opposed to missing. So, when the dogs alerted by the river it was an indication Celina had been near there or was still there. Le failed to say that the dogs alerted and followed her scent to the river... See what I'm saying? I'm thinking that if le thought she could have been lost, then they would have said something like the dogs followed her scent to the river.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #766 on: August 03, 2011, 08:00:10 AM »

So, from this same article again, I'm hinky about the 7am time given. It's been reported that Wendell contacted Louisa at work to let her know that Celina wasn't home. What time does Louisa have to be at work? Isn't 7am kinda early for a consignment shop? Also, Wendell's fb was logged into and being utilized between 8-9am that morning bc he commented on somebody's status, which has since been deleted from his wall. Why would Wendell be on fb during the time right after he discovered Celina missing from her bedroom?

http://www.colbsent.com/stories.php

Snipped:
her stepfather realized she was gone at 7 a.m. yesterday
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #767 on: August 03, 2011, 08:12:18 AM »

Interesting...

http://www.urbanchristiannews.com/ucn/2011/08/celina-cass-autopsy-fails-to-find-cause-of-girls-death.html

Celina Cass: Autopsy Fails to Find Cause of Girl's Death
August 3, 2011 3:21 AM

Snipped:
New Hampshire Fish and Game Department divers found Celina's body Monday near a hydroelectric dam that spans the Connecticut River between Celina's hometown, Stewartstown, and Canaan, Vt., ending an intense search that at its peak involved more than 100 federal, state and local law enforcement officers.

Young said "visible observations" of Celina's body in the water and once it was removed prompted investigators to consider her death suspicious, but she declined to be more specific. She also declined to comment on whether there were any suspects in the death or say who was in the girl's house the night before she was reported missing July 25. Police have said there was no sign of a struggle and there was no indications she ran away or someone took her.

The lack of answers was "scary," said Shannon Towle, who owns a convenience store across the street from the house where Celina lived with her mother, sister, stepfather and a man named Kevin Mullaney, said by neighbors to be the son of a former boyfriend of her mother, Louisa Noyes.

Police guard the home of Celina Cass on Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2011 in Stewartstown, N.H. (AP Photo/Toby Talbot)
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: August 03, 2011, 08:23:54 AM »

Mornin' pharlap!    Yeah, but the wording le used was a little strange. They specifically said they had no evidence she was lost as opposed to missing. So, when the dogs alerted by the river it was an indication Celina had been near there or was still there. Le failed to say that the dogs alerted and followed her scent to the river... See what I'm saying? I'm thinking that if le thought she could have been lost, then they would have said something like the dogs followed her scent to the river.

I understand what your saying.
I think that Le is not saying actually what did/is going down.

Why did they lower the river?
Also stated where she was PUT IN the water.

I want to know what they found with her, which they wouldn't give that info out.  Why????

If they do another presser, wish it would only be with actual updates with new info, not the same ol.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: August 03, 2011, 08:30:35 AM »

Here is a photo of Louisa on the right at the consignment shop where she works. This was taken Dec 2010 and is from an article in the Colebrook Chronicle. She looks young, pretty, happy and normal here. Not what I was expecting at all. The photo and article about the shop are on page 6 of the pdf below.

http://www.colebrookchronicle.com/Dec31.pdf

I tried to insert the photo, but it didn't work so I guess I don't know how to do it. If anyone could tell me how or insert it for me I would appreciate it.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: August 03, 2011, 08:32:35 AM »

Pharlap - Good point about being "put in the river". I definitely agree with you! I'm wondering if Celina was inside of something, or if there were ligatures on any of her limbs or neck. They didn't release any info if she were cut or abused in some way. Something tells me this poor little girl was violated in the worst way. I'm curious if she was wrapped in a blanket or something...
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #771 on: August 03, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »

She better not have duct tape on her or I'll scream.

Gmorning Titch

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #772 on: August 03, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »

Was the crime scene tape put up right after Celina was reported missing, then taken down shortly after, and once again put back up again? I thought I read somewhere that tape was up around the house & red truck but then subsequently taken down when le was done searching the property. This pic makes it seem like that is the case, that maybe crime scene tape was put up twice...

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110802/NEWS07/110809998

Body of Celina Cass recovered from river near West Stewartstown home; AG launches criminal investigation

By LORNA COLQUHOUN
Union Leader Correspondent
Published Aug 2, 2011 at 3:00 am (Updated Aug 1, 2011)

On the porch where Celena Cass lived with her family in downtown Stewartstown, a candle burned in front of her picture throughout the day Monday. By late afternoon, police tape surrounded the home.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: August 03, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »

She better not have duct tape on her or I'll scream.

Gmorning Titch

Omg I'll freak out! She better not!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: August 03, 2011, 08:50:08 AM »

Good morning Klaas, Muffy, But, Bearly, whover else is on...

Could a mod please resize that picture I just posted? I think I may have blown the margins bc I'm on my cell. I'm sorry. It didn't look that large on the site...

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: August 03, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »

Hmmm... A bag was found so that's why a diver was brought from Back Pond to that area of the river? Crime scene was then put up again around the house. Also, note the length of time from when Celina's body was discovered in the river vs when it was taken out of the river. Referring to the same article previously given:

Body of Celina Cass recovered from river near West Stewartstown home; AG launches criminal investigation

By LORNA COLQUHOUN
Union Leader Correspondent
Published Aug 2, 2011 at 3:00 am (Updated Aug 1, 2011)

Snipped:
The child's body, recovered from the river about 5 p.m., is scheduled for an autopsy this morning in Concord.

By mid-morning Tuesday, attention in the intensive, six-day search focused on a span of the Connecticut River at Public Service of New Hampshire's Canaan Hydro Station.

The spot, below an old railroad trestle, was a half-mile both from Cass' home and the Stewartstown Community School, where the command center for her search was established last Thursday morning.

Media were told to leave the area as a New Hampshire Fish and Game dive team went into the water just above the dam. The body was discovered about 10:30 a.m., Young said.

Snipped:
By 4 p.m., that tableau was framed by yellow police tape that again surrounded the house, along with several police officers keeping watch.

Snipped:
On Sunday afternoon, as the Fish and Game dive team was searching Back Pond, one diver was directed to go to the area where Cass' body was ultimately found to check out a bag. For at least an hour after that, no one entered the water and it was not clear whether a dive took place in that area that day.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: August 03, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »

Think why it was hours for Le to retrieve the body, chain of command.
They need the coroner there?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: August 03, 2011, 09:26:03 AM »

Good morning to my own monkey self and 12 guests. Lmao!  Monkey Devil!

good morning to you and myself and everyone else lol!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »

Think why it was hours for Le to retrieve the body, chain of command.
They need the coroner there?

does this seem right to any of you? a child's body must remain in the water for hours because of 'chain of command'? outrageous! the natural instinct would be to fish that body out as soon as possible...dignity and respect, all of that...
but I do understand that it could interfere with evidence and all of that...

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: August 03, 2011, 09:29:31 AM »

I still want to know what Kevin was doing the night before Celina was discovered missing and who he was with. Who owns or drives the "red truck"? Is Kevin close friends with the Noyes kid that lives in Canaan? I've also read that the woods by that area are used all the time for teens to get together & party. This was found in the comments section:

Quote:
Calm Lee said:

Valarie - Thank YOU for being the sensible one of these commenters.

No one should be suspecting anyone about anything, until it is is confirmed this is the girl and it is determined to be a homicide.

I've heard that trestle bridge is used by kids as a short-cut between W. Stewartstown and Canaan. 11 year olds have been known to sneak out at night, to meet up with friends. Accidents happen. Just as possible as anything else, until it's known otherwise.

Perhaps it's time for everybody to calm down and wait for answers
(Report Abuse) August 1, 2011 4:53 pm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.